FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > My pics being used :-(

My pics being used :-(

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A friend messaged me yesterday to say that pics from my old profile were being used by someone in Ireland and they had seen them on page one of hot pics. When I saw the profile naughty_nurse18 I felt sick and I still feel a bit traumatized now. I messaged the profile and me and people that I met off my old profile that could verify they were my pics also reported. But the profile had 14 verifications Presuming they were fake veri for a veri type. I haven't been able to think about much else today, feeling a bit violated. The profile was deleted but they could have easily have set up a new profile with a new name

Now I have set all my pics to friends only and the only friends I add are those I have met or am really interested in meeting. I don't trust anyone else now.

But now I am getting no messages, going from a couple of hundred a day, maybe, to virtually none which obviously is going to impede me meeting.

Just getting it all off my chest, gutted that it has really taken the shine off fab for me now

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"A friend messaged me yesterday to say that pics from my old profile were being used by someone in Ireland and they had seen them on page one of hot pics. When I saw the profile naughty_nurse18 I felt sick and I still feel a bit traumatized now. I messaged the profile and me and people that I met off my old profile that could verify they were my pics also reported. But the profile had 14 verifications Presuming they were fake veri for a veri type. I haven't been able to think about much else today, feeling a bit violated. The profile was deleted but they could have easily have set up a new profile with a new name

Now I have set all my pics to friends only and the only friends I add are those I have met or am really interested in meeting. I don't trust anyone else now.

But now I am getting no messages, going from a couple of hundred a day, maybe, to virtually none which obviously is going to impede me meeting.

Just getting it all off my chest, gutted that it has really taken the shine off fab for me now

"

You have every right to feel upset, please don't let one idiot ruin fab for you, the majority of us are alright. Hope you feel better soon

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"A friend messaged me yesterday to say that pics from my old profile were being used by someone in Ireland and they had seen them on page one of hot pics. When I saw the profile naughty_nurse18 I felt sick and I still feel a bit traumatized now. I messaged the profile and me and people that I met off my old profile that could verify they were my pics also reported. But the profile had 14 verifications Presuming they were fake veri for a veri type. I haven't been able to think about much else today, feeling a bit violated. The profile was deleted but they could have easily have set up a new profile with a new name

"

Not nice when it happens.

But what's stopping you messaging others rather than letting the drop in incoming messages affect your time on site?

A

But what's stopping you messaging others rather than letting the drop in incoming messages affect your time on site?

A"

It's not the drop in messages that are affecting my enjoyment of fab. It's someone using my pics that has affected it. My pics being set to private has stopped Any one from messaging me which means I don't know who is interested in meeting me anymore

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

Why is it going to impede you meeting?

Just message the people you want to meet....there is nothing wrong with the woman messaging first

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

A

It's not the drop in messages that are affecting my enjoyment of fab. It's someone using my pics that has affected it. My pics being set to private has stopped Any one from messaging me which means I don't know who is interested in meeting me anymore "

That's easily remedied, go on the hunt yourself and let them know you're interested

By *ittlemisssassypantsCouple  over a year ago

South East Wales

Ah that sucks that someone has stolen your pics, make sure you report them and maybe put a watermark on your pictures so that you don’t have to hide them.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

It's not the drop in messages that are affecting my enjoyment of fab. It's someone using my pics that has affected it. My pics being set to private has stopped Any one from messaging me which means I don't know who is interested in meeting me anymore

That's easily remedied, go on the hunt yourself and let them know you're interested"

This.

I'll give you one guess how I met Fox.....

A

"

We put our profile name on all our pics to stop anybody else from using them. Maybe it's something you'd like to consider too.

Mrs

By *ankandKarenCouple  over a year ago

St Helens

Sorry to hear this. It must have been quite unsettling. Just don’t set any face pics to public and be choosy about who you add as a friend. X

Erm! why would you want a couple of hundred messages a day anyways?

We always hear of women complaining of getting too many so surely it's a bit of a blessing.

I am pretty sure as a female on here you get plenty of offers anyway

"

YOU do the research for meets, instead of waiting for them to come to you!

I do it all the time and the quality of guys are better (in my opinion)

Have a go see for yourself.

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

If it upsets you just make sure your naked pictures don’t have your face and only dressed ones show it. Sad but true many fakes and picture hunters on here.

It’s a horrible feeling having people use your pictures, it happened to me a couple of times and now I always put my name on them. I’ve also been messaged today by a female who when I looked at her profile pictures I recognised them from somebody else’s profile. I’ve reported them and told the person who’s pictures they are. I really don’t understand the mentality of some people or why they would do this but it’s one of the risks of posting pictures online

By *inkSWCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Newport

Other than your unusual time requirements, if you were closer and as you say able to show a picture once you were comfortable it was going somewhere we'd be delighted to have you message us. Like everyone else is saying, go find people who match what you want and start hunting, the worse they can do is ignore you.

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

That's horrible! Can't believe people do that here... Makes me wonder if I should set my pics to friends-only as well.

However, as others have said, the reduction of inbox overload can only be a good thing anyway

Thanks everyone, I have been hunting and had a fabulous night with a man of my choosing! Exciting lol. still really unnerved about if my pictures are being used on other profiles now, but we live and learn. Keeping them as they are, set to friends only. Thanks for your messages when I was having a bit of a shitty nerve wracking time! Xxx

Op stay safe your doing the right thing admin should really sort the issue out but it won't as they're not bothered

By *ornylittlesubWoman  over a year ago

Grangemouth

"Thanks everyone, I have been hunting and had a fabulous night with a man of my choosing! Exciting lol. still really unnerved about if my pictures are being used on other profiles now, but we live and learn. Keeping them as they are, set to friends only. Thanks for your messages when I was having a bit of a shitty nerve wracking time! Xxx"

The same thing happened to me a few months ago...with someone of a very similar named profile from Ireland too. So they obviously do this a fair bit.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Op stay safe your doing the right thing admin should really sort the issue out but it won't as they're not bothered "

If it's reported and can be proved admin will always take action.

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

stockport

My whole profile was duplicated once. All my friends reported them. What made it worse was the person was messaging all the friends on my friends list too saying that I’d had to set up a new account! It’s a horrible feeling that someone does this as you always assume people behave how you’d behave, never found out whobit was or why or what agenda they actually had. The main thing is to just put it behind you. Dust yourself off and carry on regardless xx Mrs xx

"Thanks everyone, I have been hunting and had a fabulous night with a man of my choosing! Exciting lol. still really unnerved about if my pictures are being used on other profiles now, but we live and learn. Keeping them as they are, set to friends only. Thanks for your messages when I was having a bit of a shitty nerve wracking time! Xxx

The same thing happened to me a few months ago...with someone of a very similar named profile from Ireland too. So they obviously do this a fair bit. "

Omg it's horrible, sorry it happened to you to!! I think verification pics should be compulsory now. Such a simple thing and would put a stop to fake profiles xxx

"My whole profile was duplicated once. All my friends reported them. What made it worse was the person was messaging all the friends on my friends list too saying that I’d had to set up a new account! It’s a horrible feeling that someone does this as you always assume people behave how you’d behave, never found out whobit was or why or what agenda they actually had. The main thing is to just put it behind you. Dust yourself off and carry on regardless xx Mrs xx"

Thank you lovely! That must have been horrible. Your experience sounds a bit stalkerish to me hope all is ok since xxx

"Op stay safe your doing the right thing admin should really sort the issue out but it won't as they're not bothered

If it's reported and can be proved admin will always take action."

I couldn't prove it as they were off my old profile that was since deleted. The only thing I could do was ask people who had previously met me off that profile to report that they knew those pics were off my old profile. I don't think admin took the profile down, I think the fake profile person received messages off me and my friends and deleted the profile, but I will never know.

I do not think anyone has mentioned this yet? This is actually theft, it is illegal!

I am guessing that you at least have copies of the said photographs?

Firstly alert the administrators - good luck with that

Alternatively, you could involve the Law, it depends on how serious that you are about getting something done about it!

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

stockport

"Thank you lovely! That must have been horrible. Your experience sounds a bit stalkerish to me hope all is ok since xxx "

Yeah. Everything was ok. Just puts you off your stride for a bit so I know how you feel. Take it as a compliment that they liked your photos xx try not to let the buggers get you down as there are also some lovely people on here too xx

"Op stay safe your doing the right thing admin should really sort the issue out but it won't as they're not bothered

I couldn't prove it as they were off my old profile that was since deleted. The only thing I could do was ask people who had previously met me off that profile to report that they knew those pics were off my old profile. I don't think admin took the profile down, I think the fake profile person received messages off me and my friends and deleted the profile, but I will never know. "

I bet all that happened as with most reported things is the guilty party got a 5 day time out so they deleted it and like you said probably have a new profile as admin doest block offendind people's email addresses as I've been told by the many escorts that have been reported to admin ,they get a five day timeout then start again

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I couldn't prove it as they were off my old profile that was since deleted. The only thing I could do was ask people who had previously met me off that profile to report that they knew those pics were off my old profile. I don't think admin took the profile down, I think the fake profile person received messages off me and my friends and deleted the profile, but I will never know. "

You won't know what action admin took. My next post will say how admin deal with reports.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******