FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Stalkers

Stalkers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ugbylad0490 OP   Man  over a year ago

Halifax

This guy got 3 years in prison for stalking, breaking in to and vandalising her Home and threatening to kill my female friend after meeting her on here and becoming obsessed. He’s been released now after serving 20 mths fior good behaviour and he’s back on Fab as a 100% genuine guy!

Here’s the link it made the Daily Mirror

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-jailed-stealing-womans-sex-9034467.amp

The article is factually incorrect there was no relationship and the dating site was Fab

Im guessing it’s agsinst forum rules to make his profile but will if allowed

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *earboynottinghamMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I wouldn't name the profile on the forum even if it is the right thing to do.

Alert admins do it the official way.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

[Removed by poster at 30/12/18 16:55:51]

By *uffymayfairCouple  over a year ago

Almeria

A pitifully leniant sentence as usual.

Onestepoutofthedoor

Hopefully this thread does not disappear!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hopefully this thread does not disappear!"

I have a feeling it will..... it’s naming and shaming in a roundabout way....

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Report the profile. The membership rules are clear in the T's & C's.

8. Who can use our Service?

8.1 You must not use, or attempt to register on, our Service if:

a) you are below 18 years of age;

b) display of or access to any aspect of this Service is illegal under the laws (if applicable) of the country from which you are accessing the Service (e.g. because the country does not permit such a Service or display of or access to such material at all or because you are under the relevant age limit in that country); or

c) you have been convicted of any offence, or subject to any court order, relating to assault, violence, sexual misconduct, harassment or dishonesty. Any breach of this clause is a serious breach of this agreement.

A

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Report the profile. The membership rules are clear in the T's & C's.

b) display of or access to any aspect of this Service is illegal under the laws (if applicable) of the country from which you are accessing the Service (e.g. because the country does not permit such a Service or display of or access to such material at all or because you are under the relevant age limit in that country); or

c) you have been convicted of any offence, or subject to any court order, relating to assault, violence, sexual misconduct, harassment or dishonesty. Any breach of this clause is a serious breach of this agreement.

A"

Terms and conditions not worth the paper they are printed on unless you can prove it him

worrying i have to say

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

Terms and conditions not worth the paper they are printed on unless you can prove it him "

Actually the site can delete anyone they choose for whatever reason they see fit. It's a privately owned site.

8.2 We are a private membership Service. Access is only with our permission. We may for any reason decline to accept anyone as a Member.

A

This is actually scary.

From my experience it’s unfortunately pointless reporting the profile and relevant information... I’ve done this multiple times about a particular person and while the profile is quickly removed by the sites admin another appears within a short time

5 times that I’ve seen he’s put my name, address and phone number up and had profiles removed but he’s still an active user and a danger to women

Halifax

"From my experience it’s unfortunately pointless reporting the profile and relevant information... I’ve done this multiple times about a particular person and while the profile is quickly removed by the sites admin another appears within a short time

5 times that I’ve seen he’s put my name, address and phone number up and had profiles removed but he’s still an active user and a danger to women

"

That’s how his behaviour started by putting her phone number on his status and on other adult sites

On his release when he was active on here his profile was reported but nothings happened he’s still very active and as there’s a restraining order if he puts his name down for events she had to avoid them

Halifax

A

Terms and conditions not worth the paper they are printed on unless you can prove it him

Actually the site can delete anyone they choose for whatever reason they see fit. It's a privately owned site.

8.2 We are a private membership Service. Access is only with our permission. We may for any reason decline to accept anyone as a Member.

A"

Was reported at time of his release when he logged on his profile with a status of “I’m back”

Nothing happened though

A

A

Was reported at time of his release when he logged on his profile with a status of “I’m back”

Nothing happened though"

I was on another site where there was a member who displayed quite worrying behaviour towards some of the female members.

I was included in this and when I reported it to admin they came up to me and told me they were very aware of this man and the reason they hadn't removed his profile although they had stopped him from being able to send messages as because if they removed him he would just possibly come back with another profile and they wouldn't know who he was. They felt the best way they could monitor him as if they knew which profile it was and I actually feel that's probably the best way of dealing with something like this. I haven't worded this very well but I hope you understand what I mean.

Very frightening! this is the stuff that puts me off the site. How safe are we when people.know these people have done won't but not allowed to name profiles!.

"Very frightening! this is the stuff that puts me off the site. How safe are we when people.know these people have done won't but not allowed to name profiles!."

Again the problem is they just pop back up with a different profile and that's when the guessing games start and people end up being falsely accused so I do understand it to some extent

What you have to remember is the majority of people that use this site are safe it's unfortunate that there are always one or two that spoil it and make people worried.

By *aughty But Nice TwiceWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

"Very frightening! this is the stuff that puts me off the site. How safe are we when people.know these people have done won't but not allowed to name profiles!."

Word of mouth is much stronger than naming where your not allowed x there has to be facts and I say a strong one is this guy is on the papers x

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Very worrying but after reading the article we know what he looks like.....

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Having had one of my own I can assure you it’s no fun and a nightmare to get the authorities to take action against.

Will be keeping an eye on this one.

Mrs M

By *egs11ABCWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

[Removed by poster at 30/12/18 20:20:11]

"From my experience it’s unfortunately pointless reporting the profile and relevant information... I’ve done this multiple times about a particular person and while the profile is quickly removed by the sites admin another appears within a short time

"

this part about profiles is true, i keep seeing a profile reappearing daily as it keeps being deleted because its obvious the person doing it is taking revenge by posting pics and calling them sluts etc.

i block the new profile on a regular basis as it shows in local updates

By *iReyWoman  over a year ago

Cheshire East

After getting a stalker of my own a couple of years back, this is why I NEVER accom unless I trust the person 100%, I live here alone with my daughter in the countryside, it's just not worth the risk. It's scary!

By *aughty But Nice TwiceWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

"After getting a stalker of my own a couple of years back, this is why I NEVER accom unless I trust the person 100%, I live here alone with my daughter in the countryside, it's just not worth the risk. It's scary!"

This is great advice also never give out personal info or move chat to other apps stay safe girls xx

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Having had one of my own I can assure you it’s no fun and a nightmare to get the authorities to take action against.

Will be keeping an eye on this one.

Mrs M"

Must say he wasn’t off Fab but another.

Sure they move about though to avoid detection.

Scary stuff. Horrible that anyone has to put up with that kind of thing. Heard about a young person being stalked by an older man today, Police involved. So worrying.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I've had to involve the police over someone. They've now messaged me on here from a new profile. I guess they think I won't go to the police this time as I'd have to admit to being on here.

I can confirm it is a really shit situation to have to deal with

Halifax

Advice police gave her

Don’t give out phone number stick to kik

Phone number can be used to google and possibly bring up other dating profiles/Facebook with info of family and employer

This was how he found out personal details

Get the guys full name and google it so will bring up any convictions through court briefs published

"After getting a stalker of my own a couple of years back, this is why I NEVER accom unless I trust the person 100%, I live here alone with my daughter in the countryside, it's just not worth the risk. It's scary!"

How did you get a stalker of your own?

Did you make one, or buy one?

By *ommyxyzMan  over a year ago

Harlow

The women who after a year of trying to ruin my life,career, and haras my daughter and gran kids got told by the boys in blue and later a court after me paying for a cival action to “ let it go”

It is an unrecognised crime.

Grantham

"After getting a stalker of my own a couple of years back, this is why I NEVER accom unless I trust the person 100%, I live here alone with my daughter in the countryside, it's just not worth the risk. It's scary!

Did you make one, or buy one? "

Not funny

Grantham

"The women who after a year of trying to ruin my life,career, and haras my daughter and gran kids got told by the boys in blue and later a court after me paying for a cival action to “ let it go”

It is an unrecognised crime."

I think it's more that it's hard to prove and if they don't actually harm you physically no one is interested?

That story happened In 2011

By *ommyxyzMan  over a year ago

Harlow

She turned up at a new job threatening to shoot me. Armed police were called and kids were evacuated!

She is little, very pretty and so incredibly manipulative. Even my mates thought I must be to blame!

"Advice police gave her

Don’t give out phone number stick to kik

Phone number can be used to google and possibly bring up other dating profiles/Facebook with info of family and employer

This was how he found out personal details

Get the guys full name and google it so will bring up any convictions through court briefs published "

You can change your setting on FB so your number doesn't come up in a search.

Cheshire East

"After getting a stalker of my own a couple of years back, this is why I NEVER accom unless I trust the person 100%, I live here alone with my daughter in the countryside, it's just not worth the risk. It's scary!

Hilarious, it's not funny when someone figures out where you work, when your shifts are and follows you home on dark nights. Didnt even give the psycho my phone number or details about my vanilla life but he found it out anyway

Halifax

"That story happened In 2011"

No it didn’t it was Oct 2016 read it he’s now been released so letting people know

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

No good reporting nothing gets done ,i had a stalker and he even sent messages to people i met ,it was reported but nothing was done ..

Cheshire East

"No good reporting nothing gets done ,i had a stalker and he even sent messages to people i met ,it was reported but nothing was done .."

Very true, I was told when I reported mine that they couldn't do much unless he physically harmed me. It's a joke

Scary stuff and the sentence was way too lenient! But sadly there’s nutters everywhere not just on sites like here, thankfully the majority of people are here for mutual fun and it’s only a small number of nutters that do stuff like this

Onestepoutofthedoor

Not funny "

From a woman as well.

"That story happened In 2011

No it didn’t it was Oct 2016 read it he’s now been released so letting people know"

No it was in 2011

Not funny

From a woman as well."

There are women stalkers as well.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

WTF!!

Truly gobsmacked!

No it didn’t it was Oct 2016 read it he’s now been released so letting people know

No it was in 2011"

I can assure you it was 2016 the article states the date it was published you obviously can’t read!

Also it was me it happened to so I think I can clarify as I was there ffs

These forums are for people to solicit friendly advice when they feel unsure of how to proceed. The negativity is uncalled for. Rude and hurtful. Free forum or not. A very good friend of mind had to endure shit like this which caused no end of upheaval. The police will pursue the severest penalties when they feel someone’s wellbeing is in jeopardy.

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

"I've had to involve the police over someone. They've now messaged me on here from a new profile. I guess they think I won't go to the police this time as I'd have to admit to being on here.

I can confirm it is a really shit situation to have to deal with "

What's wrong with admitting you're on here though? Is not illegal, whereas stalking is

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I've had to involve the police over someone. They've now messaged me on here from a new profile. I guess they think I won't go to the police this time as I'd have to admit to being on here.

I can confirm it is a really shit situation to have to deal with

What's wrong with admitting you're on here though? Is not illegal, whereas stalking is"

I've had friends who have contacted the police about being harassed by people on fab. The police dealt with them in a very sensitive manner. All got sorted without any embarrassment.

Difficult thread to read now as some comments have been deleted, rightly so. Please think before you type

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

This is exactly why I have Clyde at home while I'm meeting someone off here. Obviously the guy in the link is seriously unhinged and a danger to women. Yet he's out of prison and back on here as a "genuine" male? You have to wonder how many more "genuine males" on here are complete nutters.

We were ripped to shreds a while ago for Clyde being home while I am meeting. But reading things like this justifies our position completely. Despite how pleasant and "genuine" some people appear to be in their profile and in messages, you just don't know who's turning up at your door.

Safety first, safety second.

I had a stalker on here a few years ago. She made my life a misery and the reason I left. She followed me my parents and my friends. I even moved out of my hometown to get away from her, which changed nothing. After 5 years another bloke got her attention and she finally left me alone.

A"

Seen a few posts like this today... which worries me having been a victim from a dating site a few years back.

Tinterwebs is so difficult to police, just have to stay safe and be extra vigilant.

Ellie xxx

No it was in 2011

I can assure you it was 2016 the article states the date it was published you obviously can’t read!

Also it was me it happened to so I think I can clarify as I was there ffs"

Not read everything before loads of posts are being deleted but I’ve been there and it’s awful.

I completely empathise with you.

Justice in the U.K. is a joke BUT the police that investigated my case, I couldn’t fault at all.

Just block, delete, don’t engage...

Took ages for me to return to the online world so here I am on Fab because it’s ruined any hope of actually dating or wanting to x

"These forums are for people to solicit friendly advice when they feel unsure of how to proceed. The negativity is uncalled for. Rude and hurtful. Free forum or not. A very good friend of mind had to endure shit like this which caused no end of upheaval. The police will pursue the severest penalties when they feel someone’s wellbeing is in jeopardy. "

Missed a lot of it but 100% agree with your comment x

See there’s a thread by some lady who’s going thru this right now! Why do peeps do this? Serious mental health issues

"No good reporting nothing gets done ,i had a stalker and he even sent messages to people i met ,it was reported but nothing was done ..

Very true, I was told when I reported mine that they couldn't do much unless he physically harmed me. It's a joke "

Think it depends on the constabulary, I had the best police deal with mine and they went above and beyond to protect me x

By *urhamjayMan  over a year ago

Durham

"This guy got 3 years in prison for stalking, breaking in to and vandalising her Home and threatening to kill my female friend after meeting her on here and becoming obsessed. He’s been released now after serving 20 mths fior good behaviour and he’s back on Fab as a 100% genuine guy!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-jailed-stealing-womans-sex-9034467.amp

The article is factually incorrect there was no relationship and the dating site was Fab

Im guessing it’s agsinst forum rules to make his profile but will if allowed "

How have you tracked him down to fab? Just want to be careful as men's photos aren't always clear and don't want mistaken identity.

By *orthcoupleXXXCouple  over a year ago

Durham

That’s why we only meet at clubs and never at our home, don’t know who you are letting in

"See there’s a thread by some lady who’s going thru this right now! Why do peeps do this? Serious mental health issues "

A plethora of reasons but mostly control... the only way to feel good about theirselves is to control another’s misery.

ANYONE WHO NEEDS SOME ASSISTANCE:

Have a look online for something called the Freedom Program. It’s £10 or so unless you’re referred by a PLO but it really helps with therapy after such a traumatic event of whatever falls under the umbrella of Domestic & Sexual Abuse including Stalking and online harassment x

"No good reporting nothing gets done ,i had a stalker and he even sent messages to people i met ,it was reported but nothing was done .."

Keep at it... anything like this needs reporting regardless of how you feel the police handle handled your own case. That report that may be ignored now may be used as evidence if they move on and escalate to someone else.

If I’d done nothing and he attacked someone after me, I’d never have lived with the guilt...

Mine already had form which I had no idea until we went to court, the person that reported him before me, helped me secure that conviction.

Bigger picture, always xx

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

We have suffered from the actions of a stalker. He was deluded. Nothing to do with Fab or the lifestyle.

He convinced himself he was in a relationship with Mrs W , just blatantly lied to the police, used his Masonic connections to slow down or stop enquires and ended up with physical attacks and letters to place of work etc.

It was sorted, I won’t say how , but police were undoubtedly spiked by the masons. (One confirmed it off the record)

"See there’s a thread by some lady who’s going thru this right now! Why do peeps do this? Serious mental health issues

A plethora of reasons but mostly control... the only way to feel good about theirselves is to control another’s misery.

Have a look online for something called the Freedom Program. It’s £10 or so unless you’re referred by a PLO but it really helps with therapy after such a traumatic event of whatever falls under the umbrella of Domestic & Sexual Abuse including Stalking and online harassment x "

Xx

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"See there’s a thread by some lady who’s going thru this right now! Why do peeps do this? Serious mental health issues

Have a look online for something called the Freedom Program. It’s £10 or so unless you’re referred by a PLO but it really helps with therapy after such a traumatic event of whatever falls under the umbrella of Domestic & Sexual Abuse including Stalking and online harassment x

Xx"

"This guy got 3 years in prison for stalking, breaking in to and vandalising her Home and threatening to kill my female friend after meeting her on here and becoming obsessed. He’s been released now after serving 20 mths fior good behaviour and he’s back on Fab as a 100% genuine guy!

Im guessing it’s agsinst forum rules to make his profile but will if allowed "

Having read that article please ensure you do report to Admin, that is shocking and genuinely concerning he is back on fab.

I would absolutely 100% find a way of putting his name up on the forums, whatever ban or outrage might ensue from the privacy zealots.

By *earboynottinghamMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Having read that article please ensure you do report to Admin, that is shocking and genuinely concerning he is back on fab.

I would absolutely 100% find a way of putting his name up on the forums, whatever ban or outrage might ensue from the privacy zealots. "

Zealots?

It's against the site rules for good reason, this person might have made a mistake and therefore name the wrong person which is not an acceptable outcome.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I would absolutely 100% find a way of putting his name up on the forums, whatever ban or outrage might ensue from the privacy zealots.

Zealots?

It's against the site rules for good reason, this person might have made a mistake and therefore name the wrong person which is not an acceptable outcome.

"

Not needed as his name is on the link to the newspaper article.

Zealots?

Not needed as his name is on the link to the newspaper article. "

Yes but sadly not his username. Just the sort of psycho people worry about.

I would imagine there are plenty of sex offenders here - convicted or not. Always be wary.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"I would imagine there are plenty of sex offenders here - convicted or not. Always be wary. "

Very true, the ratio on a site like this is likely to be way higher than ‘out there’ and most of the convicted ones are probably breaching their conditions of release by having a profile here.

Leeds

Zealots?

Yes but sadly not his username. Just the sort of psycho people worry about."

We're sure his username could be circulated by private message.

Zealots?

Yes but sadly not his username. Just the sort of psycho people worry about.

We're sure his username could be circulated by private message. "

Yes, many ways to sort it out I guess.

A

A

Nothing happened though

I was on another site where there was a member who displayed quite worrying behaviour towards some of the female members.

I was included in this and when I reported it to admin they came up to me and told me they were very aware of this man and the reason they hadn't removed his profile although they had stopped him from being able to send messages as because if they removed him he would just possibly come back with another profile and they wouldn't know who he was. They felt the best way they could monitor him as if they knew which profile it was and I actually feel that's probably the best way of dealing with something like this. I haven't worded this very well but I hope you understand what I mean. "

That makes sense to me. One of the reasons I don't block people.

"I would imagine there are plenty of sex offenders here - convicted or not. Always be wary. "

There's always a first victim.

A

Terms and conditions not worth the paper they are printed on unless you can prove it him "

Perhaps not but the site owners have a duty of care to provide for its users. They can either stamp down on these profiles or risk being sued/charged themselves should this user strike again. They also run the risk of losing the company and being banned from becoming company director in any future ventures..... If they don't care about the safety of their users then I'm sure they will care about that

Leeds

A

Perhaps not but the site owners have a duty of care to provide for its users. They can either stamp down on these profiles or risk being sued/charged themselves should this user strike again. They also run the risk of losing the company and being banned from becoming company director in any future ventures..... If they don't care about the safety of their users then I'm sure they will care about that "

Sadly, even if admin shut down his account, he'll be back with a new one with a new user name and new set of photo's (if any at all). People like these are very determined, very nasty and very dangerous.

» Add a new message to this topic