FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Being contacted outside of age range filter

Being contacted outside of age range filter

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *annoo OP   Woman  over a year ago

Hastings

I just wandered how comes I've had guys way way older than my age range filter be able to message me, double checked I definitely have the filter set on?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

Have they spoken to you before you altered your age bracket? If so, they will still be able to message you.

I can’t message you

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I didn't set age filters until I'd been here several months.

Anyone out of those ages, who messaged me, and I replied to prior than that can now still message me.

Also if you've sent a wink it will invalidate them too x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/01/19 00:21:43]

Could they be ones you've replied to in the past? Even if it was to tell them no thanks, before you set your hard filters? People that you have replied to in the past, are able to bypass them.

"I just wandered how comes I've had guys way way older than my age range filter be able to message me, double checked I definitely have the filter set on?"

Maybe cause your too damm HOTTTT!

Hastings

No these people haven't contacted me before and no winks or nothing to my knowledge unless they are people whose pics I've fabbed in the past and mega past as haven't done that randomly for over a year

Yes

We’ve had a few young ins that have slipped through too

Strange x

"I just wandered how comes I've had guys way way older than my age range filter be able to message me, double checked I definitely have the filter set on?

Maybe cause your too damm HOTTTT! "

Nice attempt at flirting with the OP, but i dont think it works like that

"No these people haven't contacted me before and no winks or nothing to my knowledge unless they are people whose pics I've fabbed in the past and mega past as haven't done that randomly for over a year "

The only other thing is that it could be a glitch. I have blocked people who don't have public pics, but some still get through.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Well I just tried OP (not that this is me trying to get round your filters which I respect completely) and it said I'm outside your age range - so it appears to be working currently.

Are you sure you had the filter to not allow messages outside your age range set before? If it doesn't say "only" after the age range (as it does now) then people can still mail you.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"No these people haven't contacted me before and no winks or nothing to my knowledge unless they are people whose pics I've fabbed in the past and mega past as haven't done that randomly for over a year

The only other thing is that it could be a glitch. I have blocked people who don't have public pics, but some still get through. "

That could be because they set a pic to public to message you and then set it back to private - that's an old trick to get round that filter

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

"No these people haven't contacted me before and no winks or nothing to my knowledge unless they are people whose pics I've fabbed in the past and mega past as haven't done that randomly for over a year

The only other thing is that it could be a glitch. I have blocked people who don't have public pics, but some still get through. "

Alot of people make a pic public to get round the filter and then remove after.

Hastings

They are 100% out of my age range and I've had it set lower and raised it recently, but I'm talking guys a hell of alot older

And I've always had the filters so bit confused ..think it's just a few slip throughs going by most of your comments

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

I don't think fabs count towards avoiding filters

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

They will be able to message you if you have ever winked them, became friends or if you have messaged them.

If that is not the case then contact admin.

Hastings

I’ve got the ‘must have public photos’ on mine and still loads of messages havent, bit annoying tbh x

By *reasyontheeyesMan  over a year ago

out in the sticks

"I just wandered how comes I've had guys way way older than my age range filter be able to message me, double checked I definitely have the filter set on?"

I did a test mail and I am most definetely one year out of your age range.

Just an aside what is so special about 45 us 46 year olds arent pass it yet

Wish fab age ranges would move up as our own ages do.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"I’ve got the ‘must have public photos’ on mine and still loads of messages havent, bit annoying tbh x"

They set a pic to public, message you, then hide the pic again.

Sneaky bastards.

We've had the same thing, fillters on but still get random msg's from people outside the ranges of the filters..

By *ade and VanessaCouple  over a year ago

Central Scotland

Worth contacting admin and it may mystically fix

V x

The only other thing is that it could be a glitch. I have blocked people who don't have public pics, but some still get through.

Alot of people make a pic public to get round the filter and then remove after. "

Bloody annoying and a waste of their time too. If i check on their profile and see no public pics, im not going to reply anyway.' I just ignore the sneaky bastards.

"Yes

We’ve had a few young ins that have slipped through too

Strange x"

same here not good, admin not interested except taking money off you

Hastings

yeah tis bit random, been on here over 5 years and other than guys who have changed their age to be able to contact me then change it back, ive not encountered it as bad as i have this past month

By *rtraymondo76Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Well I just tried OP (not that this is me trying to get round your filters which I respect completely) and it said I'm outside your age range - so it appears to be working currently.

Are you sure you had the filter to not allow messages outside your age range set before? If it doesn't say "only" after the age range (as it does now) then people can still mail you."

Yeah. This. If your filter doesn't say 'only' after the ages, the sender gets a warning that they're outside the range ... may not get an answer ... you'd do better elsewhere .... If it does include the word only, then they cannot send a message or a wink(allowing for the other work around reasons already listed here).

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

It's blatant ignorance on their part. Your desired age range is clearly specified and a warning pops up saying they're not within your age range. Yet they still send a message usually beginning with "I know I'm outside you're age range but..."

Too much ignorance and selfishness on here and little in the way of respect for others wishes.

"It's blatant ignorance on their part. Your desired age range is clearly specified and a warning pops up saying they're not within your age range. Yet they still send a message usually beginning with "I know I'm outside you're age range but..."

Too much ignorance and selfishness on here and little in the way of respect for others wishes."

If messages are still getting through, then the warning is based on preferred age range but hard filters aren't set to block anyone outside that range.

If that hard filter is on, they won't get through. Same goes for gender

https://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters "block anyone who isn't [xx to yy]"

I have a preferred age range but my filters still allow messages from other people.

"It's blatant ignorance on their part. Your desired age range is clearly specified and a warning pops up saying they're not within your age range. Yet they still send a message usually beginning with "I know I'm outside you're age range but..."

Too much ignorance and selfishness on here and little in the way of respect for others wishes.

If messages are still getting through, then the warning is based on preferred age range but hard filters aren't set to block anyone outside that range.

If that hard filter is on, they won't get through. Same goes for gender

https://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters "block anyone who isn't [xx to yy]"

I have a preferred age range but my filters still allow messages from other people."

The OP's have hard filters set up. You can tell by the fact that it says 'only' after their age specification . I checked just before i initially commented a few days ago, because I also thought this may be the issue

By *eddonistikMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Sometimes they can be some of the most fun meets, unexpected!

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

Not sure but it's frustrating as a (youthful) 42 year old how most younger women set 40 as the upper limit and the older ones seem to set 45 or 48 as the lower limit haha

» Add a new message to this topic