FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Straight or Bi-Curious?

Straight or Bi-Curious?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We’ve been on fab on and off for quite some time now (approx 8 years) have always described ourselves as a straight couple. However, over the past year or so we have both experienced moments of mild same sex play (touching and oral) which all were totally unplanned. We both have no regrets and enjoyed the experience. The confusing thing is that neither of us would consider doing anything sexual with the same sex outside of a 3some/4some scenario as we simply would not find same sex bodies sexually arousing, but we find some of them arousing when we play together as a group, but not all! Sometimes we meet a couple where we would prefer to play straight with them? The problem we have is when we put us as Bi-Curious in our profile it seems that couples naturally assume that Bi play is a sure thing or it’s all we seek which it simply is not. Unfortunately it seems that straight couples think the same and we really don’t want to come across as misleading or time wasters

Ok, so here’s our question...

What (in your opinions) should we put ourselves down as on our profile that is the more correct description of us? “Straight”? Or “Bi-Curious”?

We appreciate all opinions and advice (even in PM)

Thanks x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he Knight is YoungMan  over a year ago

22 Acacia Ave, Preston-for now

Bi-curious would be the best to put in your preference and a little write up in your profile (a condensed version of what you have put on here).

Communication is the key and always best to find out likes and dislikes with all that is involved.

Happy fabbing x

By *rHornyGentMan  over a year ago

South East London

A great honest question. In my mind, sex is about enjoyment and exploration. It gets better with time and a willing partner.

I faced the same issue when I signed up to Fabs but quickly found a lot of people are “Fab straight”, meaning they’re bi but don’t want to miss that straight partner who won’t meet bi people.

Personally, I would change it to bi-curious. Why miss out meeting people who want to explore sex like you? It was a bit quiet for a while after I changed to curious, then it went absolutely chicken oriental and I’ve never had such a good time.

I changed again to fully bisexual last year. I generally don’t meet single guys, but if I see someone I like either in a club or online then I’m happy to play, but that’s rare. I’m more likely to be playing with the male half in a couple or moresome situation as that appeals to my huge voyueristic side.

Shame they’re isn’t a category called “Roman”

Good luck, enjoy yourselves

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We’ve been on fab on and off for quite some time now (approx 8 years) have always described ourselves as a straight couple. However, over the past year or so we have both experienced moments of mild same sex play (touching and oral) which all were totally unplanned. We both have no regrets and enjoyed the experience. The confusing thing is that neither of us would consider doing anything sexual with the same sex outside of a 3some/4some scenario as we simply would not find same sex bodies sexually arousing, but we find some of them arousing when we play together as a group, but not all! Sometimes we meet a couple where we would prefer to play straight with them? The problem we have is when we put us as Bi-Curious in our profile it seems that couples naturally assume that Bi play is a sure thing or it’s all we seek which it simply is not. Unfortunately it seems that straight couples think the same and we really don’t want to come across as misleading or time wasters

What (in your opinions) should we put ourselves down as on our profile that is the more correct description of us? “Straight”? Or “Bi-Curious”?

Thanks x "

Don't need to label! Just tell the individual few who you're interested in meeting, the scenarios you've played. They'll decide if you are right for them!

"Bi-curious would be the best to put in your preference and a little write up in your profile (a condensed version of what you have put on here).

Communication is the key and always best to find out likes and dislikes with all that is involved.

Happy fabbing x"

We think your right with the condensed comment, we’re just trying to explain things best we can

Thankyou for your comment xx

"A great honest question. In my mind, sex is about enjoyment and exploration. It gets better with time and a willing partner.

I faced the same issue when I signed up to Fabs but quickly found a lot of people are “Fab straight”, meaning they’re bi but don’t want to miss that straight partner who won’t meet bi people.

Personally, I would change it to bi-curious. Why miss out meeting people who want to explore sex like you? It was a bit quiet for a while after I changed to curious, then it went absolutely chicken oriental and I’ve never had such a good time.

I changed again to fully bisexual last year. I generally don’t meet single guys, but if I see someone I like either in a club or online then I’m happy to play, but that’s rare. I’m more likely to be playing with the male half in a couple or moresome situation as that appeals to my huge voyueristic side.

Shame they’re isn’t a category called “Roman”

Good luck, enjoy yourselves "

“Fab Straight” is exactly what we don’t want to be known as, but then we don’t want Bi play to be expected from us just in case it doesn’t happen that way.

The good thing here is we are both in exactly the same frame of mind, not really knowing if we’re Bi-Curious or Straight as it’s all simply come out of the blue and caught us off guard after so many years regarding ourselves as “Straight” which with hindsight would be more correctly labelled as “in denial”

Thankyou for your opinion and advice xx

" Don't need to label! Just tell the individual few who you're interested in meeting, the scenarios you've played. They'll decide if you are right for them!

"

We agree, but we have to put us down in our profile as something which is what our initial question was. We want our profile to be as honest as possible and not misleading. In our experience we have noticed that no matter what you put in your profile, such is the diversity of personalities on fab, people will only read and see things in the context suited to them and the way they think. So, although your absolutely right in what you say, we have to label ourselves on our profile and communicate clearly if and when contacted.

Thanks x

By *unknSoulCouple  over a year ago

Dumfriesish

we would say hedonistic rather than Bi. Funk x

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

Your both bi sexual as by your own admission you have had some kind of sexual encounter with the same ,ie no longer curious lol

Always difficult with labels, I would generally class myself as straight, but can be orally bi in mmf. Sexuality is a spectrum and sometimes I am on the bi side, others straight hopefully additional labels are added to this site, together with information on your profile will help. Happy swinging

"Your both bi sexual as by your own admission you have had some kind of sexual encounter with the same ,ie no longer curious lol "

Fair point, but outside of play neither of us have any form of attraction to the same sex? Surely if we were Bi-sexual we would?

"Always difficult with labels, I would generally class myself as straight, but can be orally bi in mmf. Sexuality is a spectrum and sometimes I am on the bi side, others straight hopefully additional labels are added to this site, together with information on your profile will help. Happy swinging"

This is how we are. What additional description would you like to see to describe your sexuality?

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

"Your both bi sexual as by your own admission you have had some kind of sexual encounter with the same ,ie no longer curious lol

Fair point, but outside of play neither of us have any form of attraction to the same sex? Surely if we were Bi-sexual we would? "

You could reverse that and say no truly heterosexual person would have same sex , sex ,face it your bisexual thems the facts lol

"We’ve been on fab on and off for quite some time now (approx 8 years) have always described ourselves as a straight couple. However, over the past year or so we have both experienced moments of mild same sex play (touching and oral) which all were totally unplanned. We both have no regrets and enjoyed the experience. The confusing thing is that neither of us would consider doing anything sexual with the same sex outside of a 3some/4some scenario as we simply would not find same sex bodies sexually arousing, but we find some of them arousing when we play together as a group, but not all! Sometimes we meet a couple where we would prefer to play straight with them? The problem we have is when we put us as Bi-Curious in our profile it seems that couples naturally assume that Bi play is a sure thing or it’s all we seek which it simply is not. Unfortunately it seems that straight couples think the same and we really don’t want to come across as misleading or time wasters

Thanks x "

Put what you like, the majority on here don’t read profiles

We are in the same situation, male puts straight on profile but mrs puts bi curious but we do explain in our profile bio that we are bi playful in the right circumstances

By *ugs and JunkCouple  over a year ago

Bellshill

I’d keep it as straight to stop people assuming bi play is always on the cards. Then put a bit in your profile saying you’re ‘bi playful’ depending on the situation

Mrs

"We are in the same situation, male puts straight on profile but mrs puts bi curious but we do explain in our profile bio that we are bi playful in the right circumstances "

Bi-playful, that’s a good way of putting it

"Your both bi sexual as by your own admission you have had some kind of sexual encounter with the same ,ie no longer curious lol

Fair point, but outside of play neither of us have any form of attraction to the same sex? Surely if we were Bi-sexual we would? You could reverse that and say no truly heterosexual person would have same sex , sex ,face it your bisexual thems the facts lol "

Valid point, but we’re not bi-sexual, if we were this whole forum post wouldn’t be here as we would happily accept our sexuality and have us down as Bi-sexual.

To answer your previous comment, I would add a comment in your profile to say generally straight, but orally bi occasionally.

By *hill44Man  over a year ago

hinckley

Thanks x "

Bi curious probably best & explain what you mean in your profile text ,I'm bi but happy to leave that to one side if it doesn't suit the people I'm playing with ,its just a respect thing from the start

Good luck don't worry about it to much

You're straight. You are not attracted to the same sex. Full stop. You are just both horny, and if anything so comfortable with your sexuality that are more open than most. If it's something you want to do you should mention it in your profile. Same as if you wantes to do watersports or whatever.

Thanks x "

I have the same issues within myself and with others.

I've been quite blunt on my profile. I find it pays to be open and honest. Less confusion and dissapointment.

I'd say leave it at bi-curious, but word it to include what you've explained to us. It seems clear to me what you're most and least comfortable with.

Thank you all for your opinions and advice, very much appreciated xx

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"You're straight. You are not attracted to the same sex. Full stop. You are just both horny, and if anything so comfortable with your sexuality that are more open than most. If it's something you want to do you should mention it in your profile. Same as if you wantes to do watersports or whatever."

I'd describe myself the same as the OP and I have straight on my profile. When I actually have proper text up, I explain exactly what I'm looking for and what I'm comfortable with.

I wouldn't describe myself as bi-curious because I'm comfortable with my straightness. I'm not bi because I'm not looking for one on one meets with women.

By *he Knight is YoungMan  over a year ago

22 Acacia Ave, Preston-for now

Honestly speaking, I think there are too many labels nowadays.

Be happy and be happy with your sexuality.

It's adult fun.

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

We're the same as the OP. We like the idea of experimenting in the moment in a group setting but we don't 'fancy' the same sex.

With the limited profile options that the site offers, we've gone with 'bi-curious' for both of us. Then, if people get in touch, we'll explain our limits from there.

We have gone backward and forward with this over the years. We consider ourselves both bi playful in so much as neither of us would meet members of the same sex alone, we enjoy same sex play whilst we are together.

Wish fab had more options to be fair.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Bi curious I’d say

Given Fab has definitive definitions, id say use the straight option given that you aren't actually looking for Bi play (is that correct?) but are comfortable enough to play in the moment. If you meet a totally straight couple, the issue of you playing Bi will never arise, meet a Bi couple who want to play Bi, well, they're not going to complain if you agree are they.

» Add a new message to this topic