FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > norethisterone tablets advice

norethisterone tablets advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aughty But Nice Twice OP   Woman  over a year ago

Pontefract

I have ordered these online because I'm fed up of bleeding for 18 days docs have said I now have to wait for a scan and other tests to find out the problem ... which could be menopause or fibroids I think he said .... I lied on the website which was a proper pharmacist website that I wasn't taking depo injection and wasn't over 35 yrs old so I could order these tablets... surely they won't harm as much as the distress I'm having now ? Any one had them or can give me some advice.... I'm seriously not going through this shit for another month x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oley999Woman  over a year ago

Land of Rainbows and Happiness

I had these for bleeding. Took them 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off for 3 months. Cycle completely normal again now. I found them great, but I was prescribed them under medical advice.

Hope you get sorted soon. It sounds awful! xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I used them long term till I had surgery to sort the issue, but they were prescribed by my dr

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Do the sensible thing and listen to your doctor!

Our bodies are a nightmare at times

My longest was 8 weeks heavy bleeding....awaiting hysterectomy end of this month

"I have ordered these online because I'm fed up of bleeding for 18 days docs have said I now have to wait for a scan and other tests to find out the problem ... which could be menopause or fibroids I think he said .... I lied on the website which was a proper pharmacist website that I wasn't taking depo injection and wasn't over 35 yrs old so I could order these tablets... surely they won't harm as much as the distress I'm having now ? Any one had them or can give me some advice.... I'm seriously not going through this shit for another month x "

It may be depo causing the bleeding. Its a known side effect asupport are fibroids. I had my last injection (my one and only inhection) over a year ago and still having side effects. I had about 30 nasty reactions literally overnight. There's a depo side effect support group on Facebook worth looking at. I had a very accute initial reaction, but so many women have different ones that start at any point.

I don't know anything about the drug your asking about though. I like to address issues at the root, masking symptoms through medicine only causes a variety of new issues.

My advice, stop depo, get the scan and find out the the real cause of the excess bleeding and allow your body time to heal.

Xxx

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I have ordered these online because I'm fed up of bleeding for 18 days docs have said I now have to wait for a scan and other tests to find out the problem ... which could be menopause or fibroids I think he said .... I lied on the website which was a proper pharmacist website that I wasn't taking depo injection and wasn't over 35 yrs old so I could order these tablets... surely they won't harm as much as the distress I'm having now ? Any one had them or can give me some advice.... I'm seriously not going through this shit for another month x "

I wouldn't advise taking it if you're on the depo already as it's the same hormone.

By *electableDalliancesCouple  over a year ago

leeds

If you had to lie to obtain the pills there could be contraindications that could harm you, please have faith in the Drs and wait for your appointment. Or maybe go and see them again and explain your distress and you might get moved up the list.

Pontefract

Thanks for all the replies guys it's reassuring and I've been on the depo for over 15 years and never had a period it's been great until recently now it just feels like all my periods are catching up and I just feel so tired and drained all the time x

They didn’t work for me, I bled for weeks. I changed to cerelle and I don’t bleed at all now

By *urboTongue21Man  over a year ago

Walsall

Sorry...know I am a bloke but have had experience of being with someone using norethisterone.

It does the job controlling the bleeding but it can horrendously affect your mood. It tends to magnify negative feelings and behaviour to extent of being out of control.

By *ubenesque.Woman  over a year ago

over by there

I would agree with the poster above. I have taken them on a couple of occasions short term to delay the start of a period. They definitely effected my mood and increased negative thoughts to almost the point of paranoia. This is a known side effect of the drug.

Also if you are already on hormone based medication I would strongly advise against taking any further self prescribed drugs. I know how you are feeling and how frustrating it is as I had a similar problem when I was your age. This lead to a hysteroscopy and a Merina coil which eventually solved the heavy bleeding.

Good luck OP with any future treatment.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"If you had to lie to obtain the pills there could be contraindications that could harm you, please have faith in the Drs and wait for your appointment. Or maybe go and see them again and explain your distress and you might get moved up the list."

This. They ask these questions for a reason I'm afraid. I wouldn't gamble with it. I'm not minimising your suffering, my periods were hell on wheels before the Mirena (and while they're acceptable now, they're still erratic). But you don't want to hurt yourself.

Pontefract

Thanks for all the advice and kind messages I'm hoping my scan cones through quick and from what I got from doc I think it will so ill see how I go till then xxx

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Id be very weary of using this medication.

I was put on them to try and control heavy bleeding until my date for my hysterectomy came in,what they actually did was make my problem worse as I was bleeding every two weeks on them so I was told to stop taking them until my surgery so be warned sometimes they make bleeding worse .

Pontefract

"Id be very weary of using this medication.

I was put on them to try and control heavy bleeding until my date for my hysterectomy came in,what they actually did was make my problem worse as I was bleeding every two weeks on them so I was told to stop taking them until my surgery so be warned sometimes they make bleeding worse . "

Thanks hun guessing I have to wait and see what my options are and suffer in silence .... us wemon have to put up with so much lol wish I was a bloke sometimes xx

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Id be very weary of using this medication.

I was put on them to try and control heavy bleeding until my date for my hysterectomy came in,what they actually did was make my problem worse as I was bleeding every two weeks on them so I was told to stop taking them until my surgery so be warned sometimes they make bleeding worse .

Thanks hun guessing I have to wait and see what my options are and suffer in silence .... us wemon have to put up with so much lol wish I was a bloke sometimes xx "

no problem hope you get it sorted xx

Following.

Trying this; maybe explains my emotional breakdown

Pontefract

"Following.

Trying this; maybe explains my emotional breakdown "

If there anything I can do to help please mail me x

"Following.

If there anything I can do to help please mail me x "

Thanks x just having an emotionally weak day. I’ll watch a sad film like Free Willy and get it out of my system

Pontefract

"Following.

Thanks x just having an emotionally weak day. I’ll watch a sad film like Free Willy and get it out of my system "

Aww hope your ok hun I'm here if you ever want a rant xx

"Following.

Thanks x just having an emotionally weak day. I’ll watch a sad film like Free Willy and get it out of my system

Aww hope your ok hun I'm here if you ever want a rant xx"

Thank you

I’ve tried the depo, the implant and couldn’t get on with either. I had the coil fitted about 18 months ago and hardly ever bleed now. If I do, it’s a show and that’s it. Before my periods were awful, bleeding for too long and about every 21 days.

Good luck hun, do go to the doc and see what they suggest and see what options are available to you x

Ive bn on the tablets to stop bleeding ....3months...they caused alot of pain and low mood but my bleeding has been caused by coil fitted prior and needs to stop before i remove coil and go back to something else, i would defo go through docs advise, mine has stopped after a months worth of tablets.

"Thanks for all the replies guys it's reassuring and I've been on the depo for over 15 years and never had a period it's been great until recently now it just feels like all my periods are catching up and I just feel so tired and drained all the time x"

15 years is a long time to be on Depo, I was taken off it after 8 years because it can affect bone density. I went from that, to the implant.

And yeah, I had a three month bleed whilst on Depo.

Had an essure sterilisation 18 months ago, was great! But I see the NHS has withdrawn it after issues in American women.

I am NOT giving you medical advice BUT you need to come off the depo as soon as possible.

New advice is a patient can’t have it for longer than 3 years.

If you have suspected fibroids you will need a scan:camera to ascertain size etc.

DO NOT take the meds you have ordered!

I had really heavy periods and got tablets which worked but gave me bad mouth ulcers which i thought was cancer . I had a laser type treatment which was amazing only have 3 dsys of very light bleeding now

Pontefract

Thanks for all this advice and I will admit I do suffer hearing loss and I thought I heard all what doctor was saying then at the end he said so its ok to do both these tests? ...

I only heard scan but assumed other was maybe for test for menopause and a test for theriods so to be honest I only know he's sending me for a scan and not really sure what other test he was in about...

I know I should have asked but I was a bit embarrassed because a few times I said sorry as I couldn't hear and didn't wanna look stupid saying it over and over again

docs should know I've had an ongoing issues with my ears since my very younger yrs while at school x

Pontefract

Well that was very quick got app for my tests next week 28th xx hopefully get sorted x

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I had severe bleeding but had never had depo. Had a coil fitted tho. Cause of bleeding was fibroid growth and PCOS. Only thing that successfully stopped it was hysto last year however after hysto there is all the fun of the fair with hormones and menopause

I hope everything goes well for you but defo see doc (if they don't listen then a sit in protest works wonders )

I took them for 6 weeks prior to an endometrial abalation. They caused migraines while I took them and for 5 years after. These migraines became worse over the years until they were chronic.

Personally I would not recommend them to anyone.

Pontefract

"I have ordered these online because I'm fed up of bleeding for 18 days docs have said I now have to wait for a scan and other tests to find out the problem ... which could be menopause or fibroids I think he said .... I lied on the website which was a proper pharmacist website that I wasn't taking depo injection and wasn't over 35 yrs old so I could order these tablets... surely they won't harm as much as the distress I'm having now ? Any one had them or can give me some advice.... I'm seriously not going through this shit for another month x

I had severe bleeding but had never had depo. Had a coil fitted tho. Cause of bleeding was fibroid growth and PCOS. Only thing that successfully stopped it was hysto last year however after hysto there is all the fun of the fair with hormones and menopause

I hope everything goes well for you but defo see doc (if they don't listen then a sit in protest works wonders ) "

I've had bleeding for 20 days now and it's not easing up ... so hoping these tests will get to the root of the problem but I can't say I'm not tempted to take these tablets just to give me a break I've had 5 days off work and all I've done is sleep on and off and I'm back to work tomo just hope I don't fall asleep lol x

Pontefract

"I took them for 6 weeks prior to an endometrial abalation. They caused migraines while I took them and for 5 years after. These migraines became worse over the years until they were chronic.

Personally I would not recommend them to anyone."

thanks for advice hun I'm going to try wait to get sorted by docs x

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I've had everything going for stopping periods and they tell you not to have them together for a reason, they are very similar amd so cause more severe side effects, some of which can be quite unpleasant.

I know how you feel, I went through this for more than 20 years, I had a hysterectomy 4 months ago and I've never felt better. I had to wait too for scans, biopsies, and a huge amount of blood tests but they finally agreed to the surgery.

I'd seriously rethink taking the norethisterone with the depo, it's against your doctors advice and definitely not a good idea.

By *roticaCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I have experience of these meds and your scan if you want to message me privately.

Pontefract

"I have experience of these meds and your scan if you want to message me privately. "

Thanks hun will do xx

Never a good idea to lie when taking prescription medication as the side effects will be worse than without and might complicate the desired outcome for which you are about to start the tests for! Very very unwise ...

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

I've taken norethisterone a number of times and seem to have escaped side effects lightly compared to others - maybe a little bloating, but not a noticeably heavier period.

*However*, I get them on prescription - there's no way I could get them online without lying due to my age - and after my GP's checked my medical history. I really do understand how frustrating heavy and/or unpredictable bleeding is but I definitely wouldn't take anything hormonal without a doctor's okay until your underlying issues have been sorted out, just in case they make things worse. Fingers crossed that's soon.

Pontefract

"Never a good idea to lie when taking prescription medication as the side effects will be worse than without and might complicate the desired outcome for which you are about to start the tests for! Very very unwise ... "

Its a contraceptive injection I'm taking and now it's obviously not working as I have been bleeding since 2nd Jan and my next injection is due 15 Feb which I won't be getting x

By *ugs and JunkCouple  over a year ago

Bellshill

Not sure if it’s been said before but could you be anaemic?

I suffered terrible heavy bleeding for three years in my teens. I was given the tablets to stop them because I would be bleeding like 20 days out of the month.

They worked at first but gave me bad bloating and headaches.

A different doctor suggested to check my iron levels, found out I was deficient, went on the injections for it then pills and my period has been normal since.

May be worth checking

Mrs

"They didn’t work for me, I bled for weeks. I changed to cerelle and I don’t bleed at all now

"

Not at all? I’ve just started cerelle as mine were awful. Not at all would be heaven!

I had the same problem but bleeding for 6 wks then 1 day break then bleed again for 6 wks, it was an utter nightmare! Had a scan and it turned out to be sameas you, they burnt them off and gave me a coil and no problems now!!

As for the tablets they were great! And I personally had no problems with them!

All the best x

Pontefract

Thanks everyone xx I'm going to be asking a few more questions at me next appointment this thread has helped emensensly with some other effects I have been feeling and hopefully scan will reveal a lot more x

By *utie91Woman  over a year ago

Hitchin

Don’t take Drugs that arnt prescribes to you, there will be a reason that they haven’t been prescribed.

I previously bleed for 3 months due to the GP messing up my pill, I ended up on TXA... stopes after a few day on that.

Then when I had my coils fitted for the first time, I ended up bleeding again for 3/4 months. Went back to the GP and had extra levogesterol... that is the same drug that in the coil... so just had an extra dose to top it up and the bleeding stopped the next day.... never had to take extra again and it’s stopped my periods completely

Pontefract

"Don’t take Drugs that arnt prescribes to you, there will be a reason that they haven’t been prescribed.

I previously bleed for 3 months due to the GP messing up my pill, I ended up on TXA... stopes after a few day on that.

Then when I had my coils fitted for the first time, I ended up bleeding again for 3/4 months. Went back to the GP and had extra levogesterol... that is the same drug that in the coil... so just had an extra dose to top it up and the bleeding stopped the next day.... never had to take extra again and it’s stopped my periods completely "

Thanks hun I'm not taking them it's only what my doc would have given me after my scan but I decided to take all the wonderful advice here and wait and just got in from work and letter waiting my ultr sound scan is on Mon so hopefully get to the bottom of it x

» Add a new message to this topic