FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Epilator for hair removal- advice

Epilator for hair removal- advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyChrissy99 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

Hi all, i have been getting waxed for a long time now but tbh the constsnt waiting for the hair to be long enough and not shaving etc is annoying... Along with the monthly cost....

Do many on here use epilators? I use to use one so know the deal, just wondering who does and what one they use?

Recommendations would be lovely xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ewitching1Woman  over a year ago

belfast

I get sugared. I find it better than wax and lasts much longer and hair comes back finer. Epilators too painful for me lol

By *herrySnickersWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

Laser hair removal all the way! Can’t believe I didn’t do it sooner!

Bristol

"I get sugared. I find it better than wax and lasts much longer and hair comes back finer. Epilators too painful for me lol"

Not sure sugaring would do me my hair is quite thick before waxing i stopped epilating because of the pain but my hair has gor thinner after lots of waxing so worth another shot

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I use Braun Silk-epil 9 Skin Spa and would absolutely recommend it. It has a number of extras including a shaver which I only use on labia as its too sensitive for epilator and hurts like hell)))) but use it everywhere else. Lasts up to a week if not more, and no ingrown hair if exfoliating extras are used regularly.

Forgot to add that it can be used both on dry skin and in the shower/bath which is really handy.

By *inkytoolMan  over a year ago

barnsley

I bought a product called magic powder which you add water to to make a paste. It worked very well and was delicate around my sensitive areas

Bristol

"I use Braun Silk-epil 9 Skin Spa and would absolutely recommend it. It has a number of extras including a shaver which I only use on labia as its too sensitive for epilator and hurts like hell)))) but use it everywhere else. Lasts up to a week if not more, and no ingrown hair if exfoliating extras are used regularly. "

Ohhh perfect, i'm sure it was a Braun i use to use way back when- i will look into the 9 skin spa version, being able to use in the shower too is dead handy- thanks a lot x

By *meraldShoesWoman  over a year ago

bridgnorth

Depends where you epilate and how high your pain threshold is!!

I get someone to wax my bikini, and epilate my legs...

It’s too easy to stop if you do it yourself and it hurts!!

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

I’ve epilated for years with the same machine I got given my a mate who only tried it once.

Bits I found painful (tops of feet, front of knees) now don’t hurt much at all and the hair on my legs is much finer which is a miracle because I have many hairs growing from one follicle.

I love mine. It’s fast, clean and so much easier than any other method, and it lasts longer.

The only possible downside is that legs are not as smooth as if razored because that layer of skin isn’t being scraped over. A dry brush and moisturiser usually cures that.

Bristol

"Depends where you epilate and how high your pain threshold is!!

I get someone to wax my bikini, and epilate my legs...

It’s too easy to stop if you do it yourself and it hurts!!"

About the only bit out of reach is my butt i think i just remember how long it took to epilate before but i definitely wanna retry x

Bristol

"I’ve epilated for years with the same machine I got given my a mate who only tried it once.

Bits I found painful (tops of feet, front of knees) now don’t hurt much at all and the hair on my legs is much finer which is a miracle because I have many hairs growing from one follicle.

I love mine. It’s fast, clean and so much easier than any other method, and it lasts longer.

The only possible downside is that legs are not as smooth as if razored because that layer of skin isn’t being scraped over. A dry brush and moisturiser usually cures that. "

Great tips, i am the same as you- many hairs from some of my follicles, i remember how painful the fron of the knees are but your body looks lovely and smooth i think i need to give it a retry.

Ohhhh what about washing the machine? Do you use alchol or just give it a good wash with soap after use?

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"I’ve epilated for years with the same machine I got given my a mate who only tried it once.

The only possible downside is that legs are not as smooth as if razored because that layer of skin isn’t being scraped over. A dry brush and moisturiser usually cures that.

Great tips, i am the same as you- many hairs from some of my follicles, i remember how painful the fron of the knees are but your body looks lovely and smooth i think i need to give it a retry.

Ohhhh what about washing the machine? Do you use alchol or just give it a good wash with soap after use? "

I’m very bad at remembering to wash the heads but soapy water and a toothbrush is what I use.

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

Epilator is the way to go, you can use it everywhere except the face obviously.

Works well on the undercarriage too, and you do get used to the pain and I hardly notice it now.

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Warminster

I used to epilate but last September I splashed out on a Tria 4X laser. So happy with the results, my forearms have been hairless for nearly 2 months now after more than 10 rounds with it. It'll take a long time to do my whole body but eventually I'll only need to shave around my bits and nips.

Well worth the investment.

"Laser hair removal all the way! Can’t believe I didn’t do it sooner! "

Me too. I still have a few white hairs but I pluck those.

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I've used an epilator for around 28 years, & only on my 2nd in all that time. Initially only used it for my legs, but started using on my pubic area about 6 years ago & now completely hair free. Was agony to start with, but not painful at all now, & I think the effect/feeling is fantastic & smooth.

Love the sound of the 1 you can use in the shower too. Will need to look into that.

R

By *oftandGentle2Couple  over a year ago

leeds

"I get sugared. I find it better than wax and lasts much longer and hair comes back finer. Epilators too painful for me lol"

What’s sugared please?

By *utie91Woman  over a year ago

Hitchin

I invested in a decent laser hair removal device... the Phillips one that is ment to be the best for home hair removal.... not one of the cheap naff things.

And I can honestly say it’s amazing.

You shave first (only works if you shave, doesn’t work with waxing.) then zap with the device and it stops the hair from growing back quickly. Defiantly takes longer to grow back each time. After a few treatments you can go a couple of months without having to do anything.... it really is amazing.

By *ewitching1Woman  over a year ago

belfast

It's like a big sticky ball of sugar .its warmed slightly and they spread on and rip off. I'm a woose so find waxing to painful especially in the very delicate areas lol but sugaring is much less painful, lasts longer and hairs come back really fine the more you do it. Trouble is finding a salon that does it lol

Bristol

I finally cracked out the epilator and it went well after my many months of waxing to help thin my hair growth! My upper legs did take ages though

Aloe vera afterwards all over and i feel lovely and smooth again, woop woop!

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS 49 weeks ago

stockport

Not as effective as a wet shave and painful.

By *ezebel100Woman 49 weeks ago

Birmingham

"I bought a product called magic powder which you add water to to make a paste. It worked very well and was delicate around my sensitive areas"

How long does it last?

By *exysoul888TV/TS 49 weeks ago

Newcastle

"I bought a product called magic powder which you add water to to make a paste. It worked very well and was delicate around my sensitive areas

How long does it last?"

About same as using Veet. Downside is it smells like rotten eggs when using it!

By *alandNitaCouple 49 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

I found epilating the best methid of hair removal and only went back to shaving after having problems with ingrowing hairs.

Nita

By *oxy jWoman 49 weeks ago

somerset

nothing beats waxing ive been shaving for a little while after years of waxing and shaving is a pain in the butt and never totally smooth im going back to waxing just need to let it grow a little more then back to a routine of every 4 to 6 weeks

By (user no longer on site) 49 weeks ago

"I use Braun Silk-epil 9 Skin Spa and would absolutely recommend it. It has a number of extras including a shaver which I only use on labia as its too sensitive for epilator and hurts like hell)))) but use it everywhere else. Lasts up to a week if not more, and no ingrown hair if exfoliating extras are used regularly.

Ohhh perfect, i'm sure it was a Braun i use to use way back when- i will look into the 9 skin spa version, being able to use in the shower too is dead handy- thanks a lot x"

I use this too. The secret is to epilate daily. If you do that it’s really quick and keeps hair growth at bay x

» Add a new message to this topic