FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Harsh...

Harsh...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aron_Tentakuru OP   Man  over a year ago

Exeter

So, someone local just winked at me. I responded with a friendly hello and a face pic. Boom, blocked. I'm honestly starting to question if I'm actually physically repulsive, or something. This isn't the first time someone's initiated contact with me then blocked me as soon as I've shown my face. You really do need to have a hide like a rhinoceros to not start feeling a bit ground down by it all. I don't even know what I can do about this... Head transplant? Swap a Nic Cage onto my Travolta a la 'Face Off'? I'm not even sure why I'm posting this tbh apart from I need a vent....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Exeter

... And maybe some sympathy/reassurance lol

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Maybe they knew you, and wished to avoid that complication.

Maybe they just didn't fancy you.

Either way, just move on...

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Maybe they winked by accident ,can happen using mobile.

By *ilkchocolate87Man  over a year ago

sw london

"So, someone local just winked at me. I responded with a friendly hello and a face pic. Boom, blocked. I'm honestly starting to question if I'm actually physically repulsive, or something. This isn't the first time someone's initiated contact with me then blocked me as soon as I've shown my face. You really do need to have a hide like a rhinoceros to not start feeling a bit ground down by it all. I don't even know what I can do about this... Head transplant? Swap a Nic Cage onto my Travolta a la 'Face Off'? I'm not even sure why I'm posting this tbh apart from I need a vent.... "

Classic female behaviour on here. Take the rough with the smooth. This site is looks based no matter what posters on here try to tell you

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"... And maybe some sympathy/reassurance lol"

Hugs?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Send a pic of someone else, or a pic taken ten years ago in a good light, it’s most probably what the winker does. Cynical much?

By *rownboy30Man  over a year ago

Derby

"... And maybe some sympathy/reassurance lol"

Walk away from this site and do something to forget it, you’ll never be pleasing to everyone or a majority-I think you know this. Horses for course, and there will be plenty of others who you appeal to.

Exeter

"... And maybe some sympathy/reassurance lol

Hugs? "

That would also help, yes!

But only if people aren't too revolted to give them, of course!

Exeter

"Maybe they winked by accident ,can happen using mobile."

That's true, I've done it myself.

Although their profile specifically stated 'if I wink I'm interested'... So I think that's what made it really sting. I get that I might not be everyone's cuppa, that's fine. But the profile in question was also going on about the importance of being polite and respectful... So I didn't think that was either polite, or respectful!

Anyway I'm over it now... Like I said I mostly just needed to vent about that to someone, it's not the sort of thing I'd be posting on my facebook feed for everyone to chew over. Might take a break from here for a bit anyway, idk. Thing is I have had some great chats with genuinely nice people on here, I don't want to let the negativity get to me if I can avoid it. But when this kind of stuff is par for the course, it can make the positives look less so.

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

I bet your mum thinks you're handsome.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"... And maybe some sympathy/reassurance lol

Hugs?

That would also help, yes!

But only if people aren't too revolted to give them, of course! "

Cmon, bring it in fella

This place hasn't been great for my confidence at times!! Maybe some better pics might help? Xxx

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

Have you considered a gimp mask?

But seriously who knows why people do what they do there could be myriad of different reason. Don't get hooked on why, just move on and carry on there will be someone out there the likes your face

Your face is on your profile though

Exeter

"Have you considered a gimp mask?

"

Yes but then they'll want me to act like a gimp also...

Exeter

"Your face is on your profile though "

You're right. I'd actually forgotten about it but tbf, it's only half my face, so I sent a pic out of force of habit but also showing both halves just to prove that they do genuinely look like they're both part of the same head...

By *inful xWoman  over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

Lots of things are harsh on here OP. It's how it is online I'm afraid. Despite what men think, this kind of thing does happen to women too and fairly regularly.

Don't over think it as you won't get an answer and it will drive you potty thinking about why.

Chin up , stay positive and move forward

Wouldn't worry about it.

Saves you time perusing a lost cause.

Not everyone is gonna fancy everyone on here.

Accept it and move on.

"So, someone local just winked at me. I responded with a friendly hello and a face pic. Boom, blocked. I'm honestly starting to question if I'm actually physically repulsive, or something. This isn't the first time someone's initiated contact with me then blocked me as soon as I've shown my face. You really do need to have a hide like a rhinoceros to not start feeling a bit ground down by it all. I don't even know what I can do about this... Head transplant? Swap a Nic Cage onto my Travolta a la 'Face Off'? I'm not even sure why I'm posting this tbh apart from I need a vent.... "

Maybe she was nosing at your profile and winked in error. Panicked and blocked you?

Maybe she's just a crank.

I've had people message me from faceless profiles saying "I know who you are" or telling me roughly where I live. They then block me. Loons. Take no notice OP

Exeter

"This place hasn't been great for my confidence at times!! Maybe some better pics might help? Xxx "

Well yeah, I'd love it if someone took some decent ones of me but most pictures *of* me are group shots so not suitable for here.

We get it all the time too so don’t take it too personally. It’s usually when the woman of a couple sees my (male) pic.

We generally think it’s ignorant when people just block. In our opinion it’s a lot nicer to say ‘Sorry but you’re not what I’m looking for’.

There is so much rejection on this site that it does dent you’re confidence. You just have to take solice in the fact that these people aren’t generally supermodels and you probably wouldn’t give them a second look in real life.

"Maybe they knew you, and wished to avoid that complication.

Maybe they just didn't fancy you.

Either way, just move on..."

Yes that

Might have been a neighbour or work colleague or ex or member of family checking it was really you

Once they had the answer .....block

You've got an excellent sense of humour. Made me chuckle with this thread.

By *urhamjayMan  over a year ago

Durham

Saying "I have no luck" will result in replies who agree and don't agree.

If you want to take a break, why not just stick to the forums and join in the threads, avoiding those which might cause annoyance e.g. "why am so God damn successful on here".

Exeter

"Might have been a neighbour or work colleague or ex or member of family checking it was really you

Once they had the answer .....block "

Enough of their face was visible in their photos for me to know it's not anybody I know.

I'm going with the 'they clicked by accident' explanation for now anyway. I think I was maybe more bent out of shape than I should have been. Considering, as Mystiquexx pointed out, my face (or some of) is on my profile anyway, I'd actually forgotten I'd set it to public again...

» Add a new message to this topic