FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Profile Review/Advice Please :)

Profile Review/Advice Please :)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey everyone, I've finally finished my profile after a few hours of tweaking it and trying to make it sound right. I seem to get an awful lot of people looking at it but no interest from it. I know its early days and didn't really expect any interest. But was wondering what you guys thought of it? I put a lot of effort into it and any advice/criticism on the text or my pictures would be very much appreciated

James x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

Edit it down by one third.

"Edit it down by one third."

Thanks, anything in particular you think could go?

By *lam rockerMan  over a year ago

Tain

I hope you don't think people will just reply to you? Make an effort, get out there, chat to people.

Don't sit back and be lazy.

"I hope you don't think people will just reply to you? Make an effort, get out there, chat to people.

Don't sit back and be lazy."

I never for a second thought or assumed that, I don't expect anyone to just reply or get in touch with me, with the vast amount of single guys on here I know you have to stand out and make a concious effort. I'm just wanting some opinions on my profile an pictures, and if people have any ideas that are better than what I've put them I'm fully open to criticism. Thanks for replying though

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

There's a lot of repetition in there, just go through it and edit the fat out.

You have face pics so that's going to help a great deal.

"There's a lot of repetition in there, just go through it and edit the fat out.

You have face pics so that's going to help a great deal. "

Thanks! that was always my problem at UNi, not being able to keep in a word limit haha, I'll have a look later on and see if I can streamline it.

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"Edit it down by one third.

Thanks, anything in particular you think could go? "

Doesnt help that you have made at least 3 comments running down single guys - not a very nice trait

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

As previously mentioned there is quite a bit of repetition and reading it not just once but twice, felt there was a negative vibe coming from it - perhaps it was just me getting that !! Put some humour into it

Also the use of spellchecker would not have gone amiss!!

But well done on some very good pics

Doesnt help that you have made at least 3 comments running down single guys - not a very nice trait"

That's simply because there are a lot of time wasters on here, that annoy the couples and singles and give genuine guys a bad name. Granted there are also bad couples and females, but I think its safe to say the fake guys outweigh the rest.

"As previously mentioned there is quite a bit of repetition and reading it not just once but twice, felt there was a negative vibe coming from it - perhaps it was just me getting that !! Put some humour into it

Also the use of spellchecker would not have gone amiss!!

But well done on some very good pics "

I know I shouldnt have used my Mac spell check! Never works, I'm gonna re-do it all later

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I (Mrs)loved your pics but, like the other comments, think you need to cut your profile down a bit, was too much to read, you might find people my lose interest half way down.

Good effort

Good luck in your search xxx

By *essesCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

Your photos are great but must admit your profile is too long and I ended up wondering if it was worth it! Too much negativity, dont drag others down to make yourself look better, just say what you can give and what you are looking for.

Good luck and have fun.

Lisa

You need to delete a couple of paragraphs, some people won't want to take the time to read so much

"I (Mrs)loved your pics but, like the other comments, think you need to cut your profile down a bit, was too much to read, you might find people my lose interest half way down.

Good effort

Good luck in your search xxx

"

We didn't get even half way! It's way too long and reads like a CV.

Right, I've tried to shorten it and take some of the negative aspects out, so can people let me know what they think

yeah i agree, its too long bless u

You still need to cut it down a bit. You don't need to go into too much detail on a profile, you will get the chance to explain things when you start chatting to someone, for example the reason you can't accommodate.

nottingham

Still a bit too long but do think you should keep in the bit about accommodating as it saves people wondering if it's because you are married.

Lisa

Right, Version 3 is up!

haha, 3rd time lucky?

nottingham

Yay, much better.

"Right, Version 3 is up!

haha, 3rd time lucky?"

Much better. A thumbs up from me

xx

good profile would interest me if i was looking

good luck

xxxx

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

Doesnt help that you have made at least 3 comments running down single guys - not a very nice trait

That's simply because there are a lot of time wasters on here, that annoy the couples and singles and give genuine guys a bad name. Granted there are also bad couples and females, but I think its safe to say the fake guys outweigh the rest. "

But theres no evidence to suggest that you are not a timewaster just your say so - just telling you that a lot of people will see that as a negative trait and may put them of

Nice pics

Good Luck x

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

You could still crop it down a bit...you don't really need to tell people that you won't bombard them with messages. Just be respectful and that'll speak a lot more than going out of your way to claim to be. You could edit all the below down to

"I'm respectful, passionate and open minded"

and not really lose anything in the message. But that's just my preference for brevity

"So you might be thinking, why should I meet this guy when there’s millions more? Well if you like the look of me that’s a good start! But also I turn up. Every time. I’m fit, and have been known to have an excellent stamina, I’m VWE (8.5), I’d like to think I’m intelligent and have a vocab of more than 6 words, I’m very open minded, I’m (VERY) passionate, and nearly most importantly…fun! After all, isn’t that what all meets should be? Well besides horny and exciting

I say nearly most importantly, as the most important thing I am is respectful. I’ll always respect peoples boundaries and never come across as pushy or desperate. I’ll not bombard you with 1000’s of messages, and random friend requests, and If you delete or don’t reply I’ll just take that as ‘thank you but not for me’."

obviously didnt like the advice

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"obviously didnt like the advice "

He took the advice - he cut it down

"obviously didnt like the advice

He took the advice - he cut it down "

I do wish people would just write their own profiles and be happy with them, instead of asking everyone what they like and ending up with a mish-mash that doesn't really represent themselves anymore. Yeah I know... yadda yadda it's been said a million times before, but at the end of the day a person is only that person....

Wolf

"obviously didnt like the advice

He took the advice - he cut it down

I do wish people would just write their own profiles and be happy with them, instead of asking everyone what they like and ending up with a mish-mash that doesn't really represent themselves anymore. Yeah I know... yadda yadda it's been said a million times before, but at the end of the day a person is only that person....

Wolf

"

but what else are they to do if they havnt had a meet within a few days

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

")

Wolf

"

bingo bingo bingo!!!!!

i am glad someone else finally said what i was thinking...

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

blimey he spent all that time writing and re-writing his profile and has now decided to leave!!

perhaps he got writers cramp?!

» Add a new message to this topic