FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > advertising for meets - wtf is going on?

advertising for meets - wtf is going on?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why do certain people (I have to say, mainly couples) advertise for meets and state that they're looking for single males at a particular meet, but then block single guys and have "not looking for single men" on their profile? I wouldn't mind if this were a one of, but it's a least half of the time! Surely it needs to be changed such that if single guys can't contact a couple, then that couple can't advertise for single guys at meets? Otherwise it makes no sense! Well, that's my rant for the day.....what do others think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sounds good to us some of the new filter ideas are badly conceived and so the fabbing pics Idea as people upload the same photo week in week out its so boring

Quite, and as all pictures are checked by admins, it'd make more sense for them to check for repeat pictures. A little extra thought and site development is all that's needed.

I know some people may complain thatsingle guys pester when they aren't looking to meet, but preferences can be changed when couples to want to meet, and also, if it comes down to it, there's a block button!

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"Why do certain people (I have to say, mainly couples) advertise for meets and state that they're looking for single males at a particular meet, but then block single guys and have "not looking for single men" on their profile? I wouldn't mind if this were a one of, but it's a least half of the time! Surely it needs to be changed such that if single guys can't contact a couple, then that couple can't advertise for single guys at meets? Otherwise it makes no sense! Well, that's my rant for the day.....what do others think?"

i think they forgot to unclick the not looking for single men button

By *herokee18Couple  over a year ago

Carlisle

Could it be they are looking for single guys at that time but have the no single guys to deter day to day attention from same.

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

If you are a friend and a single guy you can still contact them

might also be an invitation to guys they have already met and have on friends and not looking for new guys.

although admin have said they will be looking at changing what you have described - so people are made aware they advertise for something they "say" they are not looking for.

That could be a we're looking for a single guy, but not just any guy type of meet me ad, so that existing friends know they're after a meet and can message them, but anyone else is excluded...

think that might be it... I give up on the intricacies of second guessing other's intentions these days... lol

Wolf ;o)

"If you are a friend and a single guy you can still contact them"

Yes, that is the case.

If we were ever (rare, so rare we have never even done it yet lol) were to put up a 'meet today' then we would do so to attract the single guys off our friends list only. We wouldn't want a massive influx of messages from guys we don't know already ....so we'll apply the single male filter to stop this from happening

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"If you are a friend and a single guy you can still contact them

Yes, that is the case.

If we were ever (rare, so rare we have never even done it yet lol) were to put up a 'meet today' then we would do so to attract the single guys off our friends list only. We wouldn't want a massive influx of messages from guys we don't know already ....so we'll apply the single male filter to stop this from happening "

but if they are your friends and you say your looking for single guys on your status it will flag up on their home page - so no need to put it on a meet ad

Thanks for the clarifications... I still think its not needed as friend updates are on the homepage, but at least there's an explanation now

By *likeVKblindsMan  over a year ago

Limehouse

Then instead why not add the ability to status update or mass message to friends only? Then you can apply a filter that will send it only to single males or couples or single females, etc.

"If you are a friend and a single guy you can still contact them

Yes, that is the case.

If we were ever (rare, so rare we have never even done it yet lol) were to put up a 'meet today' then we would do so to attract the single guys off our friends list only. We wouldn't want a massive influx of messages from guys we don't know already ....so we'll apply the single male filter to stop this from happening

but if they are your friends and you say your looking for single guys on your status it will flag up on their home page - so no need to put it on a meet ad "

Like I've said, we've never advertised a 'meet today' .....and not everyone checks their friend updates (we didn't until recently).

....we'll make it clear, in the text that our 'meet today' will be someone we have already met if we were ever to use it

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

"That could be a we're looking for a single guy, but not just any guy type of meet me ad, so that existing friends know they're after a meet and can message them, but anyone else is excluded...

think that might be it... I give up on the intricacies of second guessing other's intentions these days... lol

Wolf ;o)

"

Surely all they need to do is contact their single men friends in that case and there's no need to put on the meet request.

couples who have " not looking for" can contact singles, so either change your pref or don't include and just contact friends list...simples!

An idea would be that when arranging a meet you can only do so with those on your pref list.

Therefor if you now wanted to include you'd have to change pref enabling all of those on your meet to contact, saving the frustration both ways as there must be couples who wonder why guys aren't contacting them?

Or is it just laziness hoping that those 'singles' for eg will contact.

Perhaps not looking for single men on the profile is a way of them not being bombarbed with friend invites messages of a load of men. The couple are the one's who are looking for a man, not the other way round in this instance.

It could also be that its mood dependant or they have never invited a single male before and are apprehensive or scared etc

use the search option that hides people who arnt looking for single guys so you stop torturing yourselves!

why do you get so stressed out about it,

i can imagine someone there stressed thinking they want me but im blocked from messaging!!!! arrrggghhhh dont they know what they have done!!

no they dont want you thats why the block is up, get over it, if the block wasnt there i dont think you would be getting a meet otherwise they wouldnt of had the block on in the first place!

if someone wants to advertise that meet and block single men then its upto them, ever think they might be contacting and choosing their own people directly???

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Ok, practical example here... we normally meet off our friends list for threesomes, but were thinking about something a bit different, maybe a tv, and only can meet this friday.

So we removed the single guy block at 11 last night.

We have had 22 messages overnight, i have been trying to reply to the decent ones for half an hour.

can the op understand now why we dont normally do this

"Then instead why not add the ability to status update or mass message to friends only? Then you can apply a filter that will send it only to single males or couples or single females, etc."

Not everyone want to receive mail spam from friends list every time they want a meet.

"use the search option that hides people who arnt looking for single guys so you stop torturing yourselves!

why do you get so stressed out about it,

i can imagine someone there stressed thinking they want me but im blocked from messaging!!!! arrrggghhhh dont they know what they have done!!

no they dont want you thats why the block is up, get over it, if the block wasnt there i dont think you would be getting a meet otherwise they wouldnt of had the block on in the first place!

if someone wants to advertise that meet and block single men then its upto them, ever think they might be contacting and choosing their own people directly???"

Quite ironic how the guys that do well for themselves (like this last poster), knows how it works and never complain, and the guys that get no where, moan all the time..

I'm pretty sure theyre not blocking all single men, perhaps they have an age filter and anyone outside that parameter is blocked from messaging.

Swingers are a paranoid bunch and with the most delicate of egos...I should know lol.

Ax

» Add a new message to this topic