FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > What's the benefit...

What's the benefit...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Of kik vs on here? A lot of people have asked for mine and I've not got it/used it before

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Quicker and easier to chat, can be offline here so not get as many messages piling up. Video chat.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Kik is an instant messenger where you can video call with others, as well as you get photos that they have just taken using Kik camera. Also, you can see if the person have read your message.

You don't need a phone number to set up the account, just email address. It means, though, that you either have to be on wi-fi to use it, or use your data allowance.

Everyone’s different! but I purposely haven’t got Kik (I) couldn’t put up with ppl messaging me every 2 minutes (2) I don’t wish to share any more pics with anyone (3) I wouldn’t want to cam with anyone either I think just by using this site you do have control of a when u do want to interact with others just my thoughts x

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks ladies x

By *k_intriguedCouple  over a year ago

Warwickshire

We have kik. The idea is good in theory, but in my experience people just expect you to swap pics, even if you make it clear you don't have any more to swap, and don't like to cam!

By *ogNMuseCouple  over a year ago

Surrey

We find it useful for chatting to other couples, everyone can be part of the group chat as individuals, rather than a joint conversation on here

Manchester (she/her)

I give my Kik out extremely sparingly and don't tolerate wank chat/ pic swap. It works well for me.

By *sLillyMrWolfeCouple  over a year ago

near you...

We don't like to give our numbers out so prefer kik because of that.

"Of kik vs on here? A lot of people have asked for mine and I've not got it/used it before "
kik is immediate and kik you can cam to cam and send videos

By *inkySeeKinkyDoWoman  over a year ago

'tween PontyCarlo & CasVegas in West Yorks

"Of kik vs on here? A lot of people have asked for mine and I've not got it/used it before "

You can log out of fab and use it when you want to. I find kik way too intrusive as you can be contacted at any hour with anything, unsolicited dick pics being the main thing.

Generally i have found those who insist on moving to an external contact method are just wanting sex chat all day long and exchange pics but in their free time, not necessarily in yours.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I once made the mistake of setting up kik and used my profile name, stupid, stupid mistake!

I was getting messages at all time of the day and night, I am not on duty 24/7 so now I just stay on here, it makes my life much easier

By *attooedBBWWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

I use it for those I’m meeting up with as I tend to approach meets as a potential regular thing for the most part. And also easier for arranging parties

Don’t use my same name though as that’s lethal!

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

You can mute messages on kik and you can turn off notifications so they don’t disturb you - unless you go into the app, you wouldn’t know they were there.

It’s easier for group chats, and it’s more instant - like what’s app without sharing your phone number.

No one expects me to swap pics. If anyone asks then I block them.

I like kik because it's better then WhatsApp. It's more private. You don't need to swap numbers, just a username of your choosing.

Kik is instant messaging like texting but with better free extras. I always swap kik details and not my number to those I wish to meet from here. Anyone can find where you live, your Facebook and all sorts by having your number.

I've had kik for longer then I've been on fab. It's great and I've had no issues with it. I definitely recommend.

"You can mute messages on kik and you can turn off notifications so they don’t disturb you - unless you go into the app, you wouldn’t know they were there.

It’s easier for group chats, and it’s more instant - like what’s app without sharing your phone number."

Yes definitely one of the best features is being able to mute anyone on your kik list. Can be for an hour or forever. Also I think it's great to kind of block newbies from contacting you. Their messages will be delivered to your kik but bypassed to a private part for you to check them out at Any time. Saves your kik going off with all kinds of notifications if you give your kik to a few folk at the same time. Such as advertise your kik name on your fab profile.

It's a mobile chat service, if you already use it, it's easier to add you amongst other people you're chatting with.

Also you can send/receive media, include emojis, group chats, all the regular features of a chat app. Fab is the sort of website i'd expect to see on early 2000s internet, guess our donations aint paying for website improvements

By *illen5Man  over a year ago

Bath

Some love kik, some loathe it due to scammers and timewasters.

Think of it as anonymous whatsapp.

You can always see how long they've had their account. If its a few days or even weeks, avoid

By *ng1983Couple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon tyne

We use it so we can have a group convo and people know who has said what. People on here tend to assume it's the female part of the couple they are speaking to.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

If you decide to use it, don’t link it in any way with your Fab name and only invite the people you want to chat to.

I don get random cock pics or random messages and I love using it.

By *igJandTheBlondeCouple  over a year ago

Kings Hill

Yeah we agree, stupidly I made our KIK name the same as our username on here and we were getting random messages all the time. I’ve deleted KIK now but if we had it again the user name would in no way be linked to this profile name x

Manchester (she/her)

"Yeah we agree, stupidly I made our KIK name the same as our username on here and we were getting random messages all the time. I’ve deleted KIK now but if we had it again the user name would in no way be linked to this profile name x"

I did the same and had the same problem. I changed my username.

We use kik for group chats so everyone is involved find it’s a good way

The app is just great but should you be discussing it one wonders

[Removed by poster at 27/03/19 12:40:50]

By *oney to the beeWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

Far quicker but always best to be cautious on it as you cxan't report people like you can on here.

By *ndrew CareyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

I'm not a fan and if I'm not mistaken, it can link to your social media profile as well (happy to be corrected).

Happy to chat here and make arrangements here. If things do not work out, then I can manage things through here.

So no KIK for me

We prefer kik because:

- easier to chat than here and more flexible, like WhatsApp is compared to text messages.

- no phone number needed, so you still keep your discreetness intact.

- you can mute the notifications so you look when you want and not be disturbed.

- you can do hilarious gifs

It's just a lot easier

By *iyuWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I much prefer it as I don't have to give out my phone number.

London

"Far quicker but always best to be cautious on it as you cxan't report people like you can on here."

Report them for what? Just delete the contact if you don’t want them.

London

"Of kik vs on here? A lot of people have asked for mine and I've not got it/used it before

I'm not a fan and if I'm not mistaken, it can link to your social media profile as well (happy to be corrected).

Happy to chat here and make arrangements here. If things do not work out, then I can manage things through here.

So no KIK for me"

It doesn’t link your social media, WhatsApp does that.

"Far quicker but always best to be cautious on it as you cxan't report people like you can on here."

You can report people on kik. Just go onto their profile page. Or the option comes up when you press and hold onto their profile pic.

"Of kik vs on here? A lot of people have asked for mine and I've not got it/used it before

So no KIK for me"

Definitely doesn't link to your Facebook nor anything else except your phone contact list. Even then you have to click the option to allow that.

I've had kik for years and never issues like that or anything else.

Its better than here try it you can always delete if you don't like it.

I use kik as a tool. I have notifications turned off so I only know if I have messages whenever I access the app.

As I tend not to favour sex talk of video chats, it works perfectly for my needs.

My kik name is nothing like my username, not that I'm inundated anyway...

As long as you aren't a slave to it, its a useful thing!

Kik is better for chat and the live pics function proves who you are talking to is real, video chat can be fun and good before meeting someone.

By *inkysexpotMan  over a year ago

leeds

I have kik and I use it for chatting to friends, I'd me selective with who I give my user name to too. It does come in useful as you can't always be on fab to be sending messages and kik is a bit easier when tour having a conversation

Bath

So no KIK for me

It doesn’t link your social media, WhatsApp does that. "

Anonymous email address and anonymous name is all you need. Hence some of the problems you'd expect with anonymity.

Whatsapp owned by facebook so if you have you're telephone number listed on FB, your new WA buddy will have access to your FB page and friends (subject to your security settings).

Basically, dont give out your phone number

By *isa2018Couple  over a year ago

East Northamptonshire

Apart from the fact you don't need to provide a phone number and get instant messagng, the big advantage for us is that we can set up a chat group so that we can both chat to another person. S doesn't use Fab, just goes through messages and profiles with me before we respond. Once we find someone we want to talk to and meet then it allows her to also chat directly with them but we can both see what either of us is saying.

Bath

You can log out of fab and use it when you want to. I find kik way too intrusive as you can be contacted at any hour with anything, unsolicited dick pics being the main thing.

Generally i have found those who insist on moving to an external contact method are just wanting sex chat all day long and exchange pics but in their free time, not necessarily in yours."

Well like any form of cimmunication you have to be selective whom you give your kik name to. If you get dick pics and requsts for similar your initial assessment of them was wrong. Just don't open their messages once you realise.

Easy to block them if they become a pest. Also you can turn off the notifications on your phone and dip in to do some admin when you please.

Bath

"Yeah we agree, stupidly I made our KIK name the same as our username on here and we were getting random messages all the time. I’ve deleted KIK now but if we had it again the user name would in no way be linked to this profile name x"

That's strange. My name is the same on kik. Has been for 5 years. Never had any inappropriate fab messaging...

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Back in Gatwick!

"Everyone’s different! but I purposely haven’t got Kik (I) couldn’t put up with ppl messaging me every 2 minutes (2) I don’t wish to share any more pics with anyone (3) I wouldn’t want to cam with anyone either I think just by using this site you do have control of a when u do want to interact with others just my thoughts x"

Exactly this.

I don’t want to be bombarded with messages while I am going on about my daily life.

Actually, when someone does get my kik username it is an interest killer as they insist on wanting to chat over there but my main focus is here. So their chances of getting a reply are much better here.

People who I like, trust and I have met before get my number for Whatsapp.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't have kik and don't really want it. My experience with apps is that guys especially expect to get more and more pics - and app use can be attractive to those who just want wank fodder.

I'm not particularly fast with my mail responses here and the expectations on apps is for a near-instantaneous response, whatever you are doing, whatever time of day or night. If you are comfortable with having peole expecting you to respond quickly, perhaps making comments when you are not, then it may be for you. Using an app also means that you are out of the confines of Fab. If a user is banned from the site, you would not know, once you are connected via an app. Other users may feedback to Fab information that leads them to being ousted from the site - so keeping your contact via Fab, for as long as possible, helps you to be subject to the site's controls as well as the benefits of others' feedback. If someone is banned, it's more effective feedback than any veri.

Bath

Kik is the alternative to whatsapp, not fab.

It all depends if you like potential for instant chat.

As with any comms, you need to choose your contacts carefully.

If they abuse the medium it just means you chose poorly.

Kik users aren't necessarily pic hunters or constant callers.

Like every tool, its the user who's to blame

It's end to end encrypted.

Quicker, easier, and not restricted o messages

We only use Kik to send face pics, only in order to avoid the fab stamp on the pics.

Kick is more secure its encrypted end to end and more privacy for the individual so most people choose it.

So no KIK for me

It doesn’t link your social media, WhatsApp does that.

Anonymous email address and anonymous name is all you need. Hence some of the problems you'd expect with anonymity.

Whatsapp owned by facebook so if you have you're telephone number listed on FB, your new WA buddy will have access to your FB page and friends (subject to your security settings).

Basically, dont give out your phone number

"

This day and age people don’t have a burner phone for faffing about with.

Everything everyone has said and if you arrange a club meet, it’s much quicker checking your Kik if they’ve messaged than getting on fab. We definitely love that all four members of a couple can speak together in a group instead of jointly here. Only down side we’ve found is once you send a pic, you can’t delete it or messages from their end, so you have to still be careful if you want to keep your fabbing privacy what you send. Where as here you can delete a face pic once they’ve seen you

I have it and have used it in the past but don't bother now... I'm just here for chit chats, can be done on fab no need for me to communicate anywhere else

By *arbellsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

So no KIK for me"

Its asks you if you wish to connect to your contacts and friends when you sign up so all you have to do is decline

By *litstimulousMan  over a year ago

Swindon

It's easier to txt chat than this platform, also a good way to amalgamate many in the one group.

Cam and photos are handy if you are after a quick meet and haven't got time for a social.

By *herrySnickersWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

"Kik is the alternative to whatsapp, not fab.

It all depends if you like potential for instant chat.

As with any comms, you need to choose your contacts carefully.

If they abuse the medium it just means you chose poorly.

Kik users aren't necessarily pic hunters or constant callers.

Like every tool, its the user who's to blame"

Agreed. I would rather message on fab and if I’m interested to take it further then kik makes it easy to chat and share pics etc. I don’t move to kik easily... a group chat can be fun also. I like what’sapp for my favourite peeps I have already met and trust.

If people are messaging every 2 minutes just mute the notifications that’s what we do

Telegram is the other option. It works like whatssapp but with much higher security. You can put a time limit on how long a picture lasts for etc. Only thing is a lot of people are not aware of it

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

I find men think they can get hold of me easier on kik

Much to their disappointment I have all my notifications turned off so it dosent matter whether I'm contacted here,Twitter or kik,it's all the same I only know if I look/log on

I like peace and quiet

Bath

"Telegram is the other option. It works like whatssapp but with much higher security. You can put a time limit on how long a picture lasts for etc. Only thing is a lot of people are not aware of it"

I thought that that was a man in a uniform delivering a short note?

I have Kik and it's on my profile. This website is terrible and not user friendly. Can't be arsed to login and check messages.

If I can annoyed, I just block/ignore/mute.

Much prefer messaging on Kik.

I use kik for meets. To confirm etc

"Telegram is the other option. It works like whatssapp but with much higher security. You can put a time limit on how long a picture lasts for etc. Only thing is a lot of people are not aware of it

I thought that that was a man in a uniform delivering a short note?"

so did I until last week lol

By *illing to please46Man  over a year ago

Nottingham

No Kik for me to many scammers on it looking to get your pics then bribe you with them

» Add a new message to this topic