FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Dodgy hotel.

Dodgy hotel.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adylydford OP   Woman  over a year ago

altinkum

Hi all after some advice please. So a guy i was talking to recently wants to meet me. But he shares a place and i cant accommodate. I said i would feel more comfortable meeting in a hotel . Ie on neutral safe ground.

Can i just point out first that he has implied and said he co owns a restaurant and in his own words will get me anything i want.. suggesting he has money etc.

I say i would feel safer in a hotel meeting you for the first time. Just let me know which hotel and what name it is booked under.

This morning, proud as punch he tells me the hotel... its a 25 quid room in someones house with a shared bathroom which is actually located in the area of plymouth which is where the homeless and prostitutes work from. The reviews say the house is dirty and full of owners things etc with no privicy.

I do not feel comfortable at this place. Walking there alone i wouldnt do anyway let alone stay. Am i being a bitch or diva saying i wont go there? I feel bad as i dont think he can get his 25 quid back. But i dont feel comfortable at all with that set up. Its not the cost at all. Its the area and hygene issues.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i would say trust your gut, but if your feeling uncomfortable i dont think you should go for your own safety.

By *andy6677Man  over a year ago

crewe

"Hi all after some advice please. So a guy i was talking to recently wants to meet me. But he shares a place and i cant accommodate. I said i would feel more comfortable meeting in a hotel . Ie on neutral safe ground.

Can i just point out first that he has implied and said he co owns a restaurant and in his own words will get me anything i want.. suggesting he has money etc.

I say i would feel safer in a hotel meeting you for the first time. Just let me know which hotel and what name it is booked under.

This morning, proud as punch he tells me the hotel... its a 25 quid room in someones house with a shared bathroom which is actually located in the area of plymouth which is where the homeless and prostitutes work from. The reviews say the house is dirty and full of owners things etc with no privicy.

I do not feel comfortable at this place. Walking there alone i wouldnt do anyway let alone stay. Am i being a bitch or diva saying i wont go there? I feel bad as i dont think he can get his 25 quid back. But i dont feel comfortable at all with that set up. Its not the cost at all. Its the area and hygene issues. "

Nope not being a bitch or diva sounds really bad and considering he has money hes not respecting you at all but treating you like a prostitute and not the lovely woman you are. When ive met others in past its always been a bigger chain hotels because as you say safety and comfort is everything these days. Id leave well alone hun he sounds very weird.

By *ellytransvTV/TS  over a year ago

Leicester City Centre

You are not being a bitch or diva. Don't feel bad and just move on to other people. He is obviously not the right guy for you if that is what he calls a hotel.

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

A travelodge or premier inn is hardy the ritz but are safe, private and have the own showers and toilet facilities.

If he can’t stretch to that I would be cautious

plus you can get a travel lodge room for like 40 - 80 quid anyway

altinkum

"plus you can get a travel lodge room for like 40 - 80 quid anyway "

A travelodge would have been fine. Im not a princess asking for the ritz! Just a lockable door and a bathroom is good!

It was city cottage in plymouth if anyone wants to take a look to check im not going crazy. I think it even says in reply to a review that she is sub letting the room and had no control over it...

[Removed by poster at 28/03/19 12:24:41]

"Hi all after some advice please. So a guy i was talking to recently wants to meet me. But he shares a place and i cant accommodate. I said i would feel more comfortable meeting in a hotel . Ie on neutral safe ground.

I do not feel comfortable at this place. Walking there alone i wouldnt do anyway let alone stay. Am i being a bitch or diva saying i wont go there? I feel bad as i dont think he can get his 25 quid back. But i dont feel comfortable at all with that set up. Its not the cost at all. Its the area and hygene issues. "

just send him a message with subject box filled in ' tightarse ' then put really want to meet you still but Googled venue and it doesn't look great am still willing to meet will share cost of new venue

Tell him to naff off! What a cheap skate he is. If he can’t even pay for a travelodge he must be dodgy ??

By *andy6677Man  over a year ago

crewe

"plus you can get a travel lodge room for like 40 - 80 quid anyway

A travelodge would have been fine. Im not a princess asking for the ritz! Just a lockable door and a bathroom is good!

It was city cottage in plymouth if anyone wants to take a look to check im not going crazy. I think it even says in reply to a review that she is sub letting the room and had no control over it... "

Yeah exactly he should be putting your safety and comfort first after all. Just seen it myself god awful place id be afraid of catching something hun. Best left alone really and him too. Plenty of better more decent men around.

By *rivingmanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

Don't even think about going

altinkum

"Don't even think about going"

Im not going to go, it sounds awful. I just didnt know if i was being unreasonable and should feel bad.

come meet me instead

By *winkleFairyCouple  over a year ago

Scotland

Nothing would convince me to meet someone at a hotel like that.

When you talk about booking a hotel in my mind it’s for somewhere like a Village Hotel, Ibis, Premier Inn as a minimum. You can get great deals on day rooms with them. I booked one the other week for £30!

Trust your gut. Better to be safe than sorry!

If you don't feel comfortable or safe then don't do it.

By *ittleKinksCouple  over a year ago

Reading

Say you will go Half's on a proper hotel chain room. And you will also cover half the cost of the room if he can't get that £25 back

By *electableDalliancesCouple  over a year ago

leeds

Oh hell no, definitely wouldn’t go.

I’d pay for a hotel myself, just explain you like privacy and running down the hall in a state of undress if you need to pee is just not your thing.

"Say you will go Half's on a proper hotel chain room. And you will also cover half the cost of the room if he can't get that £25 back "
yes I said this ,it's nice to get validation don't you think

By *ascade35Man  over a year ago

Alnwick

Just really echoing what everyone has said.....trust your gut instinct and go with it.

Very often if something seems too good to be true.....it is x

I would say he sounds as dodgy as the room does. I would avoid it.

No way i would go there

I shudder at the thought of single women meeting strangers in dodgy hotels. Just join a sexclub it is safer. I have done meets with men at their homes and had instance regrets, but i can handle myself and wont be intimidated.

Stay safe girl

If he is implying he has cash but has then booked the cheapest hotel room he can find I wouldn't meet him. He either has cash but thinks you aren't worth spending it on or is lying about having cash. Either way that'd see me looking for someone else to meet

Did he search for the cheapest room available in your area??? It sure sounds like it... As others have said, you can easily get a room in a proper, clean and safe hotel chain for not much more than £25.

You are definitely not exaggerating or being a diva. He is not treating you with respect you deserve, so just leave him be and move on. I'm sure you won't have problems finding a decent enough guy.

[Removed by poster at 28/03/19 18:59:06]

Just one line option to choose, which one will you prefer safe or sorry rather Sad?

"If he is implying he has cash but has then booked the cheapest hotel room he can find I wouldn't meet him. He either has cash but thinks you aren't worth spending it on or is lying about having cash. Either way that'd see me looking for someone else to meet "

Exactly that. Either way he doesn't sound decent. Bin him.

Suggest to him to go on a day use hotel site. There are many.

I've booked national chain hotels for as little as 30 quid... And they're a lot safer than the one he's suggesting.

By *ert n BerylCouple  over a year ago

middlesbrough

You can’t beat female intuition babes. Your safety if paramount xx

By *uv2playsoonCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Always go with your gut instinct, we only play as a couple and wouldn't consider a cheap hotel for a meet. So the thought of you going on your own must be even worse!

Are there any clubs near you?

Maybe a coffee or drink followed by a club if your comfortable?

Have fun and stay safe!

How many reviews does he have?

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

Jeeees I’ve heard it all ,,, but cmon it’s a doss house and in all honesty you would be mad to go near this cheapskate chancer with a barge pole ,,,,go with your instincts this has nothing to do with you being a Diva ! This is about your own health and welfare

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Just looked ~ I wouldn't go there either. Looks manky.

It was £26 actually and I can’t believe you are telling the world our problems! I thought u loved me

We would say dont go...if your not happy why go ? You wont relax and enjoy it...its not a hotel if it's in house really it's more b and b or bed sit..

A quick web search has returned two rooms in reasonable hotels in Plymouth for £45, so it is not as if cost is the issue in finding a hotel room.

Please don't I witnessed something horrible last night which I'll explain in pm to the lady that put the post . Trust your gut and stay well away

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

Dont go.

But I am curious as to why you just let him organise it rather than doing it together. I would have suggested somewhere that suited me even if he’d booked and paid for it.

V x

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

So you expect him to pay coz he says he has money and then moan about his choice ? And then ask on here for advice because you feel it’s not safe to see what others think?

Yet you’ve never met him before and don’t know him only what he’s said to you. But you would still be willing to meet with him if he had paid for a more expensive hotel.

Sounds to me you said yes to him hoping for a night in a nice hotel with drinks and it’s come back and bit you on the ass. As all he wants is the sex and cheap thrills.

(Basing the above on the ops status of wanting a sugar daddy).

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

[Removed by poster at 28/03/19 20:16:04]

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

"Don't even think about going

Im not going to go, it sounds awful. I just didnt know if i was being unreasonable and should feel bad. "

don't go sounds unsafe

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

I would pay 100 pound hotel to meet u

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Tell him to naff off! What a cheap skate he is. If he can’t even pay for a travelodge he must be dodgy ??"

Definitely agree

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Learnt a long time ago, if I go to someone's house, once or many times. I don't wear necklaces, stockings or scarves. I'll turn up in sensible heels that I can run in if needed. Make an excuse like I'm letting a friend know I've arrived and estimated time I'm there, make him go into the house, I follow, thereby mitigating him being able to double lock the front door. Spare clothes in the car, just in case.

If you're not gonna feel comfortable, don't go.

No need to tell everyone what a skinflint you think he is

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

Just had a look at the place and it's a "HELL-TO-THE-NO" from both of us.

But at the same time, I'm not sure what you expected without contributing to the cost or making sure you are involved in the booking process...

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"Don't even think about going

Im not going to go, it sounds awful. I just didnt know if i was being unreasonable and should feel bad. "

No...best not to go

No, no, no, no, no and no!!

By *alentino7Man  over a year ago

Wembley

"Dont go.

But I am curious as to why you just let him organise it rather than doing it together. I would have suggested somewhere that suited me even if he’d booked and paid for it.

V x "

This!

And no chance, choosing that dump would probably spoil the whole meeting plan if it was me.

Forget the £25 if it dont feel right ( and I can see why it wouldn't) dont put yourself at risk

He certainly doesn't sound like the sugar daddy you seek

You're not being a bitch at all, that's common sense. Seems like a cheap ass

altinkum

"He certainly doesn't sound like the sugar daddy you seek "

Lol im not actually looking for one, was just a humorous obsevation for 2 convesations i was having at opposite ends of the spectrum!

altinkum

"If you're not gonna feel comfortable, don't go.

No need to tell everyone what a skinflint you think he is"

It was not about the money at all. I have frequently stayed in travelodges for the same price. Its the cleanliness and hygiene and where its situated i had issue with. As a girl walking there by myself through the area of town that the homeless, druggies and prostatutes hang out in didnt make me feel safe. I was not calling him a skinflint.

OP .. Your being led down a dirty alley just to get someones c**k wet. Pick your guys better next time. Dont do it. Nada

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

It was not about the money at all. I have frequently stayed in travelodges for the same price. Its the cleanliness and hygiene and where its situated i had issue with. As a girl walking there by myself through the area of town that the homeless, druggies and prostatutes hang out in didnt make me feel safe. I was not calling him a skinflint."

Always go with your gut.

By *uzukiNo1Woman  over a year ago

Rhyl

Oooooo no no no and again no!!! Sounds all to dodgy to me...he,s implied he co owns a restaurant and picks a dive like that...a woman's instinct is never wrong ...don't go!

It's ok to have standards, and it's ok to want something nicer and safe!

We are told often enough that as women on this site we play all the cards!

So, you let them know what your basic requirements are for a hotel and if they don't like it tough!

They also have an option to move on. I'm not saying guys should pay all costs by the way, I would always insist on paying half.

That way no body owes anyone anything.

You have respect for yourself hunny and don't settle for anything less xxx

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Stevie wonder could see this con artist coming from a mile away, co owning a restaurant but wants to meet you in a room in a shared house for £25.

I'm staying in the jury's inn Plymouth next week for £51 so a nice hotel doesn't have to be expensive.

Turn around and run as fast as your legs will carry you

By *loudF7Man  over a year ago

South East

Trust your guy, it sounds very iffy from the off, be careful and it may be worth leaving this potential meet alone

It was not about the money at all. I have frequently stayed in travelodges for the same price. Its the cleanliness and hygiene and where its situated i had issue with. As a girl walking there by myself through the area of town that the homeless, druggies and prostatutes hang out in didnt make me feel safe. I was not calling him a skinflint."

Why mention the cost then?

By *ig Chris75Man  over a year ago

Sandbach

Your gut instinct is normally right...

Travelodges aren't that expensive... and they're safe.

Be careful..!

"Your gut instinct is normally right...

Be careful..! "

I found the bestest travelodge a few weeks ago

And I know a really nice premier Inn ...

Solihull

Be careful..! "

Travelodges by themselves aren't safe it's the person you go there with that make any hotel safe and this guy sounds a wrong un whether it's a posh hotel or a dodgy room.

Rhyl

Be careful..!

And I know a really nice premier Inn ... "

Hardly rocket science is it.....Google!

I would go with your gut about that if however you really do want to me him up with him do a social at pub of your choice but if I was you I would leave well alone

Be careful..!

Hardly rocket science is it.....Google! "

Google does not know everything ....

Rhyl

Be careful..!

Google does not know everything .... "

Iv just asked Google and Google said errrrrrrr yehhh I do ..

By *oolsGoldxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Do not go anywhere near it.

Know your worth.

Sounds like an air BnB maybe. Probably wouldn't though, could end up like a scene from Hostel

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

You're doing the right thing not going,always go with your instinct and you won't go far wrong.

Miss

Be careful..!

Iv just asked Google and Google said errrrrrrr yehhh I do .. "

oh no you don't

He sounds awful. We would not meet him let alone in a place like that

"He sounds awful. We would not meet him let alone in a place like that"
don't be so literal ,I'm sure if she explained her reasons and offered to chip in it wouldn't be a problem, two sides to every story

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

We wouldn't even consider taking a single lady to a place like that. To be honest and though it maybe judgemental it says a lot about him that he would...

Rhyl

Be careful..!

Iv just asked Google and Google said errrrrrrr yehhh I do .. oh no you don't "

Be silent

Be careful..!

Iv just asked Google and Google said errrrrrrr yehhh I do .. oh no you don't

Be silent "

oh no I won't

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

I can’t believe you are even considering meeting this person. Block and move on. Sounds awful

By *eriousGuyABCMan  over a year ago

( WEST OF ) Chippenham ish

It was city cottage in plymouth if anyone wants to take a look to check im not going crazy. I think it even says in reply to a review that she is sub letting the room and had no control over it... "

Just had a look, don't even go there ! No way would I expect anyone to feel safe or cherished entertaining in a place like that, looks like the set of "rising damp" where's Rigsby ?

It was city cottage in plymouth if anyone wants to take a look to check im not going crazy. I think it even says in reply to a review that she is sub letting the room and had no control over it...

Just had a look, don't even go there ! No way would I expect anyone to feel safe or cherished entertaining in a place like that, looks like the set of "rising damp" where's Rigsby ? "

dead RIP

No chance you’re worth more than that hun!! X

I'd actually ask him to meet me in a more public place - coffee shop!

To see if he's the actual person you are expecting! Go half's to a decent hotel room after that initial meet... Personally, I'd block him after that down-right insulting manky offer!

Take care of yourself hun...

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

If you think it's wrong. Do NOT meet.

Firstly, not conferring with you re room? Every time I have a hotel meet we agree on a room/budget together. I always pay half.

If he just booked it without checking that's at best a wee bit inconsiderate at worst, intentional.

If you think he'll feel bad about laying out cash then what I want you to do is reverse positions and imagine you were him.

I had booked a hotel once and the meet cancelled on me at last minute. He'd had a wee case of cold feet.

I asked if he would still pay his half and he ghosted

I went to the hotel and enjoyed a lovely meal, a swim and a massage and then watched MCU the rest of the night. I got peace in nice surroundings. I wasn't bothered.

Follow your instincts, trust them.

He might charge you lol.

Don’t go! You need to be comfortable and definitely deserve better then that sounds.

Could you not offer to go half’s and get somewhere better? I personally always have half if FB and I get a room.

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I do not feel comfortable at this place. Walking there alone i wouldnt do anyway let alone stay. Am i being a bitch or diva saying i wont go there? I feel bad as i dont think he can get his 25 quid back. But i dont feel comfortable at all with that set up. Its not the cost at all. Its the area and hygene issues.

Nope not being a bitch or diva sounds really bad and considering he has money hes not respecting you at all but

treating you like a prostitute and not the lovely woman you are.

When ive met others in past its always been a bigger chain hotels because as you say safety and comfort is everything these days. Id leave well alone hun he sounds very weird. "

Is it just me or do others think that phrase is pretty fucking unpleasant?

(Sorry if this is a tangent but I kinda felt it was important to point out that being a sex worker doesn't make you less valuable as a human being. Doesn't mean you deserve no respect or bad treatment)

He sounds as dodgy as the room he's booked. If you just want to feel a bit better about it, send him £12.50 for your half

By *ohnny4playMan  over a year ago

Kinross

Don't you wish all potential meets were as thoughtful and considerate as the OP ...

Why choose a forum to discuss this. The moment it was suggested it should have been 'see you later aligator' ... let him snap his teeth on his tod

By *eriousGuyABCMan  over a year ago

( WEST OF ) Chippenham ish

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a sex worker, it's someone using what assets they have to earn a living. I do what I do with my body for a job, just happens to be a mix of manual labour and in an office

By *obin_and_marionMan  over a year ago

Beaconsfield

No way go....

Perhaps a lesson is to discuss the venue before a booking is made.

"No way go....

Perhaps a lesson is to discuss the venue before a booking is made."

This

And a social meet

If it feels wrong...it's is wrong! I know that area, and I agree. Avoid!

By *s_from_71Couple  over a year ago

Coventry

Trust your instincts, if someone thinks that hotel is the right place to invite someone for mutual adult fun. And you don't agree with that, then decline and move on. There's plenty more fish in the Fab sea.

M & J

By *ticky 69Man  over a year ago

Stirling

Trust your instincts - if you're uneasy then you're not going to enjoy the meet at the very least, and it could end up much worse than simply feeling uncomfortable. And don't feel bad about saying you won't meet him there, that's your prerogative. His reaction when you decline might be revealing. Stay safe.

By *haun666Man  over a year ago

S west

Tell to go and whistle

By *nglishdoodMan  over a year ago

Morristown

He's disrespecting you. Move on.

Some of think it's important to make a good impression...clean sheets and a bathroom would seem to be the least we can do.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I wouldn't go, without meeting him first and I'd also suggest a proper hotel, even if it's a budget chain, like Accord, Travelodge etc

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

You deserve better. Just move on.

By *rtraymondo76Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Follow your instincts. Sounds like a ten foot barge pole job to me.

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

I would meet in a public place first and if that goes well then consider booking a hotel. You can then Google one and decide together.

Whether it's a scummy hotel or a posh hotel, you still need to think about your safety meeting a stranger alone.

By *illyS1Woman  over a year ago

London

"If he is implying he has cash but has then booked the cheapest hotel room he can find I wouldn't meet him. He either has cash but thinks you aren't worth spending it on or is lying about having cash. Either way that'd see me looking for someone else to meet "

Absolutely this. I wouldn't go, you aren't being a diva, your safety is important!!

Sounds seedy and dodgy to me- don't go.

"If he is implying he has cash but has then booked the cheapest hotel room he can find I wouldn't meet him. He either has cash but thinks you aren't worth spending it on or is lying about having cash. Either way that'd see me looking for someone else to meet

Absolutely this. I wouldn't go, you aren't being a diva, your safety is important!!"

Here, here.

By *ibblingnewtWoman  over a year ago

by the sea

Being a half owner of a restaurant doesn’t mean anything really loads of restaurants are struggling anyway his finances have nothing to do with meeting for sex, he might not have much money but if you don’t feel like you would be comfortable offer to give him the money he has spent on it, I think that’s only fair tbh

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

The fact you have come to a forum to ask should have already provided the answer, definitely no. Gut feelings are rarely wrong and you have to feel 100% safe.

If I do hotels I generally chat to the person and choose together although I always offer to contribute too.

By *heeseandWineCouple  over a year ago

Reading and Southampton

"Tell him to naff off! What a cheap skate he is. If he can’t even pay for a travelodge he must be dodgy ??"

Do you still like him or has he deleted his profile and closed the restaurant as a result of this thread ?

Solihull

When you say he shares a place does he mean with his wife or partner ?

"Do you still like him or has he deleted his profile and closed the restaurant as a result of this thread ? "

Talk about drastic measures

"Do you still like him or has he deleted his profile and closed the restaurant as a result of this thread ?

Talk about drastic measures "

well restaurants come under stringent hygiene laws if that hotels standard is anything to go by then his standards aren't good cmon am I right or am I right

"Do you still like him or has he deleted his profile and closed the restaurant as a result of this thread ?

Talk about drastic measures well restaurants come under stringent hygiene laws if that hotels standard is anything to go by then his standards aren't good cmon am I right or am I right "

Absolutely

Definitely not purely on the lack of privacy issue alone. Never mind the dirt, area & gut instinct.

Plus, he's tight wad

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

For the love of God OP, don't go. It ringing massive alarm bells. Plenty of decent places in Plymouth. Msg me if you need a chat x

"For the love of God OP, don't go. It ringing massive alarm bells. Plenty of decent places in Plymouth. Msg me if you need a chat x"
omg you're like mother fab

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

[Removed by poster at 31/03/19 16:07:54]

"For the love of God OP, don't go. It ringing massive alarm bells. Plenty of decent places in Plymouth. Msg me if you need a chat xomg you're like mother fab

Apoarantly so, I help lots of people lol. "

I want to help lots

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"For the love of God OP, don't go. It ringing massive alarm bells. Plenty of decent places in Plymouth. Msg me if you need a chat xomg you're like mother fab "

Apparantly so, I help lots of people lol.

"For the love of God OP, don't go. It ringing massive alarm bells. Plenty of decent places in Plymouth. Msg me if you need a chat xomg you're like mother fab

"

lol so good you said it twice

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

lol so good you said it twice"

Spellcheck went a bit nuts lol

Trust your gut

Amd don’t believe what people tell you online x

By *eard-lincolnMan  over a year ago

market rasen

The guy may not have read the reviews . It has a score of 6.5 so not overly bad on face value. And yes if you read the reviews it would put anyone off. However I feel this should have been dealt with between you both. All you’ve done is made the said person come across badly with all the white knights calling him tight and that you could do better . Yet we will never know his side off the story. The guy was obviously good enough for her when she thought he was well off .

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

Be honest and tell him about it. I'm sure he is waiting for your feedback or worse, wait for you and you don't turn up.

» Add a new message to this topic