FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > HSV2 (herpes)

HSV2 (herpes)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hello everybody.

I’m just going to put it out there because I’m struggling to find friends or anyone to talk to.

And I’m guessing it’s because of the H bomb on my profile.

It’s not what people think it is. I’ve had it for 17 years now and I never suffer.

And I’ve had a normal sex life with most of my partners without any complications.

And I’m a good looking healthy guy or so I think.

So I just wanted to put this here and say if there’s anyone it don’t bother. Or even if you want educating on it. But mostly if anyone fancies making a new friend come and say hi.

I’d love to hear from some of you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Also there much be some people in the same boat out there. Get in touch

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Admire your honesty. That sucks. I can't think of much more to say apart from chin up and keep smiling.

Maybe add that you do safe sex to your profile text xxxxx

"Maybe add that you do safe sex to your profile text xxxxx"

Agree with this.

OP, when the virus is dormant you're right that you can't pass it on. However when the virus is active you may not have the symptoms but still can pass it on during that time. As you know yoi have it safe sex should be a requirement rather than just an interest.

Mrs

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

There's still a risk of passing it on if using condoms.

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I know a female on here that has the same thing.

She doesn't have any trouble getting meets at all and her profile clearly says on it too.

By *exy-SirenWoman  over a year ago

Fareham

Safe sex doesn’t help with herpes as it is spread by skin contact not fluids x

By *irl1234xxxWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

[Removed by poster at 15/08/19 07:28:51]

You and your partners could use PrEP (truvada) which can reduce HSV transmission by a third.

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

"You and your partners could use PrEP (truvada) which can reduce HSV transmission by a third. "

Is that avaiable on the nhs to non risk groups?

HSV2?

Is that the new super fast route between south and north?

By *ottyNStripes30Couple  over a year ago

Oakham

"You and your partners could use PrEP (truvada) which can reduce HSV transmission by a third. "

Are you talking about HIV?

"You and your partners could use PrEP (truvada) which can reduce HSV transmission by a third.

Are you talking about HIV? "

Prep is given out for HIV But it's also know to protect against herpes too however prep is a nasty drug and the long term effects are unknown as it's still in trial stages. Also you would have to fund it yourself as it's only available on the NHS for high risk groups that could catch HIV it won't be licensed for herpes as much so for the cost factor.

Good news is potential hsv vaccines are being trialled as are chamidia vaccines

"You and your partners could use PrEP (truvada) which can reduce HSV transmission by a third.

Prep is given out for HIV But it's also know to protect against herpes too however prep is a nasty drug and the long term effects are unknown as it's still in trial stages. Also you would have to fund it yourself as it's only available on the NHS for high risk groups that could catch HIV it won't be licensed for herpes as much so for the cost factor.

Good news is potential hsv vaccines are being trialled as are chamidia vaccines "

So, how do I register that I'm a member of a high risk group?

Very brave, some people are just very uneducated or maybe a bit naive, good luck and good health

Good news is potential hsv vaccines are being trialled as are chamidia vaccines "

I am not convinced this is correct. PReP is free in Scotland on the NHS. You can get it free via a trial in the England, if not you can pay £30 a month private. It does work and recommended for high risk groups. I know someone who came off it due to bloating.

"There's still a risk of passing it on if using condoms."
and condoms offer limited protection to genital warts neither

By *ait88Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

You only take Prep every day if you are infected. For protection against virus infection, just take one pill on the day before, one on the day, and one on the day after. This will kill the viruses on entry in the vast majority of cases. It also minimises the risk if side effects and long-term harm. Check with your doctor if you are taking any sort of medication regularly.

Some people don’t realise that unprotected oral sex either way can result in infection.

The N.H.S. test for HIV doesn’t look for the viruses. It tries to find antigens that are made by infected people’s immune systems. It takes up to four weeks for these antigens to be present in sufficient quantities for the detection process. So wait four weeks after a possible infection before getting tested.

With regards to herpes 2 infection history, forget it. Do you warn people that you have had cold sores? They are caused by the herpes 1 viruses. The herpes 2 virus has a much milder effect at the other end. So what? Are cold sores at either end serious or life-threatening? They go away without medicines, and in women, often without symptoms. It’s hard enough for men to get dates on here. Why frighten people off for no sensible reason?

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

[Removed by poster at 18/08/19 01:43:34]

Birkenhead/Liverpool

HSV is only a risk when it is in an active phase. Many people who contract HSV may only have a primary virus and never get secondaries further down the line.

Somebody said earlier that you might not know you have active HSV and can pass it on. I beg to differ. You absolutely know when it's flaring...you may not realise exactly what is going on at first but you feel the virus developing and you don't want anyone to go near you! This is before anything visible appearing on the surface of the skin. For those people who get regular cold sores, they will tell you that they know a cold sore is going to develop before anything is visible; it's the same with genital HSV.

When in an active phase, the last thing you want to do is have sex!

Dormant HSV is no risk whatsoever to play partners. HSV on the mouth or genitals needs to have visible lesions to be transferred by skin to skin contact....there is some research out there which concludes that most genital HSV is contracted via oral sex with a partner who has an active cold sore, not through active genital HSV, because like I said earlier, you can't bear anyone touching you below the waist when you have active HSV, let alone full blown intercourse.

If people are going to enjoy this lifestyle and have multiple partners, then they need to educate themselves properly on STIs.

I know of 2 people who have contracted Herpes (not the coldsore of the mouth)

1 of them ended up in hospital because of the pain with the flare up.

Your right more education and condoms

Good news is potential hsv vaccines are being trialled as are chamidia vaccines I am not convinced this is correct. PReP is free in Scotland on the NHS. You can get it free via a trial in the England, if not you can pay £30 a month private. It does work and recommended for high risk groups. I know someone who came off it due to bloating. "

What part of what I wrote do you believe isn't correct? They don't know the long term affects of PrEP which is why people using prep are recommended 3 monthly testing not only for other sexual infections but to check liver and kidney health. Also it effects bone density. it's better for you than HIV hence being given for HIV but as hsv flare ups can be treated with other viral drugs that are cheaper and there is a potential vaccine being produced they will never licence PrEP to be used for HSV.

Plymouth

Extracts from the Wikipedia article about “Herpes simplex”:

“Genital herpes, also known as HSV-2, may have minimal symptoms, or form blisters that break open and result in small ulcers. These typically heal over within two to four weeks. Tingling or shooting pains may occur before the blisters appear.

Many people infected with HSV-2 display no physical symptoms.

An estimated 536 million people world-wide (16% of the population) were infected with HSV-2 as of 2003 with greater rates among women, and those in the developing world.

Most people with HSV-2 do not realise that they are infected.”

Plymouth

"..... however prep is a nasty drug and the long term effects are unknown as it's still in trial stages. "

Extracts from the Wikipedia article about Truvada:

Emtricitabine/tenofovir, sold under the brand name Truvada among others, was approved for medical use in the United States in 2004.

It is on the World Health Organisation’s List of Essential Medicines, the most effective and safe medicines needed in a health system.

Common side effects include headache, feeling tired, trouble sleeping, abdominal pain, weight loss, and rash. Serious side effects may include high blood lactate levels and enlargement of the liver. Use during pregnancy does not appear to harm the baby, but such use has not been well studied.

In the US it has been approved for pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) against HIV infection. The Food and Drug Administration approved it for preventive use on July 16, 2012.

"There's still a risk of passing it on if using condoms. and condoms offer limited protection to genital warts neither"

Where are the grammar police when you need them?

However much you find on Google my point stands they will not prescribe PrEP for HSV!!! It's used for HIV only . In your extract it says for HIV I don't know why you seem to have a issue with what I said. There hasn't been enough research in long term effects of PrEP. I work within this field I'm not using 'google' for information

Plymouth

Nor am I!

By *istressZoeTV/TS  over a year ago

cheshire

I recently learned that you can purchase acyclovir tablets from online Superdrug chemist

£30 for 45 tablets

I usually have a supply in case of any outbreak

I also learned that health care professionals do not advise using over the counter Zovirax cream on genital herpes

96% of people have genital herpes and asymptomatic.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"96% of people have genital herpes and asymptomatic. "

When they don't have an active flare yes. Dormant phases have no symptoms. When you have a flare up, you usually have some indication that something is going on. You can get the cold sore type tingle at the very least, even if you don't get lesions. Secondary outbreaks tend to be less severe and not as obvious as the primary.

"96% of people have genital herpes and asymptomatic.

When they don't have an active flare yes. Dormant phases have no symptoms. When you have a flare up, you usually have some indication that something is going on. You can get the cold sore type tingle at the very least, even if you don't get lesions. Secondary outbreaks tend to be less severe and not as obvious as the primary. "

The official hsv2 site says it's still highly transmissible without an outbreak. Alternative health sources say the opposite, or that it's not quite so concrete. It seems to be the most random of sti's. The sandyford don't test for it as its so common.

When they don't have an active flare yes. Dormant phases have no symptoms. When you have a flare up, you usually have some indication that something is going on. You can get the cold sore type tingle at the very least, even if you don't get lesions. Secondary outbreaks tend to be less severe and not as obvious as the primary.

The official hsv2 site says it's still highly transmissible without an outbreak. Alternative health sources say the opposite, or that it's not quite so concrete. It seems to be the most random of sti's. The sandyford don't test for it as its so common.

"

You can only be tested for it if you have something that has caused a break in the skin and sores/weeping, I have eczema there so was told this and tested when I had an outbreak of that, during a visit to the clinic.

By *yx_InannaWoman  over a year ago

Burslem

"

Most clinics don't test unless there's actual external indications in which they would scrape. Also blood tests available to test for antibodies. Just not cost effective

Hsv1 is commonly caught as a child.

Hvs1 has been found to be sti quite commonly also due to someone giving oral sex with a coldsore. Hsv2 found on the mouth for same reasons, oral sex. There's many people infected and don't actually understand what a cold sore is they've had it most their life.

Hsv is life threatening to newborns and infants which is a huge reason to not be kissing babies no matter how much you want to.

Few years ago grandmother kissed her newborn grandchild sadly the coldsore claimed a life. Accidentally and all due to the fact people don't really understand it.

All about not sharing cutlery and facial cloths, obviously not sharing toothbrushes etc especially during a flare up.

From everything I know stress and anxiety cause outbreaks. Decline in physical health can trigger outbreak.

Hsv has many types viruses in that umbrella tag. No one knows why some people are immune either. Some we've all been infected with at a very young age providing antibodies covering all the hsv where as some don't.

By (user no longer on site) 44 weeks ago

I also have hsv2, someone I slept with knew they had it and didn't say anything to me so here I am!

» Add a new message to this topic