FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Meeting when you have kids

Meeting when you have kids

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *om and Lisa OP   Couple  over a year ago

gateshead

So, bit of an open topic this one.

We started a family at the start of last year and have had a few meets since.

But we're really limited on baby-sitters and were just wondering how others manage around kids.

Does anyone meet when the kids are in bed? I'd imagine it would depend on age and arrangements, but with very young children I'd imagine it would be possible.

And how do you let people know that you're organising things around children? Obviously it can have a big impact on your reliability to meet.

Anyone got any good horror stories?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Its tough and it even limits time alone between us because if we get a free night then typically we look to swing.

Have had a few rude mails being called a timenwaster from people when I say its rare we meet. Moderators do nothing about it though.

If you guys feel comfortable inviting strangers into your house with your child in the house then its up to you. Some people will say its okay and some will say its not.

By *bcums3Couple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

"So, bit of an open topic this one.

But we're really limited on baby-sitters and were just wondering how others manage around kids.

Does anyone meet when the kids are in bed? I'd imagine it would depend on age and arrangements, but with very young children I'd imagine it would be possible.

And how do you let people know that you're organising things around children? Obviously it can have a big impact on your reliability to meet.

Anyone got any good horror stories? "

We state on our profile that we have family commitments, so we have to plan ahead always upfront about it if we are chatting to people so they know, rather than thinking we are wasting their time. We have kids of various ages so it’s not as easy to get a babysitter.

Wouldn’t have meets when the kids are in bed for many obvious reasons not sure how comfortable others would be meeting InThat situation either? Most people understand though you do have kids and respect that

I personally wouldn't meet with kids in the house ... mine or theirs! Know what it's like being a parent with one ear listening out

Most people on here have children so will understand totally....personally I’d not play at someone’s house when there’s kids there..not even a baby, but that’s my personal boundary

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

When mine were small time with my partner was the most important thing. With two full time jobs between us, and children it was difficult.

I would not invite randoms for sex to the house.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Its tough and it even limits time alone between us because if we get a free night then typically we look to swing.

Have had a few rude mails being called a timenwaster from people when I say its rare we meet. Moderators do nothing about it though.

If you guys feel comfortable inviting strangers into your house with your child in the house then its up to you. Some people will say its okay and some will say its not.

"

The site admins will always do something about reports of abusive mail. You won't be advised what they've done though.

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

It's hard! Plan ahead and set dates around sitters availability. You do lose out on shirt term meets but if people aren't prepared to wait then they're not the right ones anyway...

By *r.J-Miss.BCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

I'm separated from the mum of my kids, yet still find with all the taxiing I do that it limits our play time :/ and although most are understanding, I find it awkward trying to find mutual fun times and to plan ahead without sounding like we're blowing people out!

But it's the same as replying to messages... because we like to do so together, some people take offence because a message might be read but not instantly replied to

By *ng1983Couple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon tyne

We are always up front from the start we have a family so can't do last minute meets. We arrange around babysitters and usually meet at clubs. We never have a meet at home. We generally arrange a meet a few weeks in advance and lock down a babysitter and sometimes a backup just in case. We have had to cancel 1 or 2 meets before when the kids have been ill. We have 2 pretty reliable babysitters so we manage quite well. It is a pain sometimes missing out on the fun of spur of the moment meets though

I'm a single mum of 2. I have very little help on the baby sitting front. I vehemently state on my profile that I can only do daytimes when they are at school and I'm not studying. This doesn't conclude in arranging easy meets, and sometimes I can come off as a time waster, which I'm not, but I couldn't care less. Those that think that would not be worth my time in the first instances. I would never play when my sons are home or in bed, this is there place of security to. It does mean the 6 weeks holidays are those celibate!!!

We have no babysitters (by choice) so are limited to meeting during school hours. Now that's when majority of the people are working. I work full time myself. We plan meets in advance and although it's hard - still make it possible

Mrs

It's really hard we try arrange around some weekdays during school hours when work allows and the kid's monthly stopover at grandparents house with such limited time can make a no show very annoying

Not sure why anyone would have strangers in there own house to swing with kids in the house, an absolute no no for us, whatever age the children are

how about thinking about a baby sitting service between fab members that are local to you obviously or finding a baby sitting service make sure they are DBS checked and registered with the council though. Just a thought!

By *ipi2001Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Arranging meeting with kids is difficult but not impossible. Patience pays

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Im my experience the situation is made significantly more difficult to a line a meet when the the other person/people have families too. Hard enough to get babysitters for one party on a set date, even hard if both parties have to.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

When my daughter was 13 with loads of friends I suggested a sleep over for them all.

One sat night with 9 friends was mayhem, but they all enjoyed it.

The result was they decided to take turns in holding one at their own houses.

result, one night in 9 at my house, meant I had 8 sat nights free to have my fun.

By *ozy couple d lCouple  over a year ago

DROMORE

Sounds very much like our selves, having kids is a nightmare,and it gets worse as they get older,it's got that bad we have meets on a spur of the moment unless we have got the kids, shipped off to relations for a night,but even then they can throw a spanner in the works they are sick etc

By *ozy couple d lCouple  over a year ago

DROMORE

We have done most of our meets when they are at school,all day to play,but even then the school could ring up, your child is Ill can you pick them up,

We have meets when kids in bed but thats because they sleep like rocks, once out they out cold and will not wake, never had a meet and they have stirred. But again we always say to people we have kids so need to arrange it, but if you fancy a social then come over etc. But again we wouldnt invite anyone over without talking for a while and feeling comftable. x

I personally don't have a problem meeting up with anyone with kids in the house.

Everyone is different and if it's explained from the start that kids are there then it's down to the people meeting up. I had a really good meet with a couple who had their kids asleep. Just made sure that the parents bedroom door couldn't just be opened

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

We have a child and so we tend to stick to parties and clubs so that we can have an overnight sitter. We're picking we have lots of family who will babysit for us. Or if we go away for a break without him we can organise meets. We go to concerts so we can plan around that, etc.

Personally I don't like the idea of people in my home whilst my son is here. If he's not here fine.

By *JohnMan  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I'm glad I don't have children. I enjoy my freedom and will never take it for granted.

I'd be uncomfortable meeting at someone's home with children there. If it was a baby, and nothing else was possible, then maybe. But it's not ideal. Once they're old enough to ask "who's that man, mummy?", definitely not - unless we're regular partners and the kids know that.

Children see and hear a lot more than you think. And they can be very curious. And they don't always understand that there are some questions it's best not to ask.

I've had hotel meets with a woman where we've booked rooms with a connecting door. She returned to her room to sleep with the kids afterwards (it was sold to them as a little holiday, using the hotel's pool). We had the door unlocked on her side so she could get to them if needed, but locked on mine so they couldn't wander in. The kids were around 10 at the time. It worked.

And don't think it stops once they grow up and leave home. I had to hide in the bathroom once because the son decided to come and visit his parents unannounced. Fortunately it wasn't a long visit. We did have a good laugh about it afterwards, and a very good night.

"I'm glad I don't have children. I enjoy my freedom and will never take it for granted.

I'd be uncomfortable meeting at someone's home with children there. If it was a baby, and nothing else was possible, then maybe. But it's not ideal. Once they're old enough to ask "who's that man, mummy?", definitely not - unless we're regular partners and the kids know that.

Children see and hear a lot more than you think. And they can be very curious. And they don't always understand that there are some questions it's best not to ask.

I've had hotel meets with a woman where we've booked rooms with a connecting door. She returned to her room to sleep with the kids afterwards (it was sold to them as a little holiday, using the hotel's pool). We had the door unlocked on her side so she could get to them if needed, but locked on mine so they couldn't wander in. The kids were around 10 at the time. It worked.

And don't think it stops once they grow up and leave home. I had to hide in the bathroom once because the son decided to come and visit his parents unannounced. Fortunately it wasn't a long visit. We did have a good laugh about it afterwards, and a very good night."

That's disgusting. 10 years old, they'd know exactly what was going on. She should be reported to child protection services.

By *exy Sarah and MichaelCouple  over a year ago

Torquay

"Not sure why anyone would have strangers in there own house to swing with kids in the house, an absolute no no for us, whatever age the children are"

Completely agree with this statement

By *JohnMan  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"10 years old, they'd know exactly what was going on."

She left her room after they were asleep and returned long before they woke up. As far as they knew, she was there the whole night. They never saw me.

And they were perfectly safe. If they had woken and needed her, she could have been there in seconds.

"So, bit of an open topic this one.

Anyone got any good horror stories? "

No horror stories, I'm afraid. I rarely met when I was a single female on here. I was lucky if i managed to meet my regular playmate once a month. I never met at my home. I didnt believe in mixing my family life with my meeting life. If that meant going a long time between meets, then I was comfortable with that

Holly

By *ucy LewdWoman  over a year ago

North Oxfordshire

"I'm glad I don't have children. I enjoy my freedom and will never take it for granted.

And don't think it stops once they grow up and leave home. I had to hide in the bathroom once because the son decided to come and visit his parents unannounced. Fortunately it wasn't a long visit. We did have a good laugh about it afterwards, and a very good night.

That's disgusting. 10 years old, they'd know exactly what was going on. She should be reported to child protection services. "

It’s not criminal to meet people for sex when you’re a parent.

I try to meet during the day as a self employed mobile mechanic it’s easier. I have a 12 year old at home and i don’t let her find out anything

That's disgusting. 10 years old, they'd know exactly what was going on. She should be reported to child protection services.

It’s not criminal to meet people for sex when you’re a parent."

Good grief. Yeah sod the kids' well being and mental health. It's not criminal, it's fine to fuck a stranger in the next room. Disgusting!!

Good grief. Yeah sod the kids' well being and mental health. It's not criminal, it's fine to fuck a stranger in the next room. Disgusting!!"

how do you feel single parents with no support would ever have a sex life just because some people have never been in this position does not mean they should be so judgmental

Good grief. Yeah sod the kids' well being and mental health. It's not criminal, it's fine to fuck a stranger in the next room. Disgusting!!how do you feel single parents with no support would ever have a sex life just because some people have never been in this position does not mean they should be so judgmental "

Babysitters. They are not that expensive. I am a single parent and had no support before I got together with LJ. So I paid for a sitter when I could afford it. I get that it can be more difficult. But it's not impossible. Safeguarding my toddler was always far more important than getting my end away. We are responsible for keeping them safe. Inviting a meet into your home, is not a responsible thing to do, when you have children, in my opinion. You may have chosen to live this lifestyle, but they didn't.

Holly

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

Good grief. Yeah sod the kids' well being and mental health. It's not criminal, it's fine to fuck a stranger in the next room. Disgusting!!how do you feel single parents with no support would ever have a sex life just because some people have never been in this position does not mean they should be so judgmental

Babysitters. They are not that expensive. I am a single parent and had no support before I got together with LJ. So I paid for a sitter when I could afford it. I get that it can be more difficult. But it's not impossible. Safeguarding my toddler was always far more important than getting my end away. We are responsible for keeping them safe. Inviting a meet into your home, is not a responsible thing to do, when you have children, in my opinion. You may have chosen to live this lifestyle, but they didn't.

Holly"

Wow - I need your sitters contact details, round here the girls that sit have set up a cartel - £6 an hour raising to £8 after midnight..... to switched on for their own good

What ever happened to £15 a pizza and the Wi-fi password?

Good grief. Yeah sod the kids' well being and mental health. It's not criminal, it's fine to fuck a stranger in the next room. Disgusting!!how do you feel single parents with no support would ever have a sex life just because some people have never been in this position does not mean they should be so judgmental

Holly

Wow - I need your sitters contact details, round here the girls that sit have set up a cartel - £6 an hour raising to £8 after midnight..... to switched on for their own good

What ever happened to £15 a pizza and the Wi-fi password? "

Hahaha those were the days eh? Maybe I just met those who didn't have a lot of stamina, so booked a few hours in

Holly

Holly"

Some people care more about sex with strangers than about the wellbeing of their own kids.

lanarkshire

"Sounds very much like our selves, having kids is a nightmare,and it gets worse as they get older,it's got that bad we have meets on a spur of the moment unless we have got the kids, shipped off to relations for a night,but even then they can throw a spanner in the works they are sick etc"

Def gets worse as they get older we have one at 4 and one at 14 always easy to manoeuvre the youngest but the teenager is a nightmare...to old to be babysat and too young to babysit lol

over there by that tree

"Sounds very much like our selves, having kids is a nightmare,and it gets worse as they get older,it's got that bad we have meets on a spur of the moment unless we have got the kids, shipped off to relations for a night,but even then they can throw a spanner in the works they are sick etc

Def gets worse as they get older we have one at 4 and one at 14 always easy to manoeuvre the youngest but the teenager is a nightmare...to old to be babysat and too young to babysit lol "

Is 14 to young to babysit a sleeping 4 year old?

I know I’d be happy to allow a responsable 14 year old to look after my 2 - in fact I’ve done it.

Arghhhh - have I just opened myself up to being criticised

"When my daughter was 13 with loads of friends I suggested a sleep over for them all.

One sat night with 9 friends was mayhem, but they all enjoyed it.

The result was they decided to take turns in holding one at their own houses.

result, one night in 9 at my house, meant I had 8 sat nights free to have my fun. "

Genius! I did that too when I first met the OH and my child hadn't been introduced to him. Even now, 7 years on and with the OH my side, I wouldn't EVER invite anyone over for a play meet if my child was home...

I'm not being judgemental, but it wouldn't sit right with me at all. And even if my child was still a baby, I wouldn't be able to relax and enjoy myself anyway.

I'm sure there are plenty of other solutions!

x N

It's even harder as a single parent..

Luckily for us our neighbours brilliant and when in the UK she will babysit if shes free would never play at home with kids at home..

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

have my little un most weekends and love having her but yea my fun on here is few and far between these days lol.most mail i get is usualy at weekends and they mainly looking for right then.explain my situation that i have to plan most meets usualy never hear frim most again lol

By *eorge JetsonMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

I don't.

Simple as that really.

I became a single parent nearly 2 years ago and he's the centre of my world.

I have no free time and childcare is so limited it's not worth having.

It's why JJ plays solo, her childcare arrangements are much more flexible and she can pull a free night from literally out of nowhere.

Kids are the be all and end all and when he's old enough to mot need me anymore for dependancy then I might start thinking about putting myself first.

lanarkshire

"Sounds very much like our selves, having kids is a nightmare,and it gets worse as they get older,it's got that bad we have meets on a spur of the moment unless we have got the kids, shipped off to relations for a night,but even then they can throw a spanner in the works they are sick etc

Def gets worse as they get older we have one at 4 and one at 14 always easy to manoeuvre the youngest but the teenager is a nightmare...to old to be babysat and too young to babysit lol

I know I’d be happy to allow a responsable 14 year old to look after my 2 - in fact I’ve done it.

Arghhhh - have I just opened myself up to being criticised "

Lol...possibly!!...though i tend to agree with you I know I was babysitting at 14 though he is responsible to a point.. he is still a boy which means he’s more interested in the Xbox than feeding himself sometimes so wouldn’t really leave him longer than the hour here and there that I do... but any length of time probably not lol I’ll just need to give it another year and then hopefully I’ll have my in house babysitter...

over there by that tree

Lol...possibly!!...though i tend to agree with you I know I was babysitting at 14 though he is responsible to a point.. he is still a boy which means he’s more interested in the Xbox than feeding himself sometimes so wouldn’t really leave him longer than the hour here and there that I do... but any length of time probably not lol I’ll just need to give it another year and then hopefully I’ll have my in house babysitter... "

Tbh.... we never grow out of the Xbox, I wondered why I was loosing weight

By *arc and KamaCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Babysitter is the only option. And we have found that the best place for meeting is in the club.

By *ornyhornytwoCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

It's the main reason why we go to clubs far more than anywhere else. We can accommodate sometimes and we can visit houses but easier to schedule a club visit and leave on time if the little one isn't stopping at grandmother's. We wouldn't ever do anything sexual with another couple whilst child's in the house tho asleep or not. X

lanarkshire

Lol...possibly!!...though i tend to agree with you I know I was babysitting at 14 though he is responsible to a point.. he is still a boy which means he’s more interested in the Xbox than feeding himself sometimes so wouldn’t really leave him longer than the hour here and there that I do... but any length of time probably not lol I’ll just need to give it another year and then hopefully I’ll have my in house babysitter...

Tbh.... we never grow out of the Xbox, I wondered why I was loosing weight "

Haha so true

We have an 18 yr old lad at home who never goes out ffs it’s worse than having a baby at home so limits us a fair bit

By *peak and SpellCouple  over a year ago

Greenwich, SE LONDON

We have grandparents nearby that can babysit, but they get a bit funny if we ask to often (once every 4-6 weeks). So when we do manage to get out, we have to make a plethora of different excuses (which we have to remember when we pick the kids up!).

We get really annoyed when we try and organise a meet and schedule babysitting for them, then the person(s) suddenly becomes indecisive or worse still decides to ghost us!

By *hongman1Man  over a year ago

Mansfield

It’s a tough one. Some will say it’s perfectly fine, some won’t like it one bit.

I wouldn’t do it because it would stop you from being able to properly relax.

I once met someone (not on here) and she invited me to hers after a few weeks of texting, she made it very clear she had kids and even made it very clear she was in an open relationship with her current boyfriend (not the child’s father) I went round on the night I was invited with the “little one is at Daddy’s” so all good, without getting into detail, we are so deep into some fun it’s unreal and then I hear someone coming down the stairs, turned out he had let her down and she didn’t want to tell me.

I guess I see it as a flattering thing on one hand, but really not ideal on the other as I did say I didn’t want to come round when her kids are there as this was simply about sex and I had no intentions of confusing the little ones

Won’t meet with children in the house. But we are lucky as the children live with their mum and only stay at weekends.

By *aximus74Woman  over a year ago

Manchester

"It's really hard we try arrange around some weekdays during school hours when work allows and the kid's monthly stopover at grandparents house with such limited time can make a no show very annoying "

to this....

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

We have the kids part time so can work around it, and they come first so if we need to cancel something to take care of them then so be it. We would never meet with the kids in the house

» Add a new message to this topic