FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > A promise of dead sparrows

A promise of dead sparrows

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been on here for a while now and I find I'm able to chat to people and seem to get in well. I'm then offered meets etc. and it's at that point when the date gets close, suddenly nothing, silence. Emails to confirm are read but no reply?

Is this normal, am I wasting my time, should I go elsewhere?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's normal on here you will meet the genuine ones though that come along.

"That's normal on here you will meet the genuine ones though that come along."

Just noticed another thread with someone with the same issue. I would have replied to that one if I noticed. One reply there was to leave if it gets you down. Seems like good advice really. I'm easy with a, no thanks, reply but the game playing is so tedious.

Maybe I'm being a moaning old git and perhaps I should lighten up and get on with it? ??

"I've been on here for a while now and I find I'm able to chat to people and seem to get in well. I'm then offered meets etc. and it's at that point when the date gets close, suddenly nothing, silence. Emails to confirm are read but no reply?

Is this normal, am I wasting my time, should I go elsewhere? "

do you need a hand?

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

OP. It's a "numbers game" so you need to stand out against all the other guys all seeking the same.

Take out the part of your profile which details the meets that didn't happen or people who didn't show up etc.

You have a paragraph which tells of people who ask why you don't accommodate. But in your details section, you say you do; it's kind of mixed messages!

Any form of negativity could act as a 'No' by some people. Not accommodating is one turn off.

If you can put up a face pic, do so as it allows potential meets a chance to see you.

Get to socials or clubs. Involve yourself in the Forums.

It does work!

"OP. It's a "numbers game" so you need to stand out against all the other guys all seeking the same.

Take out the part of your profile which details the meets that didn't happen or people who didn't show up etc.

You have a paragraph which tells of people who ask why you don't accommodate. But in your details section, you say you do; it's kind of mixed messages!

Any form of negativity could act as a 'No' by some people. Not accommodating is one turn off.

If you can put up a face pic, do so as it allows potential meets a chance to see you.

It does work!"

Some say they like my profile but take your point and will amend. Thank you.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Par for the course. Remember that a hole in one is rather rare. Go to a club. Putting yourself out there.

"OP. It's a "numbers game" so you need to stand out against all the other guys all seeking the same.

It does work!

Some say they like my profile but take your point and will amend. Thank you. "

Made some changes as suggested, Although I have still left one bit unchanged. What do you think now? Again thank you

BTW

Since writing this someone contacted me and wanted to chat via KIK. Been having such fun chatting to them. They live in USA somewhere and have fallen in love with me! Want me now to but the a new phone and gift cards! Great fun letting them believe they have me hooked and really is clever the way they try to hook you in. I realise it's a scam from the off but it has amused me. Do the same with those guys who ring telling me they are from Microsoft. They must have been hanging around this forum because they picked up my post. Told them I work in IT cyber security and off to a conference. They still think they have me hooked!! lol Anyway, be warned everyone.

And I’m here as I was expecting some sort of taxidermy post

» Add a new message to this topic