FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Banned words on the forums

Banned words on the forums

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyfun2013 OP   Couple  over a year ago

lewisham

The mods closed the previous thread but helpfully pointed to a page containing the forum rules. The relevant bit says:

"Threads we remove

Threads containing racism, threats, nasty stuff like that will be removed and the posters banned or given timeouts. We also don't want discussions of serious illegal subjects like r*pe, child abuse, illegal drugs because inevitably someone will post about their own crimes / experiences of crimes and we can get hauled up in court to provide evidence. We do this for fun and we don't want the hassle, sorry."

All of which is fair enough in my book. Whether it's worth blocking individual words when they can easily be implied with asterisks is another matter. Some of the specific words (dr*nk) are just odd. And there isn't a list of them in the rules post (which was my original request). Oh well.

(PS The original of this post was rejected because my quote from the rules included the word r@pe. Clearly they don't have irony on Betelgeuse!)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

All seems a bit arbitrary, but is just my five penn'eth!!!

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I regularly have to produce evidence to go to court, even information on a computer screen has to be written down so it can't be misconstrued. As a document in reads terribly but in a court of law, nothing can be omitted.

So I can understand why the mods Would be reticent.

» Add a new message to this topic