FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Advice on profile

Advice on profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rishlondon127 OP   Man  over a year ago

Belfast

Hey guys, so I'm aware I'm young etc, and living in Northern Ireland probably also makes the swinging life difficult, but I always wonder why i do find it difficult, is it my profile maybe? Tips and tricks would be helpful! Cheers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You have one pic that you can't really see much and text which says you've been here before, you want to meet people and you travel around a bit.

Do you think that's enough to sell yourself?

Belfast

Due to the nature of proximity in Northern Ireland there may be some people here on the site that I am aware are here, and that I wouldn't want seeing me here (not in a relationship or anything). So thats why I keep friends only photos and face photo off main profile pic. But i attach them to every message I send, think I'm possibly just too young looking for most people lol

By *herrySnickersWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

A longer profile description that gives a better idea of yourself... a few more cute pics that don’t give too much away.... but leave something to the imagination.....

Belfast

I've tweaked it a little but possibly i could do something with an edited photo to better show myself i suppose

Get rid of the dick pic, we're all already aware you have one, you don't need to show it off like that. It just makes you look like another guy trying to get laid.

Belfast

"Get rid of the dick pic, we're all already aware you have one, you don't need to show it off like that. It just makes you look like another guy trying to get laid."

What dick pic? I have the body one there to try and put that on display, I'm aware the dick is there but not the intention haha

"Get rid of the dick pic, we're all already aware you have one, you don't need to show it off like that. It just makes you look like another guy trying to get laid.

What dick pic? I have the body one there to try and put that on display, I'm aware the dick is there but not the intention haha"

Maybe not your intention, but Fab is a veritable ocean of dicks, and we're all drowning in them. Take it from someone who's been doing this for 15 years (on here and other sites), you do not need to be waving it about. It'll work in your favour, trust me x

Belfast

"Get rid of the dick pic, we're all already aware you have one, you don't need to show it off like that. It just makes you look like another guy trying to get laid.

What dick pic? I have the body one there to try and put that on display, I'm aware the dick is there but not the intention haha

Maybe not your intention, but Fab is a veritable ocean of dicks, and we're all drowning in them. Take it from someone who's been doing this for 15 years (on here and other sites), you do not need to be waving it about. It'll work in your favour, trust me x"

Fair enough, that will probably be the last thing I try though haha. Seems that my profile isn't that bad I guess its just hard being young on here!

Maybe not your intention, but Fab is a veritable ocean of dicks, and we're all drowning in them. Take it from someone who's been doing this for 15 years (on here and other sites), you do not need to be waving it about. It'll work in your favour, trust me x

Fair enough, that will probably be the last thing I try though haha. Seems that my profile isn't that bad I guess its just hard being young on here! "

Hard? You're 27, you're not that young and you seem to have some verifications from people you've met. This site is overloaded with blokes, and I can assure you that as a guy, girl, or couple, it's just as 'hard' in its own way, just with different dynamics/challenges.

Fabswingers is a very busy site, with a massive footfall on any given day, so it DOES take a lot of work purely because it's a numbers game. You get out what you put in, but the notion that it's somehow harder for you for reasons XYZ, is simply not true.

To give you an idea, out of every 10 well thought out messages I send, roughly 1 in 10 will come to something. The majority will never be read, or deleted immediately, sometimes blocked for no apparent reason. These are the unwritten rules of the game, and we just have to suck it up, move on, and accept that this site has lots of choice/options and everyone has a snap decision to make based on a message/profile. It isn't hard to meet people, it just feels that way sometimes.

Sorry, this got a bit ranty and I didn't mean it to!

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman  over a year ago

London

OP, retake the suit picture. Preferably have a friend take one for you. There is something behind you that makes it look like there is something hanging between your legs. And, please, look anywhere other than down and stop holding your pelvis area!

Belfast

"OP, retake the suit picture. Preferably have a friend take one for you. There is something behind you that makes it look like there is something hanging between your legs. And, please, look anywhere other than down and stop holding your pelvis area! "

Not sure what you mean its clear there's nothing in that area aha

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman  over a year ago

London

Your suit photo. Replace it. It is something in the background.

By *herrySnickersWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

Fair enough, that will probably be the last thing I try though haha. Seems that my profile isn't that bad I guess its just hard being young on here! "

Agree with the dick pic issue.... good luck x

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

To be honest OP your profile text is very generic and doesn't tell a reader a great deal about you, or what you think you can offer other than you've been here before and are into lots of things - try and make it more unique and stand out.

Your pics aren't awful, but not great eithe and I agree with others about the suit pic, it does look like something is hanging down between your legs, but I'd add that the mask over your face gives it an almost creepy feel - understand about wanting to hide your face but a better way to do it would be to crop it out.

Learn to use the timer or voice activation on your phone and get a little creative, look at other guys profiles for ideas of what might work.

You've been veri'd in the last couple of weeks so it's obviously not all bad.

If you are finding that sending messages cold isn't working for you, think about how you could change your approach, either in the style of messages you send, or even forgetting sending messages and doing things like getting more involved in the forums and chat rooms, or going to group socials etc

» Add a new message to this topic