FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Ageists?

Ageists?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *acer962 OP   Man  over a year ago

Wokingham

I'm active 65 and do find that many age limitations on couples & singles profiles seem to be very arbitrary. I know it is personal choice but at mature end of the age range there is lots of accumulated experience that have mutual benefits for all. We don't get older we just get better. J

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Ageism is very real and very wrong. However it comes in with things like employment discrimination.

Attraction, consent, and message filters aren't ageist.

I say this as someone who's extremely open minded about age, and my filters largely reflect that.

By *xtra_GirthMan  over a year ago

wolvrrhampton

I’d happily give it to an older woman

By *lim Jim 69Man  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

each to their own i guess... personal choice end off

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Our age filters are set to 60 but this is flexible. But again as mentioned before it's down to attraction.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just as I can’t imagine having much in common with someone of 20 I can’t imagine having much in common with someone over 60. Attraction is down to more than just looks and even if you look like Richard Gere there would be the same problem (although looks may just win out). Age ranges will move with us as we age and even the gorgeous 30 year olds will lose their appeal.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm active 65 and do find that many age limitations on couples & singles profiles seem to be very arbitrary. I know it is personal choice but at mature end of the age range there is lots of accumulated experience that have mutual benefits for all. We don't get older we just get better. J"

When you said it's personal choice you hit the nail on the head.

We're very well aware that younger people don't want to have sex with us, why on earth would or should they? When I was younger I wouldn't have been attracted to a much older man.

By *uncpl187Couple  over a year ago

Ramsgate

We have an age problem.We are getting older,that's our problem.

As far as we are concerned we would prefer to meet older people.We get on better with them and they hold a good conversation.

Plymouth

We find we're in position where our age excludes us from a lot of play. The younger people (early twenties) we're too old for. The older people we're also put of their age range!!

And we're flexible on age we'd rather play with older people than younger

Such a shame some folk know what they want from the site,whilst others wish they were different.

Plymouth

"Such a shame some folk know what they want from the site,whilst others wish they were different.

"

Oh we fully respect what others want that's not the issue for us at all. Just find we're not what people which is fine. Just makes it difficult to find meets.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

It can be frustrating seeing someone you want to message but been unable to as you are a year or two over the age range and they have set the filters.On the forums I have always said Fabs is about preference especially on the forums regarding racism and I guess the same applies to age.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The key to contentment on fab is to focus on the profiles whose criteria you match.

How I think of it is, when I was younger I didn't fancy anyone my age and that's not ageist more a fact of life! We can't change how others perceive us or our ages so why moan! I have age preferences but they aren't set in stone but since being on here I've actually been put off younger and older guys more by there attitude than there ages. In life I've never experienced a problem with any age group.

But fancying or not fancying an age group isn't and never has been ageist sorry ... it's just sexual preference

"Such a shame some folk know what they want from the site,whilst others wish they were different.

Oh we fully respect what others want that's not the issue for us at all. Just find we're not what people which is fine. Just makes it difficult to find meets.

"

Nearly everyone struggles,too old too young,too big too small,wrong colour wrong race,too close,too far away etc.

As I've said before,fab has someone for everyone not everyone for someone.

Use the search filters and enjoy who is looking for similar interests

Age choice, sexual preferences, ‘race preferences’, all show up in swinging, along with size choice/preference.

We were chatting to some other swingers about this. The general consensus, are certain ‘groups’ of swingers, trying to force swinging to become PC?

We, personally, don’t think so, and accept, that swingers make their own choices, and, we respect that.

When it comes to sex we aren’t an equal opportunities employer. Yes we discriminate because we want a certain type

[Removed by poster at 21/07/19 17:13:40]

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman  over a year ago

London

OP, as always - what do you suggest?

By *aterboatmanMan  over a year ago

Somewhere in Hampshire

Frustrating when you have mutual interests but you're outside the age limit. I'm only 49 and finding it difficult at the moment. Although I have a disability from birth I am very active.

By *ADY VOLUPTUOUS OF KENTWoman  over a year ago

TONBRIDGE ROUNDABOUTS

I agree own age ranges 50s so much better...

For us its about not want to meet so one who may remind us of our parents same reason we would meet anyone the same age as our children’s that said we don’t always stick to that’s it does depend on the circumstances think the lower end of our limits it set in stone no matter what but the higher is flexible

Plymouth

Nearly everyone struggles,too old too young,too big too small,wrong colour wrong race,too close,too far away etc.

Use the search filters and enjoy who is looking for similar interests "

Part of the biggest problem we have is our location!! Cornwall is so far behind! No club, no real scene, etc. But hey ho we keep plodding on

Part of the biggest problem we have is our location!! Cornwall is so far behind! No club, no real scene, etc. But hey ho we keep plodding on"

Lol I live way West of you but it takes time and isn't to bad ... there are some good party places near to you!

Plymouth

Part of the biggest problem we have is our location!! Cornwall is so far behind! No club, no real scene, etc. But hey ho we keep plodding on

Lol I live way West of you but it takes time and isn't to bad ... there are some good party places near to you! "

We've yet to find any party place that aren't in Devon or don't involve pools/hottubs C can't use these due to skin issues

Part of the biggest problem we have is our location!! Cornwall is so far behind! No club, no real scene, etc. But hey ho we keep plodding on"

Try living and swinging in northern Ireland lol

It's back in the stone age sexually

Lol I live way West of you but it takes time and isn't to bad ... there are some good party places near to you!

We've yet to find any party place that aren't in Devon or don't involve pools/hottubs C can't use these due to skin issues "

Ok fair dos! There are a few down West without water but not many! And after the summer I'll be doing a social!

People have there own age parameters on fan, however so many lie about there ages, so funny going to a club seeing people then going home and seeing they’ve knocked a good few years off there real age, it’s a bit of a joke here.

If people think we are too old for them so what it’s not ageist, it’s a choice, ageism exists in all walks of life anyway

"People have there own age parameters on fan, however so many lie about there ages, so funny going to a club seeing people then going home and seeing they’ve knocked a good few years off there real age, it’s a bit of a joke here.

If people think we are too old for them so what it’s not ageist, it’s a choice, ageism exists in all walks of life anyway "

Met a local couple recently at a club after chatting to them and she was at least ten years out more like 15. Like we wouldn’t notice a sixty year old woman compared to a 45 year old we expected.

"People have there own age parameters on fan, however so many lie about there ages, so funny going to a club seeing people then going home and seeing they’ve knocked a good few years off there real age, it’s a bit of a joke here.

If people think we are too old for them so what it’s not ageist, it’s a choice, ageism exists in all walks of life anyway

Met a local couple recently at a club after chatting to them and she was at least ten years out more like 15. Like we wouldn’t notice a sixty year old woman compared to a 45 year old we expected. "

Yes it’s ridiculous really, we are our ages and we always tell people to have a look at our profile when they get home, probably freaks them out that they’ve played with us oldies, ha ha

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Lol I live way West of you but it takes time and isn't to bad ... there are some good party places near to you! "

Agreed, there are quite a few parties/socials happening in Cornwall, youve just got to keep your ear to the ground

"I’d happily give it to an older woman "

Oh im sure after reading this they will fall at your feet. Sadly for you i definitely wnt be one of them.

GIVE IT TO AN OLDER WOMAN.

Seriously how disrespectful

Plymouth

Agreed, there are quite a few parties/socials happening in Cornwall, youve just got to keep your ear to the ground "

We've found it really thin on the ground. Maybe be just aren't looking in the right places or in with the right crowd haha

We only look for people of a similar age to us

Strange thing is when we go to a club we get more attention from couples a lot younger

» Add a new message to this topic