FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Sex addiction

Sex addiction

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I saw a guy who was a member on this site he told me he was addicted to sex and he had to see a psychologists. Do members think he knew better . Because all i saw was he was having the time of his life . And now maybe he feels guilty for being found out . I personally found it hard to believe

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *racy_JacksWoman  over a year ago

Derby

There's a lot of debate about the validity of sex addiction as a concept. It is a term used by some treatment providers, but not by psychologists (although of course there are people who experience difficulties with sexual self-control. It's just that the addiction label is tricky)

If he has been found out for something and got himself in trouble, well it can be a convenient sword to fall on...

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Addictions are real. They're often, but not always, the result of not being able to cope with trauma.

Sex addicts will be enjoying themselves when fucking, it's a way of coping and might also give them a 'high'. When reality kicks in then things like shame may kick in and so the cycle continues as they need sex to feel good again.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Addictions are real. They're often, but not always, the result of not being able to cope with trauma.

Sex addicts will be enjoying themselves when fucking, it's a way of coping and might also give them a 'high'. When reality kicks in then things like shame may kick in and so the cycle continues as they need sex to feel good again."

I couldn't agree more. I've been prone to risky behaviour in the past and it's really just a symptom of a deeper problem. Sex addiction has many different aspects to it and it's entirety possible that the underlying issue has nothing to do with sex.

By *jangoMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

"Addictions are real. They're often, but not always, the result of not being able to cope with trauma.

Sex addicts will be enjoying themselves when fucking, it's a way of coping and might also give them a 'high'. When reality kicks in then things like shame may kick in and so the cycle continues as they need sex to feel good again."

I like this answer on sex addiction,. I also believe that addiction of any type ie, sex, drugs, alcohol, gambling, food, shoping, etc. Are all causes of trauma from there past. Co-dependacy, self esteem, self worth, fear, acceptance, the feeling of being part of, etc...

I've done some study's on this.

And found that sex addiction, has adverse effects on the individual, on one hand they want to feel wanted, and on the other, the rejection can cause severe depretion, also, after a conjogle meet, they can be left with all the same feelings, low self esteem, low self worth etc...

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Sex addicts will be enjoying themselves when fucking, it's a way of coping and might also give them a 'high'. When reality kicks in then things like shame may kick in and so the cycle continues as they need sex to feel good again.

I couldn't agree more. I've been prone to risky behaviour in the past and it's really just a symptom of a deeper problem. Sex addiction has many different aspects to it and it's entirety possible that the underlying issue has nothing to do with sex."

I struggle with trust and intimacy, sex was a good sustitute for them.

By *racy_JacksWoman  over a year ago

Derby

"Sex addiction has many different aspects to it and it's entirety possible that the underlying issue has nothing to do with sex."

Another critique of applying an addiction framework to understanding difficulties with sexual self control is that it is a superficial diagnosis. There might often be other things going on and the narrow focus on sexual behaviour might result in missing that. More like it's a symptom of something else rather than an addiction in itself, maybe. But the label can be applied to such a wide range of people

I recommend checking out Doug Braun-Harvey's work and his principles of sexual health and rethinking sex addiction

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I saw a guy who was a member on this site he told me he was addicted to sex and he had to see a psychologists. Do members think he knew better . Because all i saw was he was having the time of his life . And now maybe he feels guilty for being found out . I personally found it hard to believe "

Sexual addiction is real and can be deliberating.... not doing work. Housework... even not picking up kids from school...

Mine is currently under control but it takes effort.. luckily for me my friends know the signs when im getting an issue with it.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

I doubt he's really having the time of his life. If he's seeking help, then he knows it's not all ok

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I was diagnosed with sex addiction a few years ago that resulted in me being hospitalised (not for a disease might I add) it frustrates me when people talk about it as though it’s a trophy or a laugh or a bloke on tinder will happily type ‘I’m deffo a sex addict’ being in that position is frightening and often (as said above) turns you into a selfish person. Neglecting real responsibilities and only looking towards a ‘fix’.

Much like any other addiction... just very romanticised.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Im reading a good book at the moment called Adele by Leila Slimani. Its about a women with a sex addiction. Michael Fastbender also plays an excellent part as a sex addict in the film Shame. Sex addiction ruins lives. There was a phone in on the Jeremy Vine show and it was heartbreaking to hear some stories.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"I was diagnosed with sex addiction a few years ago that resulted in me being hospitalised (not for a disease might I add) it frustrates me when people talk about it as though it’s a trophy or a laugh or a bloke on tinder will happily type ‘I’m deffo a sex addict’ being in that position is frightening and often (as said above) turns you into a selfish person. Neglecting real responsibilities and only looking towards a ‘fix’.

Much like any other addiction... just very romanticised. "

Agree.

» Add a new message to this topic