FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Serious Libido Fail.

Serious Libido Fail.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *opsy Rogers OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

I’m talking mega serious, finding sexy repulsive, serious, considering jacking it all in serious, crying. I’ve lost my mojo before but nothing like this.

I’m almost convinced that it’s a reaction to my current circumstances which aren’t awful, just not what I’m used to and I’m hoping it will change when my situation changes but what makes me anxious about the whole thing is...will it?

Will I have been so repulsed by the whole thing that there simply is no coming back from it?

Has anyone else successfully come back from the depths? Or not?

How did you cope?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

I more or less lost my libido tn 2016 after a series of situations where I'd get close to someone only for them to ghost me after the first intimate encounter.

Slowly it's come back over three years. Helped by the two women I love.

There was a six month period where i honestly thought about giving up sex totally.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/08/19 14:10:42]

i lost interest for years due to hormonal problems

not through someones behaviour

London

"I more or less lost my libido tn 2016 after a series of situations where I'd get close to someone only for them to ghost me after the first intimate encounter.

Slowly it's come back over three years. Helped by the two women I love.

There was a six month period where i honestly thought about giving up sex totally. "

I want to cry for you just reading that.

Did you hang on to the hope that it would?

By *onBryanMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"I’m talking mega serious, finding sexy repulsive, serious, considering jacking it all in serious, crying. I’ve lost my mojo before but nothing like this.

I’m almost convinced that it’s a reaction to my current circumstances which aren’t awful, just not what I’m used to and I’m hoping it will change when my situation changes but what makes me anxious about the whole thing is...will it?

Will I have been so repulsed by the whole thing that there simply is no coming back from it?

How did you cope?"

Following a significant change in personal circumstances I completely lost interest in anything that had an erotic element. It was part of losing confidence in myself and the fear of all the changes.

Over time as the personal circumstances change then my interests and desires have returned as well. This will sound cliched but... stay positive, it’s your circumstances that have changed not you. Feeling sexy will actually help as well it’s a virtuous circle.

Good luck. I hope this helps.

London

"i lost interest for years due to hormonal problems

not through someones behaviour"

Did it return?

London

"I’m talking mega serious, finding sexy repulsive, serious, considering jacking it all in serious, crying. I’ve lost my mojo before but nothing like this.

How did you cope?

Following a significant change in personal circumstances I completely lost interest in anything that had an erotic element. It was part of losing confidence in myself and the fear of all the changes.

Over time as the personal circumstances change then my interests and desires have returned as well. This will sound cliched but... stay positive, it’s your circumstances that have changed not you. Feeling sexy will actually help as well it’s a virtuous circle.

Good luck. I hope this helps. "

Thanks. I’m trying to gauge if it’s a realistic hope of a dead libido coming back.

I don’t feel negative, unsexy or apportion any ‘blame’ to myself.

milton keynes

How did you cope?

Good luck. I hope this helps.

Thanks. I’m trying to gauge if it’s a realistic hope of a dead libido coming back.

I don’t feel negative, unsexy or apportion any ‘blame’ to myself. "

My own experience is that it absolutely has returned and the irony is that having seen it disappear previously it has made me appreciate having fun even more...

By *irl1234xxxWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I lost it for almost two years. It does come back gradually but you have to work at it. Mine was due to a relationship breakdown. I wanted no one but him x

I range from no libido to raging horn and any shade on the spectrum therein. I struggled for years to cope with the lack of libido (in a relationship with an appalling sex life didnt help). Then it seemed to start to come back so I had a couple of meets (new profile, I've been on here 12 years at least). Now I find my libido only comes around when I'm home alone - which is this week incidentally. Then I get frustrated as I seem to pick knobs to chat to who have no intention of turning up.

"i lost interest for years due to hormonal problems

not through someones behaviour

Did it return?"

once the treatment stopped yes

however it was short lived as im now in the menopause and its gone again

if i had HRT i know it would improve but im resisting as it will cause further hormone problems. i cant win

I had this, I have an extremely high need for a girl but it just went, because of stress we were under, I couldn’t understand it. Lasted a couple of months, it made me so upset because it’s a big part of me that was missing. But I took a break and sorted life out and it’s back with a vengeance now. Sometimes life just gets in the way, nothing wrong with taking a break to concentrate on what’s affecting your peace. Just take it slow and remember there’s no right or wrong.

By *liceinWonderland38Woman  over a year ago

Coventry

I’ve suffered previously with a complete lack of libido, I even thought I was asexual at one point. It turns out it was circumstantial, in the relationship I was in, and actually my libido is very much alive and kicking.

So yes, it can (and hopefully will) return, and my advice would be just take the pressure off for a while x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Some women feel repulsed by sex during menopause. Is that a possibility?

By *rustratedmissWoman  over a year ago

York

At the latter end of my relationship my libido completely died a death after being very much reduced for some time. I thought that would just be me going forward. However, once I sorted myself out not only did it come back but it has increased from what it was previously

milton keynes

"I’ve suffered previously with a complete lack of libido, I even thought I was asexual at one point. It turns out it was circumstantial, in the relationship I was in, and actually my libido is very much alive and kicking.

So yes, it can (and hopefully will) return, and my advice would be just take the pressure off for a while x"

Very much my own experience. I’m still trying to work out why it happened as I was unhappy in my marriage and was glad it had finished and yet lost all erotic drive. I’m sure a therapist out there could unpack it...

London

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and support, I really appreciate it.

By *pecialk300Woman  over a year ago

Westcliff on Sea ESSEX

Im feeling the same, im in menopause am diabetic too, and just generally miserable all the time, photos of sex just bore me now too

"I lost it for almost two years. It does come back gradually but you have to work at it. Mine was due to a relationship breakdown. I wanted no one but him x"

Mine was the same, I thought we’d be together till the end, I met a lovely girl after we split but couldn’t climax with her due to my hang up on my ex so had to break up with her to

By *ose and her beastCouple  over a year ago

Watford

Take a break from anything sexual pick up a hobby there is such a thing as sexual burnout

» Add a new message to this topic