FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Interesting age dynamics

Interesting age dynamics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ensualkink OP   Man  over a year ago

hotel or at yours

I have a theory. Late 30s is probably the least attractive for filters here. Let me explain (and I am not saying that this is stopping me from anything.

Profiles with age filters, normally go for up to 35 or over 40. I find this interesting, my hotlist has so many people who are looking for 40+ as I wait to turn 40! I am sure this is a fairly idle conversation, but hey it is Saturday and I have nothing better to do

Has anyone else noticed it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Nope but then we're old

hotel or at yours

[Removed by poster at 31/08/19 08:59:05]

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nope, you’re in my hunting range

hotel or at yours

"Nope but then we're old "

Old? I didn’t notice as I was drooling over your super hot pics

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

"Nope but then we're old

Old? I didn’t notice as I was drooling over your super hot pics "

Thanks mate but not bi

hotel or at yours

"Nope but then we're old

Old? I didn’t notice as I was drooling over your super hot pics

Thanks mate but not bi"

Haha. Your other half’s droolable too?

"I have a theory. Late 30s is probably the least attractive for filters here. Let me explain (and I am not saying that this is stopping me from anything.

Profiles with age filters, normally go for up to 35 or over 40. I find this interesting, my hotlist has so many people who are looking for 40+ as I wait to turn 40! I am sure this is a fairly idle conversation, but hey it is Saturday and I have nothing better to do

Has anyone else noticed it?"

It's the person not their age. There's some very shallow childish 40+ out there and very mature down to earth people in their 20's. Age after all is just a number

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

Nope. I’m old too and my filters are set pretty tight. I get less messages since my age clicked over to 50 a few weeks ago, but I don’t worry about it and I certainly don’t spend time analysing it.

V x

Age filters get on my tits.. because all too often I find myself 1 yes difference away from someone who could be a perfect potential match.

Add to this the conversations I sometimes have with younger women in pubs and clubs. They're shit at guessing age and put me in the late 20's early 30's age range. One young woman in Xtasia put me at 31.. when I'd just turned 36.. 1 year over her limit. Her partner teased her mercilessly and said that's exactly why she needed to change her filters.. apparently she fancied me.

In a club that can be discussed. Online.. with an absolute filter. It can't be. You may be very solid in your preferences, but I'd encourage everyone to think outside the box occasionally. Some proper gems of humanity waiting to be bumped into.

It works the other way. If I'd put up age filters myself, I may not have met some of the women I have done, which I'd be poorer for.

I'm not a fan of barriers to open conversation, especially when using the Forum. You see other sides to people and get to know them over time.. altering perceptions and challenging preconception.

hotel or at yours

"

It's the person not their age. There's some very shallow childish 40+ out there and very mature down to earth people in their 20's. Age after all is just a number"

I couldn’t agree more. The age filters sometimes make no sense. But I guess it’s offering some criterion to filter the the 100s of messages coming in

hotel or at yours

"Age filters get on my tits.. because all too often I find myself 1 yes difference away from someone who could be a perfect potential match.

Add to this the conversations I sometimes have with younger women in pubs and clubs. They're shit at guessing age and put me in the late 20's early 30's age range. One young woman in Xtasia put me at 31.. when I'd just turned 36.. 1 year over her limit. Her partner teased her mercilessly and said that's exactly why she needed to change her filters.. apparently she fancied me.

In a club that can be discussed. Online.. with an absolute filter. It can't be. You may be very solid in your preferences, but I'd encourage everyone to think outside the box occasionally. Some proper gems of humanity waiting to be bumped into.

It works the other way. If I'd put up age filters myself, I may not have met some of the women I have done, which I'd be poorer for.

I'm not a fan of barriers to open conversation, especially when using the Forum. You see other sides to people and get to know them over time.. altering perceptions and challenging preconception."

By *lex D.Man  over a year ago

London

"I have a theory. Late 30s is probably the least attractive for filters here. Let me explain (and I am not saying that this is stopping me from anything.

Has anyone else noticed it?"

Not really noticed but I'm not too bothered either by your theory (I'm 39). I don't fall victim to be being frustrated should I not fall into another's preferred dynamic.

My belief is the flip side if your theory; it's the perfect age as you will fall in the preferred age range of both younger and mature ladies. Fab will hold the data to prove either.

By *lex D.Man  over a year ago

London

"Age filters get on my tits.. because all too often I find myself 1 yes difference away from someone who could be a perfect potential match.

I'm not a fan of barriers to open conversation, especially when using the Forum. You see other sides to people and get to know them over time.. altering perceptions and challenging preconception."

Yip! The age barriers are evidently lifted at clubs and socials. Personality is qualifiable and adequately measured outside Fab. Age barriers very much needed here though given it's a quantifiable measurement as it rules more the unwanted than the wanted. Ultimately, it's a numbers game...all the time!

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

Am 55 happy I don't have a age range as I take people as I find them as long as they are respectfull and not pushy I do find the more mature they are the more respectfull and no rush when meeting u know this is a sex site but it's not allways about sex that a bonus if it happens

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

I'm not a fan of barriers to open conversation, especially when using the Forum. You see other sides to people and get to know them over time.. altering perceptions and challenging preconception.

Yip! The age barriers are evidently lifted at clubs and socials. Personality is qualifiable and adequately measured outside Fab. Age barriers very much needed here though given it's a quantifiable measurement as it rules more the unwanted than the wanted. Ultimately, it's a numbers game...all the time! "

Also, don’t discount the fact that the person who has set the filters is also able to be proactive and contact someone they may be interested in that falls outside them. I have a few friends I’ve made here who are younger than my age filters. I either met them first in person at a club or I’ve contacted them first. It’s not entirely absolute, and if I chose to stray from my “norm” then it’s in my control to

Do so.

V x

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

People have different criteria in clubs where they can actually see a person rather than rely on what they write shock horror!

We haven’t noticed but you’re in our age range. I think over 50/55/60 and under 25 are most excluded by filters but maybe it feels that way because it’s where you are. We sometimes find we are excluded by age with couples who are only a few years younger, but that’s just their choice, means we aren’t for them if they have those parameters.

hotel or at yours

"We haven’t noticed but you’re in our age range. I think over 50/55/60 and under 25 are most excluded by filters but maybe it feels that way because it’s where you are. We sometimes find we are excluded by age with couples who are only a few years younger, but that’s just their choice, means we aren’t for them if they have those parameters. "

I am glad that I am able to message you . I am finding that people within +|- 5 years of my age range are just out of reach in a number of cases. The responses to this thread are very interesting. As a number of people have said above, age is the least illuminating of all the filters. I understand why people narrow and it’s their choice. I find the filtering of 35 and 40 quite interesting. 35 being assumed as the last youthful year and 40 being assumed as the first year to be wise. May be its just me

By *ouble CCouple  over a year ago

Gran Canaria

Mr C always says '50 is Fab Death'.

He turned 50 in March and from then to July, when we had a 2 month break, we have had SO MUCH FUN. Never have we (and him alone too) have had so much fun on Fab.

It's what you make of it at then end of the day.

We had to adjust our filters as well because of our age difference and as we always say 'Tis just guidelines....' Miss C Xx

» Add a new message to this topic