FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Timewasters

Timewasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ook2please OP   Man  over a year ago

south west

So seem to be getting more and more timewasters on here. And tonight has really done my head in. Drove 30 to an address this memeber gave me, meet all agreed. Arrive and all the lights are out in the house and no reply to the messages. Should I start reporting profiles like this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

There could be a valid reason.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Did you have phone contact before setting off ??

south west

I told them I was was leaving and would be 30 mins.. everything was set up they gave me house number... so they knew I was on my way. If they had a valid reason surely a common courtesy message would of been appropriate?

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"I told them I was was leaving and would be 30 mins.. everything was set up they gave me house number... so they knew I was on my way. If they had a valid reason surely a common courtesy message would of been appropriate?

"

exactly ! This happens far too often and fab seems to not want to develop a strategy to deal with it , time wasters get protection while us genuine folk are chestised brutally for speaking out about our precious time and effort being taken advantage of

Shangri-La

"I told them I was was leaving and would be 30 mins.. everything was set up they gave me house number... so they knew I was on my way. If they had a valid reason surely a common courtesy message would of been appropriate?

"

That's just a me thing.. try to find reason where there is none lol

Did you chat or anything on the phone first? I find that can help sift thro some time waters.

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

This is why I insist on a social local to me. Worst that happens is I have a coffee or drink alone lol

By *harAndBryCouple  over a year ago

nr Stamford

Had one last night. Been chatting to him for a couple of weeks, arranged for him to come to our place at 8pm last night, got confirmation a couple of days back.

Didn't turn up, no message, nothing. He was on here at 8pm and half past and has even looked at our profile since. We don't overdo it with meets and this was our only one this week and we'd cancelled a "real life" event. To just not turn up and not even make contact is just rude

Bry (and Char)

Did you chat or anything on the phone first? I find that can help sift thro some time waters."

It can. However the 2 times I have chatted on the phone to do just that they have been no shows with no notification given

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

"This is why I insist on a social local to me. Worst that happens is I have a coffee or drink alone lol"

Totally agree

Would never just go to someone's home with no previous social,even as couple.

Seems too many are sending people on wild goose chases, judging by the amount of these posts.

Deffo report them op

Miss

"There could be a valid reason. "

Nothing valid about it

Takes 10 seconds to message and say something’s come up, meet off, chat later

Unless whoever you are meeting has died there is NO valid reason not to inform

south west

I decided to report the profile. I have had my fair share of no showers on here. But this one really got to me.

Getting tired of the amount of times this is happening nowadays on here, and think something needs to be done about it.

Maybe like a rating service on the profile would be good.

I had a no show the other week. We have met previously and spoke on phone he said he was leaving 40 min later I rang had no reply. Text no reply but was online. Not so much as a sorry, but messaged me yesterday asking was I free ,,, oh my days I just blanked his message.

Shangri-La

Did you chat or anything on the phone first? I find that can help sift thro some time waters.

It can. However the 2 times I have chatted on the phone to do just that they have been no shows with no notification given"

Assholes. .its just so ridiculous. I'm at the point now I try and meet for a quick coffee or drink before anything concrete. Something where I do t need to arrange a baby sitter as I have wasted a kid free night sat in waiting for Mr noshow.

"I had a no show the other week. We have met previously and spoke on phone he said he was leaving 40 min later I rang had no reply. Text no reply but was online. Not so much as a sorry, but messaged me yesterday asking was I free ,,, oh my days I just blanked his message. "

Always going to be trolls on any site. It hasn't happened yet but if I bottled it I would at least have the common courtesy to inform the person I had arranged to meet.

By *actileGent69Man  over a year ago

East Cheshire

Let down three times this weekend alone. Under our old couples profile I'd say 19/20 were timewasters/fantasists. Some are hard to spot at first, you can be chatting for weeks/months under promise of meeting then suddenly silence. Drains your energy trying to find genuine folk who want to meet !. Spoke to a lovely lady last night who oddly felt the same and was thinking of leaving !.

By *actileGent69Man  over a year ago

East Cheshire

"I decided to report the profile. I have had my fair share of no showers on here. But this one really got to me.

Getting tired of the amount of times this is happening nowadays on here, and think something needs to be done about it.

Maybe like a rating service on the profile would be good. "

Good idea but would need policing as open to abuse like most systems.

By *eter2305Man  over a year ago

Alnwick

Maybe I have just been naive, but my recent experience is this. I received a polite message from a "couple" asking whether I would be interested in chatting to a sexy lady who liked older men. The messages continued in a friendly way for 4 or 5 days, and I was looking forward to perhaps meeting them. All of a sudden their profile disappeared and all the messages have gone from my Received and Sent boxes, so it's as if none of it had ever happened. Like many others on here, I am genuine and trying to meet decent nice people, but as others have said, why should I even bother?

If people think with there brain rather than there genitals it’s easy to avoid timewasters, any doubt about a profile is an immediate ceasefire in communications from us, end of problem

By *ing_Wookie_RodeoMan  over a year ago

stockport wasteland

I've only ever met in clubs unless it's in a hotel before a club, never actually tried to arrange a meet even though I'd travel country wide to meet people. I do feel sorry for people that get let down in these ways but give me a shout I'm pretty sure we could sort something out and have a minimum of a cracking laugh and maybe the fun your looking for

By *nlyoneruleMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire

I do wonder! I've had a couple of timewasters. However I did get a message off a woman saying she wouldn't be able to make our meet later that day. All well and good except we hadn't even agreed to meet at all. Getting the excuses in advance of maybes!!

Yes think you are right so many time wasters on here now.

I arrange meet with couple 140 miles away confirmed night before drove there text to say was near asked to park up wait (ok)then text to drive mile down road park up and wait (ok but starting to get that feeling)was there 30 mins waiting to get text female partner didn't want to play but he was up for

it needless to say declined

It rarely happens if you have talked on the phone before. Once a audible relationship has been set up people are far less likley to mess others about.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Yes think you are right so many time wasters on here now.

I arrange meet with couple 140 miles away confirmed night before drove there text to say was near asked to park up wait (ok)then text to drive mile down road park up and wait (ok but starting to get that feeling)was there 30 mins waiting to get text female partner didn't want to play but he was up for

it needless to say declined"

A nasty thing to do to you. Maybe cut down on how far you're prepared to go without a clear address though

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman  over a year ago

London

"Maybe I have just been naive, but my recent experience is this. I received a polite message from a "couple" asking whether I would be interested in chatting to a sexy lady who liked older men. The messages continued in a friendly way for 4 or 5 days, and I was looking forward to perhaps meeting them. All of a sudden their profile disappeared and all the messages have gone from my Received and Sent boxes, so it's as if none of it had ever happened. Like many others on here, I am genuine and trying to meet decent nice people, but as others have said, why should I even bother? "

They are not timewasters. Most likely, they changed their mind about the whole thing - not just meeting you. It would of course have been polite to let you know, but we do not know what happened.

This is one of the reasons I tend to only meet in clubs.

Not as extreme but getting tired of arranging meets, only for radio silence to develop on the actual day, or days preceding.

By *ifeandhubby400Couple  over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

"If people think with there brain rather than there genitals it’s easy to avoid timewasters, any doubt about a profile is an immediate ceasefire in communications from us, end of problem "
This might sound harsh but sadly i have to agree after being too soft im now much more hard and if at any point the chat etc doesnt feel right i just end it also ALWAYS have chat meet as its easier to read someone in person ...

it needless to say declined"

That is crazy i'd have been livid!!!!

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Always a social first with us too, As well as a video or phone chat first.

If they don't want to do that, well thats ok, no meet then..

S

West Wales

it needless to say declined

That is crazy i'd have been livid!!!!"

Did you at any point talk to a female though?

S

West Wales

"Maybe I have just been naive, but my recent experience is this. I received a polite message from a "couple" asking whether I would be interested in chatting to a sexy lady who liked older men. The messages continued in a friendly way for 4 or 5 days, and I was looking forward to perhaps meeting them. All of a sudden their profile disappeared and all the messages have gone from my Received and Sent boxes, so it's as if none of it had ever happened. Like many others on here, I am genuine and trying to meet decent nice people, but as others have said, why should I even bother?

They are not timewasters. Most likely, they changed their mind about the whole thing - not just meeting you. It would of course have been polite to let you know, but we do not know what happened."

I recall seeing a pst sometime ago from a couple saying they were so sick of guys not turning up they'd give the same date & location to two or three guys & expect none to arrive. first one there gets a meet, the others get ignored.

Talk about being treated as a piece of meat!

S

By *andyMinx_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Leeds

This is why I won't travel for a meet (unless we have met before, and even then I would rarely consider it).

If I'm home and there's no show, all that's been wasted is a bit of make-up.

I was messed around a few years ago by someone I went to meet, had his phone number and so I called him and gave him such a telling off that he apologised and came out to my car to collect me. But it was a far from ideal way to start the evening

No as it was done over the site why i spend so little time on here now when 1st joined meets where not easy but you could get them and messages where acknowledged even with a no thanks.

All changed for the worst now

By *weetandHungMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I had a no show the other week. We have met previously and spoke on phone he said he was leaving 40 min later I rang had no reply. Text no reply but was online. Not so much as a sorry, but messaged me yesterday asking was I free ,,, oh my days I just blanked his message. "

Seems to be happening more and more often on here.

It spoils it for the rest of us, whether the people have been let down then trusts anybody else to meet them.

The time and effort that we have to go through is hard enough, some may need baby sitters or things like that.

Time is of the essence

"So seem to be getting more and more timewasters on here. And tonight has really done my head in. Drove 30 to an address this memeber gave me, meet all agreed. Arrive and all the lights are out in the house and no reply to the messages. Should I start reporting profiles like this? "

That person sat in the dark, waiting for that knock at the door!! How weird! Wonder how long it took them, to come out from behind the sofa....

By *ewisfun69Man  over a year ago

Hunts

Time wasters are a pain but you have to sift through some s**t to find what you’re looking for I guess. I never arrange a meet unless they’re verified, and the ones verifying them are verified also.. too easy to make a second fake profile to verify yourself unfortunately.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Always report it when you've arranged to meet and they don't show so admin can keep some kind of track of it.

» Add a new message to this topic