FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Regular check ups

Regular check ups

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi I am a bi guy who doesn't get to play very often (Too many fellow male fabbers lol) but get checked at a Gum clinic every 3 months. Is easy, discreet and gives peace of mind. I was thinking if there was a way that sites like fab could verify an individual has had such a check up and could show as GUM verified, the swinging world would become a safer place.

I have met girls and couples who have varying degrees of safe sex, and with alcohol sometimes involved standards can lapse. With a system verified by an official clinic any nasties could be picked up early.

Prep is now available and great for stopping HIV but not the other nasties.

I would much rather meet a green ticked Gum verified

contact, does anyone else have an opinion & is such a system possible?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I highly doubt that the NHS would cooperate with something like that. And it's the only way something like that would work.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi I am a bi guy who doesn't get to play very often (Too many fellow male fabbers lol) but get checked at a Gum clinic every 3 months. Is easy, discreet and gives peace of mind. I was thinking if there was a way that sites like fab could verify an individual has had such a check up and could show as GUM verified, the swinging world would become a safer place.

I have met girls and couples who have varying degrees of safe sex, and with alcohol sometimes involved standards can lapse. With a system verified by an official clinic any nasties could be picked up early.

contact, does anyone else have an opinion & is such a system possible?"

But really, what would the benefit of that system be?

I mean you say that you get checked every three months (super commendable, btw!!). But from the next time you have sex onwards, there’s no way to really know your status and often things get missed on tests because of the dormancy/incubation periods.

Screening is great, along with a tight practice of safety measures, however your green tick would literally say nothing about your sexual health status on the day. Thus I’d say it’d be a rather irresponsible system to have in place (:

By *hangerMan  over a year ago

brighton

It is a great idea in theory, but totally unworkable in practice as it has to rely on people's honesty. Unfortunately it is more than likely that if it became apparent that people who had been "approved" were getting more meets than those that weren't, then a considerable number would falsely claim they had been tested.

Just look at the number of guys on the sites that say they are straight, but actually also like sex with guys.

Think, every dating app, swinging ap enrolled, could kind of entice people into healthier lifestyle. Ie non verified find it harder to get meets. Just a thought, appreciate we live in a data sensitive world.

Would agree on the number of so called straight guys who infact are bi.

Yes it would have to cross match between the official clinic and a verifiable id perhaps credit card.

Any partners between tests could be an issue but if you meeting tested folk a lot less likely of nasties.

"Hi I am a bi guy who doesn't get to play very often (Too many fellow male fabbers lol) but get checked at a Gum clinic every 3 months. Is easy, discreet and gives peace of mind. I was thinking if there was a way that sites like fab could verify an individual has had such a check up and could show as GUM verified, the swinging world would become a safer place.

contact, does anyone else have an opinion & is such a system possible?"

Pretty pointless as it won’t cover the orgy you enjoyed a few nights before you took the test.

Well hold a poll, who knows their sexual health status?, some people have probably never had a check up... at least if you found you had caught something you may think twice about attending a future orgy untill you clear.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Well hold a poll, who knows their sexual health status?, some people have probably never had a check up... at least if you found you had caught something you may think twice about attending a future orgy untill you clear.

"

i get tested every 4 to 6 weeks ( due to how active i am) my last 12 tests have been negative.. in fact ive always had negative tests.

Just had my latest ones... so shall see.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Pretty sure GDPR, wouldn't allow such data to be shared.

Any such scheme would have to link personal details, real name, dob, NHS number

Not details I want made public

"Well hold a poll, who knows their sexual health status?, some people have probably never had a check up... at least if you found you had caught something you may think twice about attending a future orgy untill you clear.

"

That’s exactly it! None of us (who are sexually active) can be sure of our status (: You can make safe assumptions as you do know yourself if you have been engaging in anything risky of late (and when I say risky, unprotected oral carries the risk of contracting gonorrhoea and HIV, although the risk of the latter is minimal normally).

So all I’m saying is that getting tested regularly and often is great! I’d even welcome an option where you could upload your results to fab to be reviewed and get a tick. However I would not trust it as a means of safety and certainly wouldn’t make me complacen.

Manchester (she/her)

"

I'm checked regularly and mitigate my risk given my understanding of said risk. That's all that can be said.

If you’re not happy with the risk mitigation available, then use further protection or abstain. Up to you.

My health information being spread beyond NHS need to know is not acceptable.

Manchester (she/her)

Health information is private, and making it easier for other people to access would be a disincentive to test.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

ok so some how you make the system useable, and based on this I end up having unprotected sex, but catch something. Who has the liability? I don't think the site would take responsibility

Manchester (she/her)

"ok so some how you make the system useable, and based on this I end up having unprotected sex, but catch something. Who has the liability? I don't think the site would take responsibility"

It's an incredible minefield.

Nothing can stop herpes ! we learnt about herpes and have since been put off swinging

Tbf you are responsible for your own welfare but knowing someone is regularly tested has to be a safer choice of partner than those ignorant to risk.

If we can land a rover on Mars I'm sure there could be some way of achieving a system as described.

Most people on here are photo verified, you trust your face pic to a site, is that not more worrying ref privacy?

Manchester (she/her)

No it's not. My face is public knowledge, people see it every day, and there are ways to mitigate that risk.

My health information is absolutely and utterly private.

By *rAngleseyMan  over a year ago

Anglesey

We all have a responsibility to have regular checks, For the sake of our own health & others. My last check was in August & I`l have another before Christmas.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Sorry OP but it's not even a good theoretical idea in my opinion as it would mean absolutely nothing beyond that you tested clean on a given date - it wouldn't take into account any sexual activity you'd have for up to three months prior to that date (syphilis can take that long to show) or any since that date either.

In practical terms you then have the GDPR and other consent issues, as well as those I already mentioned and I certainly wouldn't want the site having access somehow to my medical records.

The ONLY way to guarantee being risk free is abstention from sex completely or a 100% guaranteed monogamous relationship (and even that requires trust).

Don't forget also that testing doesn't cover HPV or HSV so again risks that you take.

If you're going to lead a multiple partner sexual lifestyle the *only* thing you can do is to mitigate and assess risks, by getting regularly tested and being as informed as possible about the various STIs and risks associated with them and generally being as responsible for your personal sexual health as you can be - and that would include talking about sexual health with potential partners and assessing how seriously they take theirs.

It's actually quite frightening how little some people know - including those that think "I used a condom therefore I'm 100% protected"

While it would be nice to have a foolproof way of knowing you're safe, such a thing doesn't exist beyond, as I said, abstention.

Exactly....such a thing does not exist. A system wouldn't need access to detailed medical info, only that said person got tested ok and is same person registering verified on profile.

Yes you will always have a gap between playing and testing.. But I'd choose regular tested over multiple years of unknown contacts personally.

Manchester (she/her)

"Exactly....such a thing does not exist. A system wouldn't need access to detailed medical info, only that said person got tested ok and is same person registering verified on profile.

Yes you will always have a gap between playing and testing.. But I'd choose regular tested over multiple years of unknown contacts personally.

"

Any system would require a connection to NHS records. And the potential for data breaches. It'd never happen, and if it did, I'd never sign up.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Exactly....such a thing does not exist. A system wouldn't need access to detailed medical info, only that said person got tested ok and is same person registering verified on profile.

"

Anyone would choose that and the *only* way to know that is by open and honest discussion and as I said being aware of the risks and taking responsibility for your own sexual health.

Anything else just wouldn't work in practice or theory.

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

The only person responsible for my sexual health is me. Nobody else. Whilst I think your intentions are good OP, I think it is very naive to think a scheme like this would work. Swinging has such a variety of individual degrees of risk taking: from the gangbang barebackers who will literally fuck anyone to those who take their sexual health seriously, and all those inbetween. Some people lie to get what they want. That will never change. So just play your way.

"Sorry OP but it's not even a good theoretical idea in my opinion as it would mean absolutely nothing beyond that you tested clean on a given date - it wouldn't take into account any sexual activity you'd have for up to three months prior to that date (syphilis can take that long to show) or any since that date either.

In practical terms you then have the GDPR and other consent issues, as well as those I already mentioned and I certainly wouldn't want the site having access somehow to my medical records.

The ONLY way to guarantee being risk free is abstention from sex completely or a 100% guaranteed monogamous relationship (and even that requires trust).

Don't forget also that testing doesn't cover HPV or HSV so again risks that you take.

If you're going to lead a multiple partner sexual lifestyle the *only* thing you can do is to mitigate and assess risks, by getting regularly tested and being as informed as possible about the various STIs and risks associated with them and generally being as responsible for your personal sexual health as you can be - and that would include talking about sexual health with potential partners and assessing how seriously they take theirs.

It's actually quite frightening how little some people know - including those that think "I used a condom therefore I'm 100% protected"

While it would be nice to have a foolproof way of knowing you're safe, such a thing doesn't exist beyond, as I said, abstention."

Totally this!

"Sorry OP but it's not even a good theoretical idea in my opinion as it would mean absolutely nothing beyond that you tested clean on a given date - it wouldn't take into account any sexual activity you'd have for up to three months prior to that date (syphilis can take that long to show) or any since that date either.

While it would be nice to have a foolproof way of knowing you're safe, such a thing doesn't exist beyond, as I said, abstention."

Good advice I hope people take it.

» Add a new message to this topic