FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Profile advice

Profile advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Got my profile to somewhat an alright standard, but just seeking advice on any pointers of improvement

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *harAndBryCouple  over a year ago

nr Stamford

As a couple, we'd probably not reply due to (a) the photos....just about all dick pics. Try some clothes ones as well. And (b) I have nothing but experience to back this up but only being able to do days and not being able to accommodate does generally make us think the guy is married and that's a no-no from us.

Bry (and Char)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"As a couple, we'd probably not reply due to (a) the photos....just about all dick pics. Try some clothes ones as well. And (b) I have nothing but experience to back this up but only being able to do days and not being able to accommodate does generally make us think the guy is married and that's a no-no from us.

Bry (and Char)"

Can I just jump in on this and say... Your right about the pics. But as for only being able to do days and not being able to accommodate? It's a little closed minded. Maybe the poor guy works nights and is only free during the day? And maybe there's a genuine reason as to why he can't accommodate?

Personally, I can't accommodate. But that's not because I've got something to hide, like being married and playing a stray. I can't accommodate because I live in shared accommodation so it's awkward.

I see this all too often, people instantly jumping the gun and coming up with their own conclusions before even talking the the other person and asking questions.

Communication is key, people simply can't just make assumptions without asking questions first.

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Gosh it was just so boring. No personality in what was written.

Didn’t bother looking at your pictures (if there was any) as your avatar didn’t entice me to look.

I suggest you do a thread search for ‘profile ideas’ to help.

Hopefully after asking for advice you will take it, unlike so many who usually don’t bother.

Good luck!

I find results of any tests in profiles rather off putting.

And as for the variety of profile pictures - there isn't.

If you think that putting cock pictures only will bring you what you are looking for then I hope you do find it.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

If it's ok to your standards then that's all that counts.

For me that bdsm test thing is a real off putter!

"As a couple, we'd probably not reply due to (a) the photos....just about all dick pics. Try some clothes ones as well. And (b) I have nothing but experience to back this up but only being able to do days and not being able to accommodate does generally make us think the guy is married and that's a no-no from us.

Bry (and Char)

Can I just jump in on this and say... Your right about the pics. But as for only being able to do days and not being able to accommodate? It's a little closed minded. Maybe the poor guy works nights and is only free during the day? And maybe there's a genuine reason as to why he can't accommodate?

Personally, I can't accommodate. But that's not because I've got something to hide, like being married and playing a stray. I can't accommodate because I live in shared accommodation so it's awkward.

I see this all too often, people instantly jumping the gun and coming up with their own conclusions before even talking the the other person and asking questions.

Communication is key, people simply can't just make assumptions without asking questions first. "

The reason why I can't accom is that I don't think my parents would appreciate me bring people over for hook ups

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"Got my profile to somewhat an alright standard, but just seeking advice on any pointers of improvement"
. As a single guy that can’t accommodate you are up against it no matter how genuine your reason is I also can’t accommodate but I have put in my profile family reasons.It may be worth adding what some of the fantasies you have on your profile sort of state what you are looking for.The fact you work nights will be hard for you but you may want to see if there are any daytime clubs that are convenient for you to get to.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

On your 6 October pic what are all the white spots on the pink wall ?

"On your 6 October pic what are all the white spots on the pink wall ?"

Paint that's chipped away recently. Been meaning to repaint it but ran out of that colour.

Leeds

Could you not take a new pic with a better background?

"Could you not take a new pic with a better background? "

Are you for real? What has the background got to do with anything? Do you seriously judge others on the background/location of their photos?

Honestly, that's just madness! Surely the only thing that really counts, is the person himself? Just goes to show how picky and judgemental people can be! Shocking

OP has asked for improvement advice. That's what he's getting so far.

"OP has asked for improvement advice. That's what he's getting so far."

Advice that is unhelpful and incredibly irrelevant, such as what's on the wall! Poor guy! Why do us single guys have such a hard time here?

Leeds

"Could you not take a new pic with a better background?

Are you for real? What has the background got to do with anything? Do you seriously judge others on the background/location of their photos?

Honestly, that's just madness! Surely the only thing that really counts, is the person himself? Just goes to show how picky and judgemental people can be! Shocking "

Yes I do judge people on the backgrounds in their photos. Dirty toilets, clothes all over the floor, washing up piled in the sink, overflowing rubbish bins etc. If people can't make an effort in their photos, I assume they won't make an effort on a meet.

"OP has asked for improvement advice. That's what he's getting so far.

Advice that is unhelpful and incredibly irrelevant, such as what's on the wall! Poor guy! Why do us single guys have such a hard time here? "

Why don't you leave it up to OP about what he thinks of that piece of advice given?

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Hello OP,

Apollogies if this has been repeated, but here goes:

Your clothed avatar is ok. Loose the cock pics. Be creative.

Your bio is rather dull and brief. It says nothing about you, and what you can offer someone.

Your bio also says you are bisexual, but also says you are mainly looking for ladies and couples..

You need to participate in the forums, get known. Go to clubs and organised group socials.

Good luck.

"Hello OP,

Your bio is rather dull and brief. It says nothing about you, and what you can offer someone.

Your bio also says you are bisexual, but also says you are mainly looking for ladies and couples..

You need to participate in the forums, get known. Go to clubs and organised group socials.

Good luck."

To answer the bisexual part while I do meet men also, from my past times on here, I know how persistent and annoying single males can be. I also have a preference for women over men.

Fabville

"Hello OP,

Good luck.

To answer the bisexual part while I do meet men also, from my past times on here, I know how persistent and annoying single males can be. I also have a preference for women over men. "

Then perhaps expand on that in your bio?

Advice that is unhelpful and incredibly irrelevant, such as what's on the wall! Poor guy! Why do us single guys have such a hard time here?

Why don't you leave it up to OP about what he thinks of that piece of advice given?"

I do agree that the wall comment was a little bit odd, but it's that person's opinion as for the not being able to accom comments, I'm 23 years old, self employed, and the cost of housing is too damn high. Even with a house mate. So I still live with my parents so help cut down on costs.

"Could you not take a new pic with a better background?

Honestly, that's just madness! Surely the only thing that really counts, is the person himself? Just goes to show how picky and judgemental people can be! Shocking

Yes I do judge people on the backgrounds in their photos. Dirty toilets, clothes all over the floor, washing up piled in the sink, overflowing rubbish bins etc. If people can't make an effort in their photos, I assume they won't make an effort on a meet. "

But that's a little different compared to just a wall that could do with re decorating. It's a little too fussy and judgemental in my opinion!

Why don't you leave it up to OP about what he thinks of that piece of advice given?"

Funny that, he's already messaged me about it

Fabville

Let's continue with the OP's request for advice, instead of bickering?

Leeds

"

I do agree that the wall comment was a little bit odd, but it's that person's opinion "

I was trying to be constructive. In a photo try and show yourself as best as you can, which I think includes the background.

If the OP is a forum regular he will have seen many threads stating that people look at backgrounds in pics, exceedingly carefully. I’ve seen many claims that people look for items of female clothing and family photos. The wall looks like it’s got spunk on it, to be explicit. It would put people off and Sally advises you well to change it.

People ARE judgemental on this site, incredibly so. They’re trying to find the people they want to get naked and intimate with so lots of attention is paid to small details.

"If the OP is a forum regular he will have seen many threads stating that people look at backgrounds in pics, exceedingly carefully. I’ve seen many claims that people look for items of female clothing and family photos. The wall looks like it’s got spunk on it, to be explicit. It would put people off and Sally advises you well to change it.

People ARE judgemental on this site, incredibly so. They’re trying to find the people they want to get naked and intimate with so lots of attention is paid to small details."

Jeees, people have far too much time on their hands and far too many insecurities, if they are looking passed the actual person and focusing on the background of their photos!

In all honesty, I never actually realised how judgmental people can be, until I joined this place! It's certainly opened my eyes!

"If the OP is a forum regular he will have seen many threads stating that people look at backgrounds in pics, exceedingly carefully. I’ve seen many claims that people look for items of female clothing and family photos. The wall looks like it’s got spunk on it, to be explicit. It would put people off and Sally advises you well to change it.

People ARE judgemental on this site, incredibly so. They’re trying to find the people they want to get naked and intimate with so lots of attention is paid to small details.

Jeees, people have far too much time on their hands and far too many insecurities, if they are looking passed the actual person and focusing on the background of their photos!

In all honesty, I never actually realised how judgmental people can be, until I joined this place! It's certainly opened my eyes! "

Haha! I suspect you haven’t seen a quarter of it yet.

By *he Secret Tea PartyCouple  over a year ago

London

Reads to me like he'll be gone again soon

KM

In all honesty, I never actually realised how judgmental people can be, until I joined this place! It's certainly opened my eyes!

Haha! I suspect you haven’t seen a quarter of it yet."

Perhaps I'm odd lol but I'm just not a judgmental person. If someone contacted me with a reasonable approach, I certainly wouldn't start judging them on the background of their photos! To me, that's just bizarre! Instead, I would engage them in a normal conversation, asking general, relevant questions and get to know them on a one to one level.

But on a serious level, judging someone on the background of their photos is just insane to me! Sorry

Haha! I suspect you haven’t seen a quarter of it yet.

Perhaps I'm odd lol but I'm just not a judgmental person. If someone contacted me with a reasonable approach, I certainly wouldn't start judging them on the background of their photos! To me, that's just bizarre! Instead, I would engage them in a normal conversation, asking general, relevant questions and get to know them on a one to one level.

But on a serious level, judging someone on the background of their photos is just insane to me! Sorry"

No need to apologise. It surprised me when I read about the level of detail some people apply, but they do, and there’s lots of them. If you don’t want to play by other people’s rules that’s fine, but don’t complain when you get overlooked by those people.

By *ittle LunaCouple  over a year ago

London (future visits not now)

"

Advice that is unhelpful and incredibly irrelevant, such as what's on the wall! Poor guy! Why do us single guys have such a hard time here? "

Pics that show neglect are a turn off because they indicate people are likely to have low standards. Taking real examples - A guy who sends a pic of his cock hanging out in a filthy room full of kids toys and unwashed clothes with overflowing ashtrays or a cock covered in smegma and tissue paper or a bedroom full of gaming gear and posters like a teenager, and worst of all sitting on the loo at work... can be assesed accordingly.

THe WHOLE PURPOSE of pictures is to show other people what you are like so they can assess if you are right for them. Often they show very poor self awareness...

People should present their best images and if they show a lazy effort and that they don't even attend to their home then it suggests you woukd meet a lazy and dirty person ... Who wants a night of that?!

I really don't understand why you're going around taking such offense on behalf of others in these forums - it just looks like you hijack threads to present your own grievances.

OP has asked for advice and he's getting it and because of that he will have a better chance of success.

For all your posts about how people are too quick to judge - you're pretty quick to judge as well! I don't see you engaging in asking WHY it matters to people or accepting their answer without a further pronouncement from you.

All the time you dismiss the advice as unfair or superficial or 'shocking' and present grievances rather than ask questions and engaging, you'll learn nothing and your chances will be bleak.

"

Pics that show neglect are a turn off because they indicate people are likely to have low standards. Taking real examples - A guy who sends a pic of his cock hanging out in a filthy room full of kids toys and unwashed clothes with overflowing ashtrays or a cock covered in smegma and tissue paper or a bedroom full of gaming gear and posters like a teenager, and worst of all sitting on the loo at work... can be assesed accordingly.

THe WHOLE PURPOSE of pictures is to show other people what you are like so they can assess if you are right for them. Often they show very poor self awareness...

People should present their best images and if they show a lazy effort and that they don't even attend to their home then it suggests you woukd meet a lazy and dirty person ... Who wants a night of that?!

I really don't understand why you're going around taking such offense on behalf of others in these forums - it just looks like you hijack threads to present your own grievances.

OP has asked for advice and he's getting it and because of that he will have a better chance of success.

For all your posts about how people are too quick to judge - you're pretty quick to judge as well! I don't see you engaging in asking WHY it matters to people or accepting their answer without a further pronouncement from you.

All the time you dismiss the advice as unfair or superficial or 'shocking' and present grievances rather than ask questions and engaging, you'll learn nothing and your chances will be bleak. "

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I completely agree with your first paragraph! But seriously, there's a huge difference between what you described and the fact that someone had picked on the fact that this persons wall is a little worse for wear and could do with a lick of paint!

Leeds

"

there's a huge difference between what you described and the fact that someone had picked on the fact that this persons wall is a little worse for wear and could do with a lick of paint! "

There isn't ! Why couldn't he take a pic of his cock against a clean sheet rather than a tatty wall ? Makes a far better impression.

"

there's a huge difference between what you described and the fact that someone had picked on the fact that this persons wall is a little worse for wear and could do with a lick of paint!

There isn't ! Why couldn't he take a pic of his cock against a clean sheet rather than a tatty wall ? Makes a far better impression. "

Perhaps it's because he simply didn't realise that he would be judged on such a trivial thing! Personally, I certainly wouldn't imagine that people would judge me on something like that! Until now!

Leeds

"

Personally, I certainly wouldn't imagine that people would judge me on something like that! Until now! "

Single women wanting to meet really are able to take their pick from men on this site, so every little detail about your pics and profile makes a difference to who they choose to meet.

Fabville

"

Personally, I certainly wouldn't imagine that people would judge me on something like that! Until now!

Single women wanting to meet really are able to take their pick from men on this site, so every little detail about your pics and profile makes a difference to who they choose to meet. "

..and some guys never take well-meant advice!

By *harAndBryCouple  over a year ago

nr Stamford

"The reason why I can't accom is that I don't think my parents would appreciate me bring people over for hook ups "

Be up front and honest and say that. We'd much rather know that a guy has kids at home (so babysitter prevents him having guests) or lives with parents, than think (based on experience) that he's not single.

Bry (and Char)

» Add a new message to this topic