FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Meeting arranged then blocked

Meeting arranged then blocked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey,

Sorey for the rant, but I've not long been back on fab and already shocked at some of the more 'mature' people on here..

I've chatted to a lady for a week, who lives very close to me and we had agreed to meet. I messaged her this morning to see how her week was looking and have since been blocked!

This isn't the first time but what I dont understand is how come so many middle aged ladies have the time to sit on here all day, arrange to meet people and then block them. It really is beyond pathetic...

Does this happen a lot?

Some people on here are absolutely vile god knows why I rejoined!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’d say something didn’t seem right for her. Ladies are put in a dangerous position really, so if things aren’t feeling right for her, it’s best not to meet.

Ahh ok... I did think that but I'm very polite and a gentleman!

I know there are a lot of fakes on fab but I dont see why she'd waste a few days of her own time!

The mind boggles however thanks for your kind reply x

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Some men are just the same ...it is often a form of prick teasing, they like the attention but have no intention of meeting..

They feel safe messaging but I think lots of them are 'frightened'to meet.

Simply check out how long they have been on here and have no verifications.

It is annoying,but hang on in there as many genuine people who do meet.

By *hromosexualsCouple  over a year ago

Near Abercynon

It happens.

She probably just lost her bottle and clicking the block button is easier than explaining or apologising. Don’t take it personally, we are fairly new here but have learned that Fab is fickle.

By *ina VonteeseTV/TS  over a year ago

Leicester

Dont let it put you off darling.

Happens to lots of people.

I have a few over the years all enthusiastic then the sudden pang of guilt and they vanish into fresh air.

Only to pop up again in the future

and begin the same game ...so chalk it up to experience.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

Some people are just getting off on the prospect of meeting for sex and when it becomes too real they hit the block button to save themselves , it's also ambition far exceeding ability too , just counter block and move on

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Hi op sorry this happened,but that's what fab can be like

People would rather block than say they changed their minds.

Miss

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

It’s why people often stick to people verified by meet as at least there is some evidence that this isn’t just a fantasy that’ll never happen

Saying that I’ve heard of this from profiles with lots of veris so there’s no foolproof way of telling

It’s always frustrating, it isn’t always a reflection of you. I’m sorry this happened. It’s possible she had a change of heart and didn’t want to deal with confrontation. But it seems a lot lose their nerve. We don’t find verifications guarantee it won’t happen, as we have met a couple reliable people without any! . Good luck OP - Mrs

"I’d say something didn’t seem right for her. Ladies are put in a dangerous position really, so if things aren’t feeling right for her, it’s best not to meet. "
if its dangerous to be here then maybe you shouldnt be here......... i mean why put yourself at risk

By *ikingCoolMan  over a year ago

carmarthen

"I’d say something didn’t seem right for her. Ladies are put in a dangerous position really, so if things aren’t feeling right for her, it’s best not to meet. "
yes I agree but just say I am not ready yet or I have second thoughts and if then he gets abusive then block

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

I don't think it is a gender or age thing, I've lost count of how many times it has happened. There may have been a genuine reason or they were never serious, it's unlikely that you will ever know. It can be hard not to take personally but unfortunately that is the price of admission.

Thanks for each reply....

She was verified and I'm sure I remember her profile last time I was on so not a newbie for sure!

A little dis heartened by it but having seen some of the nice replies it does restore my faith a little

"Hey,

Sorey for the rant, but I've not long been back on fab and already shocked at some of the more 'mature' people on here..

I've chatted to a lady for a week, who lives very close to me and we had agreed to meet. I messaged her this morning to see how her week was looking and have since been blocked!

This isn't the first time but what I dont understand is how come so many middle aged ladies have the time to sit on here all day, arrange to meet people and then block them. It really is beyond pathetic...

Does this happen a lot?

"

Men do it too. Its not just women.. i dont understand why people dont cancel before blocking or no show

If the person is going to block they may as well just message to say sorry, changed my mind before they do it. Spineless but life on here unfortunately

I can imagine! Glad you're on the same page as me.

Ghosting, airing and blocking are epidemics of the social media age.

It's baffling, hurtful and cowardly. Don't take it personally...I always try and see it as a lucky escape!!

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Hey,

Does this happen a lot?

"

op the woman obviously changed her mind about meeting you thats just something you need to accept .

Was there a better way to let you know she was no longer interested yes there probably was but better at this stage rather than arranging to meet you then not turning up

Most likely it's probably a blessing you're right..

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

Unfortunately its common on here. Some loose the bottle.

Others don't intend to meet, its just a thrill for them.

That female might have been a male pretending -there are quite a few on here. Just keep trying.

By *oyo5053Man  over a year ago

Bridgwater

I had a similar experience recently ...had a few really good conversations with a woman from a couple ..sent pics each way arranged to meet in the next couple of days and then an hour before we were due to get together their profile was deleted ...I put it down to experience, then a few days later she/they popped back up again ..lots of apologising and excuses so I agreed to try again ..and yep you guessed it, a couple of hours before this meet they disappeared again, hmmm I don't think i'll wait for contact three ! lol

"I had a similar experience recently ...had a few really good conversations with a woman from a couple ..sent pics each way arranged to meet in the next couple of days and then an hour before we were due to get together their profile was deleted ...I put it down to experience, then a few days later she/they popped back up again ..lots of apologising and excuses so I agreed to try again ..and yep you guessed it, a couple of hours before this meet they disappeared again, hmmm I don't think i'll wait for contact three ! lol "

I wouldn't have given them the time of day, I'd have just blocked them, him probably lol

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

"I’d say something didn’t seem right for her. Ladies are put in a dangerous position really, so if things aren’t feeling right for her, it’s best not to meet. if its dangerous to be here then maybe you shouldnt be here......... i mean why put yourself at risk "

Yes, no middle ground at all there

Sadly the site is getting worse for fakes/non meters I'd say only about 10% of people actually meet.

Should be called fab chatters not swingers. Personally I'd delete any accounts not verified within 6 months.

doncaster

"Thanks for each reply....

She was verified and I'm sure I remember her profile last time I was on so not a newbie for sure!

A little dis heartened by it but having seen some of the nice replies it does restore my faith a little"

plus take onboard that I'd say most of us on this site has experienced the same , just chalk up to yet another fickle fab swinger and keep ur chin up

By *irkydirkyMan  over a year ago

Stevenage

"Hey,

Does this happen a lot?

"

Seeing as you’re a guy, you will be told that she changed her mind and just didn’t want to meet and she is entitled to that and she may have thought you were unsafe and will not take risks,

If you were a female, then there would be outrage at how rude people could be and dozens of people saying that they would never cancel on you and it’s their loss.. but I guess you can decide which you prefer

I suspect many no shows or blocking are down to the profiles being fake. At least interact on web cam to prove they are real, I insist on it

doncaster

"Hey,

Does this happen a lot?

Seeing as you’re a guy, you will be told that she changed her mind and just didn’t want to meet and she is entitled to that and she may have thought you were unsafe and will not take risks,

If you were a female, then there would be outrage at how rude people could be and dozens of people saying that they would never cancel on you and it’s their loss.. but I guess you can decide which you prefer "

sad but true , I have seen this on the forums many times

"Hey,

Does this happen a lot?

"

What does she have to do with someone arranging a meet and blocking you?

People of all ages do that on here. It’s not right, but it’s not specific to any age range.

"Hey,

Does this happen a lot?

If you were a female, then there would be outrage at how rude people could be and dozens of people saying that they would never cancel on you and it’s their loss.. but I guess you can decide which you prefer "

It’s rude for any gender to do it.

If you’ve arranged a meet with someone and have changed your mind it’s common courtesy to let the other person know.

By *omvampmMan  over a year ago

gillingham

"Ghosting, airing and blocking are epidemics of the social media age.

It's baffling, hurtful and cowardly. Don't take it personally...I always try and see it as a lucky escape!!

"

What this beautiful lady says I totally agree with

I think sadly it happerns a lot as others say a lot of fakes and people just on here with no intention to meet for whatever reason they just wana chat flirt even pic collect which would be fine if they were open and said what they wanted from start

Also to be fair again as others said the person may have just felt something wasn't rite and rather than confront you or say took the easy option out

The main point is you know yourself your intentions were good and honest so you shouldn't take it personally there are some really nice genuine fun people on here still parents will see you cross paths with them mate

By *omvampmMan  over a year ago

gillingham

Patents not parents lol

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Just try not to get bitter about it and put it behind you. This sort of thing happens to loads of people on fab (singles and couples) all the time. I know its disheartening, especially when the other person/s can't put their big boy/girl pants on and explain like an adult they've simply changed their mind. But holding bitterness however much it sucks just does no good. Stay positive and keep seeking new adventures.

By *ancelot1633Man  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Shit happens, don’t dwell and move on.

Since when has any type of courtship gone smoothly, isn’t it all part of the fascination of fabbing?

Couple admitted to me that they plan meets get 6 to 12 guys to respond and then pick who they want to meet on the night.

Alas this site amongst others is going down hill fast,just compare meets page hardly any meets posted.

Think some of the people on here are genuine! but there`s no courtesy,and far far too many wannabe ego trippers and pic collectors.

for the genuine polite guys couples etc on here alas your in the minority this is a Swinging site for like minded people is it not becoming more like facebook social site.

Answer no idea unless it becomes a pay membership site

By *sagent81Man  over a year ago

leeds

This is very normal I am afraid.

I had this happen to me this week.

Chatted for a few days, arranged to meet, then blocked.

As someone suggested, some women probably lead on many guys then just pick one and block the others.

It's incredibly selfish but not uncommon.

By *izzy99Couple  over a year ago

TAMWORTH

It's not just women, men are also as bad.Had Been chatting to a chap for about 3wks, we arranged to meet up tomorrow, went to message him today to make sure he was still ok to make it and low and behold he'd blocked us. I'd rather he had said he'd changed his mind, that I wasn't his type but no. I'd love to put his name up so as no one else is let down by this time waster but I won't

"It's not just women, men are also as bad.Had Been chatting to a chap for about 3wks, we arranged to meet up tomorrow, went to message him today to make sure he was still ok to make it and low and behold he'd blocked us. I'd rather he had said he'd changed his mind, that I wasn't his type but no. I'd love to put his name up so as no one else is let down by this time waster but I won't "

It's a shame it has happened to you two, but it's much easier for you to find another man on here.

I guess she changed her mind and frankly by your post OP its easy to see why.

By *arkndirtyMan  over a year ago

sale

There are loads of fantasists on here but after a while they get a reputation. Even if they create a new profile people remember. Some women and men I know found this to their cost when they initiated chats, requests for meets with people they previously treated like shit but had forgotten and with new profiles. Karma.

Some will block you rather than replying because they simply don't fancy you and are taking a precaution against you messaging them over and over again.

If I message someone and my message gets deleted, I block them simply to stop me from bothering them again.

Usually the same if I get a polite reply too.

Blocking is just one of the tools of fab. Don't take it too personally

By *anmyraWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

"Some will block you rather than replying because they simply don't fancy you and are taking a precaution against you messaging them over and over again.

If I message someone and my message gets deleted, I block them simply to stop me from bothering them again.

Usually the same if I get a polite reply too.

Blocking is just one of the tools of fab. Don't take it too personally"

That's a really good way to look at it actually, thanks I hadnt considered people doing it to avoid messaging people again.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I'm not sure it makes them absolutely vile just because they changed their mind and didn't tell you,you clearly wasn't that important in the big scheme of thing's.

"Sadly the site is getting worse for fakes/non meters I'd say only about 10% of people actually meet.

Should be called fab chatters not swingers. Personally I'd delete any accounts not verified within 6 months."

i just read my meter need to put more money in damn it

"Hey,

Does this happen a lot?

"

Have you tried meeting younger women?

If you find middle aged women to be Time wasters.....

Give the younger women a shot....

"Hey,

Does this happen a lot?

"

try speaking to women you meet out, you may have more success this internet domain is not for everyone you know

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

People change their minds and ideally where both sides have agreed the full details of a meet, they will communicate if there are changes as far in advance ad possible.sometimes people get confused with a tentative outline plan and a definite meet though.

If people don't follow through with a fully agreed meet - a no show - then report to admin.

Conflating opinion on how much time people of a specific age and gender have to use fab isn't really fair - our own lives are for each of us to use as we went to.

Considering our own selection criteria is what is important - and remembering that others have other priorities too.

Had this happen to me recently. Funny thing is, she was pushing for the meet then on the day blocked me. Just returned the favour and blocked her as well. Funny thing she already gave me all her details which out of courtesy i instanly deleted. If you dont want to meet its no problem. We all mature adults, blocking seems like the cowardly way out to me personally but to each his/her own.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I’d say something didn’t seem right for her. Ladies are put in a dangerous position really, so if things aren’t feeling right for her, it’s best not to meet. yes I agree but just say I am not ready yet or I have second thoughts and if then he gets abusive then block"

Probably blocked to avoid abuse in the first place

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Sadly the site is getting worse for fakes/non meters I'd say only about 10% of people actually meet.

Should be called fab chatters not swingers. Personally I'd delete any accounts not verified within 6 months."

Some aren't bothered by or don't want veris, their choice. They maybe just here to stay in touch with friends or use forums and cams, why should they have their accounts deleted because of the way they choose to use the site?!

This has happened to me a couple of times - I took advice from a really good friend I met thru fab and what I do now is say I need to speak to u on the phone first - just a quick call to confirm meet - you would be so surprised as to how many folk suddenly decide they can’t meet - I say to folk that if a potential meet is genuinely interested in you a quick 30 second call should not be an issue

"Hey,

Does this happen a lot?

"

It happened to me after booking a hotel room as asked.

I made my first friends with a couple on Friday night, all going very well. I told them i was going away for the weekend and would message them further this week. They seemed very happy about this and pleased to take things at a gentle pace and agreed to exchange further details this week. I then wrote a lovely message to them at at 8pm on Monday only to find I'd been blocked. Whilst I was disappointed I assumed it was one of those things but then realised I'd been messaged and called a time waster and was responsible for giving the site a bad name. Sorry for the rant but being as an older single guy I'm not likely to get many chances and I really can't see what I've done to justify being called a time waster. And now I've still got no friends,

doncaster

"I made my first friends with a couple on Friday night, all going very well. I told them i was going away for the weekend and would message them further this week. They seemed very happy about this and pleased to take things at a gentle pace and agreed to exchange further details this week. I then wrote a lovely message to them at at 8pm on Monday only to find I'd been blocked. Whilst I was disappointed I assumed it was one of those things but then realised I'd been messaged and called a time waster and was responsible for giving the site a bad name. Sorry for the rant but being as an older single guy I'm not likely to get many chances and I really can't see what I've done to justify being called a time waster. And now I've still got no friends, "
it certainly won't be ur last similar experience , just move on to the next

"Hey,

Does this happen a lot?

"

one we are not all middle aged sitting on here all day ta muchly! How rude to assume!

And to assume that some people are vile again how rude!

"Had this happen to me recently. Funny thing is, she was pushing for the meet then on the day blocked me. Just returned the favour and blocked her as well. Funny thing she already gave me all her details which out of courtesy i instanly deleted. If you dont want to meet its no problem. We all mature adults, blocking seems like the cowardly way out to me personally but to each his/her own."

some guys do make it a problem when we say No ...

accept it for what it is and move on

life is for enjoying not ranting or arguing the toss who blocked who on here

it happens to couples too, we arranged a gb with atleast 10 guys and a two couples, they were all verified, and all very keen, one guy turned up lol

By *ifeandhubby400Couple  over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

Happened to us Twice ,do they get off on leading you on ? we dont have time to do that and wouldnt to anyone

By *jr41Couple  over a year ago

Wiltshire

Defo happens to couples as well. Happened to us 3 times so far, 1 meet arranged for tomorrow but who knows if that happens. We're newbies and looking for a particular single man but apparently they are all too busy after chatting and arranging to meet. Wife is starting to get a little fed up with it all.

By *ifeandhubby400Couple  over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

"Defo happens to couples as well. Happened to us 3 times so far, 1 meet arranged for tomorrow but who knows if that happens. We're newbies and looking for a particular single man but apparently they are all too busy after chatting and arranging to meet. Wife is starting to get a little fed up with it all."
Wait till she get 4 time wasters in a row ,nature of the site im afraid and i nearly gave up too ,but sort through the rubbish you will find a treasure or two ..

Yep. Two meets arranged, both gone on the missing list. Pointless waste of time.

I will never let anyone down on a meet. I was invited to a naughty partY tomorrow night but have a family event tomorrow. I explained and they’re fine about it and I’m invited to the next one

"Hey,

Does this happen a lot?

one we are not all middle aged sitting on here all day ta muchly! How rude to assume!

And to assume that some people are vile again how rude! "

I think he posted this thread when he was angry

Could always report her to admin, but nothing ever comes of it

I believe someone already reported OP is unlo

» Add a new message to this topic