FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Advice please

Advice please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi despite getting regular comments about the quality of my pictures and, indeed, verifications to confirm that I'm 'real', I still rarely get messages from women. This, I would imagine, is in part due to the overwhelming presence of single men on this forum; meaning that women often don't have to send out any messages because their own in-boxes are constantly full.

However, another reason could be the quality of the written content of my profile ... I know this is lacking. Yet, is there a formula for writing these? - I doubt it - must of it will be in the eye of the beholder.

However, I would ask if anyone feels that there is some vital information missing or anything that might make the profile more appealing to single women and couples.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond.

Cheers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

we're all in the same boat mate,loads of guys on here

"we're all in the same boat mate,loads of guys on here"

Thought that might be the case; cheers for responding though.

"we're all in the same boat mate,loads of guys on here

Thought that might be the case; cheers for responding though. "

just make sure you put in a good show when you do get meet lol

go in chat rooms and just speak to ppl get to know them too.I'd suggest.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

When the question is asked on here youll see from the replies that very few women take the initiative to message guys and instead expect them to do the running.

There is no secret formula to profiles but I read yours and it doesnt tell me anything about what you are looking for, or what you have to offer.

'Open-minded' covers a multitude of sins, and what you consider to be open-minded might not be my definition.....

But whatever you put it has to be YOUR profile, 'formula' profiles stand out a mile, but for all the wrong reasons.

Good luck

I must admit I rarely message people so it could be they are waiting for you to message. You do have great pics and I see nothing wrong with your profile. Good luck x

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Hi despite getting regular comments about the quality of my pictures and, indeed, verifications to confirm that I'm 'real', I still rarely get messages from women. This, I would imagine, is in part due to the overwhelming presence of single men on this forum; meaning that women often don't have to send out any messages because their own in-boxes are constantly full.

However, another reason could be the quality of the written content of my profile ... I know this is lacking. Yet, is there a formula for writing these? - I doubt it - must of it will be in the eye of the beholder.

However, I would ask if anyone feels that there is some vital information missing or anything that might make the profile more appealing to single women and couples.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond.

Cheers "

probably because your profile for all the "buzz" words in it, actually doesn't say anything at all.......

case in point.....

if i were a woman or a couple and was thinking "hmmmm" how would i know we were for you....

answer is... you wouldn't..... you don't mention anything about the type of people you are after at all..... in fact you don't really say much about yourself at all.....

give people a clue.... they don't tend to be mindreaders.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

i think you are looking too deeply, you answered your own question by saying women dont need to send unsolicited messages.

If we want a meet with a guy we put it on our status and trawl through the replies, or contact someone we have already met. There is no need to be randomly contacting people.

I think you're doing quite well so far. You've received positive feedback from a lot of women on the forum, you also had already a meet - more than many men on here can say.

I hardly ever send first time messages, so I don't think you should wait for women to approach you. Take your time, go through the profiles and send thoughtful messages. In my personal experience, a clever and funny subject field helps to get my attention. Reference some of your message to what they say in their profile. This proofs that you have taken the time and interest to read it.

You write in your profile that winks are no good. Why not? You complain that you don't get any messages, so why not replying to the wink?

Add maybe a bit more information to your profile about what turns you on, without being too graphic. Wit and humour is always good too. Don't take yourself too and the site too seriously.

Good luck

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

imvho

possibly better to speculatively message a few... search out those with the right attributes and study closely then send each one an individually penned message?

that bit about 'swapping pictures' can I suggest Exchange as picture swapping conjures something that can be negatively construed...

Wolf

I think saying something about the type of people you wish to meet would help.

A lot of females will look at your pics and verifications and think he'd never want to meet me

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

For my two pence worth,

It has to reflect who you are, it also has to inform people what you are looking for, and what you're going to give them..

I consider my profile to be a work in progress, I take things out, add things, change a word that is more suitable or appropriate....

I read a few guys profiles, as well as ladies and couples, It can give you ideas of what should be in a profile, you'll have to write it put your particular slant on the words.. as I said before it should reflect you..

Cheers everybody, I'm sure these threads get tiresome but I've made some changes that reflect me and my personality and I'll just keep working on it over time - I'm not overly bothered either way to be honest but like everybody else I'd like to have some fun on here

Forum Mod

I like what ive read but you need to read it again,at the end of one paragraph it tails off as though you hav'nt finsished what your saying

"I must admit I rarely message people so it could be they are waiting for you to message. You do have great pics and I see nothing wrong with your profile. Good luck x"
We've never messaged a guy. Not being big headed, but there's no need, plenty message us each day. Having said that, if the message is a one liner with crap grammar and poor spelling, we won't respond, might sound pathetic but it's our personal choice. We do message sexy couples though.

Nice pics, tidy profile and if u messages me I would probably respond though but far away for me x

As a single woman on here I don't need to send messages as I get all I need, think its that way for most. I have sent 2 messages to guys due to a status update but both were not interested in my profile so it works both ways

Good luck with ur new profile x

"I like what ive read but you need to read it again,at the end of one paragraph it tails off as though you hav'nt finsished what your saying "

Which paragraph?

No worries I've sorted it

» Add a new message to this topic