FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > A polite thanks

A polite thanks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I'm very appreciative of some kind comments I get in my inbox, but whenever I reply with a thank you, it's taken as an indication that I wish to chat, and ends up being a conversation that I never wanted to start as I don't feel that it is someone who would fit it with my prefrences.

I feel rude though if I receive a compliment and don't respond with a thank you. Is there, maybe another way to thank someone but it not seem as an opening for a conversation?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm very appreciative of some kind comments I get in my inbox, but whenever I reply with a thank you, it's taken as an indication that I wish to chat, and ends up being a conversation that I never wanted to start as I don't feel that it is someone who would fit it with my prefrences.

I feel rude though if I receive a compliment and don't respond with a thank you. Is there, maybe another way to thank someone but it not seem as an opening for a conversation?"

I am so with you on this...seems if one doesn't reply it's rude but if we do....it's seen as a signal to start messaging.....

I'm not sure of a solution. Ignore and they'll get the message eventually I guess....

By *eb77Man  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"I'm very appreciative of some kind comments I get in my inbox, but whenever I reply with a thank you, it's taken as an indication that I wish to chat, and ends up being a conversation that I never wanted to start as I don't feel that it is someone who would fit it with my prefrences.

I feel rude though if I receive a compliment and don't respond with a thank you. Is there, maybe another way to thank someone but it not seem as an opening for a conversation?"

This happens to us guys too, if the message is polite, I will try to respond with a thanks but will add that unfortunately they’re not what I’m looking for and wish them luck and happy Fabbing.

You do get the occasional “negotiatior”, and the random offers of mysterious girlfriends that don’t appear in the profile, but mostly it will end there you may even get a thanks for letting them know.

I think the worst thing to do is just say thanks, that makes them think they have a foot in the door.

Sometimes I put a status up thanking people collectively for their compliments or fabs..no individual names..it saves the one to one interaction..

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Maybe I should just say

"I'm not looking to chat but I appreciate your kind words"

"Maybe I should just say

"I'm not looking to chat but I appreciate your kind words""

I tend to say thanks and delete their message. Half the time it's understood. The other times it depends on the response back from their side.

Just send back a thumbs up then delete the message.

I used to say "Thanks. Enjoy fab".

Some men would get it and wished me the same. Others didn't and started a conversation. I then had to say that "sorry but you're not my type" and I got a response such as "Why bother replying to me then..."

So I stopped. I just delete. It might be rude but hey. Saves everyone time and energy.

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Mines usually.

Thankyou, very flattered. Not meeting at the moment. Happy fabbing xx

Often get a ‘can we chat though’ or ‘will you make sure you mail me first when you are’ neither are really feasible. Maybe some will see me as rude or mean for not just having a general inbox chit chat but I don’t have the time for that

just say thanks and leave it at that, if i receive one word messages i take it that they aren't interested anyway

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

They are not genuine compliments though, mainly socially inept men who want a wet dick.

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

We always say ,'thanks but sorry we not looking for single men" and we still get the odd "that's your loss"

By *atchusplay1000Couple  over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

Politeness costs nothing...

Unfortunately rudeness also costs nothing.

But polite is always best.

What ever you do you can't win.

Someone complements and you say thanks then they take it as a green light as interested.

You say no thank they say they didn't ask for anything (Even though they included multiple photos.

You say thanks but no thanks you get but why?

You ignore and you get abuse for ignoring.

I have to say though the two faced people who say its rude not to reply are just hypocrites as they don't reply to every bit of junk mail or fishing email.

Oh my god this is a story of my life!!!!! I respond to not be rude and then get badgered into a conversation!

And if I ignore I’m bombarded with how rude am I to ignore!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Van you not just say 'thsnk you for your kind words, I'm flattered but not interested in taking this further. I wish you well on fab'

Seems to sum up the interaction perfectly.

You could also then block them.

I’m guilty of this. Sorry! Definitely a case of reading the first reply carefully.

By *ongleggedfemaleWoman  over a year ago

Bucks

This is the problem with replying. I love the messages and compliments but stopped saying thank you personally years ago as it just becomes a two and fro conversation which you dont want.

"Maybe I should just say

"I'm not looking to chat but I appreciate your kind words""

This would work with me.

I'd probably follow it up with a message saying thanks for the reply and wish them luck.

A bit of general respect and politeness would be nice to see on here more often.

I do realise though that some people find it just easier to not reply.

» Add a new message to this topic