FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Advice for single guys

Advice for single guys

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well, I went to a club a few times, never really tried to play, but got approached to play but sadly they wasn't my type, we chatted though and got told about this site. so I joined up expecting it to be more successful than it is lol.

I'm finding a lot of my messages get ignored, which is ok, no one should feel inclined to reply, but maybe its me and what I'm saying, I'm not asking what to say as that wouldn't be me and I would be false then, but I am quite a gentlemen and maybe my messageds aren't vulgar enough? lol

What kind of messages makes you reply? bold and vulgar or just a generea; chity chatty message

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"Well, I went to a club a few times, never really tried to play, but got approached to play but sadly they wasn't my type, we chatted though and got told about this site. so I joined up expecting it to be more successful than it is lol.

I'm finding a lot of my messages get ignored, which is ok, no one should feel inclined to reply, but maybe its me and what I'm saying, I'm not asking what to say as that wouldn't be me and I would be false then, but I am quite a gentlemen and maybe my messageds aren't vulgar enough? lol

What kind of messages makes you reply? bold and vulgar or just a generea; chity chatty message"

Try checking spelling and get rid of the negative stuff saying things about other guys won't go down well with most people especially as they may be proven genuine and you are not

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This may not help much but here goes: bold and vulgar messages (wanna fuck) = ignore

general chit chat (hi, hows you two) = ignore

Something witty, different or interesting will get a reply (maybe not a fuck, lol) but definately a reply

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I prefer general, chatty messages, make me laugh and you're more likely to get a response. I don't mean with some lame ass joke, a guy pm'd me the other day asking my thoughts on stew. Made me giggle enough to reply.

However, your profile would put me off replying to you. I don't like reading smut on profiles, but that's just me .

thanks for the replies!

I am going to take the 'smut off' lol never write a profile when your feeling frisky haha lesson learnt.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Looks a bit odd having yourself as your only friend though...

What do you mean?

cwmbran

"thanks for the replies!

I am going to take the 'smut off' lol never write a profile when your feeling frisky haha lesson learnt."

ignore the rest of the advice

cwmbran

"Looks a bit odd having yourself as your only friend though..."

well spotted

"thanks for the replies!

I am going to take the 'smut off' lol never write a profile when your feeling frisky haha lesson learnt.

ignore the rest of the advice "

Sorry, i wasn't, just trying to get through it all lol But yeah, checking spelling is a great idea! I usually type to quick and fail to notice mistakes.

"This may not help much but here goes: bold and vulgar messages (wanna fuck) = ignore

Something witty, different or interesting will get a reply (maybe not a fuck, lol) but definately a reply "

Thanks! nice advice there! I do really only send messages to people to who seem to have the same thing in common, I guess it might just be on how I look, attraction is the key too I guess.

"Looks a bit odd having yourself as your only friend though...

well spotted "

Just found that myself! Sorted that out now! god know's what I'm doing lol

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"Well, I went to a club a few times, never really tried to play, but got approached to play but sadly they wasn't my type, we chatted though and got told about this site. so I joined up expecting it to be more successful than it is lol.

What kind of messages makes you reply? bold and vulgar or just a generea; chity chatty message"

say something interesting, even better make me laugh...vulgar and boring chit chat are likely to get the message deleted ...

[Removed by poster at 03/04/12 19:16:09]

My top tip is,forget it,there's more chance of a lottery win than hooking up around here!!

And cue the "no wonder with that profile gang"

Seriously,the odds are stacked against you,about 400 to 1 is my guess.

Then factor in the guys who are pretending to be women the guys who are pretending to be couples and your looking at 500 to 1!!

But having said that,there are real people out there and you only need to meet a few to have fun.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"And cue the "no wonder with that profile gang""

Well, whoever this gang is they have a point. I'd say single guys with no pics are going to have very little chance.

My advice...Don't ask for it.

People will tell you how to write a message in accordance to what they like to receive and everyone has their own idea on "the perfect message. "One person's idea of witty is another person's cringworthy.

The only thing all this advice has in common is to be friendly, polite and personal to the person you're messaging.

Other than that, you're hoping they had a good day at work/Not in a bad mood. LOL

The odds are against us, but so what? If you use this site as your sole way of getting sex as a guy then you are likely to be disappointed.

Instead just try and sit back, enjoy the forums, get on the chat pages and send out the odd message now and again to profiles that catch your attention (not when horny!).

TLDR: Use this site to enhance you fun, not your only source of fun.

"The odds are against us, but so what? If you use this site as your sole way of getting sex as a guy then you are likely to be disappointed.

Instead just try and sit back, enjoy the forums, get on the chat pages and send out the odd message now and again to profiles that catch your attention (not when horny!).

TLDR: Use this site to enhance you fun, not your only source of fun."

good advice

"The odds are against us, but so what? If you use this site as your sole way of getting sex as a guy then you are likely to be disappointed.

Totally agree

TLDR: Use this site to enhance you fun, not your only source of fun."

"Looks a bit odd having yourself as your only friend though..."

Nice pics by the way

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

"Well, I went to a club a few times, never really tried to play, but got approached to play but sadly they wasn't my type"

With that one line you have already set yourself apart from the masses! Although loads will deny it, “any holes a goal” can be heard as a mantra, echoing across the empty halls of the single male meeting points! You have backed away from sex because you held out for YOUR preference!

I do have just one criticism of you updated profile.. Age range, ditch the “99” and actually pick an age. To us, it just looks like you will accept anyone, even though you have a lower limit! Those that put “18 to 99” just sound desperate for any shag and when coupled with “looks unimportant” well that just confirms it!

Just one more thing. I wouldn’t know whether I meet your criteria or not. I have nothing to go on, so do you like petite, medium or large ladies? We refuse to believe that any man doesn’t really have a preference. I have never meet anyone in vanilla land who says they love every shape and size! By all means blur the edges, but you must have something to go by if I am looking for a man. xx

I'm finding a lot of my messages get ignored, which is ok, no one should feel inclined to reply, but maybe its me and what I'm saying, I'm not asking what to say as that wouldn't be me and I

would be false then, but I am quite a gentlemen and maybe my messageds aren't vulgar enough? lol

It's horses for courses on here mate. I have had replies from ' wanna fuck ' one liners and also from more thoughtful approaches. Timing us very important aswell , people are looking for different things at different times. If all else fails copy and paste and blitz as many messages as you can, your bound to get a reply .

"My top tip is,forget it,there's more chance of a lottery win than hooking up around here!!

Seriously,the odds are stacked against you,about 400 to 1 is my guess.

Then factor in the guys who are pretending to be women the guys who are pretending to be couples and your looking at 500 to 1!!

But having said that,there are real people out there and you only need to meet a few to have fun."

Bollocks. I've had meets aplenty which were nothing but bliss...

Sadly though I've never won the lottery...

Thats that theory in tatters...

usally i stick to just being polite still dont hardley any replies,like the last post keep on messaging someone will reply.

"This may not help much but here goes: bold and vulgar messages (wanna fuck) = ignore

Something witty, different or interesting will get a reply (maybe not a fuck, lol) but definately a reply "

"

But having said that,there are real people out there and you only need to meet a few to have fun."

Not part of a "profile gang" jut giving advice from a personal perspective.

It's very true, you really only do need to meet a few to have fun

Thank you everyone for input on this thread, great stuff x

"

But having said that,there are real people out there and you only need to meet a few to have fun.

Not part of a "profile gang" jut giving advice from a personal perspective.

It's very true, you really only do need to meet a few to have fun "

Can't emphasise that enough. The whole sell is so important. We've met some fantastic people because they immediately stood out from the rest and then proven themselves to be just the kind of pleasure-seekers we were looking for. That said, there must still be a proportion of people like that or 'that good' that just don't come across on the profile or initial message, and go unknown, which (to us anyway), is a real shame.

@op wish you every success, cos there's plenty of the right people out there, just depends who's about...

Wolf

"Well, I went to a club a few times, never really tried to play, but got approached to play but sadly they wasn't my type

With that one line you have already set yourself apart from the masses! Although loads will deny it, “any holes a goal” can be heard as a mantra, echoing across the empty halls of the single male meeting points! You have backed away from sex because you held out for YOUR preference!

I do have just one criticism of you updated profile.. Age range, ditch the “99” and actually pick an age. To us, it just looks like you will accept anyone, even though you have a lower limit! Those that put “18 to 99” just sound desperate for any shag and when coupled with “looks unimportant” well that just confirms it!

Just one more thing. I wouldn’t know whether I meet your criteria or not. I have nothing to go on, so do you like petite, medium or large ladies? We refuse to believe that any man doesn’t really have a preference. I have never meet anyone in vanilla land who says they love every shape and size! By all means blur the edges, but you must have something to go by if I am looking for a man. xx "

I can't just go with anyone, I physically can't get erect if I'm not attracted to someone, I don't know if that's normal or not, most men I talk to say they can have sex with anything. So I don't know how they do it, there has been times where I have fancied someone, but still didn't feel right due to the atmosphere of being around each other, basically if I don't get a click with someone's looks and personality I just cant stand to attention lol

now my age range, I seem to have problems with fancying people under 35, someone could be 30, have amazing body, beautiful etc but I don't ever look at them in a sexual way. I love older women, their attitude and outlook, the way they look, dress, speak, the more mature the better, I have been dating matre women since I was 18. Mostly double my age. Maybe it's the fantasy of it. But mature women rock my boat lol

see now with my criteria in size is different, I like women upto a size 14 - 16, it depends on them, someone women look great at a size 10, some look great at a size 16, it depends how they act and dress I guess, again I think it down to chemistry, I think thats most important to me. Am I weird?

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"My advice...Don't ask for it.

People will tell you how to write a message in accordance to what they like to receive and everyone has their own idea on "the perfect message. "One person's idea of witty is another person's cringworthy.

The only thing all this advice has in common is to be friendly, polite and personal to the person you're messaging.

Other than that, you're hoping they had a good day at work/Not in a bad mood. LOL "

Very well said

"My advice...Don't ask for it.

Other than that, you're hoping they had a good day at work/Not in a bad mood. LOL

Very well said

"

Agree'd. I have a much better insight of all this now. Thanks everyone for all your input.

*group hug*

» Add a new message to this topic