FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Face picture requests as a condition of replying?

Face picture requests as a condition of replying?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *armupartist OP   Man  over a year ago

York

I recently wanted to contact a couple (with no pics on their profile) but their profile requested a face pic with a first message otherwise that message would be deleted? I would normally establish that there was genuine interest (via chat) before sending a face pic. Do others (or you) considered it reasonable to ask for a face pic with the initial approach?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why wouldn’t you want someone you are interested in to se what you look like?

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"I recently wanted to contact a couple (with no pics on their profile) but their profile requested a face pic with a first message otherwise that message would be deleted? I would normally establish that there was genuine interest (via chat) before sending a face pic. Do others (or you) considered it reasonable to ask for a face pic with the initial approach?"

I do because I'm not interested in chatting to a faceless person.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

I always ask for a face pic within the first few messages and always send mine in return even if I'm not interested in meeting

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

If you don't think it's a reasonable request just move on and perhaps block so they don't keep appearing in your search results.

When I am playing, I don't even read messages from profiles that either don't send a face pic, or have one on their profile... But I have my face visible then. I do get it tho, I wouldn't want to get into a conversation without knowing if I was attracted to someone first.

TBH messaging a profile with little or no pictures just smacks of desperation anyway, we wouldn’t bother messaging those profiles. Those that insist on a face pic in the first message we don’t bother with either.

No I don't think it's reasonable and I won't send one. I won't mail them either because we're not compatible.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"No I don't think it's reasonable and I won't send one. I won't mail them either because we're not compatible. "

What do you feel isn't reasonable about it?

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

"I always ask for a face pic within the first few messages and always send mine in return even if I'm not interested in meeting "

Having said this i probably wouldn't bother contacting any profile that didn't have any pictures at all

I do think that to have no face pic and request one as a condition of considering a reply is a bit harsh... but have you seen how many messages some girls get... they need to filter things out somehow

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's one of many filters. Ultimately facial attraction is one very common determination, so it's not unreasonable.

York

"Why wouldn’t you want someone you are interested in to se what you look like?"

I am happy for them to see what I look like bit they have no pics on their profile themselves.

Also they live nearby which could be a problem until we established contact/interest

By *unlovingx2Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Sending face pics are, along with arranging and attending a first meet, the most risky thing you can do here, and for us we only exchange face pics after establishing, that we are looking for the same experiences, and after a certain amount of trust has been built up, and after excluding that the person were speaking too is not family, a neighbour or close work colleague. Like many on here we prefer personality over looks, so a face pic is the last thing on our list, of meet clinchers.

I think it's unreasonable when people are very quiet and are not willing to tell you anything about themselves yet demand a face pic.

"No I don't think it's reasonable and I won't send one. I won't mail them either because we're not compatible.

What do you feel isn't reasonable about it?"

Because I won't send one. They could be anyone.

"Sending face pics are, along with arranging and attending a first meet, the most risky thing you can do here, and for us we only exchange face pics after establishing, that we are looking for the same experiences, and after a certain amount of trust has been built up, and after excluding that the person were speaking too is not family, a neighbour or close work colleague. Like many on here we prefer personality over looks, so a face pic is the last thing on our list, of meet clinchers. "

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

You wouldn't chat up a girl at a bar with a balaclava on your head! Face pics are vitally important on first message I think.

York

Thanks all, a mixed response. The couples profile is of interest but they are close to me so I would at least hope to establish a little more about them and to see if we have mutual interests beyond the boxes we have ticked on our profiles before revealing my identity.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

We are happy to share face pics with people we are chatting to. But we wouldn’t send them first, and we wouldn’t ask anyone to send them to us. We don’t put pressure on people. If we feel like we’d like to meet, then we exchange photos.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I recently wanted to contact a couple (with no pics on their profile) but their profile requested a face pic with a first message otherwise that message would be deleted? I would normally establish that there was genuine interest (via chat) before sending a face pic. Do others (or you) considered it reasonable to ask for a face pic with the initial approach?"

People to use different ways of filtering out their messages as they can't possibly reply to everybody.

If you don't fit in with their preference which in this case include sending a face picture with your first message, then very simply move onto the next profile that suits you better. I don't think they are being unreasonable, they are trying to make sure they have interest in the people they reply to and that's how they do it.

York

"Sending face pics are, along with arranging and attending a first meet, the most risky thing you can do here, and for us we only exchange face pics after establishing, that we are looking for the same experiences, and after a certain amount of trust has been built up, and after excluding that the person were speaking too is not family, a neighbour or close work colleague. Like many on here we prefer personality over looks, so a face pic is the last thing on our list, of meet clinchers. "

This best expresses my concerns, thank you.

"Thanks all, a mixed response. The couples profile is of interest but they are close to me so I would at least hope to establish a little more about them and to see if we have mutual interests beyond the boxes we have ticked on our profiles before revealing my identity. "

They demand a face pic, you don't want to send one. You're just not compatible.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

To me, a profile/message without a face pic means untrustworthy. Simples!!!

"To me, a profile/message without a face pic means untrustworthy. Simples!!!"

Why do you think that?

Some people have nothing to hide but they're not going to send their face to everyone without having some initial conversation first.

To me, a profile/ message with a face pic means they might not care about privacy or discretion.

"To me, a profile/message without a face pic means untrustworthy. Simples!!!

Why do you think that?

Some people have nothing to hide but they're not going to send their face to everyone without having some initial conversation first."

But what's the problem with sending a face pic if there is nothing to hide? It's not like you are doing anything illegal. I'm not being confrontational here, I just don't understand why people won't send face pics. Surely it's the thing that attracts most?

To me, a profile/ message with a face pic means they might not care about privacy or discretion."

Mavis, are you saying you would meet someone without seeing their face?

That’s so funny guess with over 500 meets we are still untrustworthy eh? Damn if only we’d known! We’d have plastered our face pics all over fab and had more meets, on a serious note, you have face pics in your profile so we would send face pics with our first message if you were of interest, but that’s a side issue

Why do you think that?

Some people have nothing to hide but they're not going to send their face to everyone without having some initial conversation first.

But what's the problem with sending a face pic if there is nothing to hide? It's not like you are doing anything illegal. I'm not being confrontational here, I just don't understand why people won't send face pics. Surely it's the thing that attracts most? "

Some people don't want to be the village gossip. Some people don't want to be sacked. Some people don't want their kids to be laughed at because their parents are perverts.

Some people don't want to send a face pic to someone they haven't chatted to and gained some kind of trust that the other person isn't going to use it against them.

To me, a profile/ message with a face pic means they might not care about privacy or discretion.

Mavis, are you saying you would meet someone without seeing their face? "

no

no"

Ah OK, understood, you mean face pics on first message or profile? Suppose it depends on your personal circumstances and where you live. I don't insist on face pic on first message but do require one early on, saves wasting time if there is no attraction though.

By *enniferJayXXXTV/TS  over a year ago

Stoke-On-Trent

I state on my profile to include a face pic. Why would I want to talk to someone I may not have a attraction too? It's perfectly normal for people to request a face picture

Ive not long had a couple message me and requested face pics. If i had messaged them first of course I would send..but to message me and then ask me if I could send before they would seemed odd. I think they thought as a single guy there is some unwritten pecking order.

Grrrr

no

Ah OK, understood, you mean face pics on first message or profile? Suppose it depends on your personal circumstances and where you live. I don't insist on face pic on first message but do require one early on, saves wasting time if there is no attraction though. "

» Add a new message to this topic