FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Fab filter loophole

Fab filter loophole

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have my filters set, so i cant be messaged if the profile has no public pictures (i don't care if its a penis or an ankle or an obscure body shot) but yet still I'm receiving first time messages from gents with friends only photos. How is this happening?

(Yes i know, ignore them, delete the messages, block them, its part of fab, ppl are entitled to anonymity etc etc etc)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

"I have my filters set, so i cant be messaged if the profile has no public pictures (i don't care if its a penis or an ankle or an obscure body shot) but yet still I'm receiving first time messages from gents with friends only photos. How is this happening?

(Yes i know, ignore them, delete the messages, block them, its part of fab, ppl are entitled to anonymity etc etc etc) "

Oh I have that too. I assumed I had set my filter wrong.

By *BWandhusbandCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"I have my filters set, so i cant be messaged if the profile has no public pictures (i don't care if its a penis or an ankle or an obscure body shot) but yet still I'm receiving first time messages from gents with friends only photos. How is this happening?

(Yes i know, ignore them, delete the messages, block them, its part of fab, ppl are entitled to anonymity etc etc etc) "

They might be setting a picture to public just to message you, then making it friends only again.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you do a search and tick the "must have public photos" box, it currently brings back people including those with just friends photos, so I guess that's linked. I think there's a bug in fab...

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"They might be setting a picture to public just to message you, then making it friends only again."

Determined and sneaky little monsters. I don't like it and wish they’d stop! Certainly annoying

It’s one of my biggest bugbears on here.

"Determined and sneaky little monsters"

Not wanting to make light of your situation but I love that quote x

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I believe that the avatar is classed as a public picture, but it could also be that they've had a public pic at one time.

Cal

(Yes i know, ignore them, delete the messages, block them, its part of fab, ppl are entitled to anonymity etc etc etc)

They might be setting a picture to public just to message you, then making it friends only again."

This

When I browse on this site I usually click to filter out those without public photos but profiles still pop up with friends only photos and sometimes no photos. It must be a bug.

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

I don't know about a bug,as it's been like it for many years,I just don't think that filter has ever worked

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

They are most likely making a picture public to message then removing it again after. My filters are on lockdown and I used to get it all the time.

By *ouble CCouple  over a year ago

Gran Canaria

"I believe that the avatar is classed as a public picture, but it could also be that they've had a public pic at one time.

Cal"

This as long as they have one public pic, doesn't need to be a profile pic, they can message you. Very annoying I agree but until it changes....Miss C Xx

"When I browse on this site I usually click to filter out those without public photos but profiles still pop up with friends only photos and sometimes no photos. It must be a bug."

I find this too ..A bit frustrating when you want to search and have it set to filter the ones with no public pictures

By *alkdirty2meCouple  over a year ago

20 miles south of Edinburgh

"It’s one of my biggest bugbears on here.

"

Ours is that we’ve blocked single guys, yet they can still see and fab our profile/pics

"It’s one of my biggest bugbears on here.

Ours is that we’ve blocked single guys, yet they can still see and fab our profile/pics"

Blocking a complete gender would suit us but the powers that be won't allow it as it would seriously affect there revenue stream and click count.

» Add a new message to this topic