FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Cancer

Cancer

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *edro pop OP   Man  over a year ago

Llanelli

Hi everyone. Ive just been diagnosed with bowel cancer. Im currently not really meeting due to recovering from surgery. I have been told i will fefinetley need chemotherapy and another operation. What are peoples views on meeting people that are going through chemo ? Theres another question further down the line. Im unlikely to need a colostomy bag as its on the other side of my bowel but could still happen. Would you meet a guy with a colostomy bag ? I know theres no way i would refuse it if it meant my life. Just interested in peoples opinions. Thank you xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Honestly I would avoid meeting people if you are having chemo, someone with a slight cold could end up passing it to you and could make you very ill

My daughter had cancer so I know how quickly you could become unwell.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for you

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

When my partner was receiving chemo we never met .... mainly because he was too ill and sex was the last thing on his mind but he did have pancreatic cancer ...

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

As someone who had 6 rounds of chemo and a stem cell transplant i can tell you sex was the last thing on my mind.

T

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Plus the chemo lowers your immune system so you are more likely to pick up anything that’s going around :-

By *aughtyLondonGuyMan  over a year ago

london

All the best, have the treatment and concentrate on your recovery. Then when you have come through the other side and fully recovery then go out and have the time if your life

By *edro pop OP   Man  over a year ago

Llanelli

Thank you soo much for the replys. This is completely new to me. Sooo still very much in the dark about how im going to feel whilst i go through treatment. Its hard to think with a clear head at the moment. I really appreciate the advice. Love the sense of community on this site sometimes. For all those currently going through treatment or have loved ones going through it. I wish you all the best and hope for a speedy recovery. Xx

By *aughtyLondonGuyMan  over a year ago

london

"Thank you soo much for the replys. This is completely new to me. Sooo still very much in the dark about how im going to feel whilst i go through treatment. Its hard to think with a clear head at the moment. I really appreciate the advice. Love the sense of community on this site sometimes. For all those currently going through treatment or have loved ones going through it. I wish you all the best and hope for a speedy recovery. Xx"

Stay positive and keep us informed of your progress

» Add a new message to this topic