FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > How to spot odd/fake profiles?

How to spot odd/fake profiles?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi there,

So recently I’ve been in contact with a few people on here that have made me feel ‘is this really genuine?’ And by this I mean, they messages are very short.. they haven’t fulfilled my request on face pics of both parties and I just get a very odd feeling about these people. One person wasn’t even on the island but saying they were..? And came to the island for a dentist appointment...

Any advice on this, apart from just move on and ignore?

Many thanks,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

If their messages are short and it feels like you're trying to get blood out of a stone, they're probably not for you anyway, regardless as to whether they're real or fake.

Good luck

By *harAndBryCouple  over a year ago

nr Stamford

Short messages are the worst. We find that "couples" are the worst for this - guessing they're either fake or simply think they don't need to put the effort in. But after two or three one word replies, we just delete and move on.

"Short messages are the worst. We find that "couples" are the worst for this - guessing they're either fake or simply think they don't need to put the effort in. But after two or three one word replies, we just delete and move on."

Yep this is what I thought. It’s such a shame and I understand if I’m not someone’s type, or a couples type but I will always try and make some effort with a message including things I’ve read on their profile.. I understand it takes time, and what I don’t understand is certain profiles looking at your profile a number of times, for example last week and then this week again.. does that say anything? Probably looking into it too much...

"If their messages are short and it feels like you're trying to get blood out of a stone, they're probably not for you anyway, regardless as to whether they're real or fake.

Good luck "

Yep, I agree.. I want to talk to people who are open and I find out more about them, I don’t want to just talk to people who say ‘what would you do, want to meet now?’ Well.. yes and no.. tell me a bit more about you, why are you here etc. Face pics of both of you I appreciate.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No pic. blank profile. Saying there over 6 ft and athletic on their stat.

"No pic. blank profile. Saying there over 6 ft and athletic on their stat. "

Not exactly had that yet.. but I don’t like to reply to people who have absolutely no pictures at all on their profile..

We had the same problems and we altered our message settings accordingly.

It doesn’t eliminate all the fakes but it’s certainly cut them down.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Well I often send short replies, doesn't mean I'm fake or not genuine, but does generally mean I'm not interested.

What's the point in faking.. be honest . Provide a face picture and read the profile... All the way through. Send messages that prove you have read their profile. .. and just be nice. That should sort the fake from the real.. Happy Fabbing People

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Unless you have strong suspicions and something you can report the best thing to do is move on. Don't waste your time of energy talking to profiles that aren't putting any effort in.

By *udewhennudeMan  over a year ago

newport

Think your overthinking things, popular people will be having conversations with multiple people , so short answers to maybe 10 people is manageable, long thought out meaningful messages to 10 or more people is not manageable. Be thankful they are at least talking to you, means you could be in with a chance of meeting them. Don’t like it or think they aren’t genuine, then move on.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Think your overthinking things, popular people will be having conversations with multiple people , so short answers to maybe 10 people is manageable, long thought out meaningful messages to 10 or more people is not manageable. Be thankful they are at least talking to you, means you could be in with a chance of meeting them. Don’t like it or think they aren’t genuine, then move on."

But lots of women and couples actually request (I hesitate to use the word demand but it feels like it sometimes) well thought out messages and no one liners.

newport

"Think your overthinking things, popular people will be having conversations with multiple people , so short answers to maybe 10 people is manageable, long thought out meaningful messages to 10 or more people is not manageable. Be thankful they are at least talking to you, means you could be in with a chance of meeting them. Don’t like it or think they aren’t genuine, then move on.

But lots of women and couples actually request (I hesitate to use the word demand but it feels like it sometimes) well thought out messages and no one liners. "

newport

"Think your overthinking things, popular people will be having conversations with multiple people , so short answers to maybe 10 people is manageable, long thought out meaningful messages to 10 or more people is not manageable. Be thankful they are at least talking to you, means you could be in with a chance of meeting them. Don’t like it or think they aren’t genuine, then move on.

But lots of women and couples actually request (I hesitate to use the word demand but it feels like it sometimes) well thought out messages and no one liners. "

they do, particularly introductory messages, but then maybe answer them with a couple of words. The point I’m making is if you’re talking to people at least is means you’re communicating with them and there might be some interest. Whether they are fake is another thing and the op would need to make a judgement on that.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

But lots of women and couples actually request (I hesitate to use the word demand but it feels like it sometimes) well thought out messages and no one liners. they do, particularly introductory messages, but then maybe answer them with a couple of words. The point I’m making is if you’re talking to people at least is means you’re communicating with them and there might be some interest. Whether they are fake is another thing and the op would need to make a judgement on that. "

I see.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"Short messages are the worst. We find that "couples" are the worst for this - guessing they're either fake or simply think they don't need to put the effort in. But after two or three one word replies, we just delete and move on."

Genuine single women are as guilty as anyone else on here for that. Quite happy to get a delete or “Not for me thanks” but it’s the ones that do answer & you make conversation always giving them an “In” to respond to & you get back “Yeah” or “I agree”....

That leaves us with the thought of “Are they so spoilt for choice they feel effort isn’t needed & everyone should just be glad they replied” or that they didn’t want to converse in the first place?

Either makes no odds though as after a couple of short replies we stop bothering.

S

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

And a lot of these profiles will turn out to be the ones that give short responses.

It’s fine to want to know that someone messaging can string a sentence together but perhaps they want to ensure you can too?

Dump..move on as you say

S

Pics where you never seen the woman face. And there hair cut and colour keeps changing in each pic

"Hi there,

So recently I’ve been in contact with a few people on here that have made me feel ‘is this really genuine?’ And by this I mean, they messages are very short.. they haven’t fulfilled my request on face pics of both parties and I just get a very odd feeling about these people. One person wasn’t even on the island but saying they were..? And came to the island for a dentist appointment...

Any advice on this, apart from just move on and ignore?

Many thanks,"

Yes people say move on but when 999 out of every 1000 are like that maybe time to leave .that's what we think.

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

When the details are exactly the same for male and female.

When they refer to us as I, constantly.

Chucking in a few girlie things as favourites sanitary products, female contraception and cosmetics to conversations leaves most blokes stumped.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I do find that some of the first people to cry fake are the ones that haven't been on the site for five minutes and expect instant results, when it doesn't work immediately for them they often blame others for their woes.

By *oltandJodyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

"Well I often send short replies, doesn't mean I'm fake or not genuine, but does generally mean I'm not interested."

This, but, not necessarily mean not interested, just texted for us is not as easy as it is to talk to someone directly, we've never been very social, only a few friends and now would like to broaden our social life and have fun with this new swinging thing we are liking, this took ages for me to write and that's why it's short answers sometimes as new to this lifestyle and not always know how to respond straight away. And both being a bit dyslexia find it difficult xx hope this makes sense?

» Add a new message to this topic