FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > I really thought you were interested

I really thought you were interested

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We messaged, swapped face pictures, swapped phone numbers, talked about potential meet dates. Next thing ghosted. Messages deleted all comms ceased.

Why do people do it? Both genders are guilty of this. Is this what fab has become? Fantasists and attention seekers?

All you nice folk out there please keep being nice. Ive met nice people on here but the nice to numpty ratio is unbalanced. Lol.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouneed meMan  over a year ago

mold

Thought only men had this problem lol

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Thought only men had this problem lol"

Nope, happens a lot to me too.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

It's Christmas, there's alot going on.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've had it very recently on the couple's profile I have with my partner. A couple messaged us, quite long-winded message, to which we replied along the lines that we'd be happy to chat and see how we got on. But as we turned down their request to exchange email addresses (so, supposedly, they could send us some pics), we found ourselves blocked. Never mind.

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

We spend 6 months of the winter in Fuerteventura and the majority of people (couples and singles), who announce they are coming here for a 'sexy holiday' actually disappear on arrival. The forums are full of people who say things like' Oh no, we're going to miss you by two days' as if it's a relief!......It probably is as the wife knows nothing about it anyway!

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"We messaged, swapped face pictures, swapped phone numbers, talked about potential meet dates. Next thing ghosted. Messages deleted all comms ceased.

Why do people do it? Both genders are guilty of this. Is this what fab has become? Fantasists and attention seekers?

All you nice folk out there please keep being nice. Ive met nice people on here but the nice to numpty ratio is unbalanced. Lol. "

A mixture of fantasists, attention seekers and secretly in a relationship.

I think some people just need their ego stroked and want to know they are still attractive to the opposite sex (or same sex).

I also think some people get enjoyment out of being a timewaster.

That is why I spend ages getting to know people before meeting. If you spend time getting to know people online you can get rid off

Fantasists

Idiots

Timewasters

Guys who don't respect you

Guys looking for another notch on the bedpost

Guys looking for a quick one-off fuck

Psychos

Etc.

If I was a woman on here I would make guys spend a long time getting to know me first before I thought about meeting them. By long time I mean weeks and even months.

Literally just happened to me

Its just one of those things i guess

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"I've had it very recently on the couple's profile I have with my partner. A couple messaged us, quite long-winded message, to which we replied along the lines that we'd be happy to chat and see how we got on. But as we turned down their request to exchange email addresses (so, supposedly, they could send us some pics), we found ourselves blocked. Never mind. "

Lol, I once got an abusive email and blocked because I wasn't prepared to drive for 5 hours for a social meet with a couple.

"We messaged, swapped face pictures, swapped phone numbers, talked about potential meet dates. Next thing ghosted. Messages deleted all comms ceased.

All you nice folk out there please keep being nice. Ive met nice people on here but the nice to numpty ratio is unbalanced. Lol.

A mixture of fantasists, attention seekers and secretly in a relationship.

I think some people just need their ego stroked and want to know they are still attractive to the opposite sex (or same sex).

I also think some people get enjoyment out of being a timewaster.

That is why I spend ages getting to know people before meeting. If you spend time getting to know people online you can get rid off

Fantasists

Idiots

Timewasters

Guys who don't respect you

Guys looking for another notch on the bedpost

Guys looking for a quick one-off fuck

Psychos

Etc.

If I was a woman on here I would make guys spend a long time getting to know me first before I thought about meeting them. By long time I mean weeks and even months. "

I’d be bored if I had to chat to someone for weeks or months before meeting them. They would be friend zoned pretty quickly.

By *lattyukbiMan  over a year ago

Rugby

Numpty ratio... love it...

Associated with the tempura fantitist constant...

As in there are constantly a high level of time wasting fantatists around!

Theyre attached

Simple

By *igstu66Man  over a year ago

Guildford

The place is full of fantasists....and a lot of people like the thrill of the chase but have no intention of following through... what I don't get is why bother !

salisbury

"Theyre attached

Simple"

I thought that was the whole point of swinging? Otherwise this would be "Fabdating".

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

Happened to me twice in 2 days this week & one was by someone I'd already met twice. Sometimes I wonder....

" If I was a woman on here I would make guys spend a long time getting to know me first before I thought about meeting them. By long time I mean weeks and even months. "

I work on quite the opposite basis actually. Experience has shown me that spending weeks/months chatting online and via kik or whatsapp is almost more than likely going to lead to nothing - the "chatters" are the guys who have no intention of ever meeting and are just looking for some wank chat (usually behind the wife's back). I have found it better to just cut the crap and meet for a coffee or drink, often the same day as I start talking to someone if they capture my interest.

Or even better, just meet people in person at clubs or organised socials - at least everyone there turned up and you can check them out in real life!

Happens to me all the time , I now think everyone is fake or on a wind up

Females do this quite a lot to men

"Theyre attached

Simple

I thought that was the whole point of swinging? Otherwise this would be "Fabdating"."

I meant

Oh never mind

It is rather confusing why people do this. The whole point is to get to know someone, and, if you get on well enough, meet up and mutually have fun. Right?

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Fab is riddled with fantasists, as are all sites. This is why we have always attended clubs and parties for meets and not spent hours online. If you go to a party, everyone there has an intention to play at the very least. You can see people as they really are, not in pics that are 10 years old and you can tell if there's an attraction straight away.

The internet certainly has it's advantages but I now think that the scene is going full circle and due to the amount of let downs online, people are going back to the old way of not chatting for hours online and just heading to a party.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

It's the nature of Fab. Everyone is chatting to multiple people and making plans, but I think we all have to admit that there is a 'pecking order' in those we chat with... There is always someone who grabs our attention a bit more than anyone else, and who we focus on more, and sometimes if the stars align and all goes well with that person, everyone else fades a little into the background, no matter how sexy they are. I've been on both sides of this. I've been the one who gets distracted and also been the one who suddenly found themselves wondering why someone seems to suddenly have lost interest... If it's any help OP, these things are often fleeting, and once the initial 'excitement' of someone new paying attention passes, things get back on track

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"It is rather confusing why people do this. The whole point is to get to know someone, and, if you get on well enough, meet up and mutually have fun. Right?"

Of course, but people can and do change their minds for all kinds of reasons. They really should take the time to tell someone if that's the case though.

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

I get that a lot don't bother me now just move on

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

All you nice folk out there please keep being nice. Ive met nice people on here but the nice to numpty ratio is unbalanced. Lol. "

People are just shit to each other.

By *xperience huntingMan  over a year ago

where

I think many people bottle it last minute ! I’ve had a few people tell me this type of thing only to arrange meets with myself and then go missing

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

I think some of it is married people (men and women) suddenly getting cold feet when it is about to get real.

I thought I was doing something wrong. Keeps happening to me. Why do people do it! So annoying. On that note, if anyone is genuine. Send me a message lol

My biggest problem is that what you read on profiles.Anyone mailing with a one word or no photos will be blocked.

Then that person sends me a Hi or even worse a ? .

I mean how do you answer a ?.

Or when a cpl message me they don't say who is mailing the male or female ?.

Oh the funny ones that think giving you someone's else's phone number or house address.

I once turned up at some ladies house to find out that her ex boyfriend was giving everyone her address.

My profile is arsey for this reason and others. I still put not meeting and i still get grief.

Guess all genders are getting this.

These folk are obviously not nice in real life.

Oh well.. Its fab. (sometimes)

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

It's not just on Fab. The world is full of flakes. It's happened during much of my adult life.

If we say we're going to meet then we damn well get to where we're supposed to be and in good time. If there happens to be something delaying or physically preventing us then we will maintain contact and say exactly what's going on and be apologetic about it.

Some people don't give a damn if they let people down. That's not how we are.

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

I wouldn't say it's exclusive to fab. Happens a lot in the real world too.

People are flakey, and see new connections as dispensible... Just count yourself lucky I suppose and add it to your experience.

People come and people go between the , there's a few of us decent folk

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

How long do you message for?

I like to get a coffee planned in fairly quickly; I find it helps to meet them early on and then see if the conversation runs

Even if we can't immediately sort out a second meet; I know I want to invest in that person having actually met that person.

(Also helps you really see who they are; so you don't connect to an online persona that isn't really what they are)

I had exactly the same thing. We had been chatting all week and had agreed to meet for lunch in a nice pub the next day. We were supposed to be meeting at 1pm. When he hadn’t messaged me by 9 am I knew it - that same sinking feeling quickly replaced by the ‘I’m so stupid’s. He had left fab and blocked me on WhatsApp. Found him on LinkIn though...and then I saw he had looked at my profile. I can email him if I want but he’s just

Not worth any more of my precious time. His loss!

" If I was a woman on here I would make guys spend a long time getting to know me first before I thought about meeting them. By long time I mean weeks and even months.

I work on quite the opposite basis actually. Experience has shown me that spending weeks/months chatting online and via kik or whatsapp is almost more than likely going to lead to nothing - the "chatters" are the guys who have no intention of ever meeting and are just looking for some wank chat (usually behind the wife's back). I have found it better to just cut the crap and meet for a coffee or drink, often the same day as I start talking to someone if they capture my interest.

Or even better, just meet people in person at clubs or organised socials - at least everyone there turned up and you can check them out in real life!"

100% agree with this from my own experiences.

salisbury

Happened to me yesterday because i said ive got a cold. I have got a cold.

As the olde saying goes...”There’s nothing queerer than folk”

Or players plenty of them mixed in

Or one's who talk but no action

Still there are genuine people here too

I get This so often! I take time to look at peoples profiles to gauge the situation... if I can’t meet them right there and then I don’t get any more replies... I don’t come on here to hook up! I can do that in real life.... people abuse the site far too much!

Happens to me at least once per week. I don't get so involved now, keep my distance and don't get my hopes up. All sex chat is strictly off the table so that they don't even have a chance to ask for nudes/cyber play, and if they do I write them off as just another horny fuckboy. If it takes more than a few days to meet they're likely a fantasist.

"If it takes more than a few days to meet they're likely a fantasist. "

Or maybe they're actually quite decent and not just thirsty for getting their dick wet

By *lossyLegsGlassesCouple  over a year ago

stafford

The number of times we have travelled for meets or socials only to be let down after arriving is amazing, ppl msging for a while desperate to meet and then when we finally arrange something and the day arrives....no show

Car accident

Cat died

Great aunt died

Got lost

Anniversary of passing of gerbil

Football gone to extra time

Arrested

U name it we've heard it

I’m sorry you got let down. That’s never nice to hear.

Sure you’ll meet someone decent soon enough. Keep your chin up xx

"If it takes more than a few days to meet they're likely a fantasist.

Or maybe they're actually quite decent and not just thirsty for getting their dick wet"

I didn't say the meet had to be sexual. This is from personal experience. The ones who talk for ages are more likely to end up cancelling or ghosting. Quicker meet = less time to overthink/lose their bottle.

By *ifeandhubby400Couple  over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

"If it takes more than a few days to meet they're likely a fantasist.

Or maybe they're actually quite decent and not just thirsty for getting their dick wet

I didn't say the meet had to be sexual. This is from personal experience. The ones who talk for ages are more likely to end up cancelling or ghosting. Quicker meet = less time to overthink/lose their bottle. "

Agree i spent ages chatting etc ,pic swaps ,and it was all in vain ,now its a quick chat ,video chat then social ,life is way to short for crap ..

ye we just had same with female.chat and swapped picts and keen to meet,then messages disappear with profile

"The number of times we have travelled for meets or socials only to be let down after arriving is amazing, ppl msging for a while desperate to meet and then when we finally arrange something and the day arrives....no show

Car accident

Cat died

Great aunt died

Got lost

Anniversary of passing of gerbil

Football gone to extra time

Arrested

U name it we've heard it "

But that was one amazing gerbil...

Happened to us lots