FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Canal street CD first time

Canal street CD first time

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tef1972 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

blackburn

Hi

I am hopefully going out soon and hope to venture down canal street

This will be my first time here and I will be alone

Can you advise me which pubs are best for crossdressers

Are there any dos and don’t

Thanks for your help

Stef

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Just be positive and confident. Think about yourself and nobody else. Yes a first time can be difficult but once you overcome that obstacle it'll all come naturally. I've never been there myself but it wouldn't be a, problem for me. I go all over in the vanilla world dressed. Nothing stops me I just go and do whatever I need to. Confidence is a major step but you will get there

blackburn

Thank you for your advise xx

By *linyMan  over a year ago

Manchester/London

As far as I’m aware there aren’t any specific TV bars. I know Eagle bar is members only(bears and jocks) and Coyotes is female only. Although I’m straight most of my best friends are LGBTQI.

If you want someone there with you for your first time I’d be happy to hold your hand so to speak! And we can grab a coffee whilst you relax and become YOU!

By *reeneyes1983Man  over a year ago

Hyde

Whenever i have been out there its all pretty tgirl friendly...

If your going at night time then everywhere is full of other girls (think wednesday is more or less tgirl night) so you shouldnt be aline so to speak.

Just go and enjoy x

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

You'll love the Canal Street area and you are very brave going on your own for the first time but you'll be safe around there. Do you know what night of the week you'll be going? Most bars are Tgirl friendly apart from the gay and lesbian bars mentioned above. Avoid Rembrandts too. The ones I would suggest are Via, On Bar, Centre Stage, New York New York and, of course, Napoleon's but there are lots of others xx

Hyde

Naps is the bar i havs seen most girls in, pretty dark upstairs too but good fun x

"Naps is the bar i havs seen most girls in, pretty dark upstairs too but good fun x "

The upstairs bit has closed now but still a good club depending on how busy it is x

Hyde

Aww no way...i havent been in for a while x

blackburn

Thanks everyone

I’ve been wanting to go for years

I’ve been out in public for brief walks and to gatehouse so this is the next step

A Friday night

Hotel booked

By *linyMan  over a year ago

Manchester/London

"Thanks everyone

I’ve been wanting to go for years

I’ve been out in public for brief walks and to gatehouse so this is the next step

A Friday night

Hotel booked

"

You go and enjoy! There’s support all around when you’re there.

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

Oh bless you Steph, well done for taking that ‘giant leap’ ... well that’s what it will feel like at the moment, but once you’ve done it you will realise it is only a small step - believe me xx

My first ever night out in public many years ago was on Canal Street, so have fond memories, though I had to almost be dragged out of the room by the girl I was with, but within 10 minutes it seemed almost as natural as going out in ‘blokey’ mode, I had, and always do had a fab night out. Tgirls our on Canal St won’t even raise an eyebrow, it is a very common occurrence.

When I first started ‘going out’, it was on a Wednesday, as that was historically the t-girls main night out then, and there were usually quite a few girls out. I’ve not been to Manchester for a couple of years so don’t know if that’s still the case??

I have never been there on a Friday night, but understand there to be quite a few hen parties out on Fridays. Again as I understand they are mainly very very friendly and very inquisitive about us, but hope you will be ok with that kind of attention at the outset???

Just enjoy and have fun .... but the one waning I will give is, be VERY careful ..... once you get over your nerves it becomes very addictive xxx

Rachel xxx

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

Oh and by the way .... another piece of advice - choose your footwear carefully!!

We all love our high heels - well I do! and if you like 4 or 5 inch heels have probably spent maybe a short time walking around at home on a carpeted floor ... which is a different world away from several hours stood around on hard pavements and surfaces etc!!

Also Canal St is a cobbled street (though the pavements are ok), so if you aren’t used to stepping out in heels it is easy to go over on your ankle

First time out you just might want to try a lower heel perhaps - you don’t want it to ruin your big night xxx

"Oh and by the way .... another piece of advice - choose your footwear carefully!!

We all love our high heels - well I do! and if you like 4 or 5 inch heels have probably spent maybe a short time walking around at home on a carpeted floor ... which is a different world away from several hours stood around on hard pavements and surfaces etc!!

Also Canal St is a cobbled street (though the pavements are ok), so if you aren’t used to stepping out in heels it is easy to go over on your ankle

First time out you just might want to try a lower heel perhaps - you don’t want it to ruin your big night xxx"

Yep, great advice about the heels. As I very quickly discovered heels, alcohol and cobbles do not mix! Wear a low heel or a higher block one x

By *eet The FlintstonesCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

Last Friday I went to a tgirl social at a hotel in Southsea. It was the very first time I've ever gone out in public and wow, was I nervous. I'm lucky because I have a wonderful girlfriend and her husband who support me and were with me. I also have a very understanding loving wife. I tried to dress simply and you are right about shoes, leapard print boots kinda worked xxx

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"You'll love the Canal Street area and you are very brave going on your own for the first time but you'll be safe around there. Do you know what night of the week you'll be going? Most bars are Tgirl friendly apart from the gay and lesbian bars mentioned above. Avoid Rembrandts too. The ones I would suggest are Via, On Bar, Centre Stage, New York New York and, of course, Napoleon's but there are lots of others xx "

Any reasons for avoiding Rembrandts ?? Just curious !!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Oh and by the way .... another piece of advice - choose your footwear carefully!!

First time out you just might want to try a lower heel perhaps - you don’t want it to ruin your big night xxx"

Good advice indeed.

Personally I like my little pumps nowadays. I don’t want the height gain and it’s so much more comfortable.

blackburn

Thank you to every one of you I am taking this on board xxx

Stef xxx

"You'll love the Canal Street area and you are very brave going on your own for the first time but you'll be safe around there. Do you know what night of the week you'll be going? Most bars are Tgirl friendly apart from the gay and lesbian bars mentioned above. Avoid Rembrandts too. The ones I would suggest are Via, On Bar, Centre Stage, New York New York and, of course, Napoleon's but there are lots of others xx

Any reasons for avoiding Rembrandts ?? Just curious !!"

It's not Tgirl friendly

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"You'll love the Canal Street area and you are very brave going on your own for the first time but you'll be safe around there. Do you know what night of the week you'll be going? Most bars are Tgirl friendly apart from the gay and lesbian bars mentioned above. Avoid Rembrandts too. The ones I would suggest are Via, On Bar, Centre Stage, New York New York and, of course, Napoleon's but there are lots of others xx

Any reasons for avoiding Rembrandts ?? Just curious !!

It's not Tgirl friendly "

Thank you ! Gay rather than bi....??

Going out in Manchester? Watch your bag, your drinks & definitely always watch your back.

It's as 'safe' as anywhere else but always keep your wits about you

I lived in Manchester for 15 years & visited the village more times than I can remember. I only really had hassle once in all those times but I know plenty who were robbed or assaulted or otherwise abused. I don't want to put a dampener on anyone's good time I'm trying to say be careful is all.

Don't drink too much, don't venture down the back street alleys by yourself & if you take a taxi only use black cabs or those you book at an office

"

Thank you ! Gay rather than bi....??"

Last I saw of the place (Rembrandt) it was a sh**hole I wouldn't worry. So it's got rooms to rent right in the middle of the action - the hotel part is passable but you don't have to go in the pub if you stay there.

As for places being tgirl friendly or not I found I was accepted everywhere I went even Coyotes. Just try not to gawp you'll be fine.

By *eanne VegasTV/TS  over a year ago

tameside

Weds still a good night out for t/girls on canal st. Saturday night bar pop. Via. The goose. Centre stage. New York new york and napoleans are all good places to go. Enjoy yourself bd stay safe. X

Whatever you do and wherever you go be safe. The village has one of the highest assault statistics in Manchester.

"Going out in Manchester? Watch your bag, your drinks & definitely always watch your back.

It's as 'safe' as anywhere else but always keep your wits about you

I lived in Manchester for 15 years & visited the village more times than I can remember. I only really had hassle once in all those times but I know plenty who were robbed or assaulted or otherwise abused. I don't want to put a dampener on anyone's good time I'm trying to say be careful is all.

Don't drink too much, don't venture down the back street alleys by yourself & if you take a taxi only use black cabs or those you book at an office"

True, but that apllies to anywhere. Don't be tempted to give a blow job in naps in the toilets, your bag will be robbed, it's a common trick

"

Thank you ! Gay rather than bi....??

Last I saw of the place (Rembrandt) it was a sh**hole I wouldn't worry. So it's got rooms to rent right in the middle of the action - the hotel part is passable but you don't have to go in the pub if you stay there.

As for places being tgirl friendly or not I found I was accepted everywhere I went even Coyotes. Just try not to gawp you'll be fine.

"

I always stay in New Union, right on Canal Street and decent enough rooms x

By *ictoriaathomeTV/TS  over a year ago

Huddersfield

It's been on my list to do for so long, I always find a reason not to go.

I have been out and walked through town at night, met in all places and never even given it a second thought. But Canal Street is becoming an obsticle!!

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"Naps is the bar i havs seen most girls in, pretty dark upstairs too but good fun x "

Years since I was in Napoleons, but I do remember it having a disproportionate number of frisky men with wandering hands

Some good bars around that neighbourhood.

Like others say, city centre so keep your wits about you.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"

hope to venture down canal street

This will my first time

"

Honestly thought that was code, was about to advise lube.

Seriously though you are very brave going out alone, people can be such vicious idiots when someone is different, I would have thought staying with likeminded people in the right areas would be best idea. You should not have to but safety first

By *oft_SensualTV/TS  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I would advise going out with a group, not carrying any bank cards/keys or anything you aren't prepared to lose/have stolen.

Comments about wandering hands and abuse are sadly accurate. Personally, I'd find a Wetherspoons somewhere or take a hip flask with you. But then I'm from Yorkshire.

"Naps is the bar i havs seen most girls in, pretty dark upstairs too but good fun x

Years since I was in Napoleons, but I do remember it having a disproportionate number of frisky men with wandering hands

Some good bars around that neighbourhood.

Like others say, city centre so keep your wits about you.

"

I used to joke that Naps was twinned with the cantina at Mos Isely in Star Wars. Only rougher.

tameside

You could always wait for sparkle in July real good weekend on canal st. X

"You could always wait for sparkle in July real good weekend on canal st. X"

Love Sparkle, been the past 2 years and going again this year. Hotel already booked! x

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

We are all different. Do things, at your own pace. Confidence is such a huge factor when going out. Me I'm different. I don't give a toss. I will go out whenever or wherever I fancy both day or night. Nothing stops me. Like I say we are all different. Xxxx

tameside

I'm at sparkle thus year as well so looking forward to it. X

"I'm at sparkle thus year as well so looking forward to it. X"

See you there hun xx

tameside

Look forward to it hopefully be sunny.x

"Look forward to it hopefully be sunny.x"

It's always sunny in my bed xx

tameside

Good job your not a vampire then lol x

"Good job your not a vampire then lol x"

Oh I can be lol xx

tameside

[Removed by poster at 15/01/20 22:58:18]

tameside

Nothing better than sat in sackville gardens in the sun with few trans friends drinking beers. Hopefully see you there. Xx

"Nothing better than sat in sackville gardens in the sun with few trans friends drinking beers. Hopefully see you there. Xx"

OK hun, sure we will bump into each other xx

tameside

If I'm not in Blackpool I'm norm in Manchester on a Saturday night. X

"If I'm not in Blackpool I'm norm in Manchester on a Saturday night. X "

I go to both so will probably see you before sparkle x

tameside

Might see you in lulu's lounge in Blackpool one Saturday then. Xx

"Might see you in lulu's lounge in Blackpool one Saturday then. Xx"

Yes definitely, I'm next there on Feb 28th for the Viva event at Club SX xx

"Might see you in lulu's lounge in Blackpool one Saturday then. Xx

Yes definitely, I'm next there on Feb 28th for the Viva event at Club SX xx "

Staying at Lulu's x

tameside

I'm not normally in Blackpool on a Friday but if I am catch up for a drink.xx

Yes, unfortunately I heard on gaydio exchange (Manchester only radio player), that there has been people been attacked around Sackville Street. It is still safe if you are careful. On Friday and Saturday nights, there are people with hi viz LGBT FOUNDATION jackets on. They are the Village Angels; they work from 8pm till 3am. If you see them, and have had a problem with someone groping you, tell them, and they will call the police and help out as much as they can. LGBT FOUNDATION also run Soho angels in central London on Saturday night.

blackburn

Hi thanks everyone for all the advise

This is my first time down canal street or indeed out to bars etc

The muppets groping and robbing bags concerns me a little But all warnings took on board

I’ve a hotel booked on Portland street so just round the corner so if things get uncomfortable I can soon make a retreat

If any girls are going Friday night beginning of feb drop me a DM

thanks again lovely people xxxx

By *ednesday 2023TV/TS 4 weeks ago

Stortford

I wonder how she got on?

Thanks to all those who contributed above

I'm planning a work trip so Wednesday seems the best night, and am I wrong to be looking forward to wandering hands!

Any updates would be much appreciated

Wednesday x

By *ednesday 2023TV/TS 3 weeks ago

Stortford

Just bumped this, as I'm hopefully going next week x

By *lice AgainTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Bristol

Totally agree with the advice on heels.

Stilettos on carpet are a totally different ball game to a hard surface, let alone cobbles.

If you wanna go high, get your block heeled platforms out.

By *ednesday 2023TV/TS 2 weeks ago

Stortford

Block heels sorted, say hello if you see me there tomorrow night (22nd)

By *izzy.Woman 2 weeks ago

Stoke area

"Block heels sorted, say hello if you see me there tomorrow night (22nd)"

Hope you have a fun evening. I've always found canal street very welcoming and friendly area and not encountered problems. But as a straight female, I see things from a different view point I guess.

I'd just say smile and observe folk in a quiet manner, rather than being loud and drawing attention initially. Then you can interact with others once you have settled any initial nerves. Just enjoy the freedom of being who you want to be. Have a good night.

By *aughtystaffs60Couple 2 weeks ago

Staffordshire

Hope you have a great time. I think you are very brave to do this.

Took me enough courage to come out in front of Mrs N and friends in our house, let alone go for a night out dressed.

By *atie1910TV/TS 2 weeks ago

Tralee

I was there last year for the sparkle festival. Had a fantastic time dressed for the whole weekend. Loads of other gurls there too so was vey relaxed atmosphere. It’s on again in July and I’ll hopefully be there.

By *ednesday 2023TV/TS 4 days ago

Stortford

Thanks all,

Has a marvelous night, down to my painted toe nails.

There's a group of girls who meet and go on a bit of a club crawl, and I can highly recommend them, and the Canal St area to all x

By *achel SmythTV/TS 4 days ago

Farnborough

Glad you had a great night out ….. and so the journey begins!

Just be careful … it becomes addictive

R xxx

By *tephTV67TV/TS 4 days ago

Cheshire

Not been to anal treet for quite some time, but it was the first place I went out dressed. Wednesday nights were wonderful just a shame Napoleons closed down, the upstairs bar was a great place to hang out.

By *ednesday 2023TV/TS 2 hours ago

Stortford

"Glad you had a great night out ….. and so the journey begins!

Just be careful … it becomes addictive

It does, Had to walk down a main street, dressed, in daylight to meet the group, every part of me was tingling.

R xxx"

» Add a new message to this topic