FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Ignored on threads

Ignored on threads

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ydrew OP   Man  over a year ago

Hatfield

Maybe I'm just being really sensitive. But always feel like I end a thread or just get ignored. Killed a few

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Everyone has had similar, try not to let it get to you. Keep trying and remember it's all about the effort xx

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

When you 'kill' them they've run out of steam usually, wouldn't blame yourself for that.

You have to be on here a lot to join in with stuff or be well known on the scene.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've been here forever and I still kill threads or get ignored x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Very much empathise. I do feel sometimes that instead of mansplaining in the forums, there’s a thread of hottiesplaining, with accompanying fervent responses.

By *eannaTV/TS  over a year ago

Cwmfelifach, nr Newport

For all those who think they may have killed a thread, why not start a thread? Positive thinking going forwards

"Maybe I'm just being really sensitive. But always feel like I end a thread or just get ignored. Killed a few "

It happens to the best of us , only the fab royals get noticed the majority of time

"Maybe I'm just being really sensitive. But always feel like I end a thread or just get ignored. Killed a few "

Just keep participating as much as you can x

Yep....

Posting on this thread is a bit like Russian roulette - who's going to kill a thread about thread-killing!

By *imtosleazeuMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"Maybe I'm just being really sensitive. But always feel like I end a thread or just get ignored. Killed a few

It happens to the best of us , only the fab royals get noticed the majority of time "

I've noticed I just be myself and what will be will be. Seems to be some people only reply to the people they consider eye candy also lol

Fab clickers

Swines

By *ADY VOLUPTUOUS OF KENTWoman  over a year ago

TONBRIDGE ROUNDABOUTS

"Maybe I'm just being really sensitive. But always feel like I end a thread or just get ignored. Killed a few

It happens to the best of us , only the fab royals get noticed the majority of time "

Very true

By *ADY VOLUPTUOUS OF KENTWoman  over a year ago

TONBRIDGE ROUNDABOUTS

It happens to the best of us , only the fab royals get noticed the majority of time

I've noticed I just be myself and what will be will be. Seems to be some people only reply to the people they consider eye candy also lol

Fab clickers

Swines "

I'm always killing threads, don't worry about it

S x

Widnes

Fab clickers

Swines "

Who said that?

Hatfield

Glad it's not just me that feels it lol.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

A lot of people feel it.

There was a similar thread yesterday I think. On that one I likened the fora to a bar. The first few times you go you know nobody, you might speak to one or two people briefly. After a while you might get a nod from a few and have a chat with some but not many get to join the "regulars" . Concentrate on contributing where you can and responding to other people who seem to be on the margins

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Only admin actually kill a thread,

As someone has already said, people don't kill them with a comment unless they're already on their last legs anyway.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Very much empathise. I do feel sometimes that instead of mansplaining in the forums, there’s a thread of hottiesplaining, with accompanying fervent responses."

I do it all the time. See it as a talent.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Very much empathise. I do feel sometimes that instead of mansplaining in the forums, there’s a thread of hottiesplaining, with accompanying fervent responses.

"

So just like a bar then

By *rAntrobusMan  over a year ago

Nantwich

I think threads come to a natural end, just a shame if your mind is making you feel that you kill the tread. Bit of a personal question, but do you suffer with confidence?

I think we all can have some form of confidence issues, and we are in an environment where we feel our most vulnerable. Most people on here seem lovely though x

"Very much empathise. I do feel sometimes that instead of mansplaining in the forums, there’s a thread of hottiesplaining, with accompanying fervent responses.

So just like a bar then "

Bullshit corner as I call it in my local.

I feel like that all time, I probably don't contribute enough. No big deal

Forum Mod

East Sussex

So just like a bar then

Bullshit corner as I call it in my local. "

Hatfield

"I think threads come to a natural end, just a shame if your mind is making you feel that you kill the tread. Bit of a personal question, but do you suffer with confidence?

I think we all can have some form of confidence issues, and we are in an environment where we feel our most vulnerable. Most people on here seem lovely though x"

Never used to struggle with confidence until I started using fab. Lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I think threads come to a natural end, just a shame if your mind is making you feel that you kill the tread. Bit of a personal question, but do you suffer with confidence?

I think we all can have some form of confidence issues, and we are in an environment where we feel our most vulnerable. Most people on here seem lovely though x

Never used to struggle with confidence until I started using fab. Lol"

This isn't a dig at you in any way.

You've chosen who you wish to respond to on this thread, other people do the same. I don't feel sidelined by you or that you're ignoring me, I understand that you can't respond to every contributor.

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

Who said that? "

Damn. You got there first with the joke I was going to make.

mr Icebreaker

Hatfield

You've chosen who you wish to respond to on this thread, other people do the same. I don't feel sidelined by you or that you're ignoring me, I understand that you can't respond to every contributor."

I'm not ignoring you in any way. I just remember being completely slated by you when I first joined and started using the forums. So I'm just being cautious to what I say

Nantwich

"Never used to struggle with confidence until I started using fab. Lol"

I think it's down to how vulnerable we are on here, we open ourselves to judgement and that can be difficult.

Just remember, that you won't be everyone's cup of tea. And that's ok, some people don't want to talk to you because of their own issues too. We're all human, just try not take rejection as a failure on your side. It happens to us all x

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

Never used to struggle with confidence until I started using fab. Lol"

Got to say that if you're struggling with your confidence as a result of your interactions in a place as ephemeral and inconsequential as this you probably need to have a quiet chat with a professional (either a coach or a counsellor) about why that is the case. Asking the people who hang out in the place that's affecting your confidence about why it's affecting your confidence seems self defeating to me....

Of course, it might just be that you're indulging in a spot of attention seeking, but even if that is the case, you might need to sort out why you're doing that.

Top Tip - this isn;t real life...

Mr Icebreaker

Hatfield

Got to say that if you're struggling with your confidence as a result of your interactions in a place as ephemeral and inconsequential as this you probably need to have a quiet chat with a professional (either a coach or a counsellor) about why that is the case. Asking the people who hang out in the place that's affecting your confidence about why it's affecting your confidence seems self defeating to me....

Of course, it might just be that you're indulging in a spot of attention seeking, but even if that is the case, you might need to sort out why you're doing that.

Top Tip - this isn;t real life...

Mr Icebreaker"

Thanks for the advice.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

You've chosen who you wish to respond to on this thread, other people do the same. I don't feel sidelined by you or that you're ignoring me, I understand that you can't respond to every contributor."

That's just what I was going to say.

Hatfield

You've chosen who you wish to respond to on this thread, other people do the same. I don't feel sidelined by you or that you're ignoring me, I understand that you can't respond to every contributor.

That's just what I was going to say. "

Really? You've changed

Widnes

"Never used to struggle with confidence until I started using fab. Lol

I think it's down to how vulnerable we are on here, we open ourselves to judgement and that can be difficult.

Just remember, that you won't be everyone's cup of tea. And that's ok, some people don't want to talk to you because of their own issues too. We're all human, just try not take rejection as a failure on your side. It happens to us all x"

Interesting notion, may I ask what is your thought process on people being vulnerable on here, as in your description of it and reasoning for it

I posted a thread yesterday about the same thing. I was surprised by the response I got as people were very engaging and helpful. Just keep contributing.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm not ignoring you in any way. I just remember being completely slated by you when I first joined and started using the forums. So I'm just being cautious to what I say"

Well, there you go then. People have reasons for engaging or not. Just as in every social interaction.

Keep engaging with the people you want to and who you feel are on the same wavelength and you'll find your niche.

I have killed threads before and been ignored but don’t give a stuff. Nor should you, it is only the internet

By *heel markMan  over a year ago

beside the sea

I have killed threads before and been ignored but don’t give a stuff. Nor should you, it is only the internet "

Exactly, sometimes i get a reply sometimes i dont, its no biggy ,its not real life its a forum on the internet.

By *heel markMan  over a year ago

beside the sea

A casinf point

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

Threads can move really quickly, so your comment might get lost amongst it all. I sometimes think ‘wow, I have managed to say something original/ witty/ interesting, that should get a response’ and then nobody comments. Probably because it has moved on (or isn’t as witty/ interesting/ original as I thought)

Don’t take it to heart I’ve been on here a while and am always polite and respectful and I just get my messages deleted because I’m a single male... however some single males ruin it for the rest I’m afraid ??

Happens to us all dude! Keep positive man and try joining in with some of the engaging threads - it seems to be helping me

It happens to me quite often tbh being ignored, but I say fk it & just continue to comment on threads whilst being ignored

I kinda think it's the ones ignoring who have the problem & not me

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

To be honest, I never understand this, it's not really being ignored personally, it's just your comment might have been lost in a conversation already happening. It happens alot to me, I don't take it personally, I just carry on posting

Try not to take it too personally. If you want to contribute on a thread, then do so. I take the time to read threads and I think you can catch glimpses of people's personalities/humour. I don't usually get much of a reply to comments I make on the threads, but sometimes get private messages and engage with people that way. Don't feel disheartened, just keep doing what you're doing. Just because people don't reply to you on threads, doesn't mean that that don't value your contribution or notice what you have to say x

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

That's just what I was going to say.

Really? You've changed "

How so?

Don't look at it as thread killing - if you've had the last response take it as a compliment that your wisdom was the "final word" - nothing more needs said!

As for being ignored, yeah, most of us are, so you're in good company

I know how you feel mate

Don't worry about it, I love killing a thread look I've just ended this one

Widnes

Reading above just, literally what people are saying is what happens to me. I'm a total noob to these forums anyway but what people are saying is mostly going over my head tbh it's hard to keep up

I just be me and expect nothing in return, if I don't sound like a twat and I sound humble then bonus, if I actually make sense people can relate to then even better. I like to listen and learn to better myself daily so I'm happy to absorb and be educated. People are joining posts and I have no idea who they're talking to

Maybe it's because I'm using it on my phone but it's somewhat confusing

Nantwich

"Interesting notion, may I ask what is your thought process on people being vulnerable on here, as in your description of it and reasoning for it"

The physiology behind it interests me to be fair, and it's not always the case however here are my thoughts on it.

In any situation were we leave ourselves to be judged by others, can have a detrimental result in our mental health. Applying oneself on a website, were we leave ourselves to be judged by others, to be rejected by others can lead to further spiralling out.

I am actually writing something up for my work currently, about how "self harm" for example is more than what people associate with it as the normal self harm. It comes in various ways, including taking risks. Such as having sex with others... Now, that doesn't mean I'm here judging everyone thinking we're all self harming ourselves; but there may be a few who find this as a release and self harm can actually be healthy. Yes.. I just said it - self harm can be healthy. If done safely.

Now, back to the subject at hand. Mental Health is a complex thing, and what works for one person, won't work for another. However even if a new way of helping, helps 1% of the population... It's worth doing. This site is like an other social site, it can have counter affects on people's mental health - however it can also be good for some. Again, this can easily be a release for some.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It happens. Imagine being a bi guy like me and often being skipped over in threads cos straight guys are too scared to comment. Or just don’t want to...there was one yesterday- I asked a question and was ignored, a lady asks same question and is fawned all over by the op.

Widnes

"Interesting notion, may I ask what is your thought process on people being vulnerable on here, as in your description of it and reasoning for it

The physiology behind it interests me to be fair, and it's not always the case however here are my thoughts on it.

In any situation were we leave ourselves to be judged by others, can have a detrimental result in our mental health. Applying oneself on a website, were we leave ourselves to be judged by others, to be rejected by others can lead to further spiralling out.

I am actually writing something up for my work currently, about how "self harm" for example is more than what people associate with it as the normal self harm. It comes in various ways, including taking risks. Such as having sex with others... Now, that doesn't mean I'm here judging everyone thinking we're all self harming ourselves; but there may be a few who find this as a release and self harm can actually be healthy. Yes.. I just said it - self harm can be healthy. If done safely.

Now, back to the subject at hand. Mental Health is a complex thing, and what works for one person, won't work for another. However even if a new way of helping, helps 1% of the population... It's worth doing. This site is like an other social site, it can have counter affects on people's mental health - however it can also be good for some. Again, this can easily be a release for some."

Very interesting and well thought out/presented answer mate. I can totally see what you mean there yeah as in self harm can be applicable to other things than the usual stereotypical one's it's associated with. And the vulnerabilities of presenting yourself on a platform like this to essentially be judged. Because let's face it at the end of the day people are taking their pic of their favourite sweets in the candy shop and there's obvious variables with acceptance and the emotions attached to said variables

Interesting one that mate, I've heard of a link prior with regards to promiscuous sexual activity and the self harming/detrimental effects it could have in some cases. Naturally not everyone is on here for them reasons, people are just enjoying the spice of life and friendships etc but I guess there is a certain level of vulnerability we potract ourselves into when putting ourselves on the social media platter and the elements of vulnerability are people being able to pick holes in you and compliment you in equal measure

I won't drone on further as to clog up the thread but thanks for that detailed explanation that was very interesting. Good to get the mind ticking I find, I love to delve in people's minds and see how they think. There's the obvious self defence mechanisms associated to the above isn't there also

Intriguing stuff and the sincerest of gratitude for that. Have a nice day mate

Some interesting and intelligent stuff here, thanks for posting. In terms of the OP... I just talk the same general bollocks I do everywhere else and I don't mind if no one takes any notice. It's good to express stuff whether anyone responds or not and even if they don't reply it doesn't mean they haven't read it and agreed. Have your say, sound off like you got a pair!

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"Posting on this thread is a bit like Russian roulette - who's going to kill a thread about thread-killing!"

Poster No.175

By *am4CamWoman  over a year ago

Fairy Land

Me too; which makes me chuckle. On my original profile, which quite clearly wasn’t as stealthy as I now choose to be, my comments were usually recognised and followed up on. The world is a funny thing, don’t let it bug you, keep soldiering on, it just takes time deary.

Look a it as a personal achievement - last word freak, without the block ;~)

I’m another

Hold my beer (Not that I drink the stuff)

I've managed to kill a few threads in my time OP. Don't let it get you down fella, it happens

"Posting on this thread is a bit like Russian roulette - who's going to kill a thread about thread-killing!

Poster No.175 "

61 and counting......

I bet if I post on this thread everyone will ignore me

lol hey maybe you should go to MLS social its the only way

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We all start somewhere and most people haven't ever posted, unlike you op. Hang in there, perhaps experiment a little, to see if you start to get varied outcomes. With topics, it may just be that your time of engagement, due to shifts and lifestyle, tends to be following on from where/when others have done their bit.

Alternatively, you may instinctively add the definitive and clear position that fully satisfies the point of many threads.

Perhaps find some socials to saunter along to, to allow mutual feels amongst others, for who you all are.

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Just keep contributing and being yourself. We all kill threads now and then or Don't get responses to every comment.

Forum moves fast, just play it how you want.

X

By *ohnjones3210Man  over a year ago

Chester

Nahhhh mate, watch this:

Hello ladies! I love you all!

By *xycpl699Couple  over a year ago

kilmarnock

"Interesting notion, may I ask what is your thought process on people being vulnerable on here, as in your description of it and reasoning for it

Now, back to the subject at hand. Mental Health is a complex thing, and what works for one person, won't work for another. However even if a new way of helping, helps 1% of the population... It's worth doing. This site is like an other social site, it can have counter affects on people's mental health - however it can also be good for some. Again, this can easily be a release for some.

Very interesting and well thought out/presented answer mate. I can totally see what you mean there yeah as in self harm can be applicable to other things than the usual stereotypical one's it's associated with. And the vulnerabilities of presenting yourself on a platform like this to essentially be judged. Because let's face it at the end of the day people are taking their pic of their favourite sweets in the candy shop and there's obvious variables with acceptance and the emotions attached to said variables

Interesting one that mate, I've heard of a link prior with regards to promiscuous sexual activity and the self harming/detrimental effects it could have in some cases. Naturally not everyone is on here for them reasons, people are just enjoying the spice of life and friendships etc but I guess there is a certain level of vulnerability we potract ourselves into when putting ourselves on the social media platter and the elements of vulnerability are people being able to pick holes in you and compliment you in equal measure

I won't drone on further as to clog up the thread but thanks for that detailed explanation that was very interesting. Good to get the mind ticking I find, I love to delve in people's minds and see how they think. There's the obvious self defence mechanisms associated to the above isn't there also

Intriguing stuff and the sincerest of gratitude for that. Have a nice day mate "

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I've killed a number of threads over my time on here, and constantly feel ignored, but I'm still here. #Don'tCare.

You arent the only one. ive(rabbit) killed a few threads in the last cpl of days dont worry about it.

"I bet if I post on this thread everyone will ignore me "

Hi fully loaded!

Now I bet this darn thread dies..

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

Nahhhh mate, watch this:

Hello ladies! I love you all!"

Love it!!

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We’re the REAL thread killers

Chester

Nahhhh mate, watch this:

Hello ladies! I love you all!

Love it!! "

Ffs! There's always one.

It happens OP it’s a pain in the butt but you’ve to just try again later

If anyone ends this thread, it'll be me.

"If anyone ends this thread, it'll be me. "

I'll save ya!

S x

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

Just talk about cake, that usually gets a few replies

People do it. Grinds my gears especially when an OP quotes or acknowledges everyone bar your comment.

I know it can be genuine and you can’t answer everyone I just feel a little self important and that my shit should be noticed. I usually make a big deal about it as well!

"We’re the REAL thread killers "
you are RIP the thread

Chester

People do it. Grinds my gears especially when an OP quotes or acknowledges everyone bar your comment.

I know it can be genuine and you can’t answer everyone I just feel a little self important and that my shit should be noticed. I usually make a big deal about it as well!"

Please accept this as formal recognition of your comment.

I know it can be genuine and you can’t answer everyone I just feel a little self important and that my shit should be noticed. I usually make a big deal about it as well!

Please accept this as formal recognition of your comment. "

Ignored

I know it can be genuine and you can’t answer everyone I just feel a little self important and that my shit should be noticed. I usually make a big deal about it as well!"

I can recommend counting to ten and breath!

Remember honest, upfront, direct answers, people don't usually like!

Its not sympathetic enough for them, especially in a public place!

"I bet if I post on this thread everyone will ignore me "

I checked you're right!

(I don't fancy you, just cos I replied)

By *heHookyMonsterMan  over a year ago

Coventry

So true! The cliques are alive and well!

Sometimes it’s best to be ignored. Less drama then

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

Nope that's me!

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I could count on one hand the amount of times anyone has directly responded to me on these forums. I've come to the conclusion that that is just the way things are here, it's certainly not because my post is lacking in charm and scintillating wit....so I say what I want to say and move on.

"I could count on one hand the amount of times anyone has directly responded to me on these forums. I've come to the conclusion that that is just the way things are here, it's certainly not because my post is lacking in charm and scintillating wit....so I say what I want to say and move on."
ahhh but then along came Sally

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

You’re not being ignored now are you

Try not to notice things like that , it really isn’t important, it’s a forum of loveable misfits. I’m sure the people that really matter don’t ignore you !!!

Try not to notice things like that , it really isn’t important, it’s a forum of loveable misfits. I’m sure the people that really matter don’t ignore you !!!"

who said that

Hello everyone on the thread!

By *erdyWoman  over a year ago

wiltshire

Try not to notice things like that , it really isn’t important, it’s a forum of loveable misfits. I’m sure the people that really matter don’t ignore you !!!"

i hear you sister

Happens to everyone it still happens to me after being on here for 8 years don't worry about it I don't

I'll take one for the team, post last in case it dies......

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

We’ve all done it - the last 3 threads I started only got sympathy replies from friends

Forum life...

Threads die all the time. It's nothing personal.

By *_MariusMan  over a year ago

Currently Faraway

ditto...I tried to start a completely innocuous thread, good-humoured one and I got mostly well..."particular" reviews

Some days it works some days it doesn't, I guess.

You have to be in the right circle or say something controversial, sure they might curse you but never take it personal

Currently Faraway

"You have to be in the right circle or say something controversial, sure they might curse you but never take it personal "

GreekGent?? As in milas ellinika???

"You have to be in the right circle or say something controversial, sure they might curse you but never take it personal

GreekGent?? As in milas ellinika???"

He’s asking if i’m good in the box like Lineker folks

No Marius, I don’t speak Greek...I struggle with English more time brother

Currently Faraway

"You have to be in the right circle or say something controversial, sure they might curse you but never take it personal

No Marius, I don’t speak Greek...I struggle with English more time brother "

krima....kai egw nomiza oti mporw na kouventiasw me enan allon Ellina edw

krima....kai egw nomiza oti mporw na kouventiasw me enan allon Ellina edw "

Haha unfortunately not my friend now stop or you’ll blow my cover

Currently Faraway

krima....kai egw nomiza oti mporw na kouventiasw me enan allon Ellina edw

Haha unfortunately not my friend now stop or you’ll blow my cover "

I hope the big city is treating you nicely mate xx

This is happening to us all the time now.... All messages around ours get answered, and we are just invisible lol

Yeah I’ve had it a few time today alone, shit happens move on

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"This is happening to us all the time now.... All messages around ours get answered, and we are just invisible lol"
You're not ignored now! Nice body stocking and decorating

What’s a fab royal?

And it just thought it was me!

"And it just thought it was me!"

Nah you're not alone, I do it all the time.

I'm doing it now.

By *ungscotsman26Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Happens all the time haha don't worry. Just move on to the next

Solihull

Definitely being sensitive, unless you have the type of needy personality where you post something and keep checking to see if you've had a reply.

Just continue to post but don't live by whether you get a reply or not.

According to the green arrow in the last load of posts you've contributed to not one shows you as being the last poster/thread killer.

As someone else said a threads probably run out of steam anyway when it dies and very shortly drops out of people's memories as they move onto new threads

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

Try coming up with funnier and more engaging content?

"This is happening to us all the time now.... All messages around ours get answered, and we are just invisible lol You're not ignored now! Nice body stocking and decorating "

Lovely tattoo on your leg, and cupcakes, yummy

Happens to everyone keep posting your opinions that’s what the forums are for after all

Not a bad thing being ignored in a thread , you can say what you want no matter how controversial & get away with it

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

"Try coming up with funnier and more engaging content? "

It's OK, I'm paying attention to you... I mean, me...

I'm not ignoring you, I'm just thinking of something more important.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Not a bad thing being ignored in a thread , you can say what you want no matter how controversial & get away with it "

You've clearly never been put on the naughty step and had your post deleted/censored.

"Not a bad thing being ignored in a thread , you can say what you want no matter how controversial & get away with it "
oh no you can't

Couldn't agree more.

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

"Not a bad thing being ignored in a thread , you can say what you want no matter how controversial & get away with it

Couldn't agree more. "

Until the ban hammer drops a few hours later for breaking rules

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Pretty much every time for me... Especially when you put up a post with no replies

"Pretty much every time for me... Especially when you put up a post with no replies "
really who said that

"Pretty much every time for me... Especially when you put up a post with no replies "

Can't believe anyone would ignore you

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Pretty much every time for me... Especially when you put up a post with no replies

Can't believe anyone would ignore you"

Maybe it's the topic. I do write crazy topics... It happens alot on forums. Only afew people respond to people's comments. They might know each other outside of the forums or like flirting publicly or wana argue... So many reasons why

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Pretty much every time for me... Especially when you put up a post with no replies really who said that "

You always reply back to me

Hatfield

"Pretty much every time for me... Especially when you put up a post with no replies really who said that

You always reply back to me "

And then you get people who block you for no reason

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's not a bad thing if someone posts a definitive post that covers all bases, leaving nothing further to be added.

I get totally ignored in some forum sections... especially a certain one...I don't know why honestly I don't...

It's more a reflection on the people who totally blank me...

It doesn't bother me though in the least nor does it put me off from commenting. Sometimes it encourages me to comment more knowing I'll be ignored in a certain section...

I know it annoys some also ... I have informants who contacted me of their own accord. It's so clear to see what goes on in some forum sections & threads. Alot of cliquish behaviour who it's very clear get a kick out of blanking certain newcomers, including me...as I said I get blanked also in a certain forum section... & it's not the virus one.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Everyone has experienced this at one time or another.

Like everything else on here you need to be patient and keep posting and making a positive contribution.

Eventually you will be starting threads about how you never get ignored in the forums and people keep pestering you by responding and trying to start conversations.

Get ignored all the time. I leave private notes against profiles just to remind me not to flogg a dead horse..

I use the forums to suit myself not others. It took me a long time to learn that I don’t have to please other users or seek their approval.

If nobody replies to my comments it doesn’t offend me, I’ve grown a thick skin.

I’ve had a few falling outs and disagreements, even been on the naughty stair a couple of times.

On the upside I’ve made some lovely friends, people who I’d never have come across if it weren’t for the forums and throughout covid some of the threads were a comfort.

Hope you persevered OP, they are worth it. Mainly

V

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Happens all the time more common for me is to post something it gets ignored only for somebody to post pretty much exactly what I said three or four posts early and then it gets picked up and run with. Clearly they are more popular

"Everyone has experienced this at one time or another.

Like everything else on here you need to be patient and keep posting and making a positive contribution.

Eventually you will be starting threads about how you never get ignored in the forums and people keep pestering you by responding and trying to start conversations. "

Ooooooohhh ok...So you say "everyone has experienced this at one time or another"...Being totally blanked, ignored & boycotted in some threads...Even replies to other peoples comments yes... I honestly think it's bad manners & defo more a reflection on them than me. So I'm not the only one...Pheeeeeeewww.

In all honesty though in 1 particular section it does look like a personal attack on me for whatever reason I have no idea.

What happens sometimes is the OP will comment on every single comment in his thread & blank mine LMAO...My comments are normal etc...& harmless. Anyway you wouldn't see such behaviour in the school playground tbh... Buuuttttttt yup I'll keep posting. Maybe they think if they keep ignoring me I'll stop interacting...Nah I ain't going anywhere...

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

It happens to us all the time op, try not to take it personally! I just laugh now when the op replies to all the other comments and completely ignores ours! Doesn’t stop me posting Miss pc

By *aughty_builder87Man  over a year ago

Keston

Happens to the best of us, as long as you’re not saying something horrendously insensitive then don’t worry too much. With so many men on fab(disproportionately so to the general population) a lot of men will focus on replying to women in the hopes of getting noticed, leaving a large percentage of messages to be ignored or skipped by

"It happens to us all the time op, try not to take it personally! I just laugh now when the op replies to all the other comments and completely ignores ours! Doesn’t stop me posting Miss pc "

^^^^^^^ This - Quote -

"I just laugh now when the op replies to all the other comments and completely ignores ours"... I'm beginning to find it quite entertaining too...Seeing is believing tbh...Strange behaviour in all fairness though... ha...

& I'm beginning to realise some have such a fake online persona...& I've discovered Some are wolves in sheep clothing & there's many many sheep also

By *aughty_builder87Man  over a year ago

Keston

"It happens to us all the time op, try not to take it personally! I just laugh now when the op replies to all the other comments and completely ignores ours! Doesn’t stop me posting Miss pc

^^^^^^^ This - Quote -

"I just laugh now when the op replies to all the other comments and completely ignores ours"... I'm beginning to find it quite entertaining too...Seeing is believing tbh...Strange behaviour in all fairness though... ha...

& I'm beginning to realise some have such a fake online persona...& I've discovered Some are wolves in sheep clothing & there's many many sheep also "

Just read through some of your posts on the threads and I wouldn’t ignore you if you posted on mine but I find some can be a bit cliquey. Hopefully you find your way in the forums.

"It happens to us all the time op, try not to take it personally! I just laugh now when the op replies to all the other comments and completely ignores ours! Doesn’t stop me posting Miss pc

^^^^^^^ This - Quote -

& I'm beginning to realise some have such a fake online persona...& I've discovered Some are wolves in sheep clothing & there's many many sheep also

Just read through some of your posts on the threads and I wouldn’t ignore you if you posted on mine but I find some can be a bit cliquey. Hopefully you find your way in the forums."

Thanks for that X I forgot to point out that alot of the threads where I'm blanked & boycotted in a certain section & I have to stress a certain section only, there aren't many comments so it's not a case that it's a busy thread where some comments are missed . Thanks for your kind reply ... It means alot

^^^^^^^ This - Quote -

Just read through some of your posts on the threads and I wouldn’t ignore you if you posted on mine but I find some can be a bit cliquey. Hopefully you find your way in the forums.

Thanks for that X I forgot to point out that alot of the threads where I'm blanked & boycotted in a certain section & I have to stress a certain section only, there aren't many comments so it's not a case that it's a busy thread where some comments are missed . Thanks for your kind reply ... It means alot "

I'll be honest, I've not noticed you before.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Most threads I start are self propelling and don't require any further input from me after the initial post so that could be seen as me ignoring everyone who comments but I don't start threads to be the centre of attention.

I make a point of deliberately ignoring threads that are designed for that reason and I also ignore comments by posters who like to make other people's threads all about them.

Solihull

No one kills a thread themselves unless it causes admin to close it down.

If you're the last poster it's run it's course.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

I used to think that but then went back over a few threads and most comments aren't replied to, it's just you notice your own.

"Very much empathise. I do feel sometimes that instead of mansplaining in the forums, there’s a thread of hottiesplaining, with accompanying fervent responses."

THIS

By *edantic SheilaWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Who unkilled this thread now I will rekill it

I’ve killed a few in my time to still do

"I’ve killed a few in my time to still do "

You're so cruel, stop killing them

By *haron1701DTV/TS  over a year ago

ormskirk

Why is everyone going on about killing Fred?

What has he done????

"I’ve killed a few in my time to still do

You're so cruel, stop killing them "

By *ose and her beastCouple  over a year ago

Watford

Don't overthink it too much social media and the internet has a way of making you feel like your talking into the void don't take it to heart just move on

By *heHookyMonsterMan  over a year ago

Coventry

100% correct I suspect!

I’m a bad [redacted] you can’t kill me.

By *ootprints1629Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in moray

Nope not over sensitive I don't think..I'm always ignored to and I read of another lady who was a few months back and it really affected her.

By *ootprints1629Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in moray

"Everyone has had similar, try not to let it get to you. Keep trying and remember it's all about the effort xx"

I'm not sure I agree with all about the effort..in the past and present I have quite alot put 100% effort in some of the comments I make and not just 2 sentences either and .still ignored alot of the time.

Hatfield

Nope not over sensitive I don't think..I'm always ignored to and I read of another lady who was a few months back and it really affected her.

"

Ye fab is a funny old world. You try your hardest to join in. In real life I'm a confident happy person who chats to anyone but not on here. My confidence is shocking on here lol

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Same happens to me on here and in real life, perhaps I only gel with a very select few. Too old and grumpy to care anymore c'est la vie

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Think of it like an achievement

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Who are these "fab royals"? I have no clue

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

Who are these "fab royals"? I have no clue "

Penrith

"Everyone has had similar, try not to let it get to you. Keep trying and remember it's all about the effort xx"

Nice arse

Penrith

The Clique

Selby

The Clique "

Is that a Gibson Les Paul golden top Standard 50's ?

[Removed by poster at 20/05/22 09:17:06]

Penrith

The Clique

Is that a Gibson Les Paul golden top Standard 50's ? "

The Epiphone version yes (same guitar Noel used to record the Definitely Maybe album) ????

AKA Forum Favourites. They self identify often.

No point being in a clique if no-one knows.

Selby

The Clique

Is that a Gibson Les Paul golden top Standard 50's ?

The Epiphone version yes (same guitar Noel used to record the Definitely Maybe album) ????"

That's a nice guitar ,i was to buy one months but i end up with the Ibanez AR725

Selby

AKA Forum Favourites. They self identify often.

No point being in a clique if no-one knows. "

I know nothing about

If you feel you’re being ignored just say something mildly offensive. I bet you won’t be ignored for long

Manchester (she/her)

"If you feel you’re being ignored just say something mildly offensive. I bet you won’t be ignored for long "

Define offensive. Left of centre?

Selby

"If you feel you’re being ignored just say something mildly offensive. I bet you won’t be ignored for long "

Love it

"If you feel you’re being ignored just say something mildly offensive. I bet you won’t be ignored for long

Define offensive. Left of centre? "

On here it doesn’t even have to be offensive. You can just say hobnobs are shit and people go mental

Manchester (she/her)

"If you feel you’re being ignored just say something mildly offensive. I bet you won’t be ignored for long

On here it doesn’t even have to be offensive. You can just say hobnobs are shit and people go mental "

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

On here it doesn’t even have to be offensive. You can just say hobnobs are shit and people go mental "

What about Haribos?

On here it doesn’t even have to be offensive. You can just say hobnobs are shit and people go mental

What about Haribos?"

I’m triggered