FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > How do the single people do it?

How do the single people do it?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Before you all start about how long I’ve been here so should know my shit you need to understand that in 9 years I’ve met just 6 guys that have been sex meets. After each one I’ve tweaked things to to try and minimise the post meet blues. Like the most recent one couldn’t have got a more decent guy. Was no promising shit or telling me stuff they think I want to hear. Was completely clear it was a one off cos of distance, everything left friendly. No issues there but forget the guy cos it’s not really about that, it would be the same no matter who it was.

Struggling to articulate what the fuck I’m on about but like say everything is good in your life. You love your jobs, you got your child/children, got your siblings, your friends, your house, your car, everything’s ticking over and smooth no worries, you wanna do something or go somewhere there’s an abundance of people on the end of the phone to go with or have a mate or your sister round to watch telly, you even enjoy your own company and find joy in simple shit like driving to the shop or driving to work with music on, got your free gym m_mbership so can go the gym or a fitness class whenever you want. Everything is good, no dramas.

Still doesn’t stop me feeling like there’s a man shaped hole in my life. Like I wouldn’t want one around me all the time, can’t fart or take a comfy dump when you want but I did enjoy the cwtching (cuddling) having a dick to suck when you want and being fucked. It’s like a closeness that only a man type can provide and I don’t like feeling that I can’t meet all my needs is what I’m saying. To use an analogy, I’m a trivial pursuit playing piece, I need all my cheese slices. Got family, entertainment, employment, environmental factors, friendship, health but always a slot missing.

I don’t want a boyfriend couldn’t cope and get bored but how do the single folk manage to fulfil that area of sex and human closeness without feeling a bit empty afterwards?

Is the solution to always have your finger in multiple pies so you just get on with planning who to meet next cos that’s a hell of a lot of effort to continuously find people that tick all the boxes. Then there’s the risk of meeting too much that one person starts to get feelings.

How do the single people amongst us get the right balance?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

Sounds like you're after a boyfriend or at least a regular friend with benefits. I for one know that I kinda hated being single.

By *hileas-FoggMan  over a year ago

inverurie

Guess I lost myself in work or try and keep friends with benifits. That don't get attached! It's difficult to do tho but being able to be alone is the key focus on what you can do e. G spontaneously go out without having to ask or drag someone else along x

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

I'm still wondering how the hell to find that missing piece too so you're not alone.

Yeah having a meet is fab and one where there has been cuddling and closeness really filled a big chunk of that woman shaped hole for a while and made me realise what has been missing too.

I dont think I want a full on monogamous relationship or a lot of the stuff that goes with it but the human contact part does mean you spend a lot of time thinking about it, craving it and trying to find a fix for it.

Fuck knows how to fix it, I guess that if and when it happens you'll just know and for now we all keep trying to get just a little slice of that trivial persuits pie even if just fleetingly.

Distance is a cunt of a thing eh Cluster x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's a really good question, and something I've struggled with too.

I find talking to someone who understands it, is the best thing. Maybe someone from on here, who can be a sounding board?

By *r easy1981Man  over a year ago

leeds

Your thinking to much in to it just try to relax and go with it

I'm happy with just sex, dont want a relationship and dont get the after sex blues. I hadn't even heard of them till recently.

I live with friends so have people to keep me company when I'm at home and I work a great deal too which keeps me from overthinking on the subject.

I went 5 years without a relationship or even sex and that led me to date my last girlfriend. That lasted 5 weeks and I swear, after the first week I knew I wanted to be single again. I love my family, I love my friends and they love me back. That's all the love I need.

Great OP

same for me, never chose to be single but now choose to be, don’t want a full on relationship anymore but miss the closeness I once had, miss doing things without having to plan and try to get on with things as best as poss, I’m sure looking at you, you can have a man anytime you want and choose who it will be but agree, dosnt always bring the thing you want most, intimacy, good luck in your quest xx

Oh I’m 100% okay with being alone. I was with my child’s father for 9 years and dropped that dead weight before she was born. Been pretty much single the whole of the last 10 years. Have excellent support around me, family, my kids father has her a lot. Been able to go on holidays with my friends their kids with my daughter and the odd long weekend in Marbs with just the girls over the years. Socially I can pretty much do whatever, my child goes abroad with her father for 2 fortnights a year as well.

I’m kind of used to being on my own, catch my own spiders, assemble my own flat pack, do my own decorating and odd jobs, alright a few door knobs might fall off here and there but I’m totally self sufficient.

I can go months and months without sex or even speaking to guys but when you have it you think that you miss that little element that they provide.

"Oh I’m 100% okay with being alone. I was with my child’s father for 9 years and dropped that dead weight before she was born. Been pretty much single the whole of the last 10 years. Have excellent support around me, family, my kids father has her a lot. Been able to go on holidays with my friends their kids with my daughter and the odd long weekend in Marbs with just the girls over the years. Socially I can pretty much do whatever, my child goes abroad with her father for 2 fortnights a year as well.

I’m kind of used to being on my own, catch my own spiders, assemble my own flat pack, do my own decorating and odd jobs, alright a few door knobs might fall off here and there but I’m totally self sufficient.

I can go months and months without sex or even speaking to guys but when you have it you think that you miss that little element that they provide. "

Seems like your pretty self sufficient and prob feel like this after a meet or coz weathers so bad and just wanna stay under the covers for a cuddle, that’s what I miss x

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

I sorted my relationship out with myself. I started seeing myself as whole (even with the tricky empty feelings) and stopped externalising my happiness. The idea that I needed a partner to 'complete' me fell away. I'm my own 'the one'.

Once I put that perspective on things I began to attract loves. I'm polyamorous so that probably helps take away the 'singleton' feeling whilst still being single.

Trust yourself OP, give out what you want to attract in .. and it will come x

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

We’re not meant to be alone, we need a soulmate

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I don't think I will ever find the right balance. It's more a case of self preservation as I don't want to get close to anyone yet I don't want to have a conveyor belt of men.

Currently I have actual good mates who I can do matey things with and then they let me bounce around with/on them. Pillow talk and a cuddle isn't an issue either it's just normal. These arrangements work well as long as I maintain my ice cold black heartedness. It works for now.

"I sorted my relationship out with myself. I started seeing myself as whole (even with the tricky empty feelings) and stopped externalising my happiness. The idea that I needed a partner to 'complete' me fell away. I'm my own 'the one'.

Once I put that perspective on things I began to attract loves. I'm polyamorous so that probably helps take away the 'singleton' feeling whilst still being single.

"

I always love reading your posts. You're very wise. I could learn a lot from you

"I sorted my relationship out with myself. I started seeing myself as whole (even with the tricky empty feelings) and stopped externalising my happiness. The idea that I needed a partner to 'complete' me fell away. I'm my own 'the one'.

I always love reading your posts. You're very wise. I could learn a lot from you "

Agreed, great post x

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Before you all start about how long I’ve been here so should know my shit you need to understand that in 9 years I’ve met just 6 guys that have been sex meets. After each one I’ve tweaked things to to try and minimise the post meet blues. Like the most recent one couldn’t have got a more decent guy. Was no promising shit or telling me stuff they think I want to hear. Was completely clear it was a one off cos of distance, everything left friendly. No issues there but forget the guy cos it’s not really about that, it would be the same no matter who it was.

Struggling to articulate what the fuck I’m on about but like say everything is good in your life. You love your jobs, you got your child/children, got your siblings, your friends, your house, your car, everything’s ticking over and smooth no worries, you wanna do something or go somewhere there’s an abundance of people on the end of the phone to go with or have a mate or your sister round to watch telly, you even enjoy your own company and find joy in simple shit like driving to the shop or driving to work with music on, got your free gym m_mbership so can go the gym or a fitness class whenever you want. Everything is good, no dramas.

Still doesn’t stop me feeling like there’s a man shaped hole in my life. Like I wouldn’t want one around me all the time, can’t fart or take a comfy dump when you want but I did enjoy the cwtching (cuddling) having a dick to suck when you want and being fucked. It’s like a closeness that only a man type can provide and I don’t like feeling that I can’t meet all my needs is what I’m saying. To use an analogy, I’m a trivial pursuit playing piece, I need all my cheese slices. Got family, entertainment, employment, environmental factors, friendship, health but always a slot missing.

I don’t want a boyfriend couldn’t cope and get bored but how do the single folk manage to fulfil that area of sex and human closeness without feeling a bit empty afterwards?

Is the solution to always have your finger in multiple pies so you just get on with planning who to meet next cos that’s a hell of a lot of effort to continuously find people that tick all the boxes. Then there’s the risk of meeting too much that one person starts to get feelings.

"

I mostly feel the same but it's a woman shape hole, and I don't want to say it but I don't think you ever will get the balance, you just have to fill that void with something else or just get a fwb, Good luck OP.

"

I live by LoA

Like I know I’m alright, even an hour ago I bumped into one of the girls I haven’t seen for a while and was proper pissing myself belly laughing with her having a catch up. Got my daughter who has so many after school activities, we’re always running around after school, and when we’re home we just chill together. My little sister clings to me and always wants to be around me as well. Got wicked best mates. Love work as well.

It’s like a boyfriend is too much, had one that I ended things with at Xmas and it was too much, needed my peace but then you can’t really say to a boyfriend type, look I got shit to do through the week and two weekends out of the month I want to do stuff with my daughter so can you just be my boyfriend every other weekend Friday to Sunday!

What’s the solution, have multiple friend with benefits type people, but then I can’t spread myself thinly, I can only give my attention to one person at a time.

It’s all this bull shit that makes me be like right fuck it, I won’t meet anybody.

What’s the solution, have multiple friend with benefits type people, but then I can’t spread myself thinly, I can only give my attention to one person at a time.

It’s all this bull shit that makes me be like right fuck it, I won’t meet anybody.

That’s what I’m trying now, already getting hassle for more from fbs, dunno what to do except be a twat but not in my nature, hsrd one to work out x

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

" can you just be my boyfriend every other weekend Friday to Sunday!

"

This would be the perfect solution for me too, at the moment!

You're not alone OP, I feel exactly the same.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Assuming you're not looking for an actual relationship, which I suspect you might actually be, here is your dilemma:

You've stated before that only 5% of men interest you, and you don't do sharing. That's fine as we all have our preferences; however this makes your objective nearly impossible.

The top 5% will interest 80-90% of women similar to you. If they're not looking for a relationship, they will have no shortage of offer and therefore have no incentive to limit themselves to one person, regardless of who she might be. You've shown through your posts that you're often insecure and jealous and men smell that a mile away. Unless you're comfortable that the one guy you fancy will be seeing other women then an exclusive fwb is a pointless exercise. You might get lucky and find one, but odds are good you won't.

If you can't come to grips with this then meeting people from fab is a pointless exercise. The fact you've been here that long and have met so few people and have been unable to keep one either in a relationship or a regular fwb speaks volumes.

‘Tis fucking hard.

Like I think I’d be offended if a guy said I only want you around when I’ve got free time.

For me it’s every other weekend, like how do you say to a guy, look I’ve got things to do but I’d rather be doing you when I’ve got free time.

I’d gone almost 3 months without any male contact and even though you’re ok without it, when you do have it it makes you think yeah I miss the sex and the spooning shit.

Yeah it’s just fucking hard like.

"‘Tis fucking hard.

Like I think I’d be offended if a guy said I only want you around when I’ve got free time.

For me it’s every other weekend, like how do you say to a guy, look I’ve got things to do but I’d rather be doing you when I’ve got free time.

I’d gone almost 3 months without any male contact and even though you’re ok without it, when you do have it it makes you think yeah I miss the sex and the spooning shit.

Yeah it’s just fucking hard like. "

Agreed, thought the comment above was a bit harsh, need to find like minded people and then keep at arms length, nightmare! X

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The bits I miss just aren't worth it. You learn to harden yourself I guess.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Even with a fwb things can get lonely.

I want the hugs, closeness too but not the crap!!

Maybe I need a better fwb!!!!!

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Tbh OP, I think very few people - whether single or attached - have a perfect balance in their lives.

I'm married with kids and find myself sometimes jealous of my friends who are single parents, because of the freedom they have when their kids are with their dad or mum. I feel the same about people who have family support with their kids - we don't have that, and it can be hard to find time for each other, let alone time to myself.

I know that sounds ridiculous and it doesn't mean I'm not happy with my life, just that there is no such thing as a "perfect" balance. There will always be compromises to be made. It comes down to what's most important to you.

Mrs TMN x

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

Not sure if i’m honest.

I have quite a chaotic life due to various things at home and for me being single gives me a sense of calmness.

It’s one less demand on my time. Yes i miss having sex on tap, cuddles on tap, feeling loved, giving my love etc.

But, i don’t miss having to make myself available emotionally, physically, having to shoe horn arrangements in that ultimately stress me out because i’m giving yet another piece of myself away and having to worry about one more person.

Having someone i can just meet up with, boff, and then go gives me the freedom that i need right now.

I have to cater in the feelings of too many people to find someone who is right for me - and i know that is impossible. So there is a peace in that sort of?

I’m dunno. Ask me the same question again when my hormones are playing up and you’d probably get a different answer....

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Before you all start about how long I’ve been here so should know my shit you need to understand that in 9 years I’ve met just 6 guys that have been sex meets. After each one I’ve tweaked things to to try and minimise the post meet blues. Like the most recent one couldn’t have got a more decent guy. Was no promising shit or telling me stuff they think I want to hear. Was completely clear it was a one off cos of distance, everything left friendly. No issues there but forget the guy cos it’s not really about that, it would be the same no matter who it was.

"

Maybe you havent met the right person

When you meet someone who gives you that 'butterflies"feeling you do want them in your life imho.

By *r SxxMan  over a year ago

ashford

I feel I am at that stage aswell.

i do enjoy meeting new people and having "random" meets, but there is part of me that wants more now.... but only occasioanlly it seems. I sometimes wish I had a GF, but really dont have that space in my life at the mo, and have been hurt so its not my natural happy space as such.

Maybe i am just looking for a very good friend, who is a FWB. Occasional fun but occasional pizza and movie?

Who knows, it's all a mystery haha

By *omesticflightMan  over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

It's good you're getting it out your head. Talking puts things in perspective.

I dont think there is a perfect balance. It's the human condition. There will always be something not quite right, or missing.

I feel, and dwell upon that similar absence. From this point of view, I just need one hell of a fuck! Of course, maybe if it ever happened, it'd present a multitude of new issues I'm ignorant to right now.

Like I say, human condition- ye canney win! Embrace the absurdity, the misery is glorious.

Derby

There are guys out there who probably would be fine with the every other week thing as they have their own lives to lead too and I dont just mean the ones with kids.

Lots of us miss the closeness of a LTR but just dont want the crap that comes with it, it's not the crap parts that you miss anyway.

If i could find the closeness and regularity of knowing that in 2 weeks time I'm getting a full on concentrated fix of the best bits, I'd be overjoyed and make the most of every second of it.

Plus when its spread out like this, distance becomes a non issue too.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I enjoy being single, it means I can play or go to a club when I want. I can go to football when I want. Don’t get me wrong I do get the post meet blues especially if I know I am not going to get to a club for a few weeks. But I am always planning a couple of weeks ahead anyway

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I personally are happy being single.I don't want a relationship I have fwbs and that's great. As they are friends as well..But a full relationship I definitely am not interested in at all. I like being single.

If I ever did decide to go the relationship route it would not be monogamous I've seen since I joined here they very rarely work and maybe being open with each other and truthful would be a better way to look at relationships. But at present I'm happy with my life as it is.

[Removed by poster at 24/02/20 15:15:03]

"Assuming you're not looking for an actual relationship, which I suspect you might actually be, here is your dilemma:

You've stated before that only 5% of men interest you, and you don't do sharing. That's fine as we all have our preferences; however this makes your objective nearly impossible.

The top 5% will interest 80-90% of women similar to you. If they're not looking for a relationship, they will have no shortage of offer and therefore have no incentive to limit themselves to one person, regardless of who she might be. You've shown through your posts that you're often insecure and jealous and men smell that a mile away. Unless you're comfortable that the one guy you fancy will be seeing other women then an exclusive fwb is a pointless exercise. You might get lucky and find one, but odds are good you won't.

If you can't come to grips with this then meeting people from fab is a pointless exercise. The fact you've been here that long and have met so few people and have been unable to keep one either in a relationship or a regular fwb speaks volumes."

Do you have to be so nasty in the way you converse, there’s really no need for it.

Yes I’m aware that what I want is impossible. Very few guys interest me that’s correct. I’m not gonna say I get jealous cos it’s not really jealousy it’s more the risk of contamination, like I fucking hate germs, you have no idea, it baffles me as I can eat an arse hole but if someone went to take something off my plate or breathed on my food or drank out of my bottle it makes me feel sick. Like if I had 1000% reassurance that a guy would tool up if he met another bird and would keep his bareback activities to me only the sharing wouldn’t be a problem.

I know it’s weird, it’s misconstrued as me being insecure but it’s not. Like what someone does is their business, I’d just rather not know about it. Thinking about another person using a guy before me grosses me out so my preference would be someone that’s exclusive to me.

I’M AWARE that asking for that is selfish and weird and is asking way too much of a person that’s not a boyfriend.

In 9 years you have been intimate with 6 people on here. Or do you have other skeletons you haven't told us about outside of fab? This is very public so choose your words carefully.

I can totally relate to you OP!

By *arnayguyMan  over a year ago

Durham Tees

I have no doubt that you feel that there is a missing piece in your life. But I am just wondering if you feel the post meet come down more because of the chemicals which are released as a result of sex? Is it chemical as well as emotional? I don't know, just wondering out loud.

After a meet I furiously masturbate over Boldylonglegs photos

Cry

Then repeat until I feel better

"After a meet I furiously masturbate over Boldylonglegs photos

Cry

Then repeat until I feel better "

You say the sweetest things about me

"In 9 years you have been intimate with 6 people on here. Or do you have other skeletons you haven't told us about outside of fab? This is very public so choose your words carefully.

"

6 people that have been sex meets yes. I went through a phase of doing blow job and rim meets only with no sex.

Actual guys I’ve slept with is 6 but they’ve all been recycled. First guy in August 2011, again in 2013. 2nd guy was from Hull but ended up seeing him for 18 months till he fucked it up by saying he was gonna move to Wales. 3rd guy was 2014, 2016, 2017, 4th guy 2017/2018 5th guy March 2019 and 6th guy this weekend just passed.

"After a meet I furiously masturbate over Boldylonglegs photos

Cry

Then repeat until I feel better

You say the sweetest things about me "

You are cum worthy

"Assuming you're not looking for an actual relationship, which I suspect you might actually be, here is your dilemma:

If you can't come to grips with this then meeting people from fab is a pointless exercise. The fact you've been here that long and have met so few people and have been unable to keep one either in a relationship or a regular fwb speaks volumes.

Do you have to be so nasty in the way you converse, there’s really no need for it.

Yes I’m aware that what I want is impossible. Very few guys interest me that’s correct. I’m not gonna say I get jealous cos it’s not really jealousy it’s more the risk of contamination, like I fucking hate germs, you have no idea, it baffles me as I can eat an arse hole but if someone went to take something off my plate or breathed on my food or drank out of my bottle it makes me feel sick. Like if I had 1000% reassurance that a guy would tool up if he met another bird and would keep his bareback activities to me only the sharing wouldn’t be a problem.

I know it’s weird, it’s misconstrued as me being insecure but it’s not. Like what someone does is their business, I’d just rather not know about it. Thinking about another person using a guy before me grosses me out so my preference would be someone that’s exclusive to me.

I’M AWARE that asking for that is selfish and weird and is asking way too much of a person that’s not a boyfriend. "

I wasn't being nasty but merely blunt in my assessment as i've also noticed you much rather prefer honest opinions.

As to your reasons for not wanting to share, that is the weirdest explanation i've heard to date as i'm assuming the guy wouldn't do the someone else, then you back to back?? Regardless, they're your reasons and everyone is different.

You're in an uncompromising situation then. You don't want a relationship, but instead want a guy around to use at your leisure and discretion without giving him the opportunity of doing similar. Good luck.

By *mberWoman  over a year ago

Preston

Do you know what I want OP? I want a bf/partner/husband in a monogamous relationship with me who does stuff (weddings, parties, Christmas, days out, holidays etc) but just doesn't live with me.

We'd see each other regularly and chat and message lots but just not live together.

I know someone who does it with her husband.

It's unconventional, but so am I.

I just need to find someone else equally unconventional.

"I can totally relate to you OP!"

Sucks doesn’t it. If you were closer we could eat take aways and braid each other’s vaginas.

"In 9 years you have been intimate with 6 people on here. Or do you have other skeletons you haven't told us about outside of fab? This is very public so choose your words carefully.

6 people that have been sex meets yes. I went through a phase of doing blow job and rim meets only with no sex.

Actual guys I’ve slept with is 6 but they’ve all been recycled. First guy in August 2011, again in 2013. 2nd guy was from Hull but ended up seeing him for 18 months till he fucked it up by saying he was gonna move to Wales. 3rd guy was 2014, 2016, 2017, 4th guy 2017/2018 5th guy March 2019 and 6th guy this weekend just passed. "

And all very lucky fuckers!!!

I'm not really sure there's a halfway house here.

In many ways, I envy you single lot, being able to do what you want, when you want, and with whom you want.

Relationships are all well and good, but when they stop sexually fancying you, like mine, it's an inner sadness that hurts.

As for a man to fill the gaps, that is how full time relationships start isn't it?

Really wish I could find the female equivalent of me, and get it on!!

I’M AWARE that asking for that is selfish and weird and is asking way too much of a person that’s not a boyfriend.

I wasn't being nasty but merely blunt in my assessment as i've also noticed you much rather prefer honest opinions.

As to your reasons for not wanting to share, that is the weirdest explanation i've heard to date as i'm assuming the guy wouldn't do the someone else, then you back to back?? Regardless, they're your reasons and everyone is different.

You're in an uncompromising situation then. You don't want a relationship, but instead want a guy around to use at your leisure and discretion without giving him the opportunity of doing similar. Good luck."

Was more the last paragraph, the fact you’ve been here so long and unable to keep one in a relationship or fwb speaks volumes. That’s nasty shit and implies there’s something wrong with me.

An fwb thing I’ve never really tried so can’t I’ve never consented to one only been sold the promise of a relationship by guys who just wanted to fuck me. Now if a guy wants to fuck me and only fuck me then say so and I’ll either do it or I won’t, but don’t kiss my cheek to finger my arse. It’s the deception that I’ve kicked off about. Don’t say you want something you don’t. If people were honest with their intent I’d have no issue.

Now relationships I’ve only had two since I’ve been on here and I ended them both so don’t appreciate the comment about not being able to keep one.

But other than that I do appreciate your honesty and bluntness.

Manchester (she/her)

I think a balance I find tricky is, how do you find someone who ticks most of your boxes (or seems to) who isn't an illusion of some sort? Those who sell themselves well are so often egomaniacs, and I've got no patience for that crap. I'm happy to be one among many, but let's skip the games and the power or ego trips.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

How do the single people do it?

They get married, find a FB (or several) or invest in a plethora of sex toys and wank themselves silly when needed.

A

I'm single, 2 years now and I have stages where I am content, but I also have stages where I get lonely.

I miss the little things, cuddles, having someone to hold or have their legs over me as we banter about the film we are watching. Someone to talk to, someone you can confide in and someone to make smile.

I have a fwb (I prefer 'friend') who I meet about once a month and although I've always had a high sex drive, I've recently found myself content with what I have.

I'm not in a place to be looking for love and to settle down, but know one day I will.

Unfortunately though I dont have the answer to your question. It's a mixture of making the effort to find what you are looking for, luck and timing.

As long as 90% of your wedges are full then concentrate on those on those cold and lonely nights.

You seem intelligent and articulate from your post so I'm sure you would have no problems attracting someone, the hard part is finding them.

Good luck to you x

Derby

"Do you know what I want OP? I want a bf/partner/husband in a monogamous relationship with me who does stuff (weddings, parties, Christmas, days out, holidays etc) but just doesn't live with me.

We'd see each other regularly and chat and message lots but just not live together.

I just need to find someone else equally unconventional."

And herein lies the biggest issue of the lot....distance!

This is what I'd like but I'll be fuxked if I can ever see it happening especially when you factor in that every once in a while I'll look like i do on here.

We can all live in hope eh

By *andy6677Man  over a year ago

crewe

Im newly single again now after mearly 3 years not through my own choice she cheated on me. So i do want a life long relationship and even kids with the right girl but for now taking a breather and enjoying being single again. But i do hate being alone in bed again

You're in an uncompromising situation then. You don't want a relationship, but instead want a guy around to use at your leisure and discretion without giving him the opportunity of doing similar. Good luck.

Was more the last paragraph, the fact you’ve been here so long and unable to keep one in a relationship or fwb speaks volumes. That’s nasty shit and implies there’s something wrong with me.

An fwb thing I’ve never really tried so can’t I’ve never consented to one only been sold the promise of a relationship by guys who just wanted to fuck me. Now if a guy wants to fuck me and only fuck me then say so and I’ll either do it or I won’t, but don’t kiss my cheek to finger my arse. It’s the deception that I’ve kicked off about. Don’t say you want something you don’t. If people were honest with their intent I’d have no issue.

Now relationships I’ve only had two since I’ve been on here and I ended them both so don’t appreciate the comment about not being able to keep one.

But other than that I do appreciate your honesty and bluntness. "

If we're constantly failing or being unsuccessful at something isn't it normal to question if at least part of the problem lies with us? Any type of relationship is a two way street and there is often blame to be thrown around at both people when it ends.

To be blunt again, if you've been unsuccessful for so long part of the reason lies with you. You need to nail down what the issues with you have been and take steps to correct them, if able.

crewe

Had 3 failed relationships now all not my fault i did my best just they wanted more than i could give and i gave my all

Preston

"Do you know what I want OP? I want a bf/partner/husband in a monogamous relationship with me who does stuff (weddings, parties, Christmas, days out, holidays etc) but just doesn't live with me.

This is what I'd like but I'll be fuxked if I can ever see it happening especially when you factor in that every once in a while I'll look like i do on here.

We can all live in hope eh "

Where there's hope there's......dunno, I feel there's a saying .

I think up to an hour away works.

But yes, they have to tick my boxes and me theirs.

I'm quite nice, I should be able to find someone

Like in a perfect world I’d have a guy that was 100% honest and if he had to shag another bird he’d tool up and reduce the risk of contaminating himself. I wouldn’t know about the other conquests because I’d overthink things like germs and whether the other person was better looking than me or he had a better time with them. It’s all stuff I just don’t need to know. The guy would be available every other weekend when I had free time. That’s it.

Derby

I'm quite nice, I should be able to find someone "

Dammit....2 hours away so that us out of the window hahaa

You are nice from what I've seen of you in the forums so you definitely have that on your side

Actual guys I’ve slept with is 6 but they’ve all been recycled. First guy in August 2011, again in 2013. 2nd guy was from Hull but ended up seeing him for 18 months till he fucked it up by saying he was gonna move to Wales. 3rd guy was 2014, 2016, 2017, 4th guy 2017/2018 5th guy March 2019 and 6th guy this weekend just passed. "

So you have had more sexual activity than 6 times...this is not to judge you but an interested party might be put off by the idea of 6 in 9.

I do think you need to learn to compromise and share your home spaces a bit more it would be healthy. If you have a close friend who you could invite over for a weekend here and there it would be good practice.

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

Your investing to much in it u still have to remain detached it's not easy but If u dont you be like this after every meet u have to learn to take it for at it is and nothing more

"I can totally relate to you OP!

Sucks doesn’t it. If you were closer we could eat take aways and braid each other’s vaginas.

"

We could sell tickets to that show

"

From my point of view as a chap (and obviously prior to the large hole in my life that I wasn't fully aware of being filled by a very unlarge P, defying the very laws of physics) I had a small circle of fwbs that offered different things. I found Fab great for this and never had any problems finding such ladies despite the protests from some that Fab is hard work, I put that down to the fact that unlike some I adore chatting at length and understanding people, along with a love of the nuances of the human brain, sharing imaginings (especially those that can be made real) and putting thoughts across in a way that conveys the message and causes a yearning to know more?

I've given it thought as to what I sought from this and came to the conclusions that I had the most needed aspect of a good friendship with each, the sexual compatibility too, but also the assured understanding that we didn't have a relationship as such, aside from this they differed in what I shared with them and what they wanted from me? It also became natural over time for both myself and each of them to be chosen mutually because we both wanted the same thing.

Some I had shorter meets lasting a couple of hours or such like and they usually lived closer to me to make this easier, replicating in a swinging fashion the side of being attached where close proximity and primal lust just boils over and has to be sated quickly.

Some I had club visits with, the more social butterfly kind of lady to replicate the socialising that couples tend to do together.

Some I had overnight stays with to replicate as best without a relationship the need to cosy up now and again which is very therapeutic, especially when feeling a little blue or just craving a closeness of that kind.

This circle was by no means constant during this time, some would leave the circle and others would join that were looking for the same regard that I was. Also of course there were those outside the immediate circle that I had the odd meet with, but distance, timing etc would limit it to just that which we both understood.

And while this circle couldn't possibly be a substitute for the all encompassing warmth and love that a real relationship can bring (P, you're irreplaceable my sweet! ) I've came to realise that it did at least minimise a sense of emptiness that something was missing. Perhaps in part due to this, when myself and my good lady finally encountered each other I had no vast hunger for a relationship that I knew of (and neither did she for that matter) It was more of a case that P is, well P, and we were just so right in that regard?

B

"

To be blunt again, if you've been unsuccessful for so long part of the reason lies with you. You need to nail down what the issues with you have been and take steps to correct them, if able."

What do you mean by “unsuccessful for so long”? Is it because I’ve only had sex with 6 guys in 9 years?

"

To be blunt again, if you've been unsuccessful for so long part of the reason lies with you. You need to nail down what the issues with you have been and take steps to correct them, if able.

What do you mean by “unsuccessful for so long”? Is it because I’ve only had sex with 6 guys in 9 years?"

This place is unreal at times, I wouldn’t answer them, wear your heart on your sleeve and see what happens, good luck I say xxx

Actual guys I’ve slept with is 6 but they’ve all been recycled. First guy in August 2011, again in 2013. 2nd guy was from Hull but ended up seeing him for 18 months till he fucked it up by saying he was gonna move to Wales. 3rd guy was 2014, 2016, 2017, 4th guy 2017/2018 5th guy March 2019 and 6th guy this weekend just passed. So you have had more sexual activity than 6 times...this is not to judge you but an interested party might be put off by the idea of 6 in 9.

I do think you need to learn to compromise and share your home spaces a bit more it would be healthy. If you have a close friend who you could invite over for a weekend here and there it would be good practice."

What you on about? Why would the fact I’ve only met 6 guys for sex in the last 9 years be off putting?

Why exactly do I need to compromise and learn to share my home a bit more?

It’s my home that I share with my child. Rarely I’ll have someone there when she’s not there. That’s her home.

"

What do you mean by “unsuccessful for so long”? Is it because I’ve only had sex with 6 guys in 9 years?"

No. You've been unsuccessful in attaining what you want; be it a relationship or an exclusive, long lasting fb arrangement. At no point have I mentioned the amount of people you've slept with or criticised it.

"

What do you mean by “unsuccessful for so long”? Is it because I’ve only had sex with 6 guys in 9 years?

No. You've been unsuccessful in attaining what you want; be it a relationship or an exclusive, long lasting fb arrangement. At no point have I mentioned the amount of people you've slept with or criticised it. "

You can’t have an exclusive fuck buddy though cos then it would be a relationship would it not?

As for relationships I’ve had two in the time I’ve been here. One guy who was from Hull who suited me at the time as I only saw him every other weekend when I went up or he came down and that lasted 18 months. When he said he was going to move to South Wales I wasn’t prepared to have someone live with me AND my daughter who was only 4 years old at the time, they’d not even met as she was always with her Dad on the weekends I saw that dude. It’s not just me I have to consider.

The other guy I started seeing last year was someone I’d known since he was a child (he was 8 and a half years younger) he also had a child and worked shifts 4 days on 4 off. He’d have his child on his time off and our schedules just weren’t aligning. Out of respect of the length of time we’d known each other we did it for about 5 months but he never made me orgasm once! No matter if he’d wanked beforehand he couldn’t last more than a couple of pumps and it was easy to tell him we’re better as friends.

Think it’s a bit unfair to say that I’ve been unsuccessful in attaining what I want.

It’s hard being a single parent as well. I’m under no illusions that a lot of guys wouldn’t even date a single parent so I’m not really considered to be a catch when up against younger women with no responsibilities.

When you add to the fact that I like really handsome fit guys who are also desirable to loads of other women it’s not really fair to say that I’m doing something wrong every time.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Good question and probably not a solution for you but I did hear of a couple who got together in their 40s and didn't want to lose their independence and time to themselves etc. that they were used to.

So they bought houses right next to each other. Then they could just pop round to each others house when they wanted a cwtch or time together and also live independently when they wanted.

Thought it was a good idea!

By *issyEMWoman  over a year ago

Nearly

The fucking truth is

That sex isn't gives you the pleasure is the love!!! If u lucky have someone in your life then love, love that person. I had and now single after 25 years. I can't find my place. Is so horrible be alone.

By *quirt1810Woman  over a year ago

Boston

"

amazing perspective, not sure I can do it though

Derby

"Good question and probably not a solution for you but I did hear of a couple who got together in their 40s and didn't want to lose their independence and time to themselves etc. that they were used to.

So they bought houses right next to each other. Then they could just pop round to each others house when they wanted a cwtch or time together and also live independently when they wanted.

Thought it was a good idea!"

Sounds perfect to me

By *quirt1810Woman  over a year ago

Boston

You're not alone OP, I feel exactly the same. "

Goes for me too

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I'm single by choice and love it... although I do actually have someone I meet at his and we do stuff couples do. But... he is not my bf and we we are not in a relationship. However I didnt feel I was lacking before this. I am happy with my own company and adore getting home to my empty bed and just having me time.

It took me a while to feel like this but I'm to selfish to have a proper relationship.. I've had however 100s maybe more sexual encounters in the last decade.. and its rare I'm left feeling bad after... and if I am its normally down to me x

By *TJxComboMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Feminism sold ladies a dream

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

amazing perspective, not sure I can do it though"

Yeah I get that! It's not for everyone... and there's alot of unravelling to do around our cultural teachings around needs and relationships in order to get to the truth of what we actually want and desire from a healthy, authentic place.

Really .. the overarching perspective is that this is where it's at for me now .. at one time I wouldn't have entertained it. And it may change again. What matters is how I take care of myself and others whilst I dance with it all.

Life ay

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I get what you mean OP. This is the first time I’ve been single in my life...nearly 2 years now for me. Sometimes I think I’d like that company to share, and other times I’m really happy just me and the kids. I don’t get much freedom in my life, my children don’t have much contact with their dad, but they are only little once, and I have great family and friends which are super important.

X

"

No. You've been unsuccessful in attaining what you want; be it a relationship or an exclusive, long lasting fb arrangement. At no point have I mentioned the amount of people you've slept with or criticised it.

You can’t have an exclusive fuck buddy though cos then it would be a relationship would it not?

As for relationships I’ve had two in the time I’ve been here. One guy who was from Hull who suited me at the time as I only saw him every other weekend when I went up or he came down and that lasted 18 months. When he said he was going to move to South Wales I wasn’t prepared to have someone live with me AND my daughter who was only 4 years old at the time, they’d not even met as she was always with her Dad on the weekends I saw that dude. It’s not just me I have to consider.

The other guy I started seeing last year was someone I’d known since he was a child (he was 8 and a half years younger) he also had a child and worked shifts 4 days on 4 off. He’d have his child on his time off and our schedules just weren’t aligning. Out of respect of the length of time we’d known each other we did it for about 5 months but he never made me orgasm once! No matter if he’d wanked beforehand he couldn’t last more than a couple of pumps and it was easy to tell him we’re better as friends.

Think it’s a bit unfair to say that I’ve been unsuccessful in attaining what I want.

It’s hard being a single parent as well. I’m under no illusions that a lot of guys wouldn’t even date a single parent so I’m not really considered to be a catch when up against younger women with no responsibilities.

When you add to the fact that I like really handsome fit guys who are also desirable to loads of other women it’s not really fair to say that I’m doing something wrong every time. "

People have exclusive fb's who manage to avoid the pitfalls of deeper emotional attachment. You see this often mentioned on the forums.

How is it unfair? For whatever reason you clearly haven't been successful in attaining what you want. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted this. Is it unfair to call a spade a spade? It's not an accusation or attack, merely a statement of fact based on what you've put out there.

I never said you did something wrong every time either. I merely stated that you're not entirely blameless in this whole scenario.

In any case, i've said what I thought and though i'm being blunt and direct, it's not with a purpose of attacking you. I genuinely hope you get your issues sorted and find that elusive balance

Being single is no fun, would love to have someone to share experiences with, in the bedroom and out off, we all need loving in our lives.

I've just read this and I'm now sitting here thinking wtf.

I'm a single parent. Raised my kid completely alone. No father in the picture, last time I dated was 1998. On/off here over 2 years. Have had some lovely meets, had FWB for about 8 months. I work shift work, only every 5th weekend off and don't do random hook ups.

And I'm the problem

By *idnightxBrownCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"

When you add to the fact that I like really handsome fit guys who are also desirable to loads of other women it’s not really fair to say that I’m doing something wrong every time.

People have exclusive fb's who manage to avoid the pitfalls of deeper emotional attachment. You see this often mentioned on the forums.

How is it unfair? For whatever reason you clearly haven't been successful in attaining what you want. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted this. Is it unfair to call a spade a spade? It's not an accusation or attack, merely a statement of fact based on what you've put out there.

I never said you did something wrong every time either. I merely stated that you're not entirely blameless in this whole scenario.

In any case, i've said what I thought and though i'm being blunt and direct, it's not with a purpose of attacking you. I genuinely hope you get your issues sorted and find that elusive balance "

This is so true women are quick to pass the blame, sometimes ladies you are the problem you just can't see it or don't want to acknowledge it

Preston

I'm quite nice, I should be able to find someone

Dammit....2 hours away so that us out of the window hahaa

You are nice from what I've seen of you in the forums so you definitely have that on your side "

Thank you. That's really lovely. You've made me smile

Love how women get the blame and are considered the problem.

If I was a good looking dude in my thirties and didn’t have kids and could still pull birds in their twenties that didn’t have responsibilities I absolutely would not restrict myself to being someone’s exclusive friend with benefits. I don’t think you’d find many guys like the ones I’m describing that would be happy making that kind of sacrifice ok so I don’t think it’s fair to lay that blame at my door or say I’ve been unsuccessful in obtaining what I want.

As for relationships that’s different again. In my entire dating life every relationship I’ve been in I’ve been the one to end it. Even get the guy I went out with when I was 18 trying to slide into my messages on Facebook.

It’s like once they’re in and committed it’s always been me to say nah I’m out mate.

"

100% get what you mean.

My life is the same, except I really miss a regular guy in my life.

Hope you find something that stops that ache x

"

100% get what you mean.

My life is the same, except I really miss a regular guy in my life.

Hope you find something that stops that ache x"

Hope you do too.

It’s not so much an ache for me, was just a reminder that I like male company and regular sex but who doesn’t!

Need to find an honest trustworthy local guy for my free weekends.

I meet rarely partly by choice partly because of opportunity, or lack of...I make sure those I do meet are more than just about the physical aspect, where we can chill, hangout, catch a movie or some food, basically do more than just fuck...build a connection without the strings that usually apply. It takes a common understanding of course but it's working for me currently & who knows the next time just might be the time I decide to lay my hat down & stick around.

By *eonnieCouple  over a year ago

Worsley

"

"

It is hard OP, I completely understand.

I don't know if I have found the right balance, but I am happy. After my divorce I was adamant that I didn't want anything that came with feelings, my children are my priority and I actually like myself a lot more when I'm single. I have now realised that there is nothing wrong with feelings but I do have boundaries and discuss expectations in advance. I still don't want a traditional relationship, cannot think of anything worse (for me).

I also get every other weekend off, some I spend with friends, some alone and when I'm lucky and the planets align I get the intimacy, the spooning and the best morning sex ever. Is it balanced? Probably not, but for me it is more than enough. Yes there is also the odd moment that I wish I had more of it all, but I chose this when I decided that this is the right lifestyle for me.

Best of luck, I hope you will soon find what you're looking for!

I dont get the balance, I would like more warmth in my life

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

I always seem to get shit on by everyone I get close too so now I just dont bother anymore happy on my own doing what i want with no strings or so called friends dont need them

Manchester (she/her)

"Love how women get the blame and are considered the problem.

"

It's certainly a very convenient narrative.

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

It's certainly a very convenient narrative."

Easier for them to blame the woman there is alot of selfish men on here tho

Manchester (she/her)

Easier for them to blame the woman there is alot of selfish men on here tho "

Absolutely. I'm quite happy to look to my own role in my own happiness and relationships. I do. But discarding problems by saying it's a female problem is just... ugh cringe. It's 2020, responsibility goes in all directions nowadays.

Just found this thread and it’s quite apt for where I am at the moment.

Been on Fab for 4 years, have taken time out for Nilla relationships but they never fulfilled my needs.

Something happened quite recently which left me so down, open to hurt and questioning my lifestyle decisions.

Thankfully I’d just started seeing a new fwb and i’ll be totally honest... he’s come along at just the right time for me. He’s shown me so many good things, we’ve laughed til my face hurts and then laughed some more.

The ‘click’ was almost instantaneous!

As it stands at the moment I don’t want to meet anyone else, i’m in a really good place all round and I honestly never thought i would find that here x

Sometimes people come along when you least expect it and by being amazingly kind and loving, they show you how bad you were treated previously!

Fate? Maybe

Life lessons? Definitely xx

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

Op, you put in a nut shell how I used to feel before I met kim, it’s a real conundrum.

I have a good friend who would be absolutely perfect for your wants, unfortunately we live a lonnnnnng way away.

He was married (happily he thought) until his wife up and left to follow some strange midlife crisis, he’s had various relationships since and they turned out to be possessive bunny boilers, he’s now happy to live a drama free life but misses that certain intimacy. Not trying to sell him by the way, he’s not a swinger and has no knowledge of our secret. Your words just reminded me of how he views singledom.

So true. It is important to stop externalising happiness and thinking you are not complete without a partner. I am single but don't feel that there is anything missing.

Manchester (she/her)

"Just found this thread and it’s quite apt for where I am at the moment.

Been on Fab for 4 years, have taken time out for Nilla relationships but they never fulfilled my needs.

Something happened quite recently which left me so down, open to hurt and questioning my lifestyle decisions.

Thankfully I’d just started seeing a new fwb and i’ll be totally honest... he’s come along at just the right time for me. He’s shown me so many good things, we’ve laughed til my face hurts and then laughed some more.

The ‘click’ was almost instantaneous!

As it stands at the moment I don’t want to meet anyone else, i’m in a really good place all round and I honestly never thought i would find that here x

Sometimes people come along when you least expect it and by being amazingly kind and loving, they show you how bad you were treated previously!

Fate? Maybe

Life lessons? Definitely xx"

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 25/02/20 11:10:51]

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I don’t think anyone has said women are to blame, more look at ourselves and realise what you really want, what works for you with the free time you have. Then be patient until someone comes along who suits that

If you keep going for the wrong person, as they don’t really fit your criteria but it’s a quick fix, you’re never going to feel good about yourself and the meets you have.

I’m a single mum and get every other weekend to myself and the odd day during the week. I’m very clear about this and what I’m looking for from this experience when I talk to someone; they have to be patient, as other friendships need my time too; if I know they are looking for regular it’s a no, as I can’t give them that, once a month is more realistic or a bigger time gap.

The right person will understand your needs and fit with them, as long as it works for them too

Same applies for men as well.... all be clear what you want and just maybe there wouldn’t be so many upset people on here

That my tuppence worth

By *eonnieCouple  over a year ago

Worsley

"

Fate? Maybe

Life lessons? Definitely xx"

Completely agree with you, beautifully said!

The right person sometimes comes when you least expect it and everything just falls into place!

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

Easier for them to blame the woman there is alot of selfish men on here tho

I don’t think anyone has said women are to blame, more look at ourselves and realise what you really want, what works for you with the free time you have. Then be patient until someone comes along who suits that

If you keep going for the wrong person, as they don’t really fit your criteria but it’s a quick fix, you’re never going to feel good about yourself and the meets you have.

I’m a single mum and get every other weekend to myself and the odd day during the week. I’m very clear about this and what I’m looking for from this experience when I talk to someone; they have to be patient, as other friendships need my time too; if I know they are looking for regular it’s a no, as I can’t give them that, once a month is more realistic or a bigger time gap.

The right person will understand your needs and fit with them, as long as it works for them too

Same applies for men as well.... all be clear what you want and just maybe there wouldn’t be so many upset people on here

That my tuppence worth "

Well yes. It's not really a question of "blame". It's up to each individual to decide what they want and what compromises you are willing to make.

The laws of probability are a bitch though. If you want a very specific sort of person and aren't willing to compromise that, you're likely to stay single.

By *bonybbwWoman  over a year ago

London

After being pissed about on here and the awful beings at swinger clubs sex toys are the key for me at least that way I will cum.

I've found there are no decent guys out there for me be it an FWB set up or a long term relationship. I've been let down too often and I do not need any more of it.

Despite all of that I do miss sucking on a hard cock. Oh well.

crewe

"After being pissed about on here and the awful beings at swinger clubs sex toys are the key for me at least that way I will cum.

I've found there are no decent guys out there for me be it an FWB set up or a long term relationship. I've been let down too often and I do not need any more of it.

Despite all of that I do miss sucking on a hard cock. Oh well. "

Well i think thats awful shame on the lot of them i say your great end of.

I know exactly what you mean...

I'm a single Mum, left an abusive relationship nearly a year ago now. I adore my independence but I miss intimacy... Not just sex, I've had great meets from here but someone to hug me when things have been shit and to say 'everything's going to be ok'. Someone to chill and watch a film with and enjoy a takeaway. Someone to be the big spoon occasionally...

But at the same time I can't cope with needyness or wouldn't want something too regular.

Occasionally it gets me down but I understand it is a difficult need to fulfil.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I know exactly what you mean...

I'm a single Mum, left an abusive relationship nearly a year ago now. I adore my independence but I miss intimacy... Not just sex, I've had great meets from here but someone to hug me when things have been shit and to say 'everything's going to be ok'. Someone to chill and watch a film with and enjoy a takeaway. Someone to be the big spoon occasionally...

But at the same time I can't cope with needyness or wouldn't want something too regular.

Occasionally it gets me down but I understand it is a difficult need to fulfil. "

isnt that what good friends do... or for me anyway. I have mates that I can go to when I'm having a bad day... or just chill and watch a movie. But I do prefer my own company for things like the cinema x

Occasionally it gets me down but I understand it is a difficult need to fulfil. isnt that what good friends do... or for me anyway. I have mates that I can go to when I'm having a bad day... or just chill and watch a movie. But I do prefer my own company for things like the cinema x "

Well yeah, I've got great friends don't get me wrong but for me there's just something about a guy hug or spending time with a guy that's different to a female. X

Occasionally it gets me down but I understand it is a difficult need to fulfil. isnt that what good friends do... or for me anyway. I have mates that I can go to when I'm having a bad day... or just chill and watch a movie. But I do prefer my own company for things like the cinema x

Well yeah, I've got great friends don't get me wrong but for me there's just something about a guy hug or spending time with a guy that's different to a female. X"

Yeah, cuddles off your child fill your heart completely but I still crave intimacy from a guy. Every aspect of my life is good and have amazing friends and family. Constantly around people but it’s not the same as having a guy to watch a movie with and spoon with in bed. It’s all that shit I miss.

Occasionally it gets me down but I understand it is a difficult need to fulfil. isnt that what good friends do... or for me anyway. I have mates that I can go to when I'm having a bad day... or just chill and watch a movie. But I do prefer my own company for things like the cinema x

Well yeah, I've got great friends don't get me wrong but for me there's just something about a guy hug or spending time with a guy that's different to a female. X

Yeah, cuddles off your child fill your heart completely but I still crave intimacy from a guy. Every aspect of my life is good and have amazing friends and family. Constantly around people but it’s not the same as having a guy to watch a movie with and spoon with in bed. It’s all that shit I miss. "

Absolutely, I get you and feel the same.

Derby

Yeah, cuddles off your child fill your heart completely but I still crave intimacy from a guy. Every aspect of my life is good and have amazing friends and family. Constantly around people but it’s not the same as having a guy to watch a movie with and spoon with in bed. It’s all that shit I miss.

Absolutely, I get you and feel the same. "

Tell me you girls in this thread do realise that there are guys out there who miss this stuff too and would love nothing more than finding a woman to have this with? And no I dont mean the ones who turn a snuggle on the sofa to sex every time.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Tell me you girls in this thread do realise that there are guys out there who miss this stuff too and would love nothing more than finding a woman to have this with? And no I dont mean the ones who turn a snuggle on the sofa to sex every time."

Sure. Finding them is the problem.

Lie on your arm til it goes complete dead....

crewe

God i miss cuddles on the sofa

crewe

Occasionally it gets me down but I understand it is a difficult need to fulfil. "

Yep totally get that myself miss the company. Glad you got out of your abusive relationship too any guy who abuses there partner should be put in jail in my view.

We all need someone to be there for us its shit being single sometimes

Thanks Randy...

Just a suspended sentence for my ex unfortunately despite me being his 6th victim.

crewe

"Thanks Randy...

Just a suspended sentence for my ex unfortunately despite me being his 6th victim. "

My god our justice system is just shocking hun

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I love my single life and know a man is not what completes me at a person... Just miss yhe physical side of a relationship and the joking around I used to have with exes. Fwb should be the answer but they like unicorns in uk.

By *moothCriminal_xMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Gonna sound patronising but CONPANIONSHIP. Relationship isnt about living in each others pockets but about sharing your life with someone. A collection of trivial moments that are more than the sum of those parts.

A shitty relationship isnt a hood model to compare what i am talkjng about to

Got bored after reading half the book lol

By *arialoueWoman  over a year ago

bradford

Hi ppl I'm single been on here a while n get really nervous n my anxiety kick in about meeting new ppl I'm just looking for social meets to ease myself to meeting new ppl n get a social life please help any advice would be appreciated

By *onderstuff73mMan  over a year ago

Brum

For me, it’s not about the sex all the time. It’s not about being around people. It’s not about work colleagues.

I’m always asked, “how can you be lonely with so many people around?”

I heard a piece on the radio earlier this week and it dawned on me what it is about...it’s about having the right person/people with a connection.

If that means there’s sex, fantastic. If that means there’s great conversation, brilliant. If that means there’s cuddles, even better.

But what’s missing is someone I feel connected to.

Not sure if that rings true with you too? x

It's the connection... Yes.

Naturally, it's a different connection with a man I'm interested in than with friends.

I've been single nearly 11 years and I still don't know why I find it so lonely. I do though. I've had regular fwb situations, I've even fallen in love and gotten hurt.

I'm terrified to let someone into my life too much but I'm so tired facing the world alone when I've got so much to give.

I don't know the solution but I'm not giving up on one day hopefully finding it

By *uicylucy76Woman  over a year ago

thornton cleveleys

Yes!!!!! This is exactly me!!!... I don’t want a boyfriend but I really need a fwb in my life.... I love the cuddles and closeness but I want to say goodbye to until the next time. I think we all have a level of being wanted and to want.. I dont want one offs with strangers as it means nothing.. I want the cuddles and the laughs and deep conversations getting to really know someone... it’s really like a relationship without the annoying bits... trying to find a new fwb is so hard. X

By *ittle-black-dressWoman  over a year ago

Stockport

You sound like a bloke but in a good way. And why wouldn't you want it all on your terms?! I for one salute you Lady! I'm also of the same thinking but it seems when I man thinks like that it's ok but if a woman does every man wants you and when you tell them 'I don't want anything serious' they beg...go figure...

Best of luck to girl! xXx

bradford

This is me too but my anxiety for meeting gets in the way all the time

By *onderstuff73mMan  over a year ago

Brum

"It's the connection... Yes.

Naturally, it's a different connection with a man I'm interested in than with friends."

I find myself at an age where there’s nothing. So a connection is exactly what I want.

I agree. A connection with a mate would mean slightly different things than with a woman, but essentially it’s the feeling of being something to them and them being something to me.

That’s what’s missing.

crewe

"Hi ppl I'm single been on here a while n get really nervous n my anxiety kick in about meeting new ppl I'm just looking for social meets to ease myself to meeting new ppl n get a social life please help any advice would be appreciated "

I get anxiety myself especially when meeting someone new i find breathing exercises helps i have an app on phone for that and also playing meditation music helps. But Ultimately dont let anyone force to do anything your not comfortable with and go at your pace.

crewe

"It's the connection... Yes.

Naturally, it's a different connection with a man I'm interested in than with friends.

I find myself at an age where there’s nothing. So a connection is exactly what I want.

I agree. A connection with a mate would mean slightly different things than with a woman, but essentially it’s the feeling of being something to them and them being something to me.

That’s what’s missing. "

Yep same here so want that permanent connection in my life now just have to wait a bit longer than i thought for it

bradford

Ive always had a problem with meeting new ppl n getting hurt by ppl I have met since becoming single has just made meeting new ppl even worse

"

The problem is after a meet you realise all the things you miss about being in a relationship such as kissing, cuddling, sex on tap kind of, having somebody to laugh with, having somebody to confide in, etc. You realise you are lonely.

"‘Tis fucking hard.

Yeah it’s just fucking hard like. "

If you are upfront on your profile and say what you are looking for I think you will find what you want.

Also if you are upfront about what you want no guy can complain as you are being clear what you want/are offering.

crewe

The problem is after a meet you realise all the things you miss about being in a relationship such as kissing, cuddling, sex on tap kind of, having somebody to laugh with, having somebody to confide in, etc. You realise you are lonely. "

Totally this sex is good but you feel empty and lonely afterwards Just hope i can find someone in this year x

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

So this isnt aimed at anyone specific..

Stop chasing the relationship thing.

Also a specific unforgiving list of requirements is doomed to fail. Youre actually sabotaging your sex life by making it nye impossible to fit the criteria.

In life if hou repeat the same patterns, you get the same outcomes.. Unless you adjust your behaviour.

"

In a nutshell... the short answer is, I don't. There are aspects of being single that I love but on the whole there is a female shaped hole in my life, but having said that I'm not desperate to fill it either.

By *reeneggsandsamMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

If I had the answer firstly I wouldn't be single and secondly, I'd be a very rich man.

Just keep bravely soldiering along.

Whistling helps.

I just need to find someone else equally unconventional."

Mr and I have been married 12yrs. He has his house I have mine. Normally we stay at mine and play at his but if we need time apart he goes home. We dont do the monogamous part as we enjoy sharing each other but to get to a point were we enjoy our life in an unconventional way it has taken compromise,trust and communication. Regardless of the type of relationship these things have to come into the dynamics. There is no such thing as the perfect man or women and no 1 is promised that there soul mate will fall into your lap. Nobody is suggesting sleeping with the whole site but maybe meeting with people out with your 5%. If your basing attraction on pictures maybe time to change things up you may find people personalities are more attractive than a few pictures xx

By *man013Man  over a year ago

Derby

How do single people cope well speaking for myself we don't like at times it can be lonely, at times you can be so God damn horny and you don't even wanna look at your hand, sometimes ya feel nobody wants ye and sometimes being single is amazing when your out and someone asks for ya number, or if you get with a really attractive person it's forever a rollercoaster

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

Hi op.

A while ago I thought I wanted a relationship - so I ‘invited applications’ from here and got one. Within a couple of months I’d fallen for him big time - and when he decided he’d had enough I felt like my guts had been ripped out!

Due to family circumstances I had to give up on the idea of a relationship - so instead have a small number of friends who are great company both in and out of bed!

I find I have intimacy, fondness, great company and great sex - but without the heartache!

Suits me sir!

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

God, I'm glad I'm not single. Never realised it was such hard work!

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Regular FB x 3 only accept those who can snuggle all night, by morning you'll be cool to say bye til next time.

By *ena AmourTV/TS  over a year ago

Chard

I think there is a happy medium that you will find in time. Everyone has different needs both sexually and commitment wise from a relationship (or lack of) so I would be wary of listening to others recommendations. Listen to yourself, accept who you are, be open with those you choose to allow into your life.

I am in this struggle now as are most people who seek to better their situation (which you seem go be also) regardless of what part of their life it applies to.

All the best

By *ndrew CareyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

"

It is a tough one indeed. There are days I'm completely fine with it but then there are times I crave the company. Just to have another adult to talk to about work and to bounce some ideas off.

I deal with it a lot better than I used to but I completely understand how you feel. You are not alone

By *oft_SensualTV/TS  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I manage by thinking how lucky I am not to be with such an abusing, nasty, exploitative, manipulative, controlling ex.

Dont overthink OP, you clearly have standards and things you need and want, there is nothing wrong with having expectations and not settling for anything substandard. Let's things grow organically when you find that person it will all be worth it, unfortunately like everyone you will kiss alot of frog before you meet a princess but fortunately for you you will not be short of offers. People often find things when they least expect it x

A relatable post as any, OP. Allow me to share an equally relatable answer to your question, "how do single people do it?"

We don't.

By *igerdrew73Man  over a year ago

grantham

You're not alone OP, I feel exactly the same.

Goes for me too"

Me three. I enjoy having my space but do enjoy female company sometimes. As said whether it's kissing and cuddling while watching a film or the full treatment, sometimes the first leads to the second

Had a fwb but timings never worked and she recently found her "one"

» Add a new message to this topic