FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > dogging

dogging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lbec OP   Couple  over a year ago

Whitstable

Never been dogging but can anyone tell us if it is illegal ?

How does it compare with normal methods of swinging ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

yes...in that sex acts in a public place are illegal...now whether the fact you are only outraging the policeman sent there specifically means it should be illegal is a different matter.

They argue you are outraging public decency...despite the fact no members of the public are about.

It isnt swinging...so cant really say how it compares

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes its an odd one as its only illegal if you get caught. We go dogging as well as swinging and it is markedly different. Though we have started to build a group we meet outdoors and its becoming social as well.

By *ady n the trampCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Yes its an odd one as its only illegal if you get caught. We go dogging as well as swinging and it is markedly different. Though we have started to build a group we meet outdoors and its becoming social as well."
like a lot of people we also go dogging. as far as the law goes its a very grey area in fact. where we go the police turn up every night, do a drive around and go again. they know whats going on lol (after all why would there be 30 cars parked in secluded woodlands at 2.30 am). its sex between consenting adults, so theres no offence really. it only becomes an offence if actually reported to them or you are doing it on the main roundabout in the town centre in the daytime.

[Removed by poster at 10/05/12 13:14:55]

With the caveat that I'm not a lawyer, the dogging laws seem to be a bit of a mess and may themselves not be entirely legal. As I understand it, you're committing an offence if you are seen by someone who is offended by it, otherwise you're fine - the problem being that the rozzer arresting can be the offended party if they wish.

The reason I feel the law is itself legally shaky is that whether or not an offence is being committed depends entirely on factors beyond the control, and even beyond the knowledge, of the possible offender. For example, a couple goes into the depths of the woods for some fun. Person 1 happens past, sees them, likes the view and watches for a while (possibly committing an offence himself as a voyeur) - the couple aren't doing anything wrong. Person 2 comes along, sees the couple going at it against a tree and is offended - the couple are now criminals. It's a fundamental principle that ignorance of the law is no excuse, but the way this law seems to work makes it impossible for the couple to know if they're acting legally because that is decided in another person's head, and another principle of law is that you must be able to know if what you're doing is illegal, and in this case you can't. Even if you see someone seeing you, ask if they're offended and stop if they are, it's too late, the offence has already been committed.

Chudleigh

"With the caveat that I'm not a lawyer, the dogging laws seem to be a bit of a mess and may themselves not be entirely legal. As I understand it, you're committing an offence if you are seen by someone who is offended by it, otherwise you're fine - the problem being that the rozzer arresting can be the offended party if they wish. yeah what he said lol, i just prefer to call it a grey area

The reason I feel the law is itself legally shaky is that whether or not an offence is being committed depends entirely on factors beyond the control, and even beyond the knowledge, of the possible offender. For example, a couple goes into the depths of the woods for some fun. Person 1 happens past, sees them, likes the view and watches for a while (possibly committing an offence himself as a voyeur) - the couple aren't doing anything wrong. Person 2 comes along, sees the couple going at it against a tree and is offended - the couple are now criminals. It's a fundamental principle that ignorance of the law is no excuse, but the way this law seems to work makes it impossible for the couple to know if they're acting legally because that is decided in another person's head, and another principle of law is that you must be able to know if what you're doing is illegal, and in this case you can't. Even if you see someone seeing you, ask if they're offended and stop if they are, it's too late, the offence has already been committed."

Chudleigh

"With the caveat that I'm not a lawyer, the dogging laws seem to be a bit of a mess and may themselves not be entirely legal. As I understand it, you're committing an offence if you are seen by someone who is offended by it, otherwise you're fine - the problem being that the rozzer arresting can be the offended party if they wish. yeah what he said lol, i just prefer to call it a grey area

The reason I feel the law is itself legally shaky is that whether or not an offence is being committed depends entirely on factors beyond the control, and even beyond the knowledge, of the possible offender. For example, a couple goes into the depths of the woods for some fun. Person 1 happens past, sees them, likes the view and watches for a while (possibly committing an offence himself as a voyeur) - the couple aren't doing anything wrong. Person 2 comes along, sees the couple going at it against a tree and is offended - the couple are now criminals. It's a fundamental principle that ignorance of the law is no excuse, but the way this law seems to work makes it impossible for the couple to know if they're acting legally because that is decided in another person's head, and another principle of law is that you must be able to know if what you're doing is illegal, and in this case you can't. Even if you see someone seeing you, ask if they're offended and stop if they are, it's too late, the offence has already been committed."

[Removed by poster at 12/05/12 20:36:02]

By *inxi62Woman  over a year ago

northwest

how do i find out about dogging in my area?

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

"how do i find out about dogging in my area? "

Many sites will have information on known areas and by region.

You may even find sites dedicated to it.

Remember that in order for an area to be popular it has to discrete and not overly advertised as in a certain footballer who made an area synonymous with dogging.

Usually you need to find or know of an area far enough off the beaten track so as not to be causing offence but reasonably easily accessible.

» Add a new message to this topic