FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > ignore or no thanks

ignore or no thanks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When you get messages off people you have no interest in do you ignore or send a no thanks.

Our choice is to ignore.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *witch mix vanillaCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Just delete the message if they are not within our specs on our profile.

By *eepsouthCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Alway reply even if it a no. Think it's only fair to others.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Depends on my mood

sometimes i say "thanks but no" then block quick before they respond

i tend not to reply to people i have no interest in

to be honest it depends how many messages i have, if i dont have many i will send a no thanks if i have loads i dont

Depending on the content of the message, I may delete, ignore or block to prevent further contacts and wasting each other's time.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

If it is clear they have not read the profile I do ignore.

I check there profile x I sometimes say no thanks but mostly I delete x sorry if that offends but it's my choice x

If they have sent a nice polite message then I always reply because I think it's impolite not to.

If it's a one line message or something disrespectful then I just ignore it/ delete.

Forum Mod

It depends on so many things

I always read the profile first to see if I like it

The style of the message as some really are'nt worth replying to

How many im getting all at once in which case ill usually get to them at some point.......mostly

Whether im in the right frame of mind to answer straight away or not as I may not have the time

When ive lost them down the page and have been lazy and not cleared my inbox,in which case I sometimes think oh that was ages ago they've probably forgotten they sent it now so don't reply

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

9/1o i will reply to say no and wish them luck

i'm nice like that

Generally say thanks but not my type. If already said no once usually ignore.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

My profile is specific.

I always read the profile before the message. If the profile is outwith what I'm looking for I delete and ignore: my profile says I will.

If the profile matches, a nice message is sent, but no attraction for whatever reason I always send a thanks but no thanks and wish them well. If they come back with anything other than thanks for reply, they get blocked.

However, sometimes I get messages from men the polar opposite of what I'm looking for I have to write. Something along the lines of "I'm curious, truly I am. When you saw single, straight, local, tall, white sub (and they're none of the above) what made you think hmmm, that's just for the other fellas...not me!

I reply with a message full of abuse and hate directed towards the person that sent it, their family and their families family. I then find out their ip address and identify their home address and go around there house in the middle of the night and post dog shit through there letter box. I then hire a a man to shout at them randomly for the the rest of their lives.... i think its only fair. but that's just me

"If it is clear they have not read the profile I do ignore. "

If they are the complete opposite of what we are looking for we ask if they read the profile, if a yea comes back we just block x or just block the Clatty email senders x

A quick NO thanks you is class

If the person send some more message delete without reading

When someone delete my message without reading, the site show it. So i just put a private note on that person profile with a brief description. That way when i am tempted of messaging her again i read the note and refrain of messaging

Voilaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"When you get messages off people you have no interest in do you ignore or send a no thanks.

Our choice is to ignore."

It all depends on the message. Some are cut and paste and I will ignore, others are inane which also get ignored. Some have put effort in and deserve a reply. Time comes into it too as I refuse blankly to spend an hour a day crafting no thanks messages to people I have no interest in.

"If they have sent a nice polite message then I always reply because I think it's impolite not to.

If it's a one line message or something disrespectful then I just ignore it/ delete."

Exactly this ^^^^

If they fit our requirements, but it's no, then we email.

If they dont, we dont.

Respect gets respect. No respects get ignored.

"I reply with a message full of abuse and hate directed towards the person that sent it, their family and their families family. I then find out their ip address and identify their home address and go around there house in the middle of the night and post dog shit through there letter box. I then hire a a man to shout at them randomly for the the rest of their lives.... i think its only fair. but that's just me"

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

If its from someone who very clearly hasnt read profile or hasnt the savvy to take in whats on profile then ...its straight in the bin

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"When you get messages off people you have no interest in do you ignore or send a no thanks.

"

problem is with answering back is that if you then decide to generally block groups of people... they will still be able to get thru...

kinda defeats the purpose of ignore otherwise....

Forum Mod

"A quick NO thanks you is class

When someone delete my message without reading, the site show it. So i just put a private note on that person profile with a brief description. That way when i am tempted of messaging her again i read the note and refrain of messaging

Voilaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Thats a great idea as it saves you the trouble another time

I love the prvate notes function,I use it a lot

l nerver ignore someone thats just rude although l have my limits one guy asked me to shit on his face l just blocked him straight away

we have a copy and paste " It's a polite no thanks"

Manners cost nothing!!!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

If they have read my profile and haven't ignored the fact they are outside of one or more of my preferences... 9 times out of 10 or something like that, I will send a reply regardless of whether or not I am interested.

Anything else will depend on what I feel like doing at the time..... but I'll more than likely ignore it.

"I reply with a message full of abuse and hate directed towards the person that sent it, their family and their families family. I then find out their ip address and identify their home address and go around there house in the middle of the night and post dog shit through there letter box. I then hire a a man to shout at them randomly for the the rest of their lives.... i think its only fair. but that's just me"

That was you!! Well - you got the wrong door - but don't worry, my neighbour blamed their poodle!

Oh - and my nan says that bloke that's been shouting at her needs to speak up a bit - she's deaf you know!! But she quite fancies him so if he's after a gummy BJ.......................

I started off bein nice and replying and saying no, we dont match etc but due to some ppl sulking and turning nasty now just ignore or block

Forum Mod

How much does that man cost to hire ?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

its not only us that gets the copy and paste messages then hehe .instant delete.

we have replied to a couple of the really nice polite emails.

Yes we try and send a no thanks we have had a few no replys and does not feel nice

I have if i dont reply to your email i am not interested on my profile. But some people don't give up so i block them now.

By *uckknowsMan  over a year ago

here

Mainly no thanks I don't like to be rude, but some just won't give up and it's a block I'm afraid it's easier manners cost nothing

[Removed by poster at 23/06/12 19:46:42]

Forum Mod

It would be so much less stress for people who are think non replies are rude if they just said something similar to this at the end of their initial message if you like the look of us/me then ill/we'll look forward to hearing from you

If not then take care and happy playing/peving /wanking........ ect

Nine times out of ten if you say a polite 'No thanks' they will then argue. We used to be polite but now just ignore, block and delete unsuitable men. It's just not worth the hassle. And most of them haven't read our profile anyway because most of them are straight. But then that is another thread .......

"A quick NO thanks you is class

Voilaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thats a great idea as it saves you the trouble another time

I love the prvate notes function,I use it a lot "

i reply politely.

i am always surprised that so many couples view me who have as a first line 'we dont met single men'.

wonder if the wife knows he is bisexual.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I largely respond to messages from people I don't or likely won't like. Whilst it can mean more effort, when I get a few more messages back, with their continued effort at getting sex, it mostly means that people know where they stand, and doesn't leave them feeling demoralised, as can happen to some people on here, when they've sent tons of messages, but heard nothing.

It's not always easy to reply to lots of messages, so it's a tough and possibly unworkable standard for many, but I'd prefer to err on the side of aiming to do this, than otherwise.

short sweet reply, only polite in our opinion.

if they insist then ignore.

you never know when you might meet them at a party which actually happened to us but the other way round. We met a couple at a party who had quite recently told us "not our type". They wanted to play ........ hmmmmm

By *amnationsedgeMan  over a year ago

Ashborne

No thanks, its simpler on everyone just to get the message across and it feels like less of an insult.

We ignore! I'm not to worried about manners here, after all, it's not church!

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

No means no...if someone said to me I am not what they are looking for...fine...next...

I don't see the point In arguing

I do the initial 'No thanks' but if they message back I block

By *ont Ask Dont GetWoman  over a year ago

amersham

I do always try to reply to all messages as it is in my nature to be polite and friendly. I do get behind sometimes though so it can take a while

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

"Just delete the message if they are not within our specs on our profile."

London

I'm amazed some people have time to meet with all the energy they spend on those they DON'T want to meet!

If we are sent a nice message we always reply in one way or another. At one time we even messaged back if someone had just sent a wink or a friends invite, but they just get ignored now I'm afraid as it says on our profile we don't like friend invites sent out of the blue, so they've clearly not read our profile and don't deserve a reply.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I send a no thanks. If it was a polite or innocuous message they get the polite version.

If it was lazy they get a simple no.

If it was rude or offensive they get nothing but a block.

It does seem to work, I don't get inundated with messages the way I did when I first joined. Any cut and paste, mailed once a month every month get warned that if they send it again I'll block them and then I do.

And it does mean that I don't have to worry how people will react in clubs when they realise who my alter ego is - as a single female I'd prefer not to have anyone being arsey with me unexpectedly.

It's nice to be nice!

I kindly say thanks but no thanks. I think its just rude not to respond.Also if I get a dear john letter i always thank them for explaining. Its good to ne nice

"I send a no thanks. If it was a polite or innocuous message they get the polite version.

If it was lazy they get a simple no.

If it was rude or offensive they get nothing but a block.

It does seem to work, I don't get inundated with messages the way I did when I first joined. Any cut and paste, mailed once a month every month get warned that if they send it again I'll block them and then I do.

And it does mean that I don't have to worry how people will react in clubs when they realise who my alter ego is - as a single female I'd prefer not to have anyone being arsey with me unexpectedly.

It's nice to be nice! "

Exactly this!

I view responses to messages the same way I would deal with someone else in a face to face environment - you wouldn't just blank someone in a club if they approached you - you'd say no thanks - so why should it be any different via messages?

Strangely enough I don't get alot of messages out of the blue, but I always reply politely even if it's a no thanks your not my type ......

Manners cost nothing

By *ikkiBWoman  over a year ago

Falkirk

If its obvious they haven't read the prof I delete/block them. If I'm just not interested I try to respond to some to say so but there's just too many at times, I'd be at it all day lol

i think it would depend on the message.

obviously i think 'i got a big cock, wanna fuck' wouldnt deserve a reply but well written respectful messages should at least get a 'no thanks'

it is only polite...

and i know some of you ladies and couples get loads of messages but if a guy in a pub started to chat you up, would you just turn your back without reply????

London

I think some people must be very lonely or crave any kind of attention as truly, I can't understand why you'd enter into correspondence with someone who has totally ignored everything on your profile but YOU see it as rude to ignore them!

THEN...complain about follow up messages!

*Shakes head in bemusement*

London

Our choice is to ignore.

obviously i think 'i got a big cock, wanna fuck' wouldnt deserve a reply but well written respectful messages should at least get a 'no thanks'

it is only polite...

and i know some of you ladies and couples get loads of messages but if a guy in a pub started to chat you up, would you just turn your back without reply????"

You're not comparing like with like.

However, I'd never be in a pub alone so for someone to come over and chat me up he'd have intruded into my conversation, so hardly likely to get a warm reception.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

You never walk to the bar to get a round in?

If they clearly haven't read ALL of our profile, then that tells us all we need to know about them and its the bin for them.

If they have read our profile - including age parameters, interests etc - and are outside those BUT they make a point of telling us they have seen them and know they are not strictly what we are looking for, we will reply, sometimes asking them to justify why they contacted us. Have to ask the question...... or you may be dismissing an exceptional experience otherwise..

Our choice is to ignore.

it is only polite...

and i know some of you ladies and couples get loads of messages but if a guy in a pub started to chat you up, would you just turn your back without reply????

You're not comparing like with like.

However, I'd never be in a pub alone so for someone to come over and chat me up he'd have intruded into my conversation, so hardly likely to get a warm reception.

"

you dont have to be alone, you could be with girlfriends who may have gone to the bar. So you would be rude to someone who maybe chanced his arm and started to chat to you???

It depends, if the message is polite but they are not what i'm looking for then its thanks but no thanks

if they obviously havent read my profile or just cut n paste then i just delete or ignore

if its the latter and includes a cock pic then delete n block...

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I would suggest replying or blocking if it is an instant no . Why because of this fact .. No reply does not always mean not interested , many ladies receive so much mail that they delete or overlook many messages they receive . For ages I would only send one mail taking the no reply not interested at face value then for profile where in my humble judgment I could not understand a lack of reply I message again and guess what I have a 20 to 30 % success rate

don't like it don't like sending more than one message for it will bother those who are not interested but one has to because I do not know who just hates me or who has not seen me

thus a simple no thanks helps every one .perhaps a no thanks button ?

By *lackMetalMan  over a year ago

Centre

"you never know when you might meet them at a party which actually happened to us but the other way round. We met a couple at a party who had quite recently told us "not our type". They wanted to play ........ hmmmmm "

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

We will send a polite no thank you message most of the time.

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

If it's a nice message with some thought in it, then I will reply. If it's "hi, hows you"? or "fancy a fuck"? and/or they're blatantly out of my preferences then I'll ignore i'm afraid.

I used to reply to all messages but got abuse or more commonly, "oh, but why not"?

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

A woman winked me earlier. I read her profile and noticed she was looking for tall people so I messaged her, thanked her for the wink but said I don't think I am what you are looking for.

So much for being polite, She just deleted the message lol. F*ck it next time I will take the same action as most others and just delete it straight away. No more mr nice guy

If its a nice message and I'm not interested I say hi and thanks. If crap message I ignore. Guys constantly moaning about this is a major feckin bug bear. Get over it. If you didn't like a profile would you SEND a message. No thought not so why should we reply. You have a choice of who to message let us have a choice who to reply to

Dont know no. one sends me messages...wankers

In Your Bush

"If its a nice message and I'm not interested I say hi and thanks. If crap message I ignore. Guys constantly moaning about this is a major feckin bug bear. Get over it. If you didn't like a profile would you SEND a message. No thought not so why should we reply. You have a choice of who to message let us have a choice who to reply to "

Why are you ranting about guys? The op asking the question is a couple

ahhhh thats why we never got a reply from you. lol

"If its a nice message and I'm not interested I say hi and thanks. If crap message I ignore. Guys constantly moaning about this is a major feckin bug bear. Get over it. If you didn't like a profile would you SEND a message. No thought not so why should we reply. You have a choice of who to message let us have a choice who to reply to

Why are you ranting about guys? The op asking the question is a couple"

I'm not ranting. Usually guys who have this issue tho

In Your Bush

"If its a nice message and I'm not interested I say hi and thanks. If crap message I ignore. Guys constantly moaning about this is a major feckin bug bear. Get over it. If you didn't like a profile would you SEND a message. No thought not so why should we reply. You have a choice of who to message let us have a choice who to reply to

Why are you ranting about guys? The op asking the question is a couple

I'm not ranting. Usually guys who have this issue tho "

I don't I just boil another poor bunny

To be fair it depends on my mood, and the message sent.

Sometimes I will reply and say thanks for the message but not for us thanks..

If its a want to fuck you message I just delete. But sometimes I have to reply and ask them just why they thought it was okay to send me a message like that.

Cali

"9/1o i will reply to say no and wish them luck

i'm nice like that "

You're nice in other ways too.

BEST T-SHIRT

R.I.P FERGIE

By *reenonionsMan  over a year ago

Nr Exeter

Personally I think it shows what king of person you are.

If you can't be bothered to reply then you should do one yourself. It's rude and ignorant and I despise ignorance - it's scummy

"Personally I think it shows what king of person you are.

If you can't be bothered to reply then you should do one yourself. It's rude and ignorant and I despise ignorance - it's scummy"

if some one takes the time to look at your profile and sent a message then why ignore them only takes a few seconds to say sorry but no thanks if they then start pestering then ignore or block

I always reply. If someone takes the time to write, then it's only fair to take the time to reply. Even if it is just a polite no thankso

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Half the problem is that people....usually single guys, sorry....expect a reply when they clearly haven't read your profile before they have written to you.

So no....if someone writes to me knowing full well they don't match up with my personal requirements....they won't be getting a reply.

» Add a new message to this topic