FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Attitudes to preliminary meets

Attitudes to preliminary meets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm noticing that couples are much more likely to be happy to chat for a bit and then meet for a drink prior to play than single guys are. This is the case even though the couples often need to arrange babysitters and such, whereas it's usually easier for the guys. Why is this?

I understand that some single guys run on hormones and want to meet immediately without all that preliminary faffing about, but I'm sure they're not all like that.

I also realise that guys may be concerned that someone wanting to "get to know them a bit better" is actually looking for a relationship or commitment.

Is that all there is to it or is there a good reason that so many single guys argue and try to avoid chatting and meeting up to establish trust?

When I express interest to someone, I reiterate what it says on my profile, i.e. I want to feel comfortable with people before I'll agree to meet, that I must be reasonably sure we'll like each other, and that I insist on meeting for a drink or coffee before arranging anything else. I won't meet and play on the same day.

I've not been back here long, so it's early days, but the majority of guys I've said this to have initially tried to convince me it's not necessary, (usually wanting me to invite them round, even though my profile says I can't accommodate), and when I've refused to budge, they've lost interest.

Clearly they were after instant jollies and didn't give much of a shit if I felt comfortable or not, or if I liked them or not, as long as they got their dicks wet.

I suppose my question is, is there a reason guys won't chat and meet first, other than wanting instant gratification? Do some think they are such hot shit they don't have to? Am I being unreasonable or unrealistic wanting to to know a bit about the person/people I am going to be arranging to fuck, and wanting to meet for a drink first?

Although I've been on and off here for a while, and have met a few people, I am single, here for NSA and don't have much experience of swinging, (though if I had a swinging partner I'd love to go to some clubs. I'm not really interested in going alone. Going to fetish events alone can be exhausting enough and I have weapons there!)

Maybe it's my demands that are all screwed up, which is a shame as my rules all resulted from experience and I'm definitely not going to do short notice first meets, or meet people without being confident we'll like each other!

God this is long, sorry. I may have been on the wine just a little bit!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/110535

Lots of answers on coffee meets before meets on here.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ooh thanks, at least I have something to keep me occupied as I fail to feel sleepy!

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

Everybody is different. If that is your preferred method of meeting I would stick to it. Always do what you are comfortable with.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Dont let anyone push you around or make you feel guilty. its YOUR body and up to you. x

I love 1st meets its like the run up to Christmas.. Lol it's great to have a joke, coffee and get to know them and then go away with a smile

Alot of the best single guys may have a busy life which may not facilitate social meet ups on the basis that if all goes well a second date may lead to sex .

Sounds harsh ? Perhaps , but if they travel a long way it may not be their idea of a good use of time !

Totally agree with OP on this topic! To me, that's not what swinging is all about. I don't want endless bodies through my bedroom. Would rather have fewer that I feel comfortable with and can mix with my other friends when it comes party time!

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

but who is to say a meet for a coffee wont lead to a first date play?

we always prefere to meet for a drink/meal/chat and dont discount playing on the first night, simply because if its there, then its there, but if you run headlong into a playdate without getting to know someone a little, to ensure you are compatible then it makes for a bad meet, in our experience

"but who is to say a meet for a coffee wont lead to a first date play?

we always prefere to meet for a drink/meal/chat and dont discount playing on the first night, simply because if its there, then its there, but if you run headlong into a playdate without getting to know someone a little, to ensure you are compatible then it makes for a bad meet, in our experience"

H. xxx

I guess because lots of couples treat it as a whole social thing too ... if I was part of a couple I would be wary who I brought into the relationship as a playmate. I've been turned down by a lot of couples for whatever reason.

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

we always prefere to meet for a drink/meal/chat and dont discount playing on the first night, simply because if its there, then its there, but if you run headlong into a playdate without getting to know someone a little, to ensure you are compatible then it makes for a bad meet, in our experience

H. xxx"

thought you said Hi then lol

We always meet for a drinks only meet first time. This allows everyone time to decide if everyone happy as no one pressured into more. And it usually leaves us all very hot and eager for nxt time when we play

Never had a single or couple not wish to meet this way. Sure some guys have had to arrange things and we are usually flexible on where and when to help as much as possible. Sure a snog or fondle in carpark dies happen but again just adds to build up to fun

I think some guys even though confident in the bedroom and have no problem getting the meets still struggle with holding a conversation so they avoid that side of it. I've known some women that realise this and prefer to just invite the guy round then get them to fuck off afterwards.

Most of the time I find it's good to make a night of it. Chatting over a few drinks seems to build up quite nicely. I have no problems doing the whole social meet bit first, especially locally. Maybe if I was driving 100 odd miles it would be a bit off-putting just to go all that way for a couple of drinks but there's no harm in treating people like more than just a piece of meat to pound on.

Plus what some of the 'scared of social' guys don't seem to realise is that it's a hell of a lot easier getting repeat meets with people you get on with as friends as well as the sex side of it.

Well it seems simple to me.

Ladies and couples outnumber single blokes 10 to 1 (or whatever). So if the guys, like the ones who you chatted with earlier and who clearly aren't swingers but, as you say, just out for a quick and easy fuck, can't be arsed to invest time into meeting then give them the heave ho. Plenty more round the corner and there are some genuinely decent guys about who will let you take things at YOUR pace. I don't buy the excuse of 'I am busy'. TOUGH!

The other thing I have noticed is the increasing number of single blokes who expect the lady / cpl to travel to them!

The ladies rool in here and that is how it should always be. Its not tough being a single bloke in Swinging if you show respect and take your time but some guys just make their own difficulties. And again ...TOUGH!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Ladies and couples outnumber single blokes 10 to 1 (or whatever)."

I think your reasoning is flawed. Single men outnumber the others by a huge margin.

To the OP, I know what you mean. Men don't read profiles and just send out messages like a scattergun,hoping one will stick. I actually will play on the first meet if the feeling is right and I still get annoyed at men who think all they have to do is tell me what they want and I'll comply. I have to at least like the guy!

Just use it as a filter. If they argue with you about how YOU want to meet, then delete!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Alot of the best single guys may have a busy life which may not facilitate social meet ups on the basis that if all goes well a second date may lead to sex .

Sounds harsh ? Perhaps , but if they travel a long way it may not be their idea of a good use of time !"

That's why I only meet men local to me in south east London. I always meet for a coffee with no chance of a play. It also separates the wheat from the chaff for me.

If they can't spare an hour for a chat they'd not turn up for a play meet.

I'm a single woman meeting in my home...I need to know who I'm opening my door to.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"Alot of the best single guys may have a busy life which may not facilitate social meet ups on the basis that if all goes well a second date may lead to sex .

Sounds harsh ? Perhaps , but if they travel a long way it may not be their idea of a good use of time !"

The way I look at it is that anyone who can't find the time to meet for an initial drink and chat may well find it difficult to find the time for future 'play' meets....

I always insist on a social meet first, it benefits both sides as compatability can be established before a future 'play' meet.....anyone who doesn't want to meet that way first is free to passme by and try someone else.

London

"but who is to say a meet for a coffee wont lead to a first date play?"

I say!

My coffee meets are always during my lunch break or after work...nowhere near my home.

Works for me.

[Removed by poster at 24/07/12 08:34:54]

Sounds harsh ? Perhaps , but if they travel a long way it may not be their idea of a good use of time !

The way I look at it is that anyone who can't find the time to meet for an initial drink and chat may well find it difficult to find the time for future 'play' meets....

I always insist on a social meet first, it benefits both sides as compatability can be established before a future 'play' meet.....anyone who doesn't want to meet that way first is free to passme by and try someone else."

I will only meet socially first as you never know if your going to click with the arranged meet.

A chat and a coffee is always best and safest for the lady which is the main thing sor these meet there safey comes first.

It also helps establish a connection and you might get a very nice kiss for your troubles. I say stick with what makes you comfortable as if your not it will not be a very good meet fullstop.

GL stay safe x

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"Well it seems simple to me.

Ladies and couples outnumber single blokes 10 to 1 (or whatever). So if the guys, like the ones who you chatted with earlier and who clearly aren't swingers but, as you say, just out for a quick and easy fuck, can't be arsed to invest time into meeting then give them the heave ho. Plenty more round the corner and there are some genuinely decent guys about who will let you take things at YOUR pace. I don't buy the excuse of 'I am busy'. TOUGH!

The other thing I have noticed is the increasing number of single blokes who expect the lady / cpl to travel to them!

The ladies rool in here and that is how it should always be. Its not tough being a single bloke in Swinging if you show respect and take your time but some guys just make their own difficulties. And again ...TOUGH! "

^^^^^^^ this.

I always meet for a social first (with only a couple of exceptions) and all the men I've met with are very happy with this because they understand the nature of swinging and respect that the women have the power.

Some travel an incredibly long way even though I make it quite clear that it is a drink and a natter only but I usually end up meeting them because they show the respect and manners that maketh the man.

Oh, and I usually fancy the pants off them

"I'm noticing that couples are much more likely to be happy to chat for a bit and then meet for a drink prior to play than single guys are. This is the case even though the couples often need to arrange babysitters and such, whereas it's usually easier for the guys. Why is this?

I understand that some single guys run on hormones and want to meet immediately without all that preliminary faffing about, but I'm sure they're not all like that.

I also realise that guys may be concerned that someone wanting to "get to know them a bit better" is actually looking for a relationship or commitment.

Is that all there is to it or is there a good reason that so many single guys argue and try to avoid chatting and meeting up to establish trust?

When I express interest to someone, I reiterate what it says on my profile, i.e. I want to feel comfortable with people before I'll agree to meet, that I must be reasonably sure we'll like each other, and that I insist on meeting for a drink or coffee before arranging anything else. I won't meet and play on the same day.

I've not been back here long, so it's early days, but the majority of guys I've said this to have initially tried to convince me it's not necessary, (usually wanting me to invite them round, even though my profile says I can't accommodate), and when I've refused to budge, they've lost interest.

Clearly they were after instant jollies and didn't give much of a shit if I felt comfortable or not, or if I liked them or not, as long as they got their dicks wet.

I suppose my question is, is there a reason guys won't chat and meet first, other than wanting instant gratification? Do some think they are such hot shit they don't have to? Am I being unreasonable or unrealistic wanting to to know a bit about the person/people I am going to be arranging to fuck, and wanting to meet for a drink first?

Although I've been on and off here for a while, and have met a few people, I am single, here for NSA and don't have much experience of swinging, (though if I had a swinging partner I'd love to go to some clubs. I'm not really interested in going alone. Going to fetish events alone can be exhausting enough and I have weapons there!)

Maybe it's my demands that are all screwed up, which is a shame as my rules all resulted from experience and I'm definitely not going to do short notice first meets, or meet people without being confident we'll like each other!

God this is long, sorry. I may have been on the wine just a little bit!"

Part of the problem is where you have people into ‘quick and dirty meets’ trying to meet up with people who want to take it slower and bring in social aspects before any sex (or vice versa) . That leads to conflict – where there isn’t a ‘meeting of minds’. It should be about meeting the likeminded – not about trying to bend/break/change someone else’s rules or criteria.

People should respect limits, boundaries and rules - your own personal safety should be paramount at all times. No one should sacrifice their own rules and morals just to get laid. Sadly there are many who will.

London

"I'm noticing that couples are much more likely to be happy to chat for a bit and then meet for a drink prior to play than single guys are. This is the case even though the couples often need to arrange babysitters and such, whereas it's usually easier for the guys. Why is this?

God this is long, sorry. I may have been on the wine just a little bit!

Part of the problem is where you have people into ‘quick and dirty meets’ trying to meet up with people who want to take it slower and bring in social aspects before any sex (or vice versa) . That leads to conflict – where there isn’t a ‘meeting of minds’. It should be about meeting the likeminded – not about trying to bend/break/change someone else’s rules or criteria.

People should respect limits, boundaries and rules - your own personal safety should be paramount at all times. No one should sacrifice their own rules and morals just to get laid. Sadly there are many who will.

"

...and there you have it!

There's nothing wrong in forgoing a social drink and just getting down to it, if the other party is "likeminded". The problems start when people use "likeminded" as a general collective term to describe everyone on site.

"I guess because lots of couples treat it as a whole social thing too ... if I was part of a couple I would be wary who I brought into the relationship as a playmate. I've been turned down by a lot of couples for whatever reason."

with that photo wouldn't turn you down! Xx

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

for me I always look at a social meet as "try before you buy" so to speak.... go in with no expectations and you can't be disappointed...

and i think that is where people go wrong....

they think a meet is some sort of guarentee... so just skip the fomalities of a social meet and just jump into bed...

at the end of the day I say this to both couples and singles.... you can only go as quick as the slowest person.. so if one party says no, it aint happening anyway.....

Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 24/07/12 10:42:30]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Not us

We meet for a drink for a couple of hours and if everyone is still happy to play then we play the same night....if not we have had a couple of hours out and nothing lost.

We like the build up to it as well as the playing and if they went away until another day it loses it a bit.

We like to play that way and it suits us.

for me like rugby its about play or dont play.I rarely meet outwith the play area(obv not a dogging meet lol), and I've not had many meets over the years that could be considered as dates... I prefer drinks in the house etc etc, and a 'maybe' to the sex is normally how it goes

I have to say there are so many women

( for my case ) on here that I would love to just meet up with them and f**k there brains out or pleasure them in anyway shape or form, I mean thats why 'most of us' are all really on here for!!

( if only I got out more to get the chance too )

But I personally would prefer to meet up for a chat / coffee or whatever the case maybe before thinking bout anything else goin on or going any further.

Mutual, mental & physical attraction is a def prefferal for me first.

Then if its all good, the lustful passionate meaningful sex / playtimes etc can & will be so much better in the long run, rather than quickies and meaningless random get togethers that can sometimes just make you feel used & abused.

( unless thats how you like it and want it lol )

We all have our own thoughts, points of view / approvals & ideas on what we want and how & when we want it.

Im in no rush, not pushy nor looking to notch up bedposts etc.

Just wanting to appreciate and get more out of life, make new friends whether sexual or platonic ( i think thats right ), socialise and broaden my horizons more.

"

Ladies and couples outnumber single blokes 10 to 1 (or whatever). "

Erm ..can I redo the maths ...but I think people 'got my drift'.

I of course meant blokes outnumber ladies and couples of course.

My D'UH for the week ..

"I guess because lots of couples treat it as a whole social thing too ... if I was part of a couple I would be wary who I brought into the relationship as a playmate. I've been turned down by a lot of couples for whatever reason.

with that photo wouldn't turn you down! Xx"

That's not very nice

I think I read that wrong because there's a word missing ... misunderstood

London

"I think I read that wrong because there's a word missing ... misunderstood"

Yes, you did!

I always meet for a coffee first, to see if we get on and also to check if they are an axe murderer. (Or not)

I've had some very rude replies from couple and blokes saying they just meet for sex and that I'm being stupid for wanting to meet first. I don't think there's any need to be rude, we are all different. All they have to do is find someone that wants the same.

we always meet for a drink first to see if we all get on. and so far we have been ok

I have said to my friends on here before I could never randomly meet and just have sex. I have to click and there be a connection and there has to be on the other side too.

Perhaps I am just weird like that

"I have said to my friends on here before I could never randomly meet and just have sex. I have to click and there be a connection and there has to be on the other side too.

Perhaps I am just weird like that "

not weird lol...but I think if I done that with a lot of my meets, they would think it is weird..in fact half them wouldnt even do camchats (I'm too busy most times for that myself).

I just like varying my meet styles to the kinds I want and their frequency.

By *xonswingersCouple  over a year ago

Close to Oxford

I think a social meet is a must for us, we dont want just anyone coming to our house, the place that has our possesions and where our children are, you could be inviting in all sorts of trouble.

Also, what if the chemistry is there over the comms you have on here but when you meet the photos and personality just dont match what you were expecting?

We are happy to play on a first date if we all feel comfortable with each other in a social situation but at least if its not happening you can shake hands and move on without trying to make up excuses to get them out of your home ASAP.

"I think a social meet is a must for us, we dont want just anyone coming to our house, the place that has our possesions and where our children are, you could be inviting in all sorts of trouble.

Also, what if the chemistry is there over the comms you have on here but when you meet the photos and personality just dont match what you were expecting?

We are happy to play on a first date if we all feel comfortable with each other in a social situation but at least if its not happening you can shake hands and move on without trying to make up excuses to get them out of your home ASAP."

why make excuses???-its ur house..the meet isnt going to work.

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Sometimes I'll meet for a drink.... Sometimes I'll meet at mine / theirs

Regardless of where I meet I make it very clear that I meet with no guarantee (or expectation) that anything more than a drink / coffee and chat will happen.

And yes, on a few occasions I've told people that it's just not going to happen and left / asked them to leave.

Maybe some will say I'm taking a risk.... But who's to say the guy / girl / cpl you meet for a coffee who is / are lovely people can't turn into psychos on a 2nd meet in private anyway lol

By *xonswingersCouple  over a year ago

Close to Oxford

"

" at least if its not happening you can shake hands and move on without trying to make up excuses to get them out of your home ASAP."

why make excuses???-its ur house..the meet isnt going to work."

You still want to be polite so we used to go with the subtle hints, but now after a few bad experiences of pushy people turning up and expecting sex straight off becuase they had to get back for whatever reason, or people just not being what they advertised themselves as we made the decision to only meet if it could be a social first.

"I guess because lots of couples treat it as a whole social thing too ... if I was part of a couple I would be wary who I brought into the relationship as a playmate. I've been turned down by a lot of couples for whatever reason.

with that photo wouldn't turn you down! Xx

That's not very nice "

Aww let me rephrase.....with that photo i wouldn't turn you down x

» Add a new message to this topic