FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > kendal calling

kendal calling

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Our local music festival is coming up this weekend, just wondering if anyones going up that wants to have a bit of fun x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Anyone going?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not me I am afraid, Cumbria way too far

Shame

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

You may not know this, but about six months ago, Cumbria lost a great Jazz musician. A guy called Dave Saville. Died from cancer and was related through marriage...

May not be the sort of music you are going to, but I thought him worth a mention. He played all round Cumbria including Grange.. He was from Hemel Hempstead..

Yes i knew him very well i really did like his type of music, he lived about 5 minutes away from me, i used to work in a pub he used to work in. Very nice man and will be sadly missed, i like all types of music.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

"Yes i knew him very well i really did like his type of music, he lived about 5 minutes away from me, i used to work in a pub he used to work in. Very nice man and will be sadly missed, i like all types of music."

Thanks for that.. Just a pity that Dave has gone.. He had an illustrious career, playing in the Midnight Follies and teaching in Hemel Hempstead. He played in many bands and whilst in Cumbria as well as hosting "Dave Saville & Friends". Sadly, his son didn't know him, Dave kept apart from his Hemel family, I think so not to have undue influence on the boy because of his heavy drinking and brushes with the law because of it! He would have been very proud of the way his lad turned out.. I know we are...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How was it?

» Add a new message to this topic