FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Poly

Poly

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've read about it and interested in it. Do you all live together? Or live with just one partner. Do you love the other person or persons the same as your partner? Bit confused about it all. Any advice welcome

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm looking into whether I might be polyamorous myself and it might work for me.

I don't quite know how it might work but I feel I could fall into that bracket. Building intense relationships but not being monogamous and feeling love for more than one person.

I too am open to any input on this subject

By *ain and sortedMan  over a year ago

Old Harlow Essex

"I've read about it and interested in it. Do you all live together? Or live with just one partner. Do you love the other person or persons the same as your partner? Bit confused about it all. Any advice welcome "

Not an expert in this, only went to uni. Polytechnic wouldn't have me haha

I darnt comment on what I think it is, as the forum police wil get me haha, more or less an open relationship, with more than one person all 3 or 4 sharing life's experiences, committed to each other but just not 1 person but all together and in a realationship I think x

There’s a girl that does a blog called boldly grow she is very knowledgeable and answers millions of questions you may not even have thought of. xx

"There’s a girl that does a blog called boldly grow she is very knowledgeable and answers millions of questions you may not even have thought of. xx "

Thanks for the advice. I'll google it

poly is our nature and dream.. lockdown sucks

d

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"poly is our nature and dream.. lockdown sucks

d"

Why can't you form a bubble with a single person ?

"poly is our nature and dream.. lockdown sucks

d

Why can't you form a bubble with a single person ? "

I guess u can if it's just one person. Not sure on rules of bubbles

cos bubbles tend to be family members

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"cos bubbles tend to be family members "

I thought it could be anyone who lives alone or just with children under 18.

Wouldn’t mind being in a poly relationship often shared partners in the past. I know it would be a bit more than that but would be a turn on.

"cos bubbles tend to be family members

I thought it could be anyone who lives alone or just with children under 18. "

i thought you were just allowed one bubble.. Two maximum.. most people would use them for family.. anyone confirm?

when this started the dutch created an actual sex partner bubble... never get that here

d

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

"I've read about it and interested in it. Do you all live together? Or live with just one partner. Do you love the other person or persons the same as your partner? Bit confused about it all. Any advice welcome "

There are so many different set ups - it's about finding what's right for you. I live with my fiance, my other partner lives a few hundred miles away. A good friend of mine is solo poly and has several partners but doesn't live with any of them. It's such a personal thing, it's about finding what works for you all.

I love them both. Slightly differently, it's hard to explain really. You know how you can really love cherries and satsumas. Well they don't taste the same, they don't look the same or whatever but you know you love both. Crap analogy but best I can come up with! You can feel love for more than one person, whether it's the same type or slightly different - there's no wrong or right way to do it (as long as it's ethical).

More Than Two is a helpful website if you want to read up more on any of this! It will probably explain things far better than I have as well.

By *reativecouplederbyCouple  over a year ago

Derby

Guess it varies from person to person - we have poly friends who have a live in relationship with each other, but each have seperate relationships elsewhere too

Whereas we're looking for an extra person long term, with the hope of possibly all living together eventually (happy to play with others until that day comes however...!!)

By *lowhands7Man  over a year ago

South Leicestershire / Burton on Trent

Have been in a poly relationship before. My advice is that there are no hard and fast rules that apply to all, it is up to you to make the rules to suit those within the relationship and your respective circumstances. Get that right and it makes for a fun and happy relationship

Thanks for the advice very helpful

I had friends a while ago now but he lived with his wife (their kids were all adults and lived away), his concubine and their young child and his girlfriend and they all lived together happily ... aside from the usual grumbles!

ok cupid is meant to be good for poly so they say

By *interfoxWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I'm poly I live with my partner he has another long distance relationship I was looking for a secondary until covid

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

My advice research research research

There are lots of books, blogs and sites covering poly.

Try and be clear in your mind what you want, what you have to offer, and what you may be prepared to fo without.

Then its a case of finding people with similar outlooks, and making it work.

Envy and jealousy will end this rather quickly.

By *antric ecstasyMan  over a year ago

Co Durham

There is no one way to be poly. Some have a primary 'nesting' part er they live with like a 'normal' couple while one or both have outside partners. Some have more than one partner living together (polygamy or polyandry). It's possible to have a group who share and share alike. Some just sleep around and others are stuck in a 1:1 relationship and have secret lovers - what is generally known as cheating. It is what you want it to be, not how how someone else defines it.

Hoping my GF + my best friend (male) and me get a 3,way romantic relationship

By *rs_pegging_mrCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

We'd love to find a lady we both liked to be in a poly relationship with us both.

By *odgerMan  over a year ago

Coventry(ish)/London

Try watching Trigonometry on the telly. All about poly and thought provoking!

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Got to have good comunication between all parties open honesty no secrets no breeding ground for jelousey .any boundarys have to be agreed and respected to many think its about playing the field

"Got to have good comunication between all parties open honesty no secrets no breeding ground for jelousey .any boundarys have to be agreed and respected to many think its about playing the field "

Yes agreed. My primary partner we talk all time about how were feeling and making sure were both happy with everything that's going on. Guessing wont be easy for sure. Finding someone that gets on with him and he likes also. Well when were allowed that is

Poly = awesome.

we are talking about this and would love to chat with a couple who have gone down this route

Happy to chat. I am slow to respond. Apologies in advance.

Key point to note. Polyamory is a massive catch all term. We have never met anyone who does it the same way as anyone who else. So just sit down. Work something out. For example, we don’t aim to find other partners and let it naturally progress. Other like then pokemon ‘gotta catch them all’ style of as many partners as possible. Neither is wrong.

Other key point is honesty and openness ss. We literally have zero lies or secrets. If you can’t do honesty, it’s going to suck hard.

But the begat feeling. Expressing how you’ve got/developing feeling for someone and having support. You’re not having to lie to yourself or them and no one should get hurt.

By *allgirthyMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

Looking for poly myself if anybody is in need of a male to complete the triangle. It’s not just the sexual aspects of poly that appeal - it’s a 24/7 dynamic that can be so rewarding.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

We are a fmf 3some works great for us

By *assunach and CuimreachCouple  over a year ago

Wiltshire

Poly like people is completely individual. I’m polyamorous, and for me it’s about being connected emotionally to my partners. I swing as well, but that is just sex.

The Ethical slut and More than two are excellent books for anyone who is interested in polyamory.

Sass

"lThe Ethical slut and More than two are excellent books for anyone who is interested in polyamory."

The ethical slut is on my bookcase, but I I could t take it too seriously when it started talking about sexual energy and stuff.

*Their message. Not there. Bigger

"*Their message. Not there. Bigger"

Wanted to privately message to say thank you for your post. I’ve recently accepted being bi Poly and have faced loads of intrusive and judgemental questions. This has helped enormously and I love the graceful humour throughout.

Wonderful thoughts from beautiful people xxx

Oh, if anyone is curious as to what the cat picture was.. PM me and I’ll send you it.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Swinging with connection & feelings. For me accepting that one lover can’t fulfil all my needs. Wife, girlfriend and occasional FB/FWB works but ideally all out in the open although it would be a little weird if they all knew each other.

Problems arise when one or more aren’t truly Poly and they get insecure, jealous or possessive and try to dictate who you can see, they just go along with it.

Wiltshire

" The ethical slut is on my bookcase, but I I could t take it too seriously when it started talking about sexual energy and stuff. "

New Relationship Energy is definitely a thing for me. That heady, awesome feeling when you have a connection with someone new, and the mindfulness you need to pay to ensure any other partners don’t feel it means you love them any less. NRE is an ambrosia of hormones and chemicals that give you the same high drugs do. But I also experience limerence, when a partner of mine finds that with someone else. I love that about poly. Sharing in everyone else’s joy and connection. Even if you’re not in their relationship. And the bond between metamours is beautiful.

More than two is more about the practical implications of poly.

I have both on audiobook and i dip in and out when dickheads like whoever messaged you try to make me doubt myself. You gave them a lot more of your time in replying than they deserved.

Sass

He got a 2day forum ban for sharing that message he got :p

" New Relationship Energy is definitely a thing for me"

He’s got alexithymia.. so processing/recognising that is pretty much impossible. Sex + love = not Linked

Wiltshire

"He got a 2day forum ban for sharing that message he got :p"

Probably not long enough to chance his outdated brain unfortunately.

"He got a 2day forum ban for sharing that message he got :p

Probably not long enough to chance his outdated brain unfortunately. "

I meant my fiancée got a 2 day ban. Not the person who sent the message.

Wiltshire

"I meant my fiancée got a 2 day ban. Not the person who sent the message. "

Wow.

Old Harlow Essex

"Happy to chat. I am slow to respond. Apologies in advance.

Key point to note. Polyamory is a massive catch all term. We have never met anyone who does it the same way as anyone who else. So just sit down. Work something out. For example, we don’t aim to find other partners and let it naturally progress. Other like then pokemon ‘gotta catch them all’ style of as many partners as possible. Neither is wrong.

Other key point is honesty and openness ss. We literally have zero lies or secrets. If you can’t do honesty, it’s going to suck hard.

But the begat feeling. Expressing how you’ve got/developing feeling for someone and having support. You’re not having to lie to yourself or them and no one should get hurt.

"

Great profile guys x

Thanks for all the input alot to think about x

Great profile guys x "

He says thanks. He’s still got a 2 day forum ban. The other person did get an account deletion though.

Poly for me (and him) just works. No jeaslousu. So

Worrying about developing feelings.

Hoping my GF and my best friend get together romantically and he regularly fucks her and they fall in love

Old Harlow Essex

Great profile guys x

He says thanks. He’s still got a 2 day forum ban. The other person did get an account deletion though.

Poly for me (and him) just works. No jeaslousu. So

Worrying about developing feelings. "

Oh dear that sounds like he's been bad boy getting a ban.i agree should be no jealousy that's distructive not constructive as long as everyone's honest and content the way it should be x

"Hoping my GF and my best friend get together romantically and he regularly fucks her and they fall in love "

How realistic do you think that actually is?

It's something we have been looking at and is on our list . Hopefully after lockdown is over we can start looking again

By *orkshrCplCouple  over a year ago

Ripon

It's definitely possible but difficult to maintain x

And back :p

By *ookie an creamCouple  over a year ago

Fife

We have talked about it but will be waiting untill our kids have all moved on before we start looking.

We are really up for it and looking for such a romantic relationship with a proper guy family friend xx

By *oojCouple  over a year ago

exeter

Bubbled here with a single bi lady, we are very lucky.

We’re Polly and it’s great fun the wife finds it easier than me. Perhaps I’m to picky.

"We’re Polly and it’s great fun the wife finds it easier than me. Perhaps I’m to picky. "

It’s a male female thing.

Not Poly but we are interested in Ethical Non-Monogamy. We are open to dates as well as sex but probably wouldn't bring a third person into our marriage long term.

By *andRCouple  over a year ago

barry

We have had a few poly relationships. One lasting years that ended when we married as she stepped away but has returned a few times over the years and is our long term goal to be all living together.

Others have been a bit more limited , mainly gfs of Ry that have occasionally joined us but our last was a long term ish 7 to 8 months full blown poly with dates between all or just 2 that was amazing.

As others have said Honesty is paramount and each poly arrangement is different so you all need to talk and agree on how things progress.

Ditto to wanting lockdown to end so we can all get back out there and love each other.

Xx G

By *inranWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

There are so many different forms of poly.

Personally I find multiple individual relationships easier than triads or groups because the more intertwined the more complicated the management.

But that's purely personal. Communication and trust is key though. The only issue hubs and I have ever had with poly is when we have seen the other person being decided or treated badly.

But sadly that's a part of dating however you do it at times.

By *ocoTemptationMan  over a year ago

london

I'm a single dad who still has his kids living with so a poly dynamic as a non primary partner is one of the scenareos that I'd give serious consideration with the right person/couple.

Covid has somewhat focused my mind so the above or a long term relationship with a cuckold couple are two very appealing dynamics that I would give serious consideration.

By *othicslaveCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

We would like to but in a few years it's hard to get to time to do anything with both work full time and we have kids family time is more important.

Old Harlow Essex

Benefits far out way the negatives, 2 cooks, 2 cleaners, 2 ironers, perfect haha, sorry I cdnt resist x

By *andRCouple  over a year ago

barry

"Benefits far out way the negatives, 2 cooks, 2 cleaners, 2 ironers, perfect haha, sorry I cdnt resist x "

Don't forget the 2 mouth blow jobs that are a daily legal obligation in any mff poly arrangement.

No one tell Ry different Haha

Xx G

» Add a new message to this topic