FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Ouch! Blocked!

Ouch! Blocked!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've often wondered why some people get so upset when they're blocked by another person or couple. I could never see why it's such a problem to be honest. Until today......

I attempted to strike up a conversation by message only to be blocked. It's never happened before and I'm not sure what I'd done but none the less, bang! Blocked!

I know, I know, it's their choice, it's not a big deal, I should forget it and move on etc. But come on! I have feelings too!

And then I realised how silly I was being and yes, it is their choice. I hold no ill feelings towards them and I totally respect their decision. I obviously did or said something not to their liking and that's how they've dealt with it. Good on 'em for being decisive I say.

So good wishes to all you blockers out there. Block away for whatever reason you want. It's your choice and we live in a democracy (kind of).

Now who shall I block?........

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Me .. Quickly , before I say something I regret

Make it worth our while by saying something outrageous!

By *anderer2018Man  over a year ago

Bangkok

I've had this a few times as well, but oh well never mind we just move on I guess!

Well i got blocked a day or so ago by a lady who i thought i was getting on with, i made what i thought was a harmless comment in an attempt to joke a little and got an indignant reply back and blocked...well as i cant explain my comment and explain it was a joke theres a little if anything i can do about it except carry on regardless and not worry about it. If people want to block their choice and in some cases...their loss

wait until people are getting you blocked from the forums for nothing, lots of people in this site are just pure ignorant, i just think they will get their penance

"wait until people are getting you blocked from the forums for nothing, lots of people in this site are just pure ignorant, i just think they will get their penance "

Hey! We're trying to be positive about the 'being blocked' thing here!

"wait until people are getting you blocked from the forums for nothing, lots of people in this site are just pure ignorant, i just think they will get their penance

Hey! We're trying to be positive about the 'being blocked' thing here! "

theres nothing positive about being blocked

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"

theres nothing positive about being blocked "

errr , would say yes there is...

it saves you AND the other party time if your not compatible

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"wait until people are getting you blocked from the forums for nothing, lots of people in this site are just pure ignorant, i just think they will get their penance "

Did someone else type for you?

I get blocked constantly by single guys. Obviously they believe that because I am a tgirl that I will be chasing after them, playing with myself while looking at their profile etc. The part I find really funny about this is that I am on fab to meet girls. It says so on my profile.

So stick that up your arse single guys who are so arrogant to think I will be after them lol lol lol.

[Removed by poster at 31/08/12 06:21:21]

i use block for two reasons

1. if i come accross a prat that wont take no - trust me girls we men get them honest

2. if after carefully reading someones profile and i message them but they immediately "deleat" the message without reply - i block then cuz if they cant be arsed to reply they not my type of people and that way saves me accidently sending another message some stager in future

By *stmateMan  over a year ago

Notts

YES! Now u know how it feels, u can block me anytime, I'm immune to it lol

By *stmateMan  over a year ago

Notts

" i use block for two reasons

1. if i come accross a prat that wont take no - trust me girls we men get them honest

2. if after carefully reading someones profile and i message them but they immediately "deleat" the message without reply - i block then cuz if they cant be arsed to reply they not my type of people and that way saves me accidently sending another message some stager in future

"

"

Absolutely the same here fella, saves time in future and if theyre not going to respond now, they won't in future so why bother them again.

Absolutely the same here fella, saves time in future and if theyre not going to respond now, they won't in future so why bother them again.

"

Yep, me too

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

i dont think many of the genuine folk on here who do use the block facility, do so for 'nothing'..

either they dont like your point of view or attitude on the threads they have seen you contribute or..

it will be that you are 'not for them' and they are minimising their inbox..

i think your sweeping generalisation that lots are ignorant says a lot tbh..

I block when I reply to a guy saying no thanks and he starts with the oh why.. I'll show u a good time.

If I've replied to say no.. Then let it go.,

Other blocks would b if I find them offensive, insulting or just totally push push push..

I'm just glad we have it..

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I get blocked constantly by single guys. Obviously they believe that because I am a tgirl that I will be chasing after them, playing with myself while looking at their profile etc.

"

Or they could just be using their filters to suit them.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am always amused at these type of threads, as you get people really put out that people have actually blocked them. I bet the people who are offended by it actually have people blocked, so what is the difference.

It is an adult site, were we all make choices of who we speak to or who we want to mail us.

I'd say block me - just for the sake of finally knowing i'm on someone's block list!!!

But having had a quick stealth peek at your profile - in hindsight - don't!!

I like the pics too much even if you're too far away!!!

By *orkscrew CurlsWoman  over a year ago

Loughborough Leics

I just wish real life had a block button!

There's plenty I'd be happy to never see, hear or have to deal with again!

Interesting.I have never complained about what people say to me in the Forum-even the person who called me a 'cunt' and the people who have told me I am "up my own arse" (whatever that means) The way I see it, if we can't take flak then we shouldn't dish it out and I often say provocative things.

People have clearly complained about me though because I have been banned a few times. But I must be less sensitive than you because I never take umbrage. Mostly I just have a little chuckle!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Just to clarify something, it matters not how many people complain about someone or report someone..you would only be banned if what YOU have written has broken rules.

I like to get blocked from time to time, reminds me that I'm human after all and that I'm not for everyone lmao.

I don't block many though, usually just serial male cam viewers and some nutty couples! Never blocked a lady as of yet. Ladies are too busy to piss me off I suppose

Why I block=

A) The same person who messaged me a few weeks ago and i said no too and they thought they could try ago NO means NO

B) They are totally rude and disrespectful

C) They play stupid games same like stalking me

D) They are racist to me once i say NO

Im sure there are other reasons but i cant think of any right now.

I have been blocked for not replying too quickly and also because i said no to them and that way they dont try again.

"Why I block=

A) The same person who messaged me a few weeks ago and i said no too and they thought they could try ago NO means NO

"

I think with this one, people genuinely forget who they have messaged before, I look at profiles, notice we have had contact but can't for the life of me remember them

Not saying don't block them, but don't assume they are all just being pushy

"I am always amused at these type of threads, as you get people really put out that people have actually blocked them. I bet the people who are offended by it actually have people blocked, so what is the difference.

It is an adult site, were we all make choices of who we speak to or who we want to mail us."

yorkman hands Ruby a chill pill lol

to both Cat and Fia above make good points

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I am always amused at these type of threads, as you get people really put out that people have actually blocked them. I bet the people who are offended by it actually have people blocked, so what is the difference.

It is an adult site, were we all make choices of who we speak to or who we want to mail us.

yorkman hands Ruby a chill pill lol "

What for?

"wait until people are getting you blocked from the forums for nothing, lots of people in this site are just pure ignorant, i just think they will get their penance

Did someone else type for you? "

huh, youve lost me

i dont think many of the genuine folk on here who do use the block facility, do so for 'nothing'..

either they dont like your point of view or attitude on the threads they have seen you contribute or..

"

if people dont like what someone says, why not be adult about it and ignore it in the forums? i do, or i banter about it, and i aim nothing at people personally, and who mentioned inboxing? i very rare message anyone, and its easy to see why

" to both Cat and Fia above make good points "

Why Thank you York

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

if people dont like what someone says, why not be adult about it and ignore it in the forums? i do, or i banter about it, and i aim nothing at people personally, and who mentioned inboxing? i very rare message anyone, and its easy to see why "

some threads and other folks viewpoint's will always get people's backs up, where a poster has talked total bollocks (and we all do so now and then)someone else will react..

nature of the beast..

agree theres no need to get personal but thats inevitable also..

was'nt referring to you personally about inboxing but some on here get inundated so its right for them to use the block facility..

At least you know positively that the other person really doesn't want to know, instead of the 'ifs buts and maybes' brigade of indecisives. The way I see it is that it saves wasted effort, but the block button is a thing either side can wield.

Wolf

[Removed by poster at 31/08/12 13:24:04]

I often block people, not because they've messaged me or have been abusive, I use it to stop me messaging them. As an example, if you are a couple looking for a fem or couple and under no circumstances will you consider a single guy, bang... Blocked... That way they won't get a message from me when I'm not concentrating

By *bend69Couple  over a year ago

twinkletown

[Removed by poster at 31/08/12 13:37:06]

By *bend69Couple  over a year ago

twinkletown

"I've often wondered why some people get so upset when they're blocked by another person or couple. I could never see why it's such a problem to be honest. Until today......

I attempted to strike up a conversation by message only to be blocked. It's never happened before and I'm not sure what I'd done but none the less, bang! Blocked!

I know, I know, it's their choice, it's not a big deal, I should forget it and move on etc. But come on! I have feelings too!

And then I realised how silly I was being and yes, it is their choice. I hold no ill feelings towards them and I totally respect their decision. I obviously did or said something not to their liking and that's how they've dealt with it. Good on 'em for being decisive I say.

So good wishes to all you blockers out there. Block away for whatever reason you want. It's your choice and we live in a democracy (kind of).

Now who shall I block?........"

U didnt msg them in txt type by anychance did u? Pmsl

When you block someone does that stop them appearing in any searches you do?

"When you block someone does that stop them appearing in any searches you do?"
yes

"When you block someone does that stop them appearing in any searches you do?"

Hang on... Are you blocking me now lol

Forum Mod

O o O oo

huh, youve lost me "

The only way someone else could be blamed for a ban you have recieved is if they were typing from your profile.

I do think people are very eager to block instead of just saying 'no thanks'.

Surely the block is only there for the odd occasion where you're being really hassled and you've tried the polite approach.

You've every right to feel perturbed but at the same time don't take it personally, some people are just crap at communicating.

huh, youve lost me

The only way someone else could be blamed for a ban you have recieved is if they were typing from your profile. "

nope, what ive been banned for im still at a loss of why i was banned as they dont reply when you ask why and to show the evidence of what you was supposed to have done, and the reasons they send in mail are unfounded, it seems to me there is too many itchy fingers here, and certain people dont like other peoples opinions or banter, its meant to be fun in the forums, not serious and people looking for the slightest thing to get people banned, if something offends me id blank it, but nothing offends me to get people banned

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

You get banned for talking about bans lol

"You get banned for talking about bans lol"

oh dear, i can feel fingers twitching

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

nope, what ive been banned for im still at a loss of why i was banned as they dont reply when you ask why and to show the evidence of what you was supposed to have done, and the reasons they send in mail are unfounded, it seems to me there is too many itchy fingers here, and certain people dont like other peoples opinions or banter, its meant to be fun in the forums, not serious and people looking for the slightest thing to get people banned, if something offends me id blank it, but nothing offends me to get people banned "

I will explain again, only what YOU type will get yourself a ban. You can't get a ban on someone elses say so.

Here is a copy of what Admin say about bans.....the best thing for anyone to do is to do as Admin ask and read what Admin say about what happens after you use the CONTACT button.

****The forum mods are all volunteers.

Mistakes and mistjudgements occasionally do happen. We do ask that forum ban complaints are directed to us via the CONATCT link.

If you contact us about a forum timeout we will look into it. If you don't hear back from us you can assume we think the timeout is fair .

If you treat the forums as a bit of fun, you won't go far wrong and you're really unlikely to have any problems.

Closing this now, any specific mod issues feel free to contact us directly.

Admin x*****

As Thin Lizzy once sang..

I'm a blocker , i'm a roller too baby,but i'm a blocker

» Add a new message to this topic