Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Or this year "

I might go this year... when is it?

By *enuine MikeMan  over a year ago

Guildford

After the bullshit stunt Massi pulled along with the FIA in Abu Dhabi.

F1 can go fuck itself. Im not giving them a penny until they sort their shit out

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"After the bullshit stunt Massi pulled along with the FIA in Abu Dhabi.

F1 can go fuck itself. Im not giving them a penny until they sort their shit out "

They have a new boss... he's already said that Hamilton will be punished for not going to the staff Xmas disco

Guildford

F1 can go fuck itself. Im not giving them a penny until they sort their shit out

They have a new boss... he's already said that Hamilton will be punished for not going to the staff Xmas disco"

Precisely my point. Instead of getting their house in order, revising the rules and getting rid of corupt race directors. They are victimising the very person they shafted a week ago

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

cant think of a worse track to go to tbh, ive worked in motorsport all my life, been to a few f1 races, never paid mind, and without going to how boring f1 is to watch, at silverstone you are miles from the track, so maybe see a flash of a car fly by miles away, and the cost i believe is eye watering, instead grab some mates and get to le mans, better racing, get to have a party at the same time, and see the cars and meet drivers, probably cheaper too

By *rad670Man  over a year ago

South Lakes

I've been twice to the Silverstone Classic and would go again but F1 no longer interests me.

By *OONFANMan  over a year ago

Gateshead

"cant think of a worse track to go to tbh, ive worked in motorsport all my life, been to a few f1 races, never paid mind, and without going to how boring f1 is to watch, at silverstone you are miles from the track, so maybe see a flash of a car fly by miles away, and the cost i believe is eye watering, instead grab some mates and get to le mans, better racing, get to have a party at the same time, and see the cars and meet drivers, probably cheaper too"

I go to Formula E, get to see some nice cities (been to Monaco for a fraction of the F1 price) autograph sessions with all the drivers and can just stand the other side of the track wall.

By *ayjay218Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I read quite a good analogy of what happened in the last race and found it quite humorous, “ it’s like tiger woods being 5 holes up with 5 holes to play against Rory mcilroy and Dustin Johnson breaks his leg playing someone else further back on the course, so they halt play then restart with the first match being decided with a chip off from the green side bunker on 18 but tiger has to use a driver and Rory to use a sand wedge lol

By *appy2100Couple  over a year ago

kensington

"I read quite a good analogy of what happened in the last race and found it quite humorous, “ it’s like tiger woods being 5 holes up with 5 holes to play against Rory mcilroy and Dustin Johnson breaks his leg playing someone else further back on the course, so they halt play then

restart with the first match being decided with a chip off from the green side bunker on 18 but tiger has to use a driver and Rory to use a sand wedge lol "

Very good.

Guildford

"I read quite a good analogy of what happened in the last race and found it quite humorous, “ it’s like tiger woods being 5 holes up with 5 holes to play against Rory mcilroy and Dustin Johnson breaks his leg playing someone else further back on the course, so they halt play then restart with the first match being decided with a chip off from the green side bunker on 18 but tiger has to use a driver and Rory to use a sand wedge lol "

Yet there are people out there who hand on heart, genuinely swear that those golf rules are correct

winchester

"I've been twice to the Silverstone Classic and would go again but F1 no longer interests me."

ive run some fun cars at the classic, great event

By *ovingeachotherCouple  over a year ago

Devizes

Hubby and I would love to but it's too expensive x

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"cant think of a worse track to go to tbh, ive worked in motorsport all my life, been to a few f1 races, never paid mind, and without going to how boring f1 is to watch, at silverstone you are miles from the track, so maybe see a flash of a car fly by miles away, and the cost i believe is eye watering, instead grab some mates and get to le mans, better racing, get to have a party at the same time, and see the cars and meet drivers, probably cheaper too"

In France... Not sure we are allowed any more... We are png.

But good Intel all the same.

winchester

"cant think of a worse track to go to tbh, ive worked in motorsport all my life, been to a few f1 races, never paid mind, and without going to how boring f1 is to watch, at silverstone you are miles from the track, so maybe see a flash of a car fly by miles away, and the cost i believe is eye watering, instead grab some mates and get to le mans, better racing, get to have a party at the same time, and see the cars and meet drivers, probably cheaper too

But good Intel all the same. "

its also the only sporting event in the world that can be seen from space, usless fact for you

Aberdeen

"cant think of a worse track to go to tbh, ive worked in motorsport all my life, been to a few f1 races, never paid mind, and without going to how boring f1 is to watch, at silverstone you are miles from the track, so maybe see a flash of a car fly by miles away, and the cost i believe is eye watering, instead grab some mates and get to le mans, better racing, get to have a party at the same time, and see the cars and meet drivers, probably cheaper too

its also the only sporting event in the world that can be seen from space, usless fact for you"

is that true? It used to always be said that the only man made structure on earth visible from space was the Great Wall of China but apparently that is not true at all!

winchester

its also the only sporting event in the world that can be seen from space, usless fact for you is that true? It used to always be said that the only man made structure on earth visible from space was the Great Wall of China but apparently that is not true at all!"

tbh its probably all the bonfires lol.

and the great wall can be seen, but its not a sporting event

Aberdeen

its also the only sporting event in the world that can be seen from space, usless fact for you is that true? It used to always be said that the only man made structure on earth visible from space was the Great Wall of China but apparently that is not true at all!

and the great wall can be seen, but its not a sporting event"

I think that the GWOC being seen from space is a myth judging by QI and Stephen Fry lol

winchester

its also the only sporting event in the world that can be seen from space, usless fact for you is that true? It used to always be said that the only man made structure on earth visible from space was the Great Wall of China but apparently that is not true at all!

and the great wall can be seen, but its not a sporting event I think that the GWOC being seen from space is a myth judging by QI and Stephen Fry lol "

ah ok didnt know that

Aberdeen

and the great wall can be seen, but its not a sporting event I think that the GWOC being seen from space is a myth judging by QI and Stephen Fry lol

ah ok didnt know that"

it could actually be that they are wrong and I for some silly reason would like to know either way.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

and the great wall can be seen, but its not a sporting event I think that the GWOC being seen from space is a myth judging by QI and Stephen Fry lol

ah ok didnt know that it could actually be that they are wrong and I for some silly reason would like to know either way. "

Ask Elon

Aberdeen

ah ok didnt know that it could actually be that they are wrong and I for some silly reason would like to know either way.

Ask Elon "

if he says yes it musk be true

By *eventysixCouple  over a year ago

glossop

General admission is sold out. so I'm not going next year. Not paying for a grandstand they are extortionate

By *hitemidlandsmale OP   Man  over a year ago

Bedworth

"General admission is sold out. so I'm not going next year. Not paying for a grandstand they are extortionate "

Worth it to not have to getvto the track silly o clock though

By *eventysixCouple  over a year ago

glossop

"General admission is sold out. so I'm not going next year. Not paying for a grandstand they are extortionate

Worth it to not have to getvto the track silly o clock though"

its all part of the fun the genral admission. Looking for alan still

By *ickdasterdly51Man  over a year ago

Lingfield

Go to Le Mans, far more fun!

By *inkyCeltMan  over a year ago

Newport

F1 can go fuck itself. Im not giving them a penny until they sort their shit out "

My feeling too. Not even sure I'll bother watching on TV next year.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Anybody going to the f1 next year"

Not until the toss a coin at the start of each race to decide the winner.

Guildford

"Anybody going to the f1 next year

Not until the toss a coin at the start of each race to decide the winner."

Exactly . What is the point of all the races between the 1st and last race if the championship is decided in the stewards room over a game of Rock, Scissors, paper?

Complete bollocks

By *ig_Liam1Man  over a year ago

North

I’m in paddock club for Silverstone, Monaco and Abu Dhabi next season. Very fortunate to know a good few people.

winchester

"Go to Le Mans, far more fun!"

good man, think ive worked ther about 15 times running cars, its a great event, bloody hard work, i remember one year we didnt sleep for 3 days, and that was after a week of only a couple of hours a night

By *aulp4alsMan  over a year ago

Warrington

"Anybody going to the f1 next year

Not until the toss a coin at the start of each race to decide the winner.

Exactly . What is the point of all the races between the 1st and last race if the championship is decided in the stewards room over a game of Rock, Scissors, paper?

Complete bollocks "

I totally agree I have cancelled all my F1 accounts and F1 sky tv. What is the point

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Le Mans for me every time, first time there 1962 then probably a dozen or so times after that

If you were a true petrol head in the 1960s you could fit 2 European F1 races and LeMans into just over a fortnights holiday as there was always an F1 race the weekend before and the weekend after LeMans.

Lingfield

"Le Mans for me every time, first time there 1962 then probably a dozen or so times after that

If you were a true petrol head in the 1960s you could fit 2 European F1 races and LeMans into just over a fortnights holiday as there was always an F1 race the weekend before and the weekend after LeMans."

Wow, you must have some great stories. My first Le Mans was 1985 and I've been about 20 times, about half of them as a marshal at the end of the Mulsanne straight. Haven't been for about ten years due to family and kids but it's undoubtedly the best race in the world. Wouldn't watch an F1 race if it was at the end of the garden.

We used to stop at the Rouen Les Essarts circuit on the way down to remind ourselves what a proper F1 circuit was like, albeit very dangerous.

Lingfield

"Go to Le Mans, far more fun!

good man, think ive worked ther about 15 times running cars, its a great event, bloody hard work, i remember one year we didnt sleep for 3 days, and that was after a week of only a couple of hours a night"

You were probably working there the same time I was marshalling, my first Le Mans spectating was 1985 and I think my first marshaling was about 1995 to about 2010. We used to be at poste 70 near the end of the Mulsanne. My favourite weekend of the year. What cars did you run?

Bedworth

"I’m in paddock club for Silverstone, Monaco and Abu Dhabi next season. Very fortunate to know a good few people. "

Lucky you

Bedworth

Is anybody else in woodlands camping

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wasn’t it Silverstone where Hamilton punted his rival off track and went on to win due to the lenient virtually non existent punishment?

Karma I guess.

By *andman61Man  over a year ago

hereford

"Wasn’t it Silverstone where Hamilton punted his rival off track and went on to win due to the lenient virtually non existent punishment?

Karma I guess."

Yes it was silverstone

Where Verstappen tried an impossible overtake

On what I now think should be renamed

Horner corner!!!

All you could hear was the wine from red bull

And it wasn’t the cars !!!!

Bedworth

Are you two above posters going? If so do we want to organise a place to meet and have a fab chat in the lively area

winchester

good man, think ive worked ther about 15 times running cars, its a great event, bloody hard work, i remember one year we didnt sleep for 3 days, and that was after a week of only a couple of hours a night

You were probably working there the same time I was marshalling, my first Le Mans spectating was 1985 and I think my first marshaling was about 1995 to about 2010. We used to be at poste 70 near the end of the Mulsanne. My favourite weekend of the year. What cars did you run?"

started running the oreca vipers back in the 90's then a break for a couple of years then audi lmp1 and after that mainly lmp2 stuff, various teams, all fond memories, but its a bloody hard week for the workers, think 10 hours sleep in a week lol and lots of 50 hr days, the race day its self is 36 hours work flat out

Bedworth

Who is going to the f1 and who is stopping at woodlands

Lingfield

You were probably working there the same time I was marshalling, my first Le Mans spectating was 1985 and I think my first marshaling was about 1995 to about 2010. We used to be at poste 70 near the end of the Mulsanne. My favourite weekend of the year. What cars did you run?

started running the oreca vipers back in the 90's then a break for a couple of years then audi lmp1 and after that mainly lmp2 stuff, various teams, all fond memories, but its a bloody hard week for the workers, think 10 hours sleep in a week lol and lots of 50 hr days, the race day its self is 36 hours work flat out"

There was an Oreca Viper in one of the historic Masters races at Brands yesterday, lovely to see it again, one of my favourite ever cars.

» Add a new message to this topic