FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Why do guys lie about height?

Why do guys lie about height?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackal1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Whilst my wife prefers guys around six foot plus we do meet less tall guys. ( I’m 5’11 )

One guy we met claimed he was six foot but when we met for a social he was struggling to be 5,7”.

He knew we would see him so why lie. Maybe he thought he could blag it but it actually put us off.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ubyRonCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

Been thinking about this quite a bit. Kind of links to the topic, I'm 6ft1 or 2 can't quite remember. I don't notice it or see it as a plus point.

I often think, Christ I wish I was a bit better endowed down there. Do shorter guys think the same about height?

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

This happened to me and I left after a quick hello. It was only a social but I was annoyed he had tricked me into meeting by claiming to be much taller so did not even go for a drink. I felt that by leaving he would maybe learn a lesson and think twice the next time he met someone.

By *lasphemouscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

There's plenty of people who don't mind height but it seems such a strange thing to lie about, you'll soon find out then wonder what else they're lying about when you meet, I don't see the point in it.

By *MCMan  over a year ago

London / EA

Happened to my friend the other day, she’s 5’4.. went on a date with someone claiming to be 5’7.. was at the spot they agreed to meet and didn’t realise it was said person to start with as he turned out to be shorter than her..

Strange thing to lie about I find personally.

By *ackal1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

We will meet guys if we like them as long as he’s taller than mrs at 5’5” so it does seem silly to lie.

Like I said it just puts us off. And unless they’re standing on a hidden box we will see how tall they are when we meet. It’s a good job I never lie about my 12 inch cock! Can you imagine the disappointment!

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I’m a little over 5 ft 7, it’s not a great height for a man but ok when dressed as a girl. So I’ve become happier with my height over the years.

I can’t understand the idea to lie about how tall you are, as it’s obvious that the lie will be uncovered the minute you meet. Also if you lie about height what else are you hiding about yourself

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

More common to lie about cock size. We met a guy with 9 inchs, he left 3 inches at home the day we met him.

My Mr is deffinatly 6'2. He's not always the tallest in the room thou.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Been thinking about this quite a bit. Kind of links to the topic, I'm 6ft1 or 2 can't quite remember. I don't notice it or see it as a plus point.

I often think, Christ I wish I was a bit better endowed down there. Do shorter guys think the same about height? "

To be honest I do wish I was a bit taller(5'9" I reckon) as being a bit taller and everything being in proportion might make that a wee bit bigger as well...better on both counts

Why does it matter on height, your only meeting them not asking them to fit a lightbulb

By *atience178Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

Happened me before on a social also, guy was about 10 years older and 5 inches smaller than he claimed. There was no 2nd meet. I don’t mind as long as the guy is taller than me in heels, but I’d struggle with anything less as hubby is 6”7

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

People here who lie about anything are either stupid or desperate. Either's not a good look. This is why it pays to take time to out the liars, chancers and deluded so far as possible. Insisting on social only first meetings usally puts off a lot of guys - can't think why...

I’m 6ft 5 and I’ve told people this prior

To meeting and they’re actually surprised when they see me and I actually am that height

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

We wouldn’t turn up with a tape measure, if they said 6ft and were 5,11 we wouldn’t be that fussed.

If it was a big difference in what they said then it’d really put us off as you never know what else they’re telling lies about.

Our most common thing that we find people lie about is age.

By *ornyandachingCouple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Hubby lied when I first tried dating him, we met online.

He had no interest in anyone at the time and told me he was 30stone, 1 inch dick and 4 ft tall…

Turns out he’s 6ft 2, 18stone pol driver for the 7inches he’s been putting in me for nearly 20years xx

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Back in Gatwick!

"I’m 6ft 5 and I’ve told people this prior

To meeting and they’re actually surprised when they see me and I actually am that height "

Lovely height!

My fella is only 5"9 ish he's probably as wide as tall lmao

I'm 5"8 but shorter guys don't bother me at all just don't see why someone would lie about it,

Katie x

By *ubyRonCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

"We wouldn’t turn up with a tape measure, if they said 6ft and were 5,11 we wouldn’t be that fussed.

If it was a big difference in what they said then it’d really put us off as you never know what else they’re telling lies about.

Our most common thing that we find people lie about is age. "

We messed our age up on here and got them the wrong way around. Tried to correct them and now I'm older than I actually am by 2 years. Probably matches my aging look

By *ev257Man  over a year ago

cardiff

I do, I tell everyone I'm 6,2 when really I'm 6,2 1/2.

People lie about all sorts on here not just height. I've had socials where it's not only been height they've lied about but also age and build. I'm sure it's not just men either x

By *ondonLeoMan  over a year ago

London

I’m 5’9”. Crazy the amount of guys that say 6’ and are amazingly the same height (or smaller) than me! And then they get angry for some reason…

I use Vanilla dating sites...the standard chat/acknowledgement is that women usually deceive about their build/weight (close up head & shoulders shots only, body type described as 'average' when they are Orca etc), whereas men usually deceive about their height.

So the genders are as bad as one other.

I’m 6’4 don’t see the point in not telling it how it is.

I dont im only 5.9 and its never been a problem. As long as your in proportion doesnt matter how tall or small you are

I met a guy who said he was 6ft, he was 5ft6 if that. Was a bit of a shock but he lied about other things on his profile

By *rriseMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I would of thought they lie about other sizes, not your height... suppose as being 6ft2" height has never been an issue to lie about.

Fab height init

By *ohoMan  over a year ago

Amsterdam,Netherlands

I'm 5,10 does that count as tall?

Literally no point in making stuff up, I am who I am and can do not a lot about being a little on the short side. If a lied I would fully expect any meet to turn around and walk away. If I lied about that, what else have I been less then truthful with

By *ategoodbyeMan  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

It can also be a mistake. For many years I thought I was 5’10. When I did a proper measurement for some reason, I found I was 5’9.

Wish I was over 6 foot Nothing to do with fab or meeting people, I play Basketball.

I don't understand why it's such a big deal, as others have said you can't really hide it when you meet

By *urious_couple_ukCouple  over a year ago

South Cambs

I don’t get Why people lie on here. Surely if you are going to meet someone, you will realise they’re lying! People put photos that are 10 years old, say they’re taller or bigger. Unless you’re blind you will notice in real life. To be honest I think most women would be more annoyed by the lie than the actual issue they’re trying to cover up!!

By *ohoMan  over a year ago

Amsterdam,Netherlands

"I don’t get Why people lie on here. Surely if you are going to meet someone, you will realise they’re lying! People put photos that are 10 years old, say they’re taller or bigger. Unless you’re blind you will notice in real life. To be honest I think most women would be more annoyed by the lie than the actual issue they’re trying to cover up!!"
totally agree

I'm 5' 6. I get around this by always standing behind a bar, table whatever. Rather like Sooty and Sweep or the Muppets.

By *hyguy469Man  over a year ago

BROMSGROVE

I'm 6"3'...no need to lie.

By *eegh0stsMan  over a year ago

I’m 5’9 and never once have I thought about lying about my height. It would be blatantly obvious the minute I met someone.

I guess anyone who does is insecure for one reason or another.

I'm only 5'6, puts some women off but why lie about it? Like they aren't going to notice you have shrunk when you meet? Also just dishonest.

By *landfordfabbersCouple  over a year ago

Blandford ish

Had this same

Thing too…. Nothing happened as we kinda figured he lied to get to our house, wasn’t happy, and what else did he lie about

"We wouldn’t turn up with a tape measure, if they said 6ft and were 5,11 we wouldn’t be that fussed.

Our most common thing that we find people lie about is age. "

I think people lie about their age more to get around filters. It severely limits who you can even talk to.

By *ast_jjMan  over a year ago

Dublin and London

I didn't realise guys die lie about height, especially when you meet them you'll see what height they actually are!

Maybe they think a height preference isn't a big deal breaker but from the women who I've chatted to and met who have had a preference for taller guys, I can see how it's a complete deal breaker.

By *otwifeKazWoman  over a year ago

Stafford

Nice!

"I use Vanilla dating sites...the standard chat/acknowledgement is that women usually deceive about their build/weight (close up head & shoulders shots only, body type described as 'average' when they are Orca etc), whereas men usually deceive about their height.

So the genders are as bad as one other."

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There are different reasons but a person who wants to deceive isn't generally attractive. Some men who cheat deliberately make their profiles harder to identify them, so they don't get caught out.

For meets, the honest representation of you will get you better mutual matches

I often ask people to come clean with me, before meeting. Some do. I leave the liars with a clear understanding of their shortcomings.

By *ilverjagMan  over a year ago

swansea

Well having been in sales and marketing, I can usually talk my way in to secure a deal, and if necessary, talk my way out of awkward situations, but I don't think that even I could get away claiming to 6'1" tall, and turning up looking like Ronnie Corbett. So if height is your main attraction, give me a shout.

Well I'm 43, 6' and 8 ". Anyone want to confirm for me

» Add a new message to this topic