FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > "If only I were closer"

"If only I were closer"

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ady Curvaceous OP   Woman  over a year ago

Kent

Probably one for the ladies, but how often are you sent a message saying "shame you're so far away" or "if only I were closer" (or similar) from guys who seem to think that the only barrier to meeting is the distance? As if I don't have a choice, and if they happened to be geographically closer we would meet?

The cherry on the top is being asked if I'd meet them halfway, or put them up for the weekend if they generously travelled to me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If only you were close lol xx

Kent

"If only you were close lol xx "

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

As much as I’d love to message the stunning women who are miles and miles away I’d feel like a dick just messaging “I wish you were closer” it’s easier to perve from a distance

By *inkycreamCouple  over a year ago

manchester

I’m always saying it

"Probably one for the ladies, but how often are you sent a message saying "shame you're so far away" or "if only I were closer" (or similar) from guys who seem to think that the only barrier to meeting is the distance? As if I don't have a choice, and if they happened to be geographically closer we would meet?

The cherry on the top is being asked if I'd meet them halfway, or put them up for the weekend if they generously travelled to me.

"

Yep, get this too. Feels very much like a waste of both our time. I do also mention on my profile if they're not local it's pointless. The couple of times I've queried it, I've normally been met with the offer to watch them wank on cam instead. Which is also on my profile that it's not an interest of mine

(Pussy cat) When I use my single account it isn't that common then again I am in the midlands which is closer to everywhere than other places seem to be from each other. Think my brain just melted. x

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

OP I have had the same type of message from women and couples on here over the years. Don’t take it literally is what I would say it’s probably offered as compliment in reality.

Kind Regards

Tank Buster

Kent

"Probably one for the ladies, but how often are you sent a message saying "shame you're so far away" or "if only I were closer" (or similar) from guys who seem to think that the only barrier to meeting is the distance? As if I don't have a choice, and if they happened to be geographically closer we would meet?

Yep, get this too. Feels very much like a waste of both our time. I do also mention on my profile if they're not local it's pointless. The couple of times I've queried it, I've normally been met with the offer to watch them wank on cam instead. Which is also on my profile that it's not an interest of mine "

I did get a request to meet in a motel on the M1. I felt blessed at such a kind offer, he even offered to pay for my petrol.

I get it regularly. I'm really tempted to amend my rejection message "Wish you were closer, but no thanks".

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

If only the world was flat

By *mma1973Woman  over a year ago

graffiti bridge

I got this a few day's ago. Followed by them wondering when i would be visiting their area. Erm, never

By *JstarsoloWoman  over a year ago

Wombwell, Barnsley

I think it's quite common to get that kind of message. Better than an offensive message. Take it as a compliment.

By *ase4122Man  over a year ago

Lancashire

Damn it, if only I was closer lol

"

"I get it regularly. I'm really tempted to amend my rejection message "Wish you were closer, but no thanks". "

That opens the floodgates to "I have a car,we can make this work"

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

What they are doing is paying you a compliment.

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

Quite a few times lol

By *assie101Woman  over a year ago

Kent

I do get it.

It makes me uncomfortable too if someone wants to travel a great distance. Almost like I'd feel obligated to have sex with them. Which I know is ridiculous but I'd feel like it none the less

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’ve had this type of message quite a few times although not in isolation, which I think is what you’re discussing.

By *rivervaderMan  over a year ago

bolton

If I ever get the chance distance wouldn’t matter it’s getting past the first hurdle that’s the hardest

By *iromancergirl1Woman  over a year ago

bolton

I Get this regularly

By *atcherwankerMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"I get it regularly. I'm really tempted to amend my rejection message "Wish you were closer, but no thanks". "

"Wish you were further. No thanks."

bolton

[Removed by poster at 26/05/22 15:08:33]

"I get it regularly. I'm really tempted to amend my rejection message "Wish you were closer, but no thanks".

That opens the floodgates to "I have a car,we can make this work"

"

This is true. I did used to reply saying "you're too far away but thanks"

But then they would argue with me.

bolton

" I Get this regularly "

Yep too far

I get those types of messages everyday, sometimes several messages. Most are 100+ miles away, had a few 300 - 400 miles away, but did get one from 600+ miles away in France and because I pointed out the distance he threw a tantrum and called me all sorts and said I shouldn't be on the site if I won't meet people.

"What they are doing is paying you a compliment. "

Perhaps. I find it presumptuous but I don't react, I reply politely.

Sorry you’re too far away. …

"I got this a few day's ago. Followed by them wondering when i would be visiting their area. Erm, never"

A guy who lives in Spain asked if I would be visiting this summer. Sorry, what?!

"I get it regularly. I'm really tempted to amend my rejection message "Wish you were closer, but no thanks".

"Wish you were further. No thanks." "

By *iromancergirl1Woman  over a year ago

bolton

" I Get this regularly .

Yep too far

"

By *mma1973Woman  over a year ago

graffiti bridge

"I got this a few day's ago. Followed by them wondering when i would be visiting their area. Erm, never

A guy who lives in Spain asked if I would be visiting this summer. Sorry, what?!"

Better than my offer of Ireland. If im travelling, I want sunshine

By *umalotagainMan  over a year ago

a town called malice

"

Oh dam i so wish I was closer. Then you could make me feel even worse when you said you were not interested

"I get those types of messages everyday, sometimes several messages. Most are 100+ miles away, had a few 300 - 400 miles away, but did get one from 600+ miles away in France and because I pointed out the distance he threw a tantrum and called me all sorts and said I shouldn't be on the site if I won't meet people."

You rotter!

"

Yep. One handed typing. ((()))

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

I'm in the Highlands, no one is close

if only they were

By *uminsiderMKMan  over a year ago

St Austell

It's not just one for the ladies - I get quite a few "if only you were closer" type messages, usually in response to forum posts...

....I received one just yesterday, in fact - they're simultaneously flattering and frustrating...

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Had one today!

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Distance is the biggest barrier for me tbf but I know what you mean.

Yeah I get these a lot. Do they think that if they lived down the road they'd get an automatic shag?

"I got this a few day's ago. Followed by them wondering when i would be visiting their area. Erm, never

A guy who lives in Spain asked if I would be visiting this summer. Sorry, what?!

Better than my offer of Ireland. If im travelling, I want sunshine "

I will send him to you - I fancy Ireland though so we could swap?

"Yeah I get these a lot. Do they think that if they lived down the road they'd get an automatic shag? "

Yup!

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"Had one today!"

and the one we had today just ended up getting abusive when we queried his claim that he wasn't just a single guy!

Wish they was a thread of shame on here!

By *cottieboy123Man  over a year ago

Perth

"Distance is the biggest barrier for me tbf but I know what you mean."

Sigh.

Followed by, well next time you come here… like sure I drive around the country stalking fab men!

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

"Followed by, well next time you come here… like sure I drive around the country stalking fab men! "

I hate this type of message. If we had a meet planned. We advertised it well in advance. Then get this message the next day. If you wanted to meet, you should of made the effort. We travel quite a bit around the uk. We're not gonna remember and make the effort to hunt you down. On the off chance you may make it next time.

The other bug bare is, we advertise a club meet. It's 1 hour 20 mins drive. They message and ask for a lift. = No!

"

The other bug bare is, we advertise a club meet. It's 1 hour 20 mins drive. They message and ask for a lift. = No!

"

This would creep me out. Although perhaps I’m just over-sensitive and it’s just them being environmentally responsible

By *rucking-HellMan  over a year ago

Northampton

I had a woman from Scotland message me once. She was over 250 miles away. So I said "oh, what a shame, if only you were closer". I don't want them 250 miles away, I want them like....2 miles away lol.

I don't think it's assuming you would shag them if they lived down the road. Most people throw it out their to gage your reaction of interest or just to initiate conversation.

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

"I don't think it's assuming you would shag them if they lived down the road. Most people throw it out their to gage your reaction of interest or just to initiate conversation."

What a good comment

By *J GeminiTV/TS  over a year ago

Northumberland

When you live where I do, everyone is too far away ,

Xx

Kent

[Removed by poster at 27/05/22 08:41:10]

By *IG G77Man  over a year ago

GATLEY

"I’m always saying it "
I am close lol xx

Distance is less of an issue, time is. I've travelled hundreds of miles to meet regular friends, but I've known it would be worth it.

I won't travel more than 2 hours for a social.

By *heekyweeguyMan  over a year ago

I love to perv on the photos on this site but if I no a women is outside a certain rang I don't msg as what's the point. There is already enough time wasters on here haha I don't need to drive 2 hours to be stood up

Ok new record for me, a guy from Michigan US has messaged me, and he doesn't see a problem with the 3500 miles distance.

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I am always in that dilemma. The dreaded fab distance

I thought that was the standard response to me being politely declined.

By *romagefraisWoman  over a year ago

Sunderland

It's annoying. It's why I have cannot travel on my profile, even though I drive and would travel up to 30 minutes to meet someone. Otherwise you get people from like Manchester wanting you to come meet them. Then there's people that say they'll travel to me, which is a no because they might come all this way then I don't fancy them when I meet them in person. Unless someone's actually going to be visiting the area for other reasons I don't want to hear from them.

By *romagefraisWoman  over a year ago

Sunderland

"Followed by, well next time you come here… like sure I drive around the country stalking fab men! "

Aye like you're just going to happen to visit some random UK village you'd never head of before and if I'm away I'm away with my mates or my family I'm not just going to nash off from them from our break we've probably had planned for a while to meet some random stranger for a few hours.

By *onnyadtMan  over a year ago

Uttoxeter

For some people distance really isn't an issue. Those that only want to meet locals I get but some do and can travel. I could be anywhere in the country at weekends, Ripon in the North East last weekend, Gloucester this weekend by choice of where I feel I need to go. But yes, op, we should never assume because we are closeby from outer town we should expect a meet, that's plain wrong.

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

I think it’s more of an opener. A way to see if you are possibly interested. It must be hard deciding what to write in a message, I know I find it difficult as well.

By *aui.Man  over a year ago

around here

I had a lady say that to me this very evening, I didn't find any offence in it though.

"It's annoying. It's why I have cannot travel on my profile, even though I drive and would travel up to 30 minutes to meet someone. Otherwise you get people from like Manchester wanting you to come meet them. Then there's people that say they'll travel to me, which is a no because they might come all this way then I don't fancy them when I meet them in person. Unless someone's actually going to be visiting the area for other reasons I don't want to hear from them."

By *lackMetalMan  over a year ago

Centre

"I do get it.

It makes me uncomfortable too if someone wants to travel a great distance. Almost like I'd feel obligated to have sex with them. Which I know is ridiculous but I'd feel like it none the less "

Yeah, they would definitely feel like you owe them sex, that’s for sure. Otherwise, they wouldn’t even bother to travel to you.

So your feeling about this is spot on

By *lackMetalMan  over a year ago

Centre

I had that recently, and I responded that distance wasn’t a problem if both sides really wanted to make it work, just to see what they would respond with.

Following response - would you come to mine?

[Removed by poster at 30/05/22 00:24:54]

"

Far worse things to moan about!

By *oystick-MCRMan  over a year ago

Manchester | London

Doesn't matter if we're on the same road I still want day room and club fun. Bring a friend too

» Add a new message to this topic