FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Is it just me

Is it just me

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ricksydemon OP   Man  over a year ago

llandudno

Or has anyone else noticed lately a lot of people are blocking

I'm always respectful I always read the profile and message something unique to their profile or personas I put effort into each message and am never rude or pushy. I reach out to people who post statuses but the last week I've been blocked 5 or 6 times which is more than I've ever had in probably 10 years or more here. Am I just messaging the wrong people or is this the new Fab?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I block people when I'm not interested with them. If I've deleted their message or said no thanks then I have to block people these days otherwise they'll just hurl abuse at me. Alot of other people on here also suffer from this unfortunately.

llandudno

"I block people when I'm not interested with them. If I've deleted their message or said no thanks then I have to block people these days otherwise they'll just hurl abuse at me. Alot of other people on here also suffer from this unfortunately. "

Absolutely and if they say no thanks I don't persist. But I'm talking mid way through a lengthy chat without me even speaking block just seems all the rage

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

A couple days ago I’d say not really but this week we’ve had a few couples wink us, I’ve messaged saying ‘hi thanks, let’s chat’ etc and then we’ve been blocked!

llandudno

"A couple days ago I’d say not really but this week we’ve had a few couples wink us, I’ve messaged saying ‘hi thanks, let’s chat’ etc and then we’ve been blocked! "

It winds me up and I know it probably shouldn't this is why I'm asking is it the new norm. For me it takes seconds for a thanks but no thanks and I don't message again

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

"A couple days ago I’d say not really but this week we’ve had a few couples wink us, I’ve messaged saying ‘hi thanks, let’s chat’ etc and then we’ve been blocked!

It winds me up and I know it probably shouldn't this is why I'm asking is it the new norm. For me it takes seconds for a thanks but no thanks and I don't message again "

No reply is a reply to an initial message, but to initiate a chat and then block is strange.

llandudno

"A couple days ago I’d say not really but this week we’ve had a few couples wink us, I’ve messaged saying ‘hi thanks, let’s chat’ etc and then we’ve been blocked!

It winds me up and I know it probably shouldn't this is why I'm asking is it the new norm. For me it takes seconds for a thanks but no thanks and I don't message again

No reply is a reply to an initial message, but to initiate a chat and then block is strange. "

1 such incident I was given her phone number. Chatted for several hours ans said im off to work will chat later. Sure. Then she said im going online shortly. I went on an hour later blocked on everything I'd not even messaged

By *amieLDN22Man  over a year ago

London

Met this lovely lady at a party recently; took her back to my place and she stayed there for the whole weekend. We had the most amazing time together. We realised a few days later that she blocked me on fabs months ago so I wouldn't take these things personally. Shit happens as they say. You can meet a person for the first time ten times and a different outcome will arise everytime.

llandudno

"Met this lovely lady at a party recently; took her back to my place and she stayed there for the whole weekend. We had the most amazing time together. We realised a few days later that she blocked me on fabs months ago so I wouldn't take these things personally. Shit happens as they say. You can meet a person for the first time ten times and a different outcome will arise everytime. "

Very true. It just seems to be the latest craze is all and I wondered if I'd missed the memo

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

If i say no thanks to anyone i block straight after,saves the why nots or abuse & stops them messaging again.

llandudno

"If i say no thanks to anyone i block straight after,saves the why nots or abuse & stops them messaging again.

"

And a no thanks and a block I'm fine with but when someone is interested and you've chatted a while just seems odd

By *issEmmWoman  over a year ago

Bournemouth

People change their minds and they are allowed to at anytime

llandudno

"People change their minds and they are allowed to at anytime "

Absolutely but for me surely it's easier and better to say sorry no thanks

By *otmyrealname99Man  over a year ago

Manchester

"People change their minds and they are allowed to at anytime

Absolutely but for me surely it's easier and better to say sorry no thanks "

For you, but not for them I guess.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Of late we have found there are a lot more fantasist.

They message, chat and then once you agree to a meet, start making excuses.

Along with those outside of our preferences, these instantly join our endless bock list.

llandudno

"Of late we have found there are a lot more fantasist.

They message, chat and then once you agree to a meet, start making excuses.

Along with those outside of our preferences, these instantly join our endless bock list."

Again perfectly acceptable if they don't read what you're after and fit the bill

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I agree ,in an ideal world people would say they've changed their mind then block you.

People just find it easier to block i think.

By *ogan WillowCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

The silhouette won't help. We are not interested in anyone who is one.

By *ature FAB FunCouple  over a year ago

Bolsover

Saves wasting our time in future, we are a direct and no nonsense couple and our time is very valuable to us

By *issEmmWoman  over a year ago

Bournemouth

No, clicking one button is a lot easier than typing out a message. No one owes you anything

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

I have loads on my block list, for various reasons.

In fact 90% of the forumites are on mine.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I'm blocking a lot more these days. It makes my inbox a nicer place for me

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

[Removed by poster at 30/04/23 15:49:52]

llandudno

Thank you all. Taken it on board. Just seemed like the latest Tik Tok trend or something it's never happened before so I'll just put up with it

By *aucasian GhandiMan  over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

"Thank you all. Taken it on board. Just seemed like the latest Tik Tok trend or something it's never happened before so I'll just put up with it "

You have no choice but to put up with it

Don't sweat it man, it's nothing personal.

llandudno

"Thank you all. Taken it on board. Just seemed like the latest Tik Tok trend or something it's never happened before so I'll just put up with it

You have no choice but to put up with it "

OK I'll change that to not be arsed ??????

By *an1978Woman  over a year ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

Blocking is a good way to tidy up searches and nearby.

I've been blocked by many couples as I'm not bi.

Fair enough, I'm not what they're looking for so it is easier to block me then I won't show up in their searches or "nearby."

I've blocked many people just because their status update has put me off.

Easiest thing is just move on, obviously were not for you.

By *ister_ee_1981Man  over a year ago

San Fran Exeter

"Absolutely and if they say no thanks I don't persist. But I'm talking mid way through a lengthy chat without me even speaking block just seems all the rage "

They are bored of you. Someone better/more interesting came along. You were probably number 8 on the list, and the other 7 weren't online, so you were sufficient until one on came on...

"I block people when I'm not interested with them. If I've deleted their message or said no thanks then I have to block people these days otherwise they'll just hurl abuse at me. Alot of other people on here also suffer from this unfortunately. "

Not just that but you end up in this endless cycle of them going ‘hi’ and you saying ‘we’ve chatted before and said no thank you’ and then going ‘oh yeah,so how are you?’ Lol

By *aucasian GhandiMan  over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

"Thank you all. Taken it on board. Just seemed like the latest Tik Tok trend or something it's never happened before so I'll just put up with it

You have no choice but to put up with it

OK I'll change that to not be arsed ??????"

There we go

» Add a new message to this topic