Is swinging,the cause of dyslexia?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

njueo klppiynhe ak8ko2 2kx,jjaljggd

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is swinging,the cause of dyslexia?"
No i was born with it ....... not been easy at times i can tell you ,,, at school i would sit next too my friends and copey her work when it come to exams i was ill or sat there ,,, its was only then when thay new i could not read and wright well no one new for years i coved it up,,,, my pc has helped me last 5 years i now do letters spell cheeks dont help when you cant read well,, never did untill this ,,,,, or ever send a post card in my life too scered people would make fun of me ... so no swinging has nothing to do with it .. lol i know xxx jo xx mrsG XX

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

Jo/Mrs G it's very brave of you to come on here and tell us all that... good for you.

I'd love to pretend I'm just being noble here and there's no ulterior motive behind my sucking up to you (mm, sucking up to you... oops sorry!).

Many great thinkers are now believed to have been dyslexic - don't ever let it stop you from expressing yourself

Forum Mod

I just think the OP is taking the piss

Probably due to badly spelt messages received

dyslexia rules,,ko

one of my best friends is dyslexic, yet he is a fantastic creative artist, many of my artist friends are. He honestly sent my son (his godson) a christmas present.. "to xxxxxx with love from satan"

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Is swinging,the cause of dyslexia?"

What a statement of generalisation. Bit like saying are all paddys thick! One could take the viewpoint of yes with a comment like this coming out of Belfast. Makes me a little ashamed of my heritage.

"Jo/Mrs G it's very brave of you to come on here and tell us all that... good for you.

I'd love to pretend I'm just being noble here and there's no ulterior motive behind my sucking up to you (mm, sucking up to you... oops sorry!).

Many great thinkers are now believed to have been dyslexic - don't ever let it stop you from expressing yourself "

Well i have done well over the year ,,, doing up houses made my own money .. so it never stoped me even when my mum said i would never make it i would get old house on Norfolk coast make them dream homes sell too london markets for holiday homes. My 4 chidren had dyslexia lucky i sent them too best schools in uk i had the money so i would not leve it too local schools .... had too make sure thay could read and wright well and thay DO ,,all have done well A Stars my son in loads of things. XXX

"Is swinging,the cause of dyslexia? No i was born with it ....... not been easy at times i can tell you ,,, at school i would sit next too my friends and copey her work when it come to exams i was ill or sat there ,,, its was only then when thay new i could not read and wright well no one new for years i coved it up,,,, my pc has helped me last 5 years i now do letters spell cheeks dont help when you cant read well,, never did untill this ,,,,, or ever send a post card in my life too scered people would make fun of me ... so no swinging has nothing to do with it .. lol i know xxx jo xx mrsG XX"

My middle daughter is dyslexic she had a terrible time at school, they just stuck her in all the bottom groups because they said she was lazy and was bullied for being thick by the other kids, i spent years at the school telling them i believed she had a learning problem, they said she was fine just lazy, which she was as she gave up trying to learn so did bugger all all day but the teachers didnt see it as she had given up and she was getting nowhere they just saw it as unwilling to comply, when she went to secondary school she was again just put in all the bottom groups and she fails her sats wil flying colours lol she had been there two days when i was called in to see the head who informed me they thought she had a learning problem and wanted to test her for dyslexia, shes now doing her last year at school and has two hours of 1 on 1 teaching every day and doing very well, shes moved up to the higher groups and when she did her last sats got better results than most of the kids who bully her for seeing the 'thick teacher'

does this mean she will become a swinger?

butter ullocks

naughtynymphos all i can say is thank hevens for that ,,,,,,, you see now she will start getting her confidence and start too do well , when your told for year your lazey you dont work ,,, you could do better , it just get you down think whats the use when you dont know what it is,,, i did ,,,,,, but now there a light at the end of her tunnel for her and you see ,,,,, things will get better. I had a go at night school but end up being with a weird lot i could not handle it ,,,so i dont let it put me off .... if i am not spelling ok people can i hope fit in missing letters or turn them around ,,, lol I am no way thick . Be nice to know how she do xx KISSES JO mrs G XX

I'm dyslexic...

and agnostic...

I dont believe in Dog!!!

Seriously though as someone who has a disability themself hats off to people who get through this.

Big respect to anyone with dyslexia who gets through the difficulties it brings.

By *abinfishnetsCouple  over a year ago

greater manchester/lancashire

to be hnoset it desnot raley mtetar aobut how plepoe slepl all siwgrens seapk a uniervasl luaanuge and taths sex and sfae fun xx

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The comment about dyslexia,was supposed to be a joke. Aimed at the people who don,t bother to read profiles,sorry if it went over some heads!!

"The comment about dyslexia,was supposed to be a joke. Aimed at the people who don,t bother to read profiles,sorry if it went over some heads!! "

Was it just me or was it only the dyslexics who did not get it.................probably going straight to hell for that one

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

By the looks of things,we,ll be meeting you there.Who wants to go to heaven with pics like yours.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"The comment about dyslexia,was supposed to be a joke. Aimed at the people who don,t bother to read profiles,sorry if it went over some heads!!

Was it just me or was it only the dyslexics who did not get it.................probably going straight to hell for that one "

busturd bod enuff hiving dyslesa noo a dint hive a senes uf humor

"The comment about dyslexia,was supposed to be a joke. Aimed at the people who don,t bother to read profiles,sorry if it went over some heads!! "
sorry but its never a joke ,,,,,, if it is a very bad one when you have lived with it for years like me ..

By *obblybitsCouple  over a year ago

huddersfield

If this was about a post of mine

don't talk sh$$

dyslexia is a verry hard thing to have and the last thing we need is some jumpped up start telling us so like this!

yes some people use it as an exscuse but most don't learning to live with it is the hardest thing to do!

I would like to say nuh nuh nu nuh nug because I got in university!!!! yes even with dyslexia and dispraxia

I it has hard to be juged by your spelling or for people to think your just a little kid wanting to mess about on sites like thease.

I pepusly didnt spell check this although it dosnt make much difrence as I can't change it if I never new how to spell it in the first place.

mcihelle xx

By *obblybitsCouple  over a year ago

huddersfield

yes It must have been just the dyslexic people who didnt like it! why would you not think this??

having a life time fo been the pit of everyones jokes isnt funny. so on a site like this I wouldnt exspect people to take the piss out of a disability

Calm down folks for fecks sake, you will blow a bloody gasket

The Op's remarks were not aimed at anyone with a disability, they were not meant to offend and they were not meant to make light of anyones struggle with this condition.

The Op's comments were a light hearted take on the inability of people who use this site to properly read profiles which even someone as daft as me can see.

"yes It must have been just the dyslexic people who didnt like it! why would you not think this??

having a life time fo been the pit of everyones jokes isnt funny. so on a site like this I wouldnt exspect people to take the piss out of a disability"

Think he must of had a letter sent and the spelling was not up too his own standard ,, lol full stops not in right place .. xx

The Op is from Ireland, by post 10 a reference to all paddy's being thick cropped up.

I suspect the Op has been the brunt of one or two of those jokes/jibes in his time but nice to see him refuse to toss his teddy about it

"The Op is from Ireland, by post 10 a reference to all paddy's being thick cropped up.

I suspect the Op has been the brunt of one or two of those jokes/jibes in his time but nice to see him refuse to toss his teddy about it "

so we for give and forget and move on untill next one come make fun ... its not fun i live with this every day of my life and loads too ,,, so keep your jokes for people who find them funny i dont

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I THINK THE WHOLE THING WAS IN BAD TASTE AND COULD HAVE BEEN WORDED WITH OUT OFFENDING PEOPLE!!! why didnt the OP in their obvious infinate wisedom say something that didnt offend? Now having said that i realise that some ppl do take to heart certain things and the phrase " you cant please all of the people all of the time..." comes to mind. Even a different title would have been better!!! Im very good at lots of things but unforntunately telepathy aint one of them!!! I am lucky enough not to have the problem of Dyslexia, but was still pissed off at the obvious piss take!!!

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but teh wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

i thought the post was just a joke, surely noone really thinks swinging courses dyslexia? how can it dyslexia is something your born with it dont develop in later life

"i thought the post was just a joke, surely noone really thinks swinging courses dyslexia? how can it dyslexia is something your born with it dont develop in later life "
well my dad had it and his father ,,,,,,,,, and my 4 children ,, boys had it really bad. your born with it

omg how anal are some people ffs

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but teh wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

"

very very amusing!!!! you missed your vocation in life..didnt ya?? eh ???

"i thought the post was just a joke, surely noone really thinks swinging courses dyslexia? how can it dyslexia is something your born with it dont develop in later life

well my dad had it and his father ,,,,,,,,, and my 4 children ,, boys had it really bad. your born with it"

thats interesting one of my children have it and as far as im awear noone else in my family or her fathers family has ever had it

"i thought the post was just a joke, surely noone really thinks swinging courses dyslexia? how can it dyslexia is something your born with it dont develop in later life

well my dad had it and his father ,,,,,,,,, and my 4 children ,, boys had it really bad. your born with it

thats interesting one of my children have it and as far as im awear noone else in my family or her fathers family has ever had it "

well your lucky my 4 kids have it ..... boys more then girls .. maybe there difftent sorts i dont know .. jo xx

"omg how anal are some people ffs"
who you are or who is ,, anal ? is that up your bum sorry ,, lol just never have that said only in anal sex ??????

"omg how anal are some people ffs who you are or who is ,, anal ? is that up your bum sorry ,, lol just never have that said only in anal sex ??????"

Butt she does have a point

I was diagnosed with dyslexia several decades ago, but I have never "suffered" from it simply because I won't allow it to get the better of me. I always use a spell-check (lazy not to) and I always use a dictionary and/or thesaurus. I can forgive others of their spelling mistakes (big of me, eh?!) but I don't forgive fellow dyslexics using it as an excuse for laziness. If you have a headache, take a pill - if you can't spell, use a dictionary! And if anyone says they can't use a dictionary because of dyslexia - CRAP! If you can type on here, you can use a dictionary.

"I was diagnosed with dyslexia several decades ago, but I have never "suffered" from it simply because I won't allow it to get the better of me. I always use a spell-check (lazy not to) and I always use a dictionary and/or thesaurus. I can forgive others of their spelling mistakes (big of me, eh?!) but I don't forgive fellow dyslexics using it as an excuse for laziness. If you have a headache, take a pill - if you can't spell, use a dictionary! And if anyone says they can't use a dictionary because of dyslexia - CRAP! If you can type on here, you can use a dictionary."
well i have had a go with all that i cant read well ..... and if give me two or three things too pick from i dont know which one when i cant spell it .... you cant have it too bad ,,, your dyslexia and when my chidren was at a school in suffolk just for Dyslexia thay said that too me ,, thay do test on the children as each one is dirernt ,,,, no i dont let it stop me wrighting here ,,,,, I know think too hell with the people who care that every letters in right place or my full stops,,,,,, and i can tell you i am far from lazy ,,,,, we are not all the same ........ i have had 4 children with this and my boys really very bad, xjo

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

some famous people with dyslexia,winston churchill,micheal heseltine,richard branson,ienstien,leonardo da vinci,pablo picasso,john lennon the list is endless.there is a book titled ,the gift of dyslexia.some off the greatest minds ever,had dyslexia.

"I was diagnosed with dyslexia several decades ago, but I have never "suffered" from it simply because I won't allow it to get the better of me. I always use a spell-check (lazy not to) and I always use a dictionary and/or thesaurus. I can forgive others of their spelling mistakes (big of me, eh?!) but I don't forgive fellow dyslexics using it as an excuse for laziness. If you have a headache, take a pill - if you can't spell, use a dictionary! And if anyone says they can't use a dictionary because of dyslexia - CRAP! If you can type on here, you can use a dictionary.well i have had a go with all that i cant read well ..... and if give me two or three things too pick from i dont know which one when i cant spell it .... you cant have it too bad ,,, your dyslexia and when my chidren was at a school in suffolk just for Dyslexia thay said that too me ,, thay do test on the children as each one is dirernt ,,,, no i dont let it stop me wrighting here ,,,,, I know think too hell with the people who care that every letters in right place or my full stops,,,,,, and i can tell you i am far from lazy ,,,,, we are not all the same ........ i have had 4 children with this and my boys really very bad, xjo"

What Jo is trying to say is there are diffrent forms of dyslexia i all so have it as for using a spell checker or dictionary if you are word blind you can spell the same word 3 diffrent ways 1 right and 2 wrong some forms of dislexia carnt tell the diffrence ie witch one is right and witch 2 are wrong and looking the word up in a dictionary or spell checker makes no diffrence as you have know way of telling witch is right and witch is wrong having this form of dyslexia gives the impreshion to some that you are thick only they couldnt be further from the truth were we lack in one ability we more than make up for it in others

"some famous people with dyslexia,winston churchill,micheal heseltine,richard branson,ienstien,leonardo da vinci,pablo picasso,john lennon the list is endless.there is a book titled ,the gift of dyslexia.some off the greatest minds ever,had dyslexia."
I should look it up ,,,,,, people think you can do this and that and it go away ,,,,,, it dont go away you lean ways too cope like the last person said she has spell cheeks and stuff i have had a go at all that belive me .,.and i am not crap for not picking too use them ,, some have not a clue ..... xx kisses jo xx

i just learned to fight realy well so everyone was to scared to laugh blunt but effective

» Add a new message to this topic