FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > What makes a good email/message?

What makes a good email/message?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What do people look for and expect in an email that is sent to them? Personally, I have sent quite a few emails that have been polite, quite in-depth, not too long and not too short but have little success in even making friends and chatting, yet alone having a meet. I hear some people say make it a long email but others say keep it short because too long is too much. Some say just write one or two lines saying hello but then others say they just delete messages that are short because the sender hasn’t made any effort! So what do people expect from an email???? All help much appreciated!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I think a decent profile is more important than a message

I understand that people get peeved when a long thought out message is deleted without any thought to the trouble that has gone into writing it

I like short messages that are clearly aimed at us and that show some sort of sense of humour, give you the option of replying or not and don't seem pushy

They don't have to be long and drawn out,I can read their profiles if im interested and go from there

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I do like well thought out messages. However as honey says a decent profile is more important. If i get a message along the lines of "hi loved your profile, if you have a moment please take a look at mine and if i interest you it will be nice to here back" and i go look and its a great profile then i will get back to them. But if they send me a long message yet cant be bothered to fill in there profile then i cant be bothered to get back to themxxkarenx

By *uicyandSpicieCouple  over a year ago

Livingston

I agree with Diamodsmiles,a nice polite short message like "We like your profile,great pics,if you are interested please get in contact",is enough for us to usually take the time to look at a profile.We do try and reply with a "Thankyou" message to say we have at least took the time to read there profile.Am for some reason getting single guys messaging even though our profile clearly states we are not interested.I take it as a learning curve and dont make such a big deal about it so just delete there messages.All in all this site is GREAT!

By *couple412Man  over a year ago

faversham

No such thing.

All down to the person reading it.

I normally send a full CV + a 2,000 word essay about me, my life, likes and dislikes, also a smattering of pics from when I was a baby, at school, in the RAF and one of me totally naked

I'm a girl

I just send a wink

hehehehehehe

"I'm a girl

I just send a wink

hehehehehehe"

Yes and don't I know it, look I have told you again and again....I don't want to take your cherry, now move on!!!

"I'm a girl

I just send a wink

hehehehehehe

Yes and don't I know it, look I have told you again and again....I don't want to take your cherry, now move on!!!"

hehehehehe

Well... "like you pics fancy a chat" is a definate turn off for us... and anything along those lines.

"Well... "like you pics fancy a chat" is a definate turn off for us... and anything along those lines."

I love to ones that say "you look fantastic and I love your profile" when you have nothing on your profile at the time

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"Well... "like you pics fancy a chat" is a definate turn off for us... and anything along those lines.

I love to ones that say "you look fantastic and I love your profile" when you have nothing on your profile at the time "

we have caught same guy spamming 5 times now and we always pull him up and say why ....whats the point ....its so easy to spot ...

if i have time PD i do that, but to be honest, whats the piont, if they can't be arsed sending a discent message then what kind of effort can you expect from a shag??

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"if i have time PD i do that, but to be honest, whats the piont, if they can't be arsed sending a discent message then what kind of effort can you expect from a shag??"

yesh i get your point ,but its just trying to point out the numbers game and mass mailings dont work ...

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I'm a girl

I just send a wink

hehehehehehe"

I wonder if it works for me....winking at the single girls....grrr nothing as yet lol.

I think my emails may have been a bit too in-depth then. It's just difficult to know if you should make a BIG effort or leave it short and to the point.

Is that wink working yet?

well the emails i have received off couples from this site have really been a line or two saying they like my profile and would you be interested, which i think works as you can just read their profile from there,,, well if they have one lol

i tend to just send a brief email showing interest in their profile and if they would like to check mine out, unless they are seeking something specific for that day/week i would refer to that.

usually works,,some reply some dont,, well the ones that can be arsed to reply to emails anyways.

a good profile is realy important also

well i like just normal messages that say hi take a look at me etc.... very put off by "fancy a hard f***" which i seem to get a lot ov!! x

I think that it doesn't matter too much what you say, so long as you avoid some of the more obvious pitfalls (e.g. whinging, capitals, text speak, bad pics, no pics etc etc) that have been discussed often in the forums.

If you are of interest to someone they will reply, so if you can avoid the offputting things like these you stand a better chance. Other than that it is just down to people tastes as to who they fancy, you can't change how you look so you just have to deal with that.

I have had no replys from long and short messages, but I have also had success from long and short messages. So I don't think there is going to be a formula that works every time, if there was life could be somewhat boring!

» Add a new message to this topic