FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Where Are we Outted From?

Where Are we Outted From?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yclop OP   Man  over a year ago

belfast

Hi

We know that the Gays are in the "closet" come out of the closet, or are outed from the closet. We know that the Neopagans are in the "broom closet", come out of the broom closet, or are outed from the broom closet.

We need a word!

We, the beautiful promiscuous community, where are we "in"? where do we come out of? where are we outed from?

Think of that poor woman, employed by the ministery of defence, pilloried by the Sun and the Daily Mirror in October (2009) for having posted her pics with 6 different men, pilloried as a national security risk! If she had merely been Gay, she would have raised a finger and said "so what", I'm outed, why on earth should I be a security risk!

I know that the tabloid "gutter" press are the very best at making headlines and by-lines about stuff like this, but they haven't yet. We know that doggers are in "the bushes", come out of the bushes, or are outed from the bushes. Cuckold are perhaps in "the wardrobe" come out of the wardrobe, or are outed from the wardrobe, but what about the pormiscuious community in general, we don't have a word for it!

It is really important we have propper terminology. Perhaps we should have a national compitition for the right word for it.

Remember, even if we are a national minority, we are a bigger minority than the Gay Community, and they have won all sorts of rights that we just don't have.

So lets try and come up with a proper word for it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"Hi

We know that the Gays are in the "closet" come out of the closet, or are outed from the closet. We know that the Neopagans are in the "broom closet", come out of the broom closet, or are outed from the broom closet.

We need a word!

We, the beautiful promiscuous community, where are we "in"? where do we come out of? where are we outed from?

Think of that poor woman, employed by the ministery of defence, pilloried by the Sun and the Daily Mirror in October (2009) for having posted her pics with 6 different men, pilloried as a national security risk! If she had merely been Gay, she would have raised a finger and said "so what", I'm outed, why on earth should I be a security risk!

I know that the tabloid "gutter" press are the very best at making headlines and by-lines about stuff like this, but they haven't yet. We know that doggers are in "the bushes", come out of the bushes, or are outed from the bushes. Cuckold are perhaps in "the wardrobe" come out of the wardrobe, or are outed from the wardrobe, but what about the pormiscuious community in general, we don't have a word for it!

It is really important we have propper terminology. Perhaps we should have a national compitition for the right word for it.

Remember, even if we are a national minority, we are a bigger minority than the Gay Community, and they have won all sorts of rights that we just don't have.

So lets try and come up with a proper word for it. "

And here he goes again 3rd time lucky eh? lol

I will post again what I did in your first attempt at this thread lol

Firstly why do we need a word for it? I am quite happy to 'come out' of my bedroom, their bedroom or anywhere else with a smile on my face knowing we have just had a great time!

Why is it 'really important we have proper (not propper lol) terminology'? I meet other people, I swing, I have a great time, etc, etc - Is that not good enough terminology?

Seeing as swinging is only an add on to normal life we do all still have all the 'rights' you think we don't

And I thought the 'proper word' for what we do is ermmmmmm Swinging!!!

Just my tuppence worth again

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

I really don't understand why you're working so hard to maintain this thread...the fact that you have had to have three gos at it says alot about "proper terminology"!!!! (something you really seem to have difficulty with )

As Madchick pointed out twice yesterday...there were reasons as to why the "Poor woman outed by the Sun" was a security risk...and that "closet gays" would still be viewed as a security risk"....anyone who is hiding something from the world at large can be open to blackmail, and people with access to classified and sensitive information is well aware of the fact, usually being bound by the official secrets act.

I haven't met anyone else who feels there is a need for "proper terminology".....swinging can mean different things to different people...but one thing I think everyone will agree on is....it's fun.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Cyclops mate, think you need to open your eye and see that you seem to be the only one slightly interested in this debate!

"Cyclops mate, think you need to open your eye and see that you seem to be the only one slightly interested in this debate! "
Nope: dont think he gets it that's why he keeps plugging away!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

He's obviously going for the world record for 'how many times can one start a totally pointless thread'?

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

Trying to create a controversial thread is obviously not working seeing as it's his 3rd attempt

it gives him a meanin to his day lol!!

controvesy and debate are wonderful things when done correctly. this isnt.

Has anyone else tried to read his profile.

I fell asleep after line 4

i can understand what he means and i can see where he is coming from but could have worded the profile a bit better. i think he tryin to start his own religion/commune whatever. il give it a skip thanks!! lol x

"....anyone who is hiding something from the world at large can be open to blackmail, "

And therein lies the rub,as they say.

Its because people want to hide the fact that theyr're swingers or to keep it a secret,that the gutter press or anyone with a grudge can grab them by the short hairs.

A secret is a weakness that someone will always seek to exploit,given the chance.

As soon as its no longer a secret,its no longer a weakness.

We "came out" when we first started swinging 7 or 8 years ago and have never had any negative reactions.

However,as has been said,we don't see the need for any swinging lifestyle colloquialisms just for being open.

belfast

Thanks for your kindness in reading this thread.

The fact that anyone with "something to hide" is open to blackmail, is surely the whole point.

Whoever or whatever we are, we need to have the courage to "come out" or cope with being "outed" to avoid the situation, and for many it is not an easy thing to do.

I still think it would be good if we had a word for it like other communities.

I had rather hoped that someone here would have been bright enough to have come up with one

" ... I had rather hoped that someone here would have been bright enough to have come up with one"
Well it's your bug bear so dont leave it to us simple folk to find a word for you: feel free to make one up yourself!

belfast

My post made sense to me when I wrote it, I would like to thank everyone here for making me correct and explain it.

Too many people are just too good at dragging a thread completely off point, making it personal, and sometimes totally unreadable.

I thought I'd asked a simple question, which someone would have fun thinking up a smart answer to.

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"My post made sense to me when I wrote it, I would like to thank everyone here for making me correct and explain it.

Too many people are just too good at dragging a thread completely off point, making it personal, and sometimes totally unreadable.

I thought I'd asked a simple question, which someone would have fun thinking up a smart answer to.

"

The answer is we are Swingers - what more do you want?

as to national security its simple

when you fill out the form for the vetting make sure you declare your hobbies honestly etc

i know a few people with very high clearances in milliatiary / goverment and the vetting peopl are aware of what thay and there partners do and there standing instructions are if anyone tried to use this infomation against them in any way to inform there bosses and as its no suprise to said bosses thay wil deal with it

as to a word or a place to come out of if i must

it has to be our from under the covers.......

though the term is pointless as a bed is not needed to swing

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

[Removed by poster at 29/12/09 10:24:21]

"The fact that anyone with "something to hide" is open to blackmail, is surely the whole point.

"

If I worry about being blackmail, I might as well stay at home or join a covent!

Sorry, I believe in living life to the full.

There are people who do not approve my lifestyle choices. However, I do not live my life according to other people's views and rules, except my own!

belfast

Despite this thread being dragged way off subject by so many contributors, and made “personal” by some, it has produced a few results.

Outed from “the Swinger's Club” (contributed by pm by someone who didn't want to enter into the fray on the thread) is probably the best so far. While swinging is not exclusive to the formal clubs, our whole community could be described as a club, and it should work for all those who just want to use the word “swinging”

Outed from “the Swap Shop” (also contributed by pm) isn't bad, but swinging isn't exclusively partner swapping.

Outed from “Under the Covers” contributed by mrpmrsr isn't bad, but as they pointed out, a bed is not essential to swinging.

Stressing the use of the term “Alternative Lifestyle” (also contributed by pm) would still have to be clearly identified as “swinging” since too many other groups might use the same term, anyone from career criminals etc..

Describing outed swingers as “hung” (also contributed by pm) is at least funny.

While I congratulate all those who can afford to live life by their own rules (Pearl Necklace), not all of us can, without looking over their shoulders occasionally.

Declaring you “hobbies” honestly when being vetted for government/military employment (mrpmrsr) sounds fine, but it goes against the American forces advice of “don't say - don't tell” for gays, clearly intended to prevent individual careers being blighted by mere association.

Again I'd like to thank you all for your contributions.

"

Declaring you “hobbies” honestly when being vetted for government/military employment (mrpmrsr) sounds fine, but it goes against the American forces advice of “don't say - don't tell” for gays, clearly intended to prevent individual careers being blighted by mere association."

fprtunatly i am not amercian nor in thee goverment or armed forces so dont have this issue

» Add a new message to this topic