FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > no luck also, re your comments

no luck also, re your comments

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hello ladies just read the last thread where you have all commented on a chaps profile the feedback looked good so i was wondering if you would give me some feed back on my profile please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

just looked at your profile. I love the pic, very sexy. However i didnt like the bit about us having to have what it takes to tickel your fancy. That would put me off. X

"looking for sophisticated uncomplicated fun"

Does than mean you wear a bib when going down on a lady and say please before and thankyou afterwords

I would check your spelling hun, puts me off - strange I know, but true!

""looking for sophisticated uncomplicated fun"

Does than mean you wear a bib when going down on a lady and say please before and thankyou afterwords

"

Profile is mainly fine but these ladies have highlighted parts that may put people off - all well and good saying you're educated and looking for a sophisticated lady when you can't spell: makes you come across as a little pretentious - but that's just my view - no offense meant -

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Pretentious? Moi?

There isn't a lot of information about what your looking for, it is not essential but some people fear rejection so if you do have any criteria like race, colour, size, numbers (3somes moresomes) etc it helps to mention them.

Any time or distance restrictions ?

Do you mind bein photographed or filmed ?

Meet locations - any preference, home, away, hotels, clubs ?

The more information you give the more people can decide to contact you or not.

you state you are educated, but you cant spell?

Hmmmm, I suspect he "borrowed" some ideas from mine!

maybe he can count though

""looking for sophisticated uncomplicated fun"

lol thats wot i thought too xx

Profile is mainly fine but these ladies have highlighted parts that may put people off - all well and good saying you're educated and looking for a sophisticated lady when you can't spell: makes you come across as a little pretentious - but that's just my view - no offense meant - "

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"you state you are educated, but you cant spell?"

So what, alot of professors cannot spell,just cos you cannot spell doesn't mean your not educated, perhaps english wasn't his thing but science and mathematics was.

He's looking for fun not a spell checker!!!

"you state you are educated, but you cant spell?

So what, alot of professors cannot spell,just cos you cannot spell doesn't mean your not educated, perhaps english wasn't his thing but science and mathematics was.

He's looking for fun not a spell checker!!!"

A lot of people are put off by bad spelling, more by text speak in profiles or mails.

We are and others here that have commented.

Your on the internet when you send a mail or make a profile, if you cant spell a word use google or a spellchecker. It is not about spelling a word wrong it is about appearances, as many have said this is a shop window, your profile shows your personality which is the biggest factor in getting meets.

Bad spelling says to us "lazy, can't be bothered" and that is not the kind of people we want to meet.

It is personal choice of course but when someone asks for advice those that give thier opinion should not be questioned about it by others who have different opinions.

We are not talking about the odd word spelt wrongly, in our case it is when a profile or mail is full of spelling errors.

Many people describe themselves as Professional, that to us means they take pride and care in what they do, so thier profiles should reflect that.

By *eorge17Man  over a year ago

Leven

"you state you are educated, but you cant spell?

He's looking for fun not a spell checker!!!

A lot of people are put off by bad spelling, more by text speak in profiles or mails.

We are and others here that have commented.

Your on the internet when you send a mail or make a profile, if you cant spell a word use google or a spellchecker. It is not about spelling a word wrong it is about appearances, as many have said this is a shop window, your profile shows your personality which is the biggest factor in getting meets.

Bad spelling says to us "lazy, can't be bothered" and that is not the kind of people we want to meet.

It is personal choice of course but when someone asks for advice those that give thier opinion should not be questioned about it by others who have different opinions.

We are not talking about the odd word spelt wrongly, in our case it is when a profile or mail is full of spelling errors.

Many people describe themselves as Professional, that to us means they take pride and care in what they do, so thier profiles should reflect that."

it is their and not thier

"it is their and not thier"

Well done you

"it is their and not thier

Well done you "

Pedantic?!!

Reading what Jed has written with correct syntax, punctuation and paragraphs, it's obvious "thier" was a typo and no reflection on his ability to spell!

"it is their and not thier

Well done you

Pedantic?!!

Reading what Jed has written with correct syntax, punctuation and paragraphs, it's obvious "thier" was a typo and no reflection on his ability to spell! "

here here xxx

Leven

[Removed by poster at 26/01/10 21:03:01]

hi,

would love to have guidance from the ladies also on my profile

i'm not one for bigging myself up

Px

Isn't it about time we had a forum exclusively for people to say "Please check my profile,would you meet us/me.If not why not?"

XXXX

"Isn't it about time we had a forum exclusively for people to say "Please check my profile,would you meet us/me.If not why not?"

XXXX"

I think that would still be hijacked by those asking for help on how to write a profile, what pictures to put up, how to undo their zippers etc...

"Isn't it about time we had a forum exclusively for people to say "Please check my profile,would you meet us/me.If not why not?"

XXXX

I think that would still be hijacked by those asking for help on how to write a profile, what pictures to put up, how to undo their zippers etc... "

yeh it would actually dead right on this one

seen so many threads already about it not many do searches

think this should be put to bed now

ffs guys ,,,, instead of asking ,, just read ,, and take note ,,, my fookin head hurts ,,, all these guys with low self esteem do my head in ,,, get ya mum to check ya profile before asking the whole world

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

Just goes to show that, we are all individual, we all look for different things in a profile, some think speeling(oops spelling) is important some think pics are important...and the list goes on.

Looking at the many threads on this issue it seems the consensus is make your profile interesting, tell people what your looking for, put some good pics on your profile, use the forums to get noticed, and most of all keep trying!!!

"Just goes to show that, we are all individual, we all look for different things in a profile, some think speeling(oops spelling) is important some think pics are important...and the list goes on.

Looking at the many threads on this issue it seems the consensus is make your profile interesting, tell people what your looking for, put some good pics on your profile, use the forums to get noticed, and most of all keep trying!!!"

the most important thing for me is humour and intelligence which comes thru in a well written profile...then i look at the pics !!! im a shallow girl i have to fancy someone to meet them!! so i guess looks count too ???

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

As like everything in life, we all like different things.

If you need any tips of how to write a profile, maybe read up what has already been put up and see if any of them make sense for you, or have a look at other profiles to get some ideas.

A well thought out profile that people can understand ( you can use a spellchecker if you are not sure of how to spell certain words as was posted up there) , might well work for you.

George, I saw that too...and on every post time it is written the same way, I think you were just pointing out the irony.

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

"Hello ladies just read the last thread where you have all commented on a chaps profile the feedback looked good so i was wondering if you would give me some feed back on my profile please"

I think you look and sound great xx

"ffs guys ,,,, instead of asking ,, just read ,, and take note ,,, my fookin head hurts ,,, all these guys with low self esteem do my head in ,,, get ya mum to check ya profile before asking the whole world "

better still why dont i ask your mum?

shes been dead 15 years mmm get a 80c too springwood cemetary plot 1259 catholic section

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I think my problem with all these "rate my profile" threads is exactly the same I have with the "advice for single guys" threads.....

namely that we are actually in danger of producing "clones" where everyone write and says the same thing, because people think it is a "short cut" to getting meets....

what I can see it doing on the other hand is two things...

1) making it harder for those people that are genuine and "get it" so to speak.....

2) making it harder for people who do meet to tell between who is in fact genuine and who is just saying "the right things" to get a meet

I am all for helping people help themselves... getting to socials, going to clubs, chatting on the chatrooms, talking in the forums... and so on and so on......

it can be done...... I tell people to look at other profiles, and sell themselves..... for example... if hand on heart, you wouldn't reply to your own ad then why would you expect other to??

a bit of individuality goes a long long way........

[Removed by poster at 28/01/10 21:20:13]

"I think my problem with all these "rate my profile" threads is exactly the same I have with the "advice for single guys" threads

namely that we are actually in danger of producing "clones" where everyone write and says the same thing....

a bit of individuality goes a long long way

"

Well said, Fabio! Too many similar profiles is not a good thing, so you're right, it's best not to suggest what people should say. I think, though, that we can help by suggesting what people should AVOID saying.

To the OP, as others have said, I think it's best to avoid mis-spellings. Also, you don't give details of what YOU'RE looking for - to some people, this might suggest that you're desperate.

I'm sure you're not desperate - what a great pic, one of the best I've seen on here, very tasteful. One nice pic of bum or chest (if not face) is far better than 3 or more cock-pics!

Good luck!

"I think my problem with all these "rate my profile" threads is exactly the same I have with the "advice for single guys" threads.....

namely that we are actually in danger of producing "clones" where everyone write and says the same thing, because people think it is a "short cut" to getting meets....

what I can see it doing on the other hand is two things...

1) making it harder for those people that are genuine and "get it" so to speak.....

2) making it harder for people who do meet to tell between who is in fact genuine and who is just saying "the right things" to get a meet

I am all for helping people help themselves... getting to socials, going to clubs, chatting on the chatrooms, talking in the forums... and so on and so on......

it can be done...... I tell people to look at other profiles, and sell themselves..... for example... if hand on heart, you wouldn't reply to your own ad then why would you expect other to??

a bit of individuality goes a long long way........

"

Well said Fabio: didn' think about it but you're right the profiles will lose their individuality and become generic. At the end of the day it is that certain je nais se quoi that catches the eye, not the same blah blah blah profile.

Right but wrong, the truth is as we have all seen most of the guys and couples for that matter ignore a lot of good advice given in the forums.

Many simpl cannot be bothered making the effort, hundreds of couples and single male profiles with pictures that do nothing to "sell themselves" or no pictures at all, most couples profiles still showing only a picture of the female member of the partnership.

Many profiles with little or no information about what people are looking for and what are thier own assets/selling points.

Very few profiles giving an insight into thier personalities which personally we think is the most important attribute.

If you have a sense of humour why not show it.

If you are a BBW be happy with it, be honest and open about it, if you are slim and underweight say so, there are people looking for all shapes, ages and sizes on here.

If you cant travel far say so and perhaps even elaborate as to why.

If you cant accommodate say so and perhaps even why.

but this is the same old advice that most will ignore so those wise enough to listen to people in here need not worry, they will still be in the minority.

Ok - so OP asked question 4 days ago and lots of peeps offered constructive advice. I just had a look at his profile - out of curiosity cos not seen this thread before. Guess what - spelling not corrected or other advice followed. OMG - do we think its just another "look at me! look at me!" thread

By *iggerLuvWoman  over a year ago

leeds

I haven’t looked at the OP profile as I am not looking for single guys so to comment on it would be fallacious (love that word simply because it sounds naughty!) However when I do look at a profile I read more than just the words. I read the sincerity of what they have written. I read how open they have been. Most normal folk when writing about themselves just type the words as they speak them and that to me is a much more unambiguous of a sign to who they really are.

Just my opinion forum bunnies not asking to be chewed up and spat out!

Lol

Leven

"Right but wrong, the truth is as we have all seen most of the guys and couples for that matter ignore a lot of good advice given in the forums.

Many simpl cannot be bothered making the effort, hundreds of couples and single male profiles with pictures that do nothing to "sell themselves" or no pictures at all, most couples profiles still showing only a picture of the female member of the partnership.

Many profiles with little or no information about what people are looking for and what are thier own assets/selling points.

Very few profiles giving an insight into thier personalities which personally we think is the most important attribute.

If you have a sense of humour why not show it.

If you are a BBW be happy with it, be honest and open about it, if you are slim and underweight say so, there are people looking for all shapes, ages and sizes on here.

If you cant travel far say so and perhaps even elaborate as to why.

If you cant accommodate say so and perhaps even why.

but this is the same old advice that most will ignore so those wise enough to listen to people in here need not worry, they will still be in the minority."

ooops it seems you have chosen to ignore my advice on how to spell 'their'

Going by experience, most people who post on the forums asking for advice on their profiles usually ignore any advice given as well as the actual thread.

By *carletRoseWoman  over a year ago

Peterborough

A profile reflects the persons personality.......do your profile as you want......after all it is supposed to be original?

» Add a new message to this topic