FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > hpv

hpv

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

hpv goes by unnoticed but classed as std ?......scarey 50% of men and women have it and its passed on by sexual contact even with condoms and also passed with oral .....you dont know you have it unless tested usually this is picked up on a womans routine smear test ....please only comment if you have experienced this .....not looking for snide comments as heyho nearly all of us on here might have it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wingerdelightCouple  over a year ago

eastliegh

what is hpv?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Human Papillo-summat Virus. Apparently it can lead to cervical cancer.

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Human papiloma virus. It's what they are vaccinating teenage girls against these days.

The only way to guarantee you'll never get it is to be abstinent so I see little point worrying about it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They're vaccinating girls in school against it now. Both my daughter's have had it done.

By *wingerdelightCouple  over a year ago

eastliegh

thanks for that all

By *aula.ceciliaWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Every pharmacy in the country have self test kits, FREE,, pink for girls and blue for boys. once detected it is easily cleared and then you have immunity, but only from that strain as it seems to be a bit like flu!.

Similarly vaccines only protect, at present, from type 16 and 18.

By *adyA01Woman  over a year ago

Wellington

It is not easily cleared! There something like 100 different strains it also causes verrucas or warts if you get it on your skin! I found out on my last smear that I had pre cancerous cells and the HPV virus was present. Yesterday I had a biopsy taken and now have to wait 6 weeks for the results, I also had an abnormal smear in my twenty's. The consultant told me that the virus once you have it can lie dormant in the body and that it is possible I have had it since my twentys and it has re activated which has caused my abnormal smear this time. I have recently done a lot of research on the internet and there may well be a way of getting rid of it, and I have decided to try it, although I don't want to put it up here yet as I want to try it first and make sure it works first! The literature I have had on HPV is that 80% of us have had it or will get it in one form or another. The literature I have says you can continue to enjoy sex and if you have abnormal cells on your cervix you won't pass it on from those cells!

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2611.aspx

Human papilloma virus (HPV) is the name for a group of viruses that affect your skin and the moist membranes lining your body, for example, in your cervix, anus, mouth and throat. There are more than 100 types of HPV. Around 40 types of HPV infection can affect the genital area.

Infection with some types of HPV can cause: abnormal tissue growth and other changes to cells within your cervix, which can lead to cervical cancer genital warts, which is the most common sexually transmitted infection (STI) in the UK

Other types of HPV infection can cause minor problems, such as common skin warts and verrucas.

In 2008, a national vaccination programme was launched to vaccinate girls against HPV 16 and HPV 18. The vaccine is most effective if it's given a few years before a girl becomes sexually active, so it's given to girls between the ages of 12 and 13. The vaccine protects against the two strains of HPV responsible for more than 70% of cervical cancers in the U.K. However you should still attend your future screening appointments even if you have been vaccinated.

» Add a new message to this topic